Old York Road Country Club

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Old York Road was exactly what we wanted for our wedding venue. After meeting with Joe, I knew everything would run smoothly and I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. And this was totally the case! Our wedding day was PERFECT! The food was amazing, the room looked gorgeous and the staff was so kind to our guests. I would highly recommend OYRCC!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great venue! Food is fantastic and grounds are beautiful.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In my wedding planning process venue selection turned into the hardest decision for my fiancé and myself to make. After visiting several locations and expectations not being met, the search continued. Once we met with Joe Wurtz and toured the club we both walked out and knew it was the perfect venue for us! It had everything we were looking for; gorgeous landscaping, beautiful outdoor (covered!) cocktail space, large dance floor, rustic touches, golf course for my husband, and all at a reasonable price! Working with Joe and his staff was a pleasure as they were very organized and personable and always made us feel like a priority. On our wedding day, the service and attention to detail was beyond what we could have expected and our guests couldn't stop (and continue) to rave about how excellent the food was!

I can’t say enough how happy we were with our decision to have our wedding at Old York Road. I have and will continue to highly recommend to all my family and friends!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have nothing but kind words for the staff at the Old York Road Country Club. Joe is a great salesman --- he had me booked before we even looked at other nearby vendors. And I'm glad he did! Our family and friends are still raving about the food, over 2 weeks after the wedding. Not only is the food fantastic, the service is even better. Joe and Chelsea answered my numerous emails quickly and thoroughly (and "numerous" is certainly an understatement). Day of, Jill the Wedding Captain got absolutely everything we needed. The room was set up perfectly, everything we brought with us was where it needed to be, and everything was cleaned and packed up to be returned to us at the end of the night --- with zero effort from us, which was fabulous. They know what they're doing. You won't be disappointed!

They also do a great job of putting you in contact with other vendors --- which was key for us, since we were planning the wedding from out of town. Can't recommend them enough!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at Old York Road Country Club was fabulous! They listened to everything we wanted and made our day perfect! The wedding package is the best value out there and everything is top notch. I would highly recommend!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are writing this a little late in the game but I figure better late than never because these guys deserve all the praise we can give.

I really don’t know how to begin this review of Old York Road Country Club other than with the words outstanding! Our wedding was the first one of the season and we heard over and over again about how excited the whole crew at OYRCC was to finally start the season. Let me tell you, we started it off with a bang.

Joe, Jennifer and all the team members were such a pleasure to work with. The beautiful reception hall overlooking the greens comfortably fit 160 of our closest family and friends. The food was delicious and the atmosphere exquisite. My husband and I could not have asked for a better reception.

OYRCC strives for excellence and the moment you walk in, you can see it. My husband and I, not to mention my mother and father, actually knew we wanted our reception there from the moment we drove up their luxurious drive way onto the premises. I completely was blown away.
Every moment of our reception was pure heaven. From the cocktail hour to a crazy room full of family and friends dancing. We recommend OYRCC with the highest of regards and thank them for the bottom of our hearts for making our dreams come true.

Love Justine & Fred Coglianese

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING is the only way to describe the OYRCC Team. From our very first meeting to the wedding everything was amazing!!! There all inclusive package is the way to go, they have the best price in the area not to mention the amazing views! The food was amazing. I had a smaller wedding (100 People) and every single guest commented how great the food was, every single person said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Their entire staff are so friendly and professional!! Jenn is the event manager, she is great! Any random weird request or question I had she was on top of it. She even set aside a few items that were forgotten after the ceremony for me. She really went over and above to make sure our wedding was amazing!! She really is a great asset to OYRCC. Joe is the GM and he is wonderful as well. I cant thank the entire OYRCC team enough for such a great night!!!! I will be recommending them for years to come!! and I look forward to booking baby showers and my younger siblings weddings there!!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best and most important thing I can say about OYRCC is that we did not have to worry about one single thing leading up to the wedding and on the day of the wedding. From top to bottom, the service provided throughout the entire process could not have been better as they handled everything. They were so quick to respond to any questions or requests that we had and they were unbelievable accommodating. We wanted to hire a ten piece band to perform at our reception and reached out to OYRCC to see if they could accommodate the band. My wife emailed OYRCC with the inquiry and Joe called us back within 30 minutes and had already walked through the reception room with his maintenance man with the band leader on the phone. On the actual day of the wedding the entire staff was amazing. All of our guests walked away from our wedding raving about the venue and the service. I would recommend OYRCC to anyone looking to get married in the Philadelphia Area. Strong 5 out of 5!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These people were GREAT for us. We were planning our wedding from an hour and a half away and they were great with doing things through email and over the phone as well. They had people there all day to help us with anything we needed and Joe was constantly checking in on us to see if we needed anything. Joe was also a great help when it came to a rain out for my now husband's golf outing that he promised him! Everyone thought this place was extremely pretty and very well maintained! We LOVED it!

• Wedding: 10/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OYR went above and beyond for us. Our reception was perfect and ran on time. The grounds are gorgeous.... Our pictures are awesome. Food was great! Outdoor cocktail hour was fun during the summer. My guests raved about the wedding reception!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Old York Road Country Club was absolutely amazing! My husband and I looked at dozens of different venues before finding OYCC. Once we found it we knew it was the one! The grounds and buildings are absolutely beautiful and they allowed us access to anywhere we wanted. Jennifer was really responsive with any requests or questions I had. On top of that they were very accommodating with all of our requests. When we arrived to the site we had Jill come around with us in our golf carts to all the different areas we were having pictures done. It was a really hot day, but when our bridal party saw the awesome spread that OYCC had put out for us with food and drinks during the outdoor pictures they were really happy. They allowed us to have everything timed so that Matt and I were able to make the majority of the cocktail hour (which was awesome out on the patio overlooking the course). Every detail was taken care of and the entire day was very smooth. In terms of pricing this was one of the best prices and included the most!

We could not have been happier. Thank you Jen and Joe!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My Husband and I could not be happier with what Old York Road Country Club provided us for our wedding. We visited over a dozen venues looking for the perfect spot, once we drove up OYRCC's tree lined driveway we knew we were starting off good. The grounds and buildings are beautiful. A great place for any kind of wedding. Their garden where we held our wedding ceremony was perfect. The florals in the summer are full and beautiful, and the rustic barns give a comfortable yet elegant feel. The staff is outstanding. Working with Joe was a great Joy, His motto Your Day Your Way! He did not come short in that motto. Any requests we had he was offering and willing. Joe and Jennifer exceeded every expectation we had. We enjoyed our reception didnt have to worry about anything but that! We can not thank them enough. If I could sum up OYR in a phrase. BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing is the only word to describe this venue. Food, value, service, staff. Joe, the mananger, his motto is your day, your way. And he goes above and beyond to make sure he stands by that.

• Wedding: 06/07/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Old York Road Country Club is the perfect venue for a spring weather. The ceremony is outside in a gorgeously designed garden which provides privacy for you and your guests from the rest of the country club atmosphere. Joe Wurtz and Jennifer Zurick were always so accommodating to all of my needs throughout the preparation process and on the wedding day itself. They were pros. The grounds are lush and green with many colorful flowers so you really don't even need to add too much in terms of purchasing flowers. Also, the chef did awesome things with our menu (such as personalizing our appetizers) and all of the meals were delicious and a huge portion size. This location is by-far the best bang for your buck.

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joe and Jennifer FAR exceeded our expectations for our ceremony and reception. The entire day was flawless! We had nothing to worry about except making sure we had a great time. Old York Road Country Club is an absolutely gorgeous venue with incredible rates. I would very highly recommend OYRCC to anyone looking for a ceremony and/or reception venue.

Also, the food is truly amazing!! We had tons of compliments from our guests!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved everything about working with Joe and the staff at Old York Road Country Club! They were extremely helpful to us as we planned our wedding. Our reception was fantastic and everyone had the best time. The grounds were beautiful and I cannot wait to see how awesome our pictures will be.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
215-643-0180
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards