New York City Swing

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

All I can say about NYC Swing is WOW! When my husband and I started looking at vendors, we decided we cared the most about the quality of the band. The number one question leaving the wedding (literally asked by EVERYONE!) was--WHERE did you find that band?! People were up and dancing the entire night. They played hit after hit, and mixed up the songs based on how the crowd was feeling. Dore and Tim were great to work with leading up to the big day, and then there was ROZ--the most entertaining, talented singer I've ever seen up close. She worked that crowd like crazy! You know you've just had the best night of your life when, after the last song, the entire crowd comes into the center of the dance floor for a gigantic, loving, pumped up group hug. Thanks NYC Swing!

Services Used: Band

New York City Swing's performance was the absolute highlight of my June 2015 wedding. I can't count how many times I heard, "Best. Band. Ever."

When we went to NYC Swing's showcase, we knew they were the right choice as soon as one of the lead singers stood on top of the audience's chairs and belted out R-E-S-P-E-C-T. We knew they could handle a rowdy crowd! And boy did they! They had our guests dancing all night long. They knew exactly how to engage the crowd and keep guests of all generations glued to the dance floor. They have the ability to play off of each other and improvise, which is absolutely priceless.

I would recommend NYC Swing to anyone without reservations. I only hope I can be invited to the party!

Ari
1 Review
05/31/2015

Almost a month after our wedding, our guests are still talking about our band at our wedding. NY Swing was so easy to work with and did a great job, that i would recommend them to anyone. Dore was easy to work with, and even though we had some issues that came up, we worked around them to make our day the special event it turned out to be. You can't go wrong with NY Swing, and I would give them a score higher than a 5 if I could.

Private User
Recently Married

For our wedding, we had a 7 piece band, led by Dore. Dory was incredible. He met with us several weeks before the wedding, was so easy to work with and open to all requests. NYC Swing used our song list – but also read the crowd superbly, and adapted to keep the dancing going. Starting with the keyboard/trumpet duo during cocktail hour, to the five-hour reception, where the dance floor was crowded all night long. NYC Swing has an extensive repertoire – and also learned several of our special songs. Through the evening, our guests continually remarked on how amazing they thought the band was.

Services Used: Band

We could not have been happier with NYC Swing. From the moment we first heard them at their showcase, we loved them. We worked with Dore to figure out which musicians we wanted, and he was always helpful and enthusiastic throughout the process. We then worked with Tim who helped us choose our music. He was very patient and helpful with suggestions of what works and what doesn't, in order to keep our party dancing the whole time. Throughout our entire wedding, our guests were coming up to us to tell us how much they loved the band. Their energy was off the charts, and they played every song we wanted them to play. They interacted with our guests and made sure everyone was up and having a great time. We had a few unknown songs we wanted played, and they learned all of them perfectly. We couldn't have been happier and would highly recommend NYC Swing to anyone looking for a fun, energetic band who will keep your guests dancing the whole time!

Services Used: Band

NYC Swing had played at a wedding my husband and I attended and we knew from that day that we wanted them to play at our wedding. We worked closely with Dore and Tim, they were both extremely helpful and responsive. Tim was a huge help in organizing the music being played and they worked around what the crowd wanted. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire time! We choose an unconventional first dance song, the band learned the song and was able to slow it down. It came out perfect! We are still getting compliments on the high energy, versatility and the show that NYC Swing put on at our wedding! Highly recommended!

Services Used: Band

Absolutely the best band out there!!! They made our wedding reception so special. The quality of professionalism and musicians simply cannot be matched. They were amazing. So many of our guests are still talking about how wonderful they were. Dore, the owner, is very easy to work with and accommodating. He is a seasoned professional who makes sure everything is done just right. The entire band and singers are at the top of their game - amazing sound and energy. USE THEM - they are worth every penny!!

Services Used: Band

OMG!! New York City Swing made the whole wedding!! I can't tell you how many guest came up to me and told me my band was fantastic! (my wedding was months ago and people are still talking about the band). I have also received inquiries after the wedding for people that want to use New York City Swing. We are recommending them to everyone. Honestly, looking back I would book them first before securing my wedding location - just to make sure they are free. They are that good! Not only fantastic musicians but amazing entertainers! And completely professional. I can't wait to go to another event that they perform. They are worth every penny and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Services Used: Band

RIDICULOUS! Absolutely amazing! New York City Swing was everything that we had envisioned - AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!! We got married on Saturday May 24th at Old Westbury Hebrew Congregation. All of our guests are still talking about how amazing, interactive and "over the top" New York City Swing was! They had the dance floor packed the entire night. Dory and Tim were great to work with - organized, responsive, and truly professional. They know exactly what it takes to keep the dance floor packed and guests bouncing around - there is absolutely no need to give them song suggestions or any guidance. Roz was able to get every sing person in the room on the dance floor with her energy and charm! Bigz is truly spectacular and will leave your guests absolutely blown away. We would recommend New York City Swing to anyone and everyone who is interested in having the best band in NY at their wedding.

Melissa
01/03/2014

Wish we could give 6 STARS!!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!! We got married on January 3rd at Tribeca Rooftop and could not have had a better band!!!! All of our guests are still talking about how amazing they were...and so interactive! People did not leave the dance floor at our wedding. We absolutely LOVED them and they were all a pleasure to work with. Dory and Tim are wonderful, so organized and trust their expertise because they suggested songs for different parts of the wedding that were PERFECT. We went to one live performance by them and fell in love, booked them immediately without even seeing any other bands...that is how awesome they are. We give them an A+++ for making our wedding so much fun and we would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for the best band in NYC!

Services Used: Band

We used Uptown Swing (a band that is part of New York City Swing) for our wedding and they were amazing! I received so many compliments from our guests...everyone loved the band! They offer the best variety of songs, artists, and genres. Their music style appeals to all wedding guests, no matter what age. We talked to the band director 2 weeks before the wedding, and he asked us lots of questions about the type of music we’d like to hear and what our guests would like to hear. He understood immediately the “vibe” we were going for with our wedding reception, and did not fail to deliver! Definitely hire New York City Swing/Uptown Swing for an amazing wedding band that you’ll remember forever and your guests will continue to talk about!

Services Used: Band

My husband and I were very happy with NYC Swing! We got so many complements about the music -- everyone really loved the band and the dance floor looked packed all night long. More importantly than that, my husband and I had a great time all night. The music was exactly what we wanted - and the band kept up a great beat and energy all night. We highly recommend!

Services Used: Band

What an amazing job New York City Swing did at our wedding. We are still hearing from guests that it was the best wedding band they'd ever seen. They were the highlight of the party, from the beautiful ceremony music, to the jazzy cocktail hour, to the fantastic reception -- the dance floor was packed all night! Guests were coming up to us and saying it was like being at a wedding AND a concert at the same time!

The musicianship and professionalism of all the performers are top notch. Owner Dore and musical director Tim were great to work with and made the planning process easy. They followed all of our requests perfectly and even learned a few songs specifically for our event. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you New York City Swing!

Jamie G.
2+ years ago

Dore and Tim and the team at NYC Swing is the best! We booked them right away after seeing them perform at a friends wedding. It was the simplest decision we made during the wedding process. We chose a very obscure song for our first dance and the band learned the song in the exact way that we had wanted it played. Tim came to our apartment before the wedding and sat down with us to figure out what songs we wanted played at different points of the wedding. Once we met with him we felt so relaxed - the wedding had become so real! They helped us figure out the best configuration of pieces for the band within our budget and when the day of the wedding came, the blew everyone away. The venue had a stage which made it difficult for the band to interact with the guests but they made a point to come down to the dance floor and party with us. The energy was amazing the whole night and they truly knew what songs worked with the crowd. I had a whole list of songs that I wanted played and they did their best to play the favorites. I learned that the band knew better than me - so just let them do their thing - it will be amazing if you do! You will no be disappointed with this rocking band!!!

Services Used: Band

This band is the absolute best. They will keep your guests dancing the entire night. I know today most people use a DJ but there is nothing like an excellent band to add that special flavor to your celebration. My guests were blown away by the music, the floor was always packed. Those that were not dancers were equally entertained by the showmanship of the musicians. This is a top ten band, if your looking for a band don't look anywhere else.

Private User
1 Review
2+ years ago

We had a wonderful experience with NYC Swing. The band was very accommodating in letting us pick out which members we wanted from their two main bands, based on who we were most excited about at their promotional events. Tim, our band leader, was extremely helpful as we planned out our ceremony music and the flow of the event. And most importantly, at the wedding itself, the band really brought the house down. Roz and Gideon were out in the crowd dancing and engaging with guests, which made the party incredibly lively. Literally dozens of our guests told us afterward that NYC Swing was by far the best wedding band they've ever seen. I would highly highly recommend them!