Phipps Conservatory

(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.4 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding ceremony at Phipps Conservatory in the Outdoor Garden and it was BEAUTIFUL! The event team at Phipps were great -- very responsive and professional -- and they made our day magical and memorable! We highly recommend Phipps Conservatory for your upcoming wedding!!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Kimberly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I chose Phipps Conservatory as our wedding venue. We both weren't sure if we wanted to have our wedding in a church so we decided on the next best thing, an outdoor wedding surrounded by beautiful flowers. Phipps Conservatory was the right decision.

Phipps was very easy to work with and they were very friendly. The venue itself was beautiful. We chose the outdoor garden for our venue and we were fortunate to have a nice fall-like day for our wedding. If you are considering Phipps and are concerned about the weather, don't worry. Phipps has a really good Plan B for an outdoor wedding by using large white tents that I think would work well if it did rain.

The only concern would be that you might not be able to take any photos inside of Phipps if you choose this option. That being said, the scenery outside is nice enough for wedding photos. It offers some good shots.

Overall, we were very pleased with Phipps and we would most certainly have our wedding there again if we had to. We both recommend Phipps and hope this review makes your decision easier.

3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

Phipps is a beautiful venue, however they are not the easiest to work with. It was very difficult to get in touch with our coordinator. Not to mention our original coordinator left and we were assigned someone new but were not told until three weeks before the wedding. Also they knew that both my parents would be walking me down the aisle but they did not leave enough space for this to happen. As a result my mom had to end up walking behind me. Also Phipps is not flexible with any changes and they are very strict about photo space restrictions.

• Flexibility: 5.0

LOVED having my wedding ceremony at Phipps! I worked with several different staff members and they were all very nice and professional!

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I would highly recommend Phipps to anyone currently looking for a venue. I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in the Special Events Center and Tropical Forest. The fact that they are an all inclusive venue was worth every penny for the fact that was planning this wedding from a state away. You visit and pick what you want from their list of approved vendors, within the limits of what's included, and it all falls under the per person head count.

While I did get bounced around a bit while emailing Phipps staff, and it was sometimes very difficult to determine who was actually the person in charge, come the day of, everything went off without a single hitch. All I had to do was hand the staff all of my decorations and cookies and everything on Friday, and I didn't have to worry about set up or anything. The relief of knowing, day of, that I didn't have to worry about my friends or family having to set anything up was a HUGE load off of my shoulders. I was frequently told by staff that I was the most calm bride they'd seen, but I honestly have them to thank. Everything was beautiful, the food was phenomenal, and the staff were professional and very intuitive to the needs of my family and friends.

Again, the sticker shock may surprise you, but it was honestly the most perfect day I could have every asked for.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding at Phipps on 7/25/2014 was a dream come true, it was more than I could have ever imagined it to be!! We had our ceremony and cocktail hour in the Outdoor Garden and our reception in the Special Events Hall, both spaces looked amazing. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful everything was and how they loved the entire atmosphere of our wedding. Our guests loved the food too!! Our wedding day went exactly as I hoped it would, the staff set everything up as I wanted and throughout the entire day the staff was very helpful and accommodating not only to us but to our guests as well! I know our wedding day went so smoothly because of our amazing coordinators Rachel, Courtney & Colleen; they were so organized and helpful it made the months of planning easy. Phipps helped to create memories that will last a lifetime for us and our friends & family; it was the perfect way for my husband & I to start our life together!! I can’t wait to visit Phipps in the future to relive our beautiful wedding day!!

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Thank you to the Phipps Conservatory event planning staff (especially to Dominic) for making our small wedding ceremony on 7-12-14 so special! The Broderie Room was absolutely perfect for our small wedding party of 16 plus the minister and the staff at the Phipps made very effort to make my husband and I and our guests feel welcomed and attended to.

Even though the room is a bit steamy in the summer, you couldn't ask for a better or more beautiful setting to memorialize your wedding. It was possible to incorporate music, the wishing well and to take terrific photos in the Broderie Room and right outside in the courtyard.

Overall- just a 5 star location and event for my husband and I and our family!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at Phipps worked together to make my wedding absolutely perfect. Everything went exactly how I imagined it would.

4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony at the Phipps in the Broderie Room and couldn't be happier with the result. They were easy to work with and while they had suggests for how ceremonies there are typically done, they were very willing to let us make our ceremony our own. It is also an absolutely gorgeous venue and they offer the option for your guests to have access to the whole garden before or after the ceremony, which was a big hit.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The event staff changed completely between the time I booked my wedding and had my wedding. They were a bit uncertain as to where I was and was not allowed to be photographed after my ceremony. They told my photographer and myself two different things. They also watched us like a hawk while we took our photos. As soon as our 1.5 hours were up they booted us out the side door.

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Phipps is a beautiful venue for a wedding ceremony. We had our wedding in the Broderie room, which is small and intimate, just as we wanted. Gorgeous venue; however, a tad pricey. Well worth the costs, though.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Amanda
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Overall, Phipps was an AMAZING reception venue. The entire facility looked beautiful, including the special events hall where our reception was held, and our guests were definitely thrilled. The food from their in house catering was delicious, and in general we were happy with our experience. However, the level of responsiveness from the events and catering team could have been better leading up to our event. The wedding went off without a hitch, but it did require a bit of persistence on my part.

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a small wedding ceremony here in the Broderie Room of the Conservatory. The setting was beautiful and the staff was very attentive. They provided a person to overlook our entire time in the room and get anything further we needed. Beautiful place.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the most beautiful an amazing wedding ceremony in the outdoor garden. A special thanks to Dom and Maria on helping us out for the rehearsal and the day of our ceremony. We could not have asked for a more perfect day and the staff were all so professional and helpful in every way.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception at Phipps. We thought our reception turned out beautifully. It was like a fairytale! From the beginning when we booked with Phipps up until the night of our wedding, we were able to access the vendor and coordinators working with us constantly. I think this is a MAJOR pro about a vendor as I have heard other brides comment that they could not even contact their vendors easily. Additionally, we thought the food was FANTASTIC which was a major priority for us. The service and set up of the rainforest room and special events hall went smoothly and we have guests comment about the staff and venue constantly. We enjoyed the spaces we were able to have. We had a wonderful experience with Phipps! And other vendors, e.g., DJ, have commented that they enjoy working with and at this venue as well.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: Catering
Helen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Phipps is a gorgeous venue with an amazing staff who go above and beyond the call of duty. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a wonderful wedding with a gorgeous backdrop.

• Wedding: 09/13/2013