NOLA-FLORA

Flexibility
4.7
Recently Married
3.4

Nola Flora was recommended to us by another vendor, and they seemed to have good reviews so after meeting with Ashley, we decided to go with them. Everyone was very nice throughout the process, but there were some difficulties. Ashley met with us a few times, but my husband and I always felt like nothing got done after the meetings. She typed up the contract in a word document after we met and listed several flower types that she would use. We looked at some pictures while we were there but never got a sense of what the flowers would look like together. I did change my colors a couple of times but that was months in advance of the wedding. I sent her several emails of pictures of flower colors and arrangements that I liked, but she never incorporated the changes or responded to anything until the night before she needed me to finalize the contract. I had met with another florist before we had decided to go with Nola Flora and that florist had all types of flowers in her shop that she pulled together to show me what they looked like in person as well as pictures of arrangements which was very helpful. With Nola Flora, I was left Google-ing all the flowers she listed in my flower plan to see what everything looked like and some of the pictures I found weren't even the right flowers (clearly, I'm not a florist). I would call to check in during the process to make sure everything was ok with my ideas, but I never heard anything back until, like I said, right before the wedding. I will say that Ashley was willing to work with our budget and get the price down so that helped. They also delivered to my bridal prep, the church, and the reception which was very convenient. Unfortunately, I hated my bouquet and am so so sad about that. I had given her a very specific picture that I wanted replicated for my bouquet, but the one I got was hideous. I also HATED the boutonnieres and pin on corsages! They looked like funeral flowers, so disgusting. The arrangements turned out nice

Services Used: Flowers

Ashley at NOLA Flora was very professional. She always promptly returned phone calls and emails, had no problem with late changes, completed the order exactly like the photos I sent to her, and was reasonably priced. On the day of the wedding, the staff worked with me to set up the room beautifully.

Services Used: Flowers

Ashley and the Nola flora team went above and beyond my dreams for my wedding. I cannot say thank you enough!

NOLA-FLORA responded with the following comments:

We soo love creating florals for weddings and it is Even more Awesome to create them for someone that you Love!! I am so Thrilled that the Wedding Planner got to "let go" and enjoy her Special Day as a Beautiful Bride!!
You had the most perfect vision for your gorgeous venue. I am so happy that we were the ones that got to help you bring it life!!

2.8

I'll try to make this quick and to the point:

The arrangements we did receive were no doubt gorgeous. However, what we got was not what we paid for. We felt that NOLA Flora charged us for what we wanted, then gave us all possible substitutes. The bridesmaids' bouquets were ordered to be all pink peonies, and they came as mostly white with a few really pale pink peonies. The groomsmen's boutonnieres were ordered to be pink ranunculus, and came as pink roses. We understood that what we wanted might not be available on our date 2 weeks prior, but it felt odd that nothing we wanted was available. The bride's bouquet was ordered to be cascading, and came out not so much. At the church, we paid for 2 column rentals, which we didn't want in the first place and were not even there. At the reception, we paid for 3 sweetheart table arrangements, and only got 1 (with no reimbursement). At the last minute, we ended up needing to rent an acrylic column from them and surprisingly, we were charged $300 from NOLA Flora for 1 while the reception hall charged us $100 for 2 similar ones.

When we contacted NOLA Flora after the big day (about just half the things that disappointed us), we were given a rude response. NOLA Flora claimed that we were always in the wrong, stating how she discussed those things with us before the day. When in fact she did not because we would have talked about reimbursements, since we essentially got less than what we paid for. And she knew we were over the discussed budget. Eventually, she recredited the charge for the last-minute acrylic column rental, but never apologized for anything.

Furthermore, what others have said about responsiveness is true, it is not immediate. Once, I had to come in just for her to send me an email the next day. But their flexibility on a last-min change was superb, besides the surprising charge. I'd only recommend NOLA Flora if you've got the $ and don't need those rare flowers, otherwise, it's not worth it.

NOLA-FLORA responded with the following comments:

We strive to give couples the wedding day they’ve always imagined, so we’re disappointed when we hear that expectations were not met. We have received countless praise for our attention to detail and execution, and appreciate this opportunity to respond.

The only flower substitution made was the spray roses for the boutonnieres, as ranunculus was simply not available. Luckily, spray roses were an approved substitute by the bride and we were happy to accommodate. The bride’s bouquet was an exact match to the photo provided. The columns were removed due to ceremony site restrictions, and the client was not charged, which was explained.

The sweetheart table was originally a different size and thanks to a last minute complimentary site visit, we discovered the pre-planned arrangements would not fit, so we created one arrangement that equaled in value to the original set up.

The acrylic columns were a required addition when the venue deemed a last-minute structure created by the client as too unstable for our original floral design. Our fees would differ for the rental of on site columns, as we must build in labor and delivery fees.

The bride was texted photos of the florals as we set up and approved it the day of the event. Additionally, we checked in with the on site contact to make sure everything was approved prior to leaving. You can imagine our surprise to hear that we did not meet expectations, after being told everything was great. The following link will take you to one of our in house images that illustrates the set up- https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p2b5tq84goy5hs/Nola%20Flora.jpg.

The above issues were brought to our attention, and we responded with what we felt was a fair and generous solution. Unfortunately, this review by the bride’s sister was the surprising response.

We have had the honor of producing florals for hundreds of weddings over the last 10 years. We are happy to offer references to our clients if desired.

Services Used: Flowers

Wedding- Very easy to work with and beautiful results.

Recently Married

NOLA FLORA was a joy to work with. I was planning this wedding out of state and they accommodated my schedule when I'd fly in at unusual times to take care of wedding details. I really wanted a lot of color in our bouquets and wanted some creativity with succulents and pushing the envelope of coral and turquoise colors. They nailed it!

I loved how colorful the bouquets and two large arrangements and flower girl flower balls turned out, but I really loved the groomsmen boutonniere's where they used succulents. So creative!

I didn't have to worry about any of the details of when the flowers were arriving to the church or the hotel for the first look. NOLA FLORA is so experienced, they knew the venues and what to do.

Services Used: Flowers, Jewelry

Nola Flora was INCREDIBLE! My flowers were absolutely stunning, I could not have asked for better work.
The staff was so nice and easy to work with. They completely understood what I was looking for and took all of the favorites from my pictures and made a masterpiece! I'm in LOVE with everything they did!

1+ year ago

The ladies at NOLA FLORA were so great and the flowers at our wedding were all so gorgeous! Everything showed up on time and looked amazing. I am a little high maintenance and it was hard to get in touch with them sometimes through email but I know they are so busy. When we met in person they were extremely helpful and they were so patient with me and all of my changes and questions throughout the process!

1+ year ago

Amazing!!! They did an over the top job! =)

1+ year ago

The absolute best vendor I booked for my wedding! They did the most incredible job and working with them was easy and fun. I'd recommend them to any bride! Ashley read my mind and knew exactly what we wanted!

1+ year ago

Nola Flora created a beautiful event that went just as we had hoped! They are wonderful to work with and very professional. They do a lot of weddings in new orleans, so sometimes the communication is difficult via email. However, they always have the best products in the end! Thank you for our wonderful event!

3.0

nothing badto say but nothing spectacular either

Brook
12/08/2012

NOLA-FLORA did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding! Ashley was so easy-going, and her work is amazing. Everything was more beautiful than I ever imagined. The centerpieces and candles at the reception were just stunning! And I SO loved my bridal bouquet!!! Really, I think I loved everything :)

Services Used: Flowers

I contacted NOLA FLORA at the very last minute regarding personal flowers for my wedding. As I was not doing any decoration or centerpieces, I didn't make flowers a priority, but in spite of my last minute request, Ashley and her colleagues were able to work with me to get everything I needed. My bouquet, bouts and corsages were beautiful and perfectly matched the vision I had in my head. My bouquet in particular was so rich, deep and beautiful, and I love the way it pops in all my pictures. My photographer was super excited when she heard I was working with NOLA FLORA, which should tell you something about the quality of their work! Communication with them was great and they delivered the flowers right on time to my hotel suite. I'm so pleased my coordinator recommended them.

Services Used: Flowers

The flowers at our wedding were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I envisioned. Ashley was a complete joy to work with and alleviated my fears of being an out-of-town bride. My bridesmaids had different color dresses and Ashley had me email her photographs of their dresses along with floral arrangements that I liked. Ashley and the Nola-Flora staff were able to create bouquets and arrangements that complimented the rich hues that each of my bridesmaids wore, and my bouquet was stunning! Any changes or extras that I wanted to add were never an issue. I can't begin to thank Nola-Flora for making this bride's day a dream come true.

Services Used: Flowers

Angela Darrah with Nola Flora created a gorgeous arch, beautiful bouquets and lovely centerpieces for our October 2012 wedding at the Audubon Clubhouse - everything looked perfect! After Angela & Nola Flora did florals for my sister's wedding in April 2012, I was confident & so happy that we went with them, too. From the first appointment with Angela, I knew that we would be in good hands. She is so easy-going and was the coolest, kindest, most patient & genuinely enthusiastic about planning with us - love her! She has an incredible talent to create exactly what you are looking for. I brought in some photos & colors, used descriptions such as "elegant", "romantic", "natural", "simple", "freshly picked", "organic" ... and she just got it. Often times she was finishing my sentences! Doing 2 weddings for 2 sisters in one family - in the same year - could be seen as challenging, but Angela embraced our different tastes and made our weddings uniquely fit our own style. She was also very supportive in the choices and made wonderful suggestions and alternatives, especially if I changed my mind on a detail. Visiting the Nola Flora boutique on Magazine Street is a sweet trip - their store is super cute and the staff is friendly; I got to chat with Ashley some when I was there, too - just the whole vibe is fun & easy-going. Their time, energy & talent is impressive and I would highly recommend working with them because they are extremely reliable, communicative, they know flowers!, and they will work hard to create the look & feel that you prefer. The investment is worth it! Angela & Nola Flora helped make our wedding day be the most beautiful, romantic, and special one that we wanted it to be. And for that, we are forever grateful!