Open Aire Affairs

Profile Picture
Meg
06/20/2015
1.4

Open Aire Affairs came with our rental of The Pearl S. Buck Estate. While the setting is ideal for any couple who wants an outdoor wedding, the planning/rental company that is Open Aire Affairs was less than pleasant to work with.

Each rental comes with a coordinator, also known as the person who keeps track of your expenses. We went through 3 coordinators with OAA, making it a rather frustrating process for an already stressful time. Our final coordinator came in 6 months before the wedding. We felt like we had to start over with each one-- going through the timeline of our wedding day, our needs and upgrades-- but especially with the last one. Her communication was touch and go, and she never fully answered all of my questions or got her information 100% right.

Two weeks before the wedding, we met with her to walk through and finalize our (very!!!) expensive upgrades. Days later, she emailed me the updated invoice-- $3,000 worth of upgrades we did NOT ask for, and not all of the upgrades we DID ask for! We went through about 10 invoices with her before she got it right. She didn't show up to the rehearsal, and don't expect her to actually "coordinate" anything. I only saw her once from a distance the day of the wedding. I haven't heard from her since the day of the rehearsal when we called to see if she was coming. No follow-up email, no thank you for booking with them. She was extremely inconsistent and not very communicative.

My advice is to be very detailed with your communication with OAA, pay very close attention to your invoices and ask that they explain everything they're charging you for to ensure you're not paying for something you didn't ask for! It's unfortunate that this company is so difficult to work with because the venues they partner with are beautiful!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I met representatives of OAA at an Open House for another venue they work with, and when I told the coordinator (Stacy) what I was looking for in a venue - outdoor space, unique, ability to hold over 200 people, options for a rain plan - she said right away - you need to see Pearl S. Buck House, it's magical. My mom and I immediately drove over just to see it, without anyone showing us around. As soon as we drove up the tree-lined drive and stepped out onto the grounds, we knew this was it. It was a "Say Yes to the Venue" moment.

Pearl S. Buck House and OAA did not disappoint. This venue is Bucks County at its finest - acres of fields and trees, beautifully manicured grounds, several settings for any taste - fields, barn, woods, estate house, patio, tent - use them all. The tent is there permanently, and is a wonderfully convenient and unique reception venue.

Since this venue is a bit of a DIY, as in, all vendors are up to you, it was a relief to have OAA recommendations, and they were spot on. OAA will listen to your budget needs and vision, and suggest vendors that will compliment your venue perfectly. I was especially thrilled to work with Jamie Hollander Gourmet Catering and DJ Bob Mills of Philly Event Group (both OAA recommended vendors). I personally recommend the clear top to the tent and the outdoor patio furniture - the fire pit was a big hit at our reception.

I could not have had a more beautiful setting for my day had I built it myself. OAA and Pearl S. Buck House really are magical.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception at the Peal S Buck Estate and used Open Aire Affairs. They provided the tent, tables and chairs at the venue. We worked with Stacy who was wonderful and really helped with vendor recommendations. The site is really beautiful and I definitely recommend it for a ceremony/reception venue. My only complaint was that we rented "air conditioners" for the tent that are supposed to cool it down in case of really warm weather and they did very little to help cool the tent down on our 95 degree day. Other than that the service was great and the venue fantastic.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough for the team at open Aire Affairs. Kim was perfect, caring and personable. She was able to meet all our needs and then some. From the draping in the tent to additional supplies and working with Sand Castle and Kasey Lynn Catering - it was perfect. Her recommendations on cooling were excellent and well worth it. Thank you - thank you - thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We heard the word "Magical" about our wedding from a lot of guests. The tent was simply magnificant. Open Air was very easy and professional to work with. Thank you so much for your hard work and for making our wedding day such a memorable one!

Jill & Paul Schuman

1.8

Poor communication. Never met the woman face to face. Waited till last minute to finalize contract. Added over 3K extra in rental charges without communication. Was always on her cell phone and distracted. POOR service. Didn't have another choice at my venue. The day of the wedding, the lady did not even show.

Open Aire Affairs responded with the following comments:

We apologize if you did not receive exceptional services from Open Aire Affairs. We are very proud to announce Open Aire Affairs is under new management and are excited about the new style of service that our current, upcoming and future brides will receive! Happy Planning!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We rented an Open Aire Affairs tent on the grounds of Sand Castle Winery. It was the right venue for my daughter and son-in-law. The views were spectacular, the tent was beautifully decorated, and if my guests got too warm in the late June evening, they could go in and out of the air-conditioned building next to the tent. Larry was always available to answer any questions. Definitely recommend this company if you would like a tent wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent experience with overall satisfaction. OAA made our guests feel comfortable and we were so pleased with how everything turned out. We felt like our rep really wanted to take care of us and help us make the best choices. Our venue of Pearl S. Buck through OAA was breathtakingly beautiful. We were thrilled, thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Open Aire Affairs made planning my wedding incredibly easy. The venue was breathtaking and I got to pick my favorite caterer, band, florist, photographer, etc. to make the day my own. They are happy to make recommendations for you- some of which we did use, and there are free open houses to get to know some of these vendors. We were thrilled with the recommeded choice- we used Jamie Hollander catering. The food was out of this world and Kate who manages everything was in a word- amazing. She paid attention to every detail, was incredibly organized, and made me feel like I didn't have to worry about a thing!
The guests at our wedding commented that they felt like they were in a movie...think Wedding Crashers because the secnery was absolutely beautiful, the food was amazing, the band was unbelievable and people just laughed and danced all night long. It was truly the best day of my life. If I had to plan it all over again, I wouldn't change a single detail.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Larry was a pleasure to work with and helped our daughter's wedding to be a great success. The tent was wonderful and the patio an extra special touch! We had a handicap issue with one of the guest showing up in a wheelchair and Larry immediately took care of the situation. The wedding and reception was better than our dreams. A BIG THANK YOU to Larry and Open Aire Affairs

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They are great to work with and have amazing venues available. I wish they were a little more hands on with the final rentals (as in sit down with you and show you what you have available to rent). I went with the basic package only because I had no idea what else was available. Otherwise, I would recommend them to anyone. They are great at getting back to you in a timely manner and willing to work with budgets

Open Aire Affairs responded with the following comments:

We apologize about the hands on with the final rentals. We are very proud to announce Open Aire Affairs is under new management! We are more hands on with the whole process and try make it seamless as possible on your special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

the grounds provided by open aire affairs were impeccable. the staff we dealt with were always on point and completely flexible in terms of scheduling meetings. the team hosted several open houses where i was able to meet the vendors in the area and i feel this is a service that goes above and beyond. the day i was getting married there was a chance of rain and the team at Open Aire Affairs were ready to go with a back up plan and several stand by needs including heaters.

1.0

We went with Open Aire Affairs because we fell in love with the Pearl S Buck Estate for both our ceremony and reception. After signing on with Open Aire Affairs with Larry, everything went downhill. We even had his assistant trying to kick us out of the reception before the 10pm (which was the end of our reception). They will nickel and dime you, and you will most definitely pay twice as much as you are expecting. I don' recommend Open Aire Affairs.

Open Aire Affairs responded with the following comments:

We apologize for the service you received before our new management took over. We proudly announced we are fully under new management and all future brides will have a hands-on experience but also seamless experience through our new checklist process. Also you will be able to party til you reception ends, I promise you that! Happy Planning!

2.7

I was very happy with Open Aire until the day of my wedding. They have a wonderful set up at the Pearl Buck Estate, however were unavailable on the day of my wedding to live up to the services they promised. My bridal party was locked out of the bridal suite for over two hours while we tried (with no success) to reach our coordinator. My girls had to do their hair and make up in a VERY warm hallway and adjacent outdoor bathroom, while we tried to reach ANYONE who could let us into the room we were supposed to be in. After the event, the coordinator never even contacted me to make any apologies, nor did he speak to my father, who paid a great deal to the company for their services. I would hesitate to recommend Open Aire to another client.

Open Aire Affairs responded with the following comments:

We apologize for the promises that were broken before our new management took over. We are proudly announcing we are fully under new management whom all our event planners now very hands-on. We are the first one on site and the last one to leave to make sure everything runs smoothly during your special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful sites but can get a little pricey since you have to bring in every thing. (ex: caterer, DJ, cake etc) Larry is extremely helpful and saved me when I lost my caterer 4 weeks before my wedding day. He was also there the day I got married checking on everything and making sure it all ran smoothly.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Open Aire Affairs was a delight to work with for our daughter's wedding. Larry Ott was a calm presence with a clear head and excellent suggestions for making the day special. Larry offered good advice to us as first-time wedding organizers. The day was a huge success.