Peardon Carrillo Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

First I want to start off by saying that never did my wife and I expect to meet such a passionate, creative and artistic pair of photographers...They are down right the perfect blend of friendliness and professionalism. They have a very keen eye for taking romantic and unexpected shots. I'm not the photogenic type but the photos they captured of me and my wife were breathtaking. The amount of patience and passion that they have for their wonderful works of art far exceeded our expectations. Proving to us that they are not afraid to go the extra mile looking at every little detail imaginable to give you on camera, that perfect moment. If you took the time to read this review and for some reason have any doubt about these amazing people- toss that doubt and hire them. You will be so happy that you did.

John
01/30/2015

Peardon Carrillo Photography helped make our wedding not only great but memorable! They blend professionalism with personal understanding to create wonderful photos that capture the emotion of each moment. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and everybody loved the pictures. We continue to get notes from our parents and friends, "these pics are amazing! what a wonderful wedding!"

Private User
Recently Married

We hired Alberto and Lisa to take our engagement photos, as well as our wedding photos, and they did excellent work. These two are real professionals. They were even able to retouch the face of one of our family members who had minor skin cancer surgery on his face right before our wedding - and you would never know it. Now we have many photos that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. We definitely recommend Alberto and Lisa.

Services Used: Photography

The best thing about working with Peardon Carrillo is that you get not one but 2 photographers for your event; and 2 very dedicated, passionate professionals at that! From the day I contacted them to the wedding day and beyond, Lisa and Alberto were nothing but two of the easiest people to work with. Weddings can get stressful, but my experience with them was very stress free.

We exchanged emails, had multiple phone calls (they wanted to know your vision of the wedding, to check in etc). To make sure they understand what we like as a couple, they asked us to create a Pinterest board for us to pin pics to - shots of wedding photography we love and would like to recreate.

When the day came, nothing was a surprise. With our small 20 people wedding on the beach, we had Lisa and Alberto for more than 4 hours. They worked relentlessly, taking so many pictures (better to have more than less!), I was thrilled and exhausted at the same time. It was exhausting in the best way though- the photos came out beautifully. Some of our best pictures were taken towards the end- with the Santa Monica sunset as the backdrop. At this point, i was ready to get into the reception area and started eating, but I'm SO glad they made us stay a little longer to take these photos!

A week later, they sent over a couple dozen images (they picked the best ones i feel) in case we wanted to share them with people and on social media. The rest of the photos was delivered a couple of months after the wedding. They were very accommodating with any edits and some Photoshopping we needed done. The day of our beach wedding, the beach was packed. They were able to photoshop out a lot of these people, colorful tents from the backdrop, as if the ceremony was held in a secluded private beach. Their work is a reflection of this kind of attention to detail and perfectionism. If you've been to their website, you can clearly see the quality of their work.

Services Used: Photography

We knew at the moment we saw their website that Lisa & Alberto were going to be our wedding photographers. Of all the wedding photography websites we had seen theirs really stood out. Their lighting, sense of aesthetics and the emotions that they caught were exactly what we were looking for. After meeting with them we were even more convinced. They are very easy going down to earth people with a high level of professionalism. We are sooooo happy with our wedding photos! They are gorgeous and are going to be featured in a magazine. Lisa & Alberto made it such a good time, it was the best part of our wedding. We cannot recommend them more highly! We are truly happy! Thank you again Lisa & Alberto for these beautiful images that we will cherish forever!
Sam & Ashan

Services Used: Photography

Lisa and Alberto did amazing work for our wedding and we would highly recommend them to anyone who wants organized, hard-working, and talented photographers who produce a plethora of pictures in a a variety of styles.

The day started bright and early. Lisa and Alberto showed up bright-eyed and bushy tailed and started clicking pictures right away. Of course, the schedule got thrown off but luckily, we had listened to Lisa and Alberto when planning our timeline, and they were completely right. (When they say it takes twice as long as you think it should, they are totally on point!) They rolled with it and made sure they spent time with the guys and the girls to get tons of both candids and set pictures pre-wedding.

Lisa and Alberto's direction and ability to work with everyone was probably the best aspect of the day. They worked well with just the two of us to create imitate and loving photos, they worked with the bridal party to capture all of our personalities, and they even worked well with our families (no small feat!) They are firm with everyone to get the shots you want, but also flexible and funny to keep people happy.

In addition, Lisa and Alberto were not at all intrusive during the wedding ceremony, a fact we and our guests appreciated. Despite the fact we rarely saw them, they produced and incredible number of pictures that captured the emotional moments. It was the same for the reception. Getting candid shots is very difficult and we were amazed at the number of fantastic shots they took that were just part of the night and were not posed.

