Paper Source - Chicago

Flexibility:
 (4.2/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 3 Reviews
We did DIY invitations by selecting paper components from a local vendor and then having the printed materials done by Paper Source. Using their online system and designs, we came up with the invites, RSVP cards, and accomodation/other info cards. They promptly forwarded proofs of these items. For the accomodation/other cards, we wanted them printed on bigger stock and they were eager to comply. The work came out wonderful and they even provided some extra blank stock in the order, just in case. All and all, Paper Source was wonderful to work with.
Wedding: Recently Married

MichelleAn... 10 Reviews
Our invitations were beautiful - exactly what we wanted! They were more expensive than we expected, but we didn't really have any idea how much invites would cost to begin with. We lucked out that they had a design we loved already, so it was easy to plug in our info. The process was easy and fast and the invites came quickly. Recommend!
  • Value:  3.0

Private User 5 Reviews
The paper source on Armitage is a great place for DIY invitation or any other paper needs. They have a wide variety of paper colors and textures as well as prints. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable. It is easy to ring up a big bill at the Paper source but in the end I loved my invitations, thank you cards and programs!
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
thank you for the resources! we used all of your products from bridal shower to the wedding to the thank you cards. can't wait to have a baby shower. thank you again
Wedding: 06/20/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I bought all of my paper here and then had it letterpressed elsewhere. The color of the paper was great and so was the quality. I was very pleased and got many comments on the invitations.
Wedding: 09/20/2008
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
While I did the calligraphy for our wedding invitations, I ordered the paper from Paper Source. We wanted 100% recycled paper for the invitations and the envelopes, and Paper Source had just the thing. They unfortunately sold the envelopes in packs of 8 and the cards in packs of 10, so we had a weird number in our order, but they had a good discount so it ended up just fine.

The paper looked great when everything was printed on it!
Wedding: 08/24/2008
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
We used paper source for our invitations and it was great. Everyone loved them and we couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. Would defintely use them again.
Wedding: 08/23/2008
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
We made our own invitations, but we bought everything at Paper Source. The people were very helpful in giving ideas and suggestions, and we saved a lot of money making our own instead of paying to have them made!
Wedding: 08/11/2008
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We recieved so many compliments on our invitations. Fun enough, I think this was one of my favorite things about my wedding. We did run into some problems trying to order them online. It took me hours to try and figure out how to format the invitations, so finally I called and talked with their invitation department. Thirty minutes later I had my proof and the order was placed the next day. I couldn't have been happier with the results. I recommend them to everyone now.
Wedding: 06/07/2008
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used them to make our programs, escort cards, and table cards. I loved their stuff, it's just a bit pricey.
Wedding: 05/25/2008
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Paper Source is a store that has all sorts of stationary, papers, and decoration ideas. I bought all the materials and made everything myself. Great selection, friendly workers. If you're planning on making your own, should pay a visit!
Wedding: 05/24/2008
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
When I ordered my invitation they were supposed to have "some assemly" required; however, when I got them I had to put the entire invitation together myself... The only thing that I did not have to do was print the wording! Out of the 200 invitations that I ordered, 50 of them did not fit into the sleeves that they came woth and when I called to exchange the sleeves they acted like I did something wrong. I was also shorted on sleeves and the decorative paper that wrapped around my invitations. When the extra sleeves were sent out to me, they were the wrong ones.
Wedding: 05/23/2008
3.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
I bought all the materials for making my programs at Paper Source. It is a go-to place in Chicago for DIY wedding stuff and they have an amazing amount of options. I brought some friends to help me as I didn't quite know what I wanted to do, and they were very helpful. However, the Paper Source staff just let us wander around, didn't really offer any advice. I do appreciate their selection and the quality of their products. However, I am turned off by their return policy.
Wedding: 05/09/2008
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our invitations were absolutely beautiful. They arrived promptly and in style. I highly recommend www.paper-source.com!
Wedding: 03/01/2008

paquita2 7 Reviews
I made my own invitations and bought the paper and envelopes at paper-source.com. I love the selection of envelopes and eventually chose the petal style for my invitations. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to buy the swatch book, so you can get a good idea of the colors. And pay attention to the type of paper you're buying to see if it's compatible with your printer. I learned the hard way when I was making programs for my friend's wedding and ended up going to Kinko's.
3.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
We wanted to make our invitations ourselves (it allowed us more freedom to do make them however we wanted without having to worry about lots of extra costs), and I checked around at a lot of different paper stores, but found that Paper-Source had the widest selection of colors and specialty paper and lots of good examples to get the creative juices flowing! I was really happy with all the products we bought from them, and I loved our final product!
Wedding: 07/28/2007
 773-525-7300
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire