Nellie's Catering

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We used Nellie's for our April wedding at Phillippi Mansion and they were a dream to work with right from the start. Fredda is the most organized, detail oriented person and I don't think I would have been able to plan my wedding without her! She went through every minute of the wedding and thought of things that I never would have remembered.

The food was awesome and the service was spot on. They even had food and drinks waiting for us after the ceremony so we wouldn't miss all of cocktail hour! If anything went wrong, I didn't know about it and that speaks volumes for this awesome team. Mary Kay was our Catering Manager and I couldn't have been happier with her. She is AMAZING at her job and I am so lucky that we got to work with her!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

Thanks to Fredda and her wonderful support staff my daughter had the wedding of her dreams. Fredda is so knowledgeable and professional but manages to make you feel like family. Her staff work together really well and everything looked so easy. Her husband is the chef and the food was amazing. If I hadn't known better I would have sworn the food was prepared on the premises and not transported from Sarasota to Bradenton. If you want a high class service at a very reasonable price you could not do better than Nellie's.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

We used Nellie's catering for our beach wedding at the Tortuga Resort. If you are looking for a wonderful catering team and experience, look no more! We live 2.5 hours away so coordinating appointments for all of our vendors was a challenge. Nellie's owner, Fredda, and our catering manager, Mary Kay, made this more than easy. Fredda handled our first phone appointments; she was so thorough and helpful that we felt like we had everything planned months and months in advance! She gave us great ideas and advice when we needed it.

We met Mary Kay at our on site appointment and knew we were meant to be! She was energetic, fun, smart, and extremely laid back - more than we could have hoped for. We knew that when she said she would "make it work," she meant it. And did she ever! Her team rocked our wedding. With the onset of monsoon rains and 30 mile-an-hour winds, it seemed like her team didn't blink an eye. I can't imagine how challenging it must have been to set up, coordinate, feed and supply alcohol to 75 people during these conditions, but she made it look like a cake walk.

The food was delicious!! Even we were impressed by how good it was, and our guests commented on how much they enjoyed it. The bartender was everyone's favorite person :) When our guests would walk up to get a drink, she knew what they were drinking and had it ready before they got there.

Nellie's catering team is outstanding, especially manager Mary Kay. HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY!!! RECOMMEND!

Services Used: Catering

My daughter got married at Mote Marine on March 7, 2015 and had Nellies as her caterer. We had a wonderful experience with everyone there. The food was amazing!! Everyone raved about everything. They helped us plan every single step of the wedding. They even provided help by loaning us some of the centerpieces. They have a prop room with items to pick from. Lots of complimentary things to use. Fredda helped us plan every single minute of my daughters wonderful day. Everyone attending said it was the best wedding!! Would recommend them in a heartbeat!!

Services Used: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Nellie's did a fabulous job with our wedding and they really know their stuff! They helped us every step of the way and even provided us with a day of coordinator to help with rehearsal and on the day of the wedding of course! They are an amazing value for the price and provide delicious food and help with any and everything that you need! ALL of their staff members are great!

Services Used: Catering

Nellies was amazing from start to finish. They provide more than just food, they help in planning every step of the way. Planning a wedding can be overwhelming but Nellies provides a plan with goals and timelines and takes so much pressure off. Their prop room saved me a ton in added decorations and their staff are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

They won't be the least expensive option out there at first glance but the value they provide in borrowing decor items, planning services, and an added day of coordinator makes them hands down the best there is.

They take care of everything the day of from setup to breakdown and it makes it so you are able to relax and enjoy the day

I recommend them to everyone I know.

Services Used: Catering

From the moment I met with the owner of Nellie's Catering, Fredda Pohl, I/We were treated like Royalty. Fredda spent so much time with me over my 9 month time-frame, not only making sure that she knew what we wanted for our special day but also to give me suggestions and ideas that would help make things perfect. We were also blessed with having Cheryl as our Catering Manager. I first met Cheryl the day I picked her up from Nellie's to take her to see our venue. Cheryl spent hours with me, listening to my ideas and giving me her suggestions. I felt like I had just spent the day with a very good friend. Fredda and Cheryl never made me feel like I was calling, emailing, or changing things too much. Actually the opposite, they always made me feel like I was their only concern. We were also lucky enough to have Susan as our "Day of" Coordinator. Susan was not only professional, but she was able to corral our family into doing what needed to be done. Everything went so smoothly thanks to her. On the day of our wedding, Cheryl and our event staff came several hours early to help set up everything. Now I don't mean just putting on some table cloths and arranging tables and chairs. They did everything for me, from placing the table cloths and overlays on the tables, to setting the tables with our antique china and glass water pitchers to the rented silverware and glasses. Plus they decorated the tables with all of my centerpieces and many candleholders and bud vases. Then they decorated our dessert table with all of the desserts that they placed on my dessert trays along with candles and flowers. Everything looked AMAZING, and I could not have done all of this without them. They were wonderful ! And the food was the BEST that I have ever had at an event. We received so many wonderful compliments on the food and on the incredible service that Cheryl and her staff gave everyone. Choosing Nellie's was the BEST decision that we made when planning our incredible wedding !!!!!

Services Used: Catering

The staff at Nellie's Catering, especially Stephanie Goldsby, our catering manager, really came through in a big way in creating the perfect wedding event for us. Due to unforeseen circumstances, our original catering manager was unavailable for our event two weeks before our big day. However, thanks to the professionalism of Nellie's staff, a team effort ensued headed by Stephanie Goldsby who worked tirelessly to make sure that EVERY tiny detail (and then some!) was attended to and taken care of seamlessly. Our guests raved about the quality of the food that Nellie's prepared and about the elegance in which our venue was decorated. I highly recommend Nellie's Catering for not only a wedding event, but any event where the highest standard of service is required. Thank you, Nellie's, for everything!

Profile Picture
Heather
11/06/2014

From our first meeting with Fredda, the owner of Nellie’s, we knew that Nellie’s catering was the one. She immediately made us feel like the most important couple she was working with. The food was delicious and they were well priced too. Once we signed on the entire planning process was laid out and we were given the freedom to move through it as slowly or as quickly as we’d like. Since we picked a venue where all the planning was left to us it was great to have Nellie’s guide us the entire time. Our catering manager Cheryl was efficient, friendly and always prompt in her responses to emails and phone calls. Everytime we met with Fredda or Cheryl they were well prepared, able to answer any questions and calm any concerns. I loved that thru the entire experience Fredda kept reminding us this is our story to tell. I think you need that because you tend to get caught up in the details and sometimes lose focus on what this is all about. The wedding coordinator Susan was great! It isn’t easy organizing my family but she did it with grace and ease. Having her there to run the show eased the stress of the both the rehearsal and the big day. At the reception, all of our guests raved about the delicious food, the superior organization and how smoothly the evening went! Even my mom, who usually only eats food she makes, said how tasty all the food was-she stuffed herself full! When I got my security deposit back from the venue, the very particular venue manager told me that Nellie’s did an excellent clean up job and she was very pleased. They are truly a full service catering company but also more-they are family! Cheryl was there before I walked down the aisle to tell me I looked beautiful and give me a reassuring smile. Fredda stopped by later in the night to see how the things were going and ended up helping us with the cake cutting. Little touches like these make you see just how much the staff truly cares about you and want this to be the most magical day of your life!

Profile Picture
Alicia
10/04/2014

When we first started planning, our wedding venue (Marie Selby Gardens) had recommended Nellie's Catering to us. We did not hire a planner and we don't have any family in Sarasota, so it was a blessing to work with Fredda Pohl right from the start. She guided us throughout the entire planning process and frequently stayed late to meet with us after hours due to our work schedules. We had several tastings (all complimentary and wonderful by the way!) and Nellie's customized our catering package to work within our budget. We had an open bar which was so much more affordable than any other caterer. The food was AMAZING-- several people told us it was the best "wedding meal" they've ever had! Also, our guests were very complimentary of the service at the wedding, which was super important to us. Nellie's is the best in town and it will be the best decision any bride and groom can make! Our Catering Manager was Cheryl and she was wonderful! Always quick to respond to e-mails/calls and gave wonderful advice. We moved our reception indoors 1 week prior to the wedding day, yet Cheryl still made everything perfect! She turned our visions into a reality and our wedding was a dream come true as a result :) We also used Nellie's for our Rehearsal Dinner, as they provided their restaurant for a private venue at no extra cost (huge perk)! Our Rehearsal Catering Manager was MaryKay and she was awesome! She had great ideas and created the most beautiful and intimate rehearsal dinner. We had an Italian theme and the food was OUTSTANDING! We cannot thank MK enough for making our Rehearsal Dinner so special. Brie at Nellie’s was also very helpful and rocked our wedding bar! We would recommend Nellie's Catering to any future couple because they are so much more than a caterer. Truly Five Star! Thank you to the entire Nellie's team for everything! Our wedding weekend was perfect because of all of you. Xox Alicia & Justin

Services Used: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Being an event planner myself, I had to choose a caterer that provided a complete package. Fredda Pohl & the Nellie's Catering Staff handled my daughter's wedding with professionalism and creativity. Nellie's planned every detail, and documented every change that occurs in the process of planning your event. At the end of our meetings, we were given a printed detailed agenda, that the Nellie’s Wedding Coordinator brought to the rehearsal, and reviewed it with the wedding party so that that everyone was on the same page. EVERYONE knew what to expect the day of the wedding. The agenda assured us that the events of the ceremony and reception fit together seamlessly. Having a wedding coordinator is PRICELESS!I LOVE Nellie's prop room! Nellie's props are offered complimentary, AND Nellie’s will work with your florist to create the centerpieces or let you DIY. The catering managers are dedicated to making sure that every item that is needed for the reception, is collected, inventoried and delivered without a hitch. (Thanks MK) Nellie's coordinates with the rental companies, making sure that the proper number is given for each item rented...from chairs to chargers, teaspoons and tablecloths, they calculate each item and make changes as your guest count increases or wanes. Every member of the team works hard to make sure you feel like the special guest, at the reception you are throwing for YOUR GUESTS. (Thanks to Cheryl, Judy, Ali, Jared, Olga and….)
Nellie's created a customized menu to meet our exact needs. Because Nellie's took such good care of us, we were able to enjoy our guests and not carry the burden of making sure everything was accomplished. Nellie's made our wedding day dreams become a reality...on OUR BUDGET!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

For someone who unfortunately didn't have her mother to help her plan her wedding, Nellie's provided the love, security and service that all brides want. I can start off by saying that they are the most flexible company I have ever worked with. For our first meeting, we met with Fredda Pohl. She was kind enough to meet with us after hours since we were only in town that weekend. My husband and I live in Tallahassee but we are both from Sarasota. We were 30 minutes late for our appointment due to horrible traffic and she still was so kind enough to meet us. We talked and talked about everything that she could make happen and even gave me ideas for ways to incorporate both my mom and grandma who passed away last year. I was so indecisive about everything but she reassured me that would take care of everything. From there we decided that they would be the company to cater our wedding. . My husband and I are huge procrastinators so a lot of things were done last minute but they were there for us the whole way. They helped me figure out how to decorate everywhere with a few DIY projects and a lot of props that they have in stock. They understood my vision when I didn't. We also had a ceremony coordinator. I only met her the day before the wedding but she we were sure that everything would run smoothly and that we didnt have to worry about having every little detail in mind. Our wedding day was so carefree and wonderful. Everything was decorated beautifully and exactly the way I had planned it. The food was incredible and everyone was talking about it afterwards. Nellie's was able to make a special sauce that was a staple of my mom's cooking and they replicated it to a T. My whole family was reminded of my mom that night. I would recommend Nellie's deli above any other catering service in the Sarasota area. We met with a few vendors that didn't even give us as many options and choices as Nellie's Catering did. And for that I thank them with all of my heart and soul!

Services Used: Catering

Frieda and Brie were wonderful, so much more than just a caterer. They helped us plan the whole day, and enabled us to see holes in our schedule. Their suggestions were wonderful and helpful.
It was a beautiful day for our family and they were an integral part of its success.

Services Used: Catering

I was amazed at how wonderful and accommodating the Nellie's Deli Catering crew was with me and my husband while planning our wedding. From the first day we stepped foot into their office, they were not only super warm and friendly to get to know us, but also very organized and professional while reassuring us that they would not only cater the wedding, but also help us plan every detail, leading into the wedding day.
I couldn't believe how well they kept their word. It clearly wasn't their first rodeo and they made sure to guide us with monthly meetings, where we would communicate the progress of our wedding planning, along with collecting new ideas that would come along the way. After only a few meetings with Fredda (the owner of Nellie's), she had matched me up with one of her team members named Brie, who would be working directly with me for any further planning.
Brie was a delight to work with. During our meetings we were able to knock out some of the important decisions as far as the dinner menu and music arrangements, and also managed to resolve some of the smaller ones too, such as the decorations.
The decorations actually became a huge bonus once working with Nellie's, because of their large variety of vases, marbles, fake flowers, and candle holders, that were all complimentary and stored in the prop room. This alone helped us budget the cost in certain areas, while still giving our wedding the glamorous look it deserved.
When the wedding day came, Fredda, Brie and the whole Nellie's crew were there hours early to set up, an hours after to close it all down. They were so kind to my husband and I, along with all our guests. Not only were they happy to be there but truly focused on executing the night just as we planned in the upcoming months before then. I truly felt as if our wedding couldn't have gone more right. Nellie's Deli is an AMAZING team and I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

We used Nellies to cater our Sunday brunch for traveling guests. They were professional and delivered a nice brunch. We would recommend the omlette station which was a hit with our guests. They are highly recommended for delivering a simple and chic brunch.

Services Used: Catering

Nellie’s was all that we ever could have asked for and MORE in a catering company! We had some bumps along the way, but Nellie’s was always ready to amend any issues that came to light. Let me just say that I am not the most easy-going or easily pleased girl around, so for them for surpass my expectations says a lot about the quality of service they offer.

Constant emails, phone calls and meetings prior to our big day ensured that everyone involved was on the same page at all times. Our Catering Manager, Cheryl, did a fabulous job of staying in touch and keeping in contact with me to make sure things were on the right track. Fredda, the owner, also played a tremendously helpful role in guaranteeing our day was a success. Everyone we worked with was wonderful and always there to lend a helping hand if we needed anything. We had a wedding planner and Nellie’s was also great about working with our other vendors to ensure things functioned properly. If you are looking for a prepared, experienced and detail-oriented catering company…Nellie’s is your answer without a doubt.

Aside from service, the food was absolutely magnificent! All our guests were raving about how delicious the food was at our wedding, and this was all thanks to Nellie’s and their extraordinary team. They offer a wide variety of options so that you can make the day all your own, right down to the appetizers. We did stations with a variety of tacos, hamburger sliders, a hummus display and many other tasty options. I can assure you….everything was utterly mouthwatering…even the crab cakes…and I don’t even like crab! Their team made sure my husband, and I both ate, and we were greeted with cocktails right after the ceremony! Seriously, what more could you ask for?!?!?

I genuinely can’t say enough…Nellie’s is absolutely the way to go…we are so over joyed that we chose them to cater our wedding….and you will be too.

Brian & Andrea Wilcome xoxoxoxo