Old Courthouse Museum

(4.1 / 5.0)
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The Old Courthouse Museum is a great place to get married! The acoustics are not the best (the room is all wood with high ceilings, can't expect miracles). The staff was great, they helped moved tables and I hardly ever saw them, but they were they were getting stuff done! They recently switched event coordinators, so I had to go through things twice so that was where the responsiveness went down. Flexibility was a 3.5 because they have a lot of rules a person wouldn't think about but ends up being a pain in the butt (ex. no Candles, no hanging things from the ceiling, no hanging things from the lights, no fog machines, no balloons). Other than that they were great! Your guests can view the exhibits all night if they want, which I thought was pretty neat if they needed a break from the dance. I would recommend them!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew from the get go that we wanted to get married in a historical location. We knew right away that the Old Courthouse Museum had to be it. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The people there are very accommodating and will meet with you whenver need be. They had the place set up perfectly the night before so there we no worries and everyone there made us feel less stressful. Such a beautiful, friendly, accommodating place. Great location.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Profile Picture
Alissa
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

It was a pleasure working with Tracy! She is very organized and made sure all details were in place for our wedding. She responded quickly to questions and requests, and we had no worries when it came to the actual day of the wedding. The museum was a beautiful location for the wedding, with a lot of natural elegance.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED having our wedding reception here!! We worked with Tracy from start to finish, who was great. Whenever I emailed her, she responded promptly, even if I had just one question. She was very knowledgable about the whole process. We were able to take beautiful pictures in the courtyard, all around the outside of the building, in the balcony, etc. The courtroom is so beautiful, we hardly needed any decorations. The perfect size, too. And a built-in dance floor!

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tracy at the Old Courthouse Museum was wonderful to work with. She made sure everything was ready to go for us on the day of our wedding. The Old Courthouse Museum was a beautiful place to hold the reception and needed very little decorating to make it magnificent!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

No one can argue with how beautiful the Old Courthouse Museum is and this is why we chose it for our wedding day. I met with Andrea a couple of times before our wedding. She was very cheerful and extremely accomodating. Although it is an expensive venue it's beauty and Andrea's professionalism convinced me to book it. Mistake. Andrea and a few of her staff members were very rude on our wedding day. It was nothing they said, it was their facial expressions and their actions that were odd and not professional at all. It was so noticable that all the groomsman and a few family friends made comments to either me or my parents. (Embarrassing to say the least!) Even the musician I had hired made comments to me! The next problem I had (which was addressed by my Mother) was that the upstairs woman's bathroom had run out of soap early in the evening. Andreas solution to the problem was to put a tacky sign on the door that informed guests the bathroom was out of order due to it being out of soap and they were advised to use an "out of the way" bathroom downstairs. After the problem was addressed her next solution was to put a huge bottle of Dawn dishsoap on the bathroom counter. For the price of the venue and the beauty of the building the service was an embarrassment to say the least.

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our wedding here because it was such a unique setting for our big day. We were able to have the wedding outdoors and our reception inside - the whole package in one! The staff members were very accommodating to our needs and wants. It is a little spendy, but it's such a unique building that the overall experience overcame the price. We were very pleased and had many of our guests comment how beautiful the building was.

• Wedding: 08/21/2010

Very Nice Loved it!

• Wedding: 06/28/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hosted our rehearsal dinner here. What an absolutely beautiful building with stunning rooms! We had such a great experience working with the coordinator - she was so flexible and willing to help make our event just what we wanted. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

• Wedding: 05/12/2007
605-367-4210
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.3