The number of pictures we were provided with was a bit overwhelming! The thing we liked about them, and what others have said as well, is that they the don't seem like the "typical" wedding shots.

We feel very lucky we hired Lisa and Alberto for our wedding. The pictures they took completely captured our day and every time we look at them, we cry!

Samantha
07/04/2014

My husband and I couldn't have been more happy with Alberto and Lisa. They were not only interested in making our wedding day perfect, but they put in so much care and so much time on our engagement shoot and everything leading up to our big day. With Alberto being a veteran, he helped us so much with our military budget and planning. The two of them are professional and take the time to make your dreams come true with their vision. Thank you both for the memories that will last us for a lifetime and our entire family! Alexander and Samantha Polivy

Services Used: Photography

Lisa and Alberto were amazing!!! My fiancé and I got married this past May at an equestrian center. Lisa and Alberto were so creative both on site and in post production. They visited the site before the wedding so they could have ideas of where they would be shooting and which locations would offer the best shot. Also, they were able to seamlessly create tasteful photos that incorporated our theme. They were very personable and easy to work with. My family has very "unique" dynamics and they made everyone feel comfortable and included. We would HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Services Used: Photography

Lisa and Alberto were terrific! My husband and I hired them for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. They were a great team and perfectly balance each other out with their personalities. They kept us calm during stressful times on the wedding day, met with us multiple times before hand to go through a timeline and see what we want and what our style was. Lisa even went on my pinterest and printed out a list of the poses that I liked and made sure that we shot them on that very stressful day!! Now that we have our pictures, we love them, I want to frame all of them I just can't decide. I highly recommend them!!!

Brit
10/05/2013

I've known Lisa and Alberto for 5 or 6 years- I met them when I modeled for a class at an independent photography school. I was very impressed with the photos I got from them and stayed in touch with them over the years. When they went into wedding photography, I knew that they would be the ones I would hire to capture my day. Not only do they provide unmatched quality, but they have a very unique eye and vision for capturing every detail and moment. My photos are artistic and beautiful! I can't even describe how gifted they are with seeing and utilizing things in your surroundings and using them to create gorgeous photos.

They make themselves available whenever you need and offer experience and knowledge to assist you in planning your wedding. They can even help you with writing up a timeline for the day-of, which I cannot stress how important that is. They also have great people skills and can handle even the most challenging family members when getting group photos together. They have also gathered many vendor contacts that will give you a discount when you mention Peardon-Carrillo photography.

I could go on and on about Lisa and Alberto! They're the best! If you hire them, you will be pleasantly surprised with how wonderful they are and how amazing your photos turn out.

Pantea
08/31/2013

My husband and I were married August 2013 and began scrambling to find all our vendors just months before the wedding. Photographers were very important to us so we spent extra time and attention to this vendor. I came across Peardon & Carillo on a list of Top 10 wedding photographers in Los Angeles and immediately loved them. I compared the work I saw on line to what's considered "top of the line" and very pricey photographers and was pleasantly surprised to find that P&C's work was better and more affordable.

Once we met them in person, we were reassured that they would be our wedding photographers. They have such a flare for the art and eye for design that each photo we saw from our engagement shoot and wedding really made us smile from ear to ear. I cannot describe the reaction we got from family and friends after they saw our photos, but it was more like surprise and astonishment at how amazing the pictures were.

The best part of P&C is that you really get two eyes and two visions for the price of one. Alberto brings such an amazing direction to the photos and Lisa definitely has her own touch which I appreciate as a woman. They are such a great combination together and bring such force to every shot.

They are very professional and easy to work with. Very straight forward and no BS. It was especially hard on the day of the wedding when emotions and stress levels are high, but P&C kept their focus and remained calm which helped us remain calm (we had a very large and rowdy bridal party which didn't help matters).

I have nothing but positive things to say about this pair and really believe that the work they do is superb and affordable. Don't skip out on the engagement shoot! It really was worth it and so much fun to be a little more explorative. P&C were game for anything and really let the natural and sexy side of us come out in the photos.

Pantea Kipnis

Services Used: Photography

Lisa and Alberto are an amazing team! They did our engagement and wedding Pictures earlier this year, and they were a pleasure to work with. They were prompt, responsive, and had great ideas. They took time to get to know me and my husband, and captured moments during our wedding that were important to us.

They do a great job not only with portraits and formal pictures, but also captured great candid moments. They were helpful in planning the time course of the wedding as well, and we were able to build our schedule in a way that felt relaxed. They really listened to what we wanted and didn't want in our pictures, and made the whole experience amazingly stress free.

I don't need to say too much about their skills as photographers. One look at their website and you can tell they are both amazingly talented. I was blown away by how amazing everyone looked in the pictures, and how they caught all the aspects of our multi-cultural wedding. They also take a great deal of pride in their work,, and spent a significant amount of time both during the event and after making sure everything is perfect.

I couldn't be happier with them, and would recommend them to anyone who wants excellent wedding photography from a couple of people who are super easy to work with.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I worked with Lisa and Alberto at Peardon Carrillo Photography for our engagement photos and our wedding, we I have to say we are both very happy with the results. We chose them because we were initially impressed with their energy, professional attitude and the work we saw in their portfolios. The most impressive thing about working with Lisa and Alberto is the level of commitment and energy they bring to each photo shoot. Our engagement photo session lasted for about 5 hours and took us all over downtown LA. At the start of the session Lisa and Alberto joked about how they out lasted the last couple they worked with, and boy they were not joking. By the end of the session my wife and I were dead tired, but Lisa and Alberto still had energy and were willing to keep going if we wanted to. Lisa and Alberto also brought this same energy and commitment to our wedding and worked their butts off for over six hours. It was truly impressive how many photos they took and how awesome they turned out. Lisa and Alberto managed to get some amazing pictures of us, our family, and our friends at our wedding. When it came to making the album, it was hard picking only a few out of the loads of great pictures they provided us. Since we were not able to get all our favorite photos in our album we now have a whole shelf at home dedicated to our wedding photos. I cannot recommend Lisa and Alberto enough. You should hire these two for your wedding photographers, you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Photography

Alberto and Lisa were AMAZING, although I knew when we chose them as our wedding photographers they would be!

They were the first photographers that we met in person, and not only did the work they showed us blew us away,

but their personality and professionalism was also out of the park!  They did our engagement photos and we were

absolutely 100% sure we made the right decision and made us excited about our wedding photos! When we saw our

wedding photos we were speechless! We couldn't be any happier with their work! Not only did they capture every

special moment, but they made sure that the ones closest to us were in many of the photos! They definitely have

passion for what they do, and I recommend anyone who has a special occasion to book them!

Private User
2+ years ago

We had the opportunity to work with Lisa Peardon and Alberto Carrillo twice now – for our engagement shoot and our wedding. We were extremely impressed with them on both occasions. They are very talented, fun, organized, and helped us make our wedding a success. They captured our special day and we will be forever grateful. They really know how to tell a story with the camera – capturing light, depth, angles, shapes, and colors that we did not see ourselves.
We were particularly grateful for their guidance on the timeline of our wedding day. The photos are stunning, and we will enjoy them forever. We did not realize how much effort went into both the engagement shoot, the wedding, and the editing and selection of the photos for our wedding album.
Lisa and Alberto put their heart and soul into everything they did for us, and you can see it in the work product. Our pictures are beautiful and we have made new friends.
We feel very lucky to have been referred to Peardon Carrillo and would recommend them in a second to anyone.
Talia and Eilon

Anonymous
2+ years ago

My husband is passionate about photography, so we knew that we had to find the best photography team for our wedding. We initially heard about Lisa and Alberto of Peardon Carrillo Photography through our venue. When you meet Alberto and Lisa, it is easy to see why their work is so good. It is clear that they LOVE what they do, and that they want to take amazing pictures both for themselves as well as for their brides and grooms. A lot of people don't think about the fact that they will be spending pretty much their whole wedding day with the photographers and that therefore picking someone you like and "gel" with is super important. Lisa and Alberto's work speaks for itself, so our meetings were really valuable in making me feel comfortable with them and in helping me imagine how much fun working with them on the day-of would be.

Lisa and Alberto were extremely giving with their time and expertise. My husband wanted to take special photos at a location that wasn't exactly close by to our venue or the getting ready locations. They totally jumped on board with the idea, and even recommended a location that they had shot at before. It rained heavily the days leading up to the wedding, which threatened our photography plans. Lisa and Alberto were ready with some backup ideas, yet were willing to be spontaneous in case the weather worked in our favor so that we could have the pictures in the location we wanted. (Fortunately the weather was gorgeous on the day of).

On our wedding day, Lisa and Alberto were such troopers! They smiled, and made my family and friends feel at ease. They really know how to direct a shoot and how to gently instruct people so that they can look their best. My husband, who is not only an amateur photographer himself but also very critical, was raving about them all night.

We can't wait to see the pictures, as we know they will be amazing. Thank you, Lisa and Alberto!