Paramount Country Club

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When initially looking for wedding venues when we pulled up on the grounds of Paramount we were immediately blown away by how beautiful it was. From the mountains in the background, the gorgeous buildings to well kept grounds and golf course. However, what really sold us on moving forward with Paramount was our event coordinator, Mauricio. From the minute we met him, we just knew he was the one. Warm, personable, honest, friendly. What more can you ask for? Throughout the whole planning process, Mauricio kept to his word, got back to us when he said he would and just really made us felt special from the start! I also have to give him and his staff props for dealing with my "crazy" Aunty and her demanding ways (it all comes from a place of love and wanting the best for her niece). But with that said, she knows how to work a nerve and Mauricio took it all like a champ and still went above and beyond for us. The day of our wedding was amazing, we were the last wedding of the season at Paramount and they did it up for us. We could not have asked for anything more!! My husband and I are still receiving compliments on not only how great the cocktail hour food and dinner was, but how pleasant and accommodating the staff was! That in my opinion says it all! I'm already plotting on how to have another function at Paramount (with Mauricio) in the future ;)

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Chauny

Paramount Country Club - 60 Zukor Rd, New City, NY 10956 (845) 205-0354

We found Paramount Country Club almost by accident and I’m SO glad we did! We had avoided country club venues after seeing a few that felt like “wedding factories.” Paramount did not have that feel at all. The main clubhouse is a beautiful stone and beam ranch-style structure and the adjoining cottage is similarly constructed. The outdoor ceremony area - complete with surrounding stone walls and a moderately-sized center fountain - overlooks High Tor State Park’s beautiful hills and we were fortunate enough to have gorgeous weather for our wedding day. Both sets of families described Paramount as unpretentious and welcoming and that’s exactly right. Doug Graubard and his staff took outstanding care of us from beginning to end. They were accessible and extremely flexible with us throughout the planning process. The food is outstanding! Everyone raved about the cocktail hour - not only about the quality of the food but about the amount and variety. Some even thought that was dinner, but were equally impressed with the sitdown meal served at the reception. There were all sorts of thoughtful and much appreciated small touches (like the personal bridal attendant Maria, who was AWESOME, and the light lunch that was served while we got ready) that made an incredibly special day even more so. Doug’s staff is simply outstanding - they are professional, efficient and take obvious and well-deserved pride in their work. I would not change a single second of our day, thanks in very large part to Paramount.
Josh & Kathleen Gladstone - Married 10.12.14

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at Paramount Country Club was everything I could have hoped for and more. Leading up to the wedding, the entire planning process with Mauricio was so easy as he answered every question I had promptly and made every accommodation that we asked for. On the wedding day itself, my husband and I felt relaxed as we knew we were in good hands. Special mention should be made of the bridal attendant Maria. She was warm & friendly and assisted my bridesmaids and me with so many little details as we got ready. While we were taking pictures, she even brought us glasses of hot water to hold to warm our hands as it was pretty chilly outside! It is the little things like this that show the great level of service provided by the Paramount staff. I received so many compliments about Paramount from the guests as well. The ceremony space was so tranquil and beautiful, the food was excellent and they loved overall uniqueness of the venue as it was a departure from the usual "wedding factory" venue that they are used to in the NY/NJ area. Thank you again for making our most special day perfect!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have asked for a more beautiful location or more helpful staff. Maurcio is a gem he is responsive and unbelievable accommodating. The far exceed our expectations and the food is absolutely amazing

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married at the Paramount on 9/20/14. They far exceeded our expectations the food and every detail was perfect. We also worked with Maurcio and he was amazing promt return emails or calls and just an absolutely pleasure to work with he made one of the hardest events to plan into a piece of cake. I could not recvomend them more!!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding than Paramount Country Club!!! It was truly the best night of our lives. From planning the details with Mauricio to our actual wedding night, everything went without a hitch. Mauricio and the entire staff was a pleasure to work with and really accommodated all of our requests. The day of the wedding was truly amazing and exceeded expectations. Maria took care of every request throughout the day. She ensured that we had everything we needed. She is truly amazing!! Alana and Mauricio checked in with us throughout the night and made sure everything went smoothly. The entire staff made us and our family feel so special.

We could not be happier having our wedding at Paramount Country Club. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. The hospitality was outstanding and everything was executed perfectly. They truly captured the rustic feel that we were looking for. The food was absolutely delicious. Our guests could not stop raving about the food, service, and the beauty of the Paramount. All of our guests were so impressed!!!! This is not your typical wedding hall, they go above and beyond for you!! We recommend Paramount for your wedding or any event - they will not disappoint!!!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were 100 % satisfied with the service, the food, and the attention to detail from the staff.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Lois
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Path for the procession outside can be long. It is extremely beautiful, but needs to be timed properly. Food, assistant to the bride and service were excellent.

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Meital
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had our wedding at Paramount Country Club and we have nothing bad to say at all about the club itself and Mauricio and his staff! From start to finish they very accommodating, flexible, and easy to work with. All of our expectations were exceeded in every way and the place was the perfect setting for our dream wedding!!!

In regards to Mauricio; he was on point during the entire process and could not have been anymore helpful!

Thank you Paramount for the wedding of our dreams!

Alyssa and Dan

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
Alyssa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding at he Paramount Country Club on June 6, 2014. 5 stars is not enough to give an accurate review of the Paramount and their staff. Mauricio went above and beyond both in the planning process as well as the day of! He was available whenever I had a question and had suggestions when asked. My wedding was everything I have dreamed of and could not have been any better. The grounds were gorgeous and well kept. If you are looking for a place to have and incredible reception, service, and to have beautiful photos that you will have forever this is definitely the place! I would not have changed anything about my wedding day! The Paramount staff and maitre d' really went above and beyond. Our guests cannot stop talking about our wedding day! My husband and I have such great memories from our day and we have them all to thank for it! Thank you very much Paramount and staff you did an amazing job and we and our guests had the greatest time! I would not only recommend others to use this as their venue for any event, I would highly suggest it! You will not be sorry! I loved the Paramount Country Club!!!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Alexa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Paramount Country Club was a dream come true for our wedding. The staff was amazing from start to finish. Everyone went above and beyond what I could ever have imagined. The grounds were immaculately maintained making the outdoor ceremony so beautiful and all of the wait staff were courteous and very professional. Our guests are still raving about the food. I could not have asked for a more wonderful planning process and wedding day. Every detail was attended to making the whole process flow so smoothly. Thank you to Mauricio and all of the Paramount support staff for making our day so special!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Paramount Country Club was an amazing venue for my wedding. The service was excellent and I was extremely happy with the end result. I would highly recommend this venue for any occasion.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Samantha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding day was October 4th. Five stars is not enough. We cannot say enough about how incredible the people at Paramount are. The hospitality was outstanding. We felt like we were at home with family all day. Doug and Mauricio treated us like royalty and executed everything so smoothly. Our family & friends were so impressed by the service and the food. THE FOOD!... Inventive, delicious,exceptional. Their tenderloin & sea bass is to die for. The many station options include high-end, quality meats for the carving station, fresh seafood, and fun ideas (we had a philly cheese steak station which was a HUGE hit)! A big thanks to all the banquet staff, and Maria!! They are not running a standard banquet hall at Paramount, they really set themselves apart from the rest. The grounds are spectacular- not your average venue!! We highly recommend!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Paramount is a gorgeous setting and provides you with all the following:
--art deco style garden site for your ceremony
--amazing food:our guests were blown away by cocktail hour!! the menu choices for dinner were also fantastic
--beautiful overnight rooms for your wedding party or family members
--bridal suite to prepare
--rehearsal day (we had our dinner off site, but they could cater that, too.)
--whatever you dream of to make your day special

Our contacts at Paramount were incredibly accommodating and open to all questions and inquiries. They coordinated with an off-site cake vendor, florist, a band and a group of ceremony musicians. I also was able to bring in some personal touches to the space. On the day of the rehearsal and the wedding day, they were attentive to my nervous groom's requests ;), and really kind and generous our families and guests.

The grounds and buildings are the former estate of the founder of Paramount Pictures. It is really a different and special environment, that happens to also have the services of a country club. We looked at about 10 venues in the area in person before choosing this one.

I was concerned about the large number of older guests spending the entire celebration outside in potentially hot and muggy weather, so this was a great blend of outdoor beauty and indoor comfort. It was the perfect venue for a summer wedding: outdoor ceremony, patio and club room cocktail hour and dinner and dancing in the ballroom.

The menus for catering were revised in the beginning of 2013. They are updated to reflect more current taste and definitely exceed the "wedding food" stereotype. Guests were able to choose from three mains tableside (one vegetarian).

Our families and guests had a great time at Paramount. We got great value and a beautiful location here, and I would strongly recommend the Paramount to brides in Rockland and Bergen counties and beyond!!

Wedding Date: 8/17/13

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn’t be happier with how our wedding went at Paramount! The venue itself is incredible—both inside and outside. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. We had our ceremony outdoors in the garden, where there is a beautiful fountain and gorgeous view of the mountains. The clubhouse has a classic, historic feel, but was recently remodeled-- very elegant and tastefully done, a country club that feels warm and welcoming, not pretentious. I have to say that we were not thrilled with the previous wedding coordinator, who was not very responsive when we initially tried to contact her. But we were very happy with the new events coordinator who recently came on board-- Doug Graubard is seriously the best! Doug put us at ease throughout the entire planning process and was very responsive with any questions or concerns we had. Doug is passionate about food, presentation, and making sure that both you and your guests have a good time. He took the time to put together a special menu for our rehearsal dinner. He was flexible and happy to incorporate our ideas and favorite foods. On the day of our wedding, Doug, Ralph, and the whole staff worked very hard and went the extra mile to make sure everything went smoothly. The food surpassed our expectations, the cocktail hour was very impressive, and we received a lot of compliments from our guests. You are in great hands when you work with Doug and Paramount Country Club.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had our wedding at Paramount Country Club and I would highly recommend them. The best thing about the venue is that they only have one wedding a day so you are able to really put your personal touches on the venue. They were extremely flexible in working around our schedule and decorations plans for the day - they accommodated every little detail we needed and were always available to answer all of my random questions as we got closer to the day. Unfortunately it rained during our wedding, which was not in the forecast, and all of the staff at Paramount did an absolutely amazing job switching the ceremony from the garden to the terrace at the last minute and making the ambience feel as if it was still outside. We were disappointed that we could not use the garden but all of our guests commented on how lovely the terrace was.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
845-634-4626
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire