Nellie's Catering

Nellie's Catering

Serving Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice and Surrounding areas

15 South Beneva Road
Sarasota, FL 34232 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 90
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From our first meeting with Fredda, the owner of Nellie’s, we knew that Nellie’s catering was the one. She immediately made us feel like the most important couple she was working with. The food was delicious and they were well priced too. Once we signed on the entire planning process was laid out and we were given the freedom to move through it as slowly or as quickly as we’d like. Since we picked a venue where all the planning was left to us it was great to have Nellie’s guide us the entire time. Our catering manager Cheryl was efficient, friendly and always prompt in her responses to emails and phone calls. Everytime we met with Fredda or Cheryl they were well prepared, able to answer any questions and calm any concerns. I loved that thru the entire experience Fredda kept reminding us this is our story to tell. I think you need that because you tend to get caught up in the details and sometimes lose focus on what this is all about. The wedding coordinator Susan was great! It isn’t easy organizing my family but she did it with grace and ease. Having her there to run the show eased the stress of the both the rehearsal and the big day. At the reception, all of our guests raved about the delicious food, the superior organization and how smoothly the evening went! Even my mom, who usually only eats food she makes, said how tasty all the food was-she stuffed herself full! When I got my security deposit back from the venue, the very particular venue manager told me that Nellie’s did an excellent clean up job and she was very pleased. They are truly a full service catering company but also more-they are family! Cheryl was there before I walked down the aisle to tell me I looked beautiful and give me a reassuring smile. Fredda stopped by later in the night to see how the things were going and ended up helping us with the cake cutting. Little touches like these make you see just how much the staff truly cares about you and want this to be the most magical day of your life!

• Wedding: 11/06/2014
Heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we first started planning, our wedding venue (Marie Selby Gardens) had recommended Nellie's Catering to us. We did not hire a planner and we don't have any family in Sarasota, so it was a blessing to work with Fredda Pohl right from the start. She guided us throughout the entire planning process and frequently stayed late to meet with us after hours due to our work schedules. We had several tastings (all complimentary and wonderful by the way!) and Nellie's customized our catering package to work within our budget. We had an open bar which was so much more affordable than any other caterer. The food was AMAZING-- several people told us it was the best "wedding meal" they've ever had! Also, our guests were very complimentary of the service at the wedding, which was super important to us. Nellie's is the best in town and it will be the best decision any bride and groom can make! Our Catering Manager was Cheryl and she was wonderful! Always quick to respond to e-mails/calls and gave wonderful advice. We moved our reception indoors 1 week prior to the wedding day, yet Cheryl still made everything perfect! She turned our visions into a reality and our wedding was a dream come true as a result :) We also used Nellie's for our Rehearsal Dinner, as they provided their restaurant for a private venue at no extra cost (huge perk)! Our Rehearsal Catering Manager was MaryKay and she was awesome! She had great ideas and created the most beautiful and intimate rehearsal dinner. We had an Italian theme and the food was OUTSTANDING! We cannot thank MK enough for making our Rehearsal Dinner so special. Brie at Nellie’s was also very helpful and rocked our wedding bar! We would recommend Nellie's Catering to any future couple because they are so much more than a caterer. Truly Five Star! Thank you to the entire Nellie's team for everything! Our wedding weekend was perfect because of all of you. Xox Alicia & Justin

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Alicia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Being an event planner myself, I had to choose a caterer that provided a complete package. Fredda Pohl & the Nellie's Catering Staff handled my daughter's wedding with professionalism and creativity. Nellie's planned every detail, and documented every change that occurs in the process of planning your event. At the end of our meetings, we were given a printed detailed agenda, that the Nellie’s Wedding Coordinator brought to the rehearsal, and reviewed it with the wedding party so that that everyone was on the same page. EVERYONE knew what to expect the day of the wedding. The agenda assured us that the events of the ceremony and reception fit together seamlessly. Having a wedding coordinator is PRICELESS! I LOVE Nellie's prop room! Nellie's props are offered complimentary, AND Nellie’s will work with your florist to create the centerpieces or let you DIY. The catering managers are dedicated to making sure that every item that is needed for the reception, is collected, inventoried and delivered without a hitch. (Thanks MK) Nellie's coordinates with the rental companies, making sure that the proper number is given for each item rented...from chairs to chargers, teaspoons and tablecloths, they calculate each item and make changes as your guest count increases or wanes. Every member of the team works hard to make sure you feel like the special guest, at the reception you are throwing for YOUR GUESTS. (Thanks to Cheryl, Judy, Ali, Jared, Olga and….)
Nellie's created a customized menu to meet our exact needs. Because Nellie's took such good care of us, we were able to enjoy our guests and not carry the burden of making sure everything was accomplished. Nellie's made our wedding day dreams become a reality...on OUR BUDGET!!!

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For someone who unfortunately didn't have her mother to help her plan her wedding, Nellie's provided the love, security and service that all brides want. I can start off by saying that they are the most flexible company I have ever worked with. For our first meeting, we met with Fredda Pohl. She was kind enough to meet with us after hours since we were only in town that weekend. My husband and I live in Tallahassee but we are both from Sarasota. We were 30 minutes late for our appointment due to horrible traffic and she still was so kind enough to meet us. We talked and talked about everything that she could make happen and even gave me ideas for ways to incorporate both my mom and grandma who passed away last year. I was so indecisive about everything but she reassured me that would take care of everything. From there we decided that they would be the company to cater our wedding. . My husband and I are huge procrastinators so a lot of things were done last minute but they were there for us the whole way. They helped me figure out how to decorate everywhere with a few DIY projects and a lot of props that they have in stock. They understood my vision when I didn't. We also had a ceremony coordinator. I only met her the day before the wedding but she we were sure that everything would run smoothly and that we didnt have to worry about having every little detail in mind. Our wedding day was so carefree and wonderful. Everything was decorated beautifully and exactly the way I had planned it. The food was incredible and everyone was talking about it afterwards. Nellie's was able to make a special sauce that was a staple of my mom's cooking and they replicated it to a T. My whole family was reminded of my mom that night. I would recommend Nellie's deli above any other catering service in the Sarasota area. We met with a few vendors that didn't even give us as many options and choices as Nellie's Catering did. And for that I thank them with all of my heart and soul!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Frieda and Brie were wonderful, so much more than just a caterer. They helped us plan the whole day, and enabled us to see holes in our schedule. Their suggestions were wonderful and helpful.
It was a beautiful day for our family and they were an integral part of its success.

• Wedding: 04/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was amazed at how wonderful and accommodating the Nellie's Deli Catering crew was with me and my husband while planning our wedding. From the first day we stepped foot into their office, they were not only super warm and friendly to get to know us, but also very organized and professional while reassuring us that they would not only cater the wedding, but also help us plan every detail, leading into the wedding day.
I couldn't believe how well they kept their word. It clearly wasn't their first rodeo and they made sure to guide us with monthly meetings, where we would communicate the progress of our wedding planning, along with collecting new ideas that would come along the way. After only a few meetings with Fredda (the owner of Nellie's), she had matched me up with one of her team members named Brie, who would be working directly with me for any further planning.
Brie was a delight to work with. During our meetings we were able to knock out some of the important decisions as far as the dinner menu and music arrangements, and also managed to resolve some of the smaller ones too, such as the decorations.
The decorations actually became a huge bonus once working with Nellie's, because of their large variety of vases, marbles, fake flowers, and candle holders, that were all complimentary and stored in the prop room. This alone helped us budget the cost in certain areas, while still giving our wedding the glamorous look it deserved.
When the wedding day came, Fredda, Brie and the whole Nellie's crew were there hours early to set up, an hours after to close it all down. They were so kind to my husband and I, along with all our guests. Not only were they happy to be there but truly focused on executing the night just as we planned in the upcoming months before then. I truly felt as if our wedding couldn't have gone more right. Nellie's Deli is an AMAZING team and I would highly recommend them to everyone!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Nellies to cater our Sunday brunch for traveling guests. They were professional and delivered a nice brunch. We would recommend the omlette station which was a hit with our guests. They are highly recommended for delivering a simple and chic brunch.

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nellie’s was all that we ever could have asked for and MORE in a catering company! We had some bumps along the way, but Nellie’s was always ready to amend any issues that came to light. Let me just say that I am not the most easy-going or easily pleased girl around, so for them for surpass my expectations says a lot about the quality of service they offer.

Constant emails, phone calls and meetings prior to our big day ensured that everyone involved was on the same page at all times. Our Catering Manager, Cheryl, did a fabulous job of staying in touch and keeping in contact with me to make sure things were on the right track. Fredda, the owner, also played a tremendously helpful role in guaranteeing our day was a success. Everyone we worked with was wonderful and always there to lend a helping hand if we needed anything. We had a wedding planner and Nellie’s was also great about working with our other vendors to ensure things functioned properly. If you are looking for a prepared, experienced and detail-oriented catering company…Nellie’s is your answer without a doubt.

Aside from service, the food was absolutely magnificent! All our guests were raving about how delicious the food was at our wedding, and this was all thanks to Nellie’s and their extraordinary team. They offer a wide variety of options so that you can make the day all your own, right down to the appetizers. We did stations with a variety of tacos, hamburger sliders, a hummus display and many other tasty options. I can assure you….everything was utterly mouthwatering…even the crab cakes…and I don’t even like crab! Their team made sure my husband, and I both ate, and we were greeted with cocktails right after the ceremony! Seriously, what more could you ask for?!?!?

I genuinely can’t say enough…Nellie’s is absolutely the way to go…we are so over joyed that we chose them to cater our wedding….and you will be too.

Brian & Andrea Wilcome xoxoxoxo

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very well organized and professional, we had to make some last minute changes because of bad weather for our wedding ceremony and reception, Brie and her crew took control made everything that could have been a disaster into a wonderful day. I cannot rave enough on how great the food was everyone complimented how wonderful it was. I would highly recommend Nellie's to everyone, we will be regulars at their deli as well for sure we felt like we just added to our friendship list. Thank you so much for making our wedding a success.

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
Joe and Jill
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nellies was the best decision that I made for my wedding by far! I would have been so disorganized without them. I was looking for a "day of" wedding planner and I realized that they were all very expensive so during my search I came across Nellies as a catering option and realized that they do free wedding planning with catering! I went to meet them and I was really impressed with their catering center, how nice and accommodating they were, and I also loved how they have a prop room where you can borrow things for your wedding decorations ( they have glass beads, sand, votives, so many glass vases in various shapes and sizes, lanterns, drink tubs, everything you can imagine- to borrow!). I knew they were the right fit for me. My catering manager was Cheryl and she was amazing! She had a photographic memory and remembered all the little things even i forgot. I was really anxious on how the wedding would turn out because we were having it at my husband's Grandad's house and it wasn't going to be the "typical" wedding and Cheryl put me at ease. She came to do a site inspection and drew out a map from memory of where everything was going to go and be and was so positive and helpful the entire time. During the process I came for several meetings and they go over every detail ( many of them you would have NEVER thought of otherwise)- so the day runs very smoothly. My wedding day was the day of my dreams, there were no issues, everyone raved about the food and service, all of the staff members were amazing- including Cheryl. I had many family skeptics before the wedding and afterwards we got multiple comments of "that was the best wedding I have ever been to" and "that ran so smoothly". The next day the house looked untouched and back to normal- Nellies was very respectful with the house and made sure to leave it like it was when they got there. I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience. Thank you Nellies for helping me have the wedding of my dreams!!!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nellie's did an amazing job with our wedding! I have gotten endless complements on the food.. one person actually almost licked the plate clean! Cheryl is an amazing catering manager. She could almost read my mind (or maybe my body language) with a lot of things which was great because I'm not very vocal about what I want most of the time. The catering staff kept all of my guests happy. The set up of the reception was absolutely beautiful. They went along with all my crazy ideas and let my family be control freaks with it all! We also hired Susan as our ceremony director. She saved the day twice- once when the petals for the ceremony aisle didn't quite make it out in time and again when the flower girl did not want to cooperate! She is my hero! Thank you Susan, Cheryl, Fredda, Brie and everyone else who helped make our wedding perfect!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nellie's Catering was the perfect choice for my daughter's wedding. Venue was the bride's Grandmother's home which made for a few unusual challenges but our Catering Manager Brie Barstow handled everything with the utmost professionalism and caring. The food, service, setup and follow through were all extremely executed. I would definitely use Fredda Pohl and Nellie's Catering again and will definitely recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
Alisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A huge THANK YOU! to Nellie's Catering for making our wedding day so magical and worry-free!

We had called about two weeks before our wedding day, freak out because all food plans had slowly fallen apart on us. We had vegetarians, carb-free dieters, and lactose intolerant people attending our wedding. Lucky for us, Nellie's came to our rescue! Everyone left full, satisfied and saying how the loved the food and decorations were.

All the staff is wonderful and makes you feel like a family member. They go above and beyond what other caterers do. They are willing to work with you and guide you in the right direction to make your special a dream come true.

I plan to use them again anytime I have a party that is in need of catering.

Love
Mr. and Mrs. Sehy

• Wedding: 02/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fredda and her staff at Nellie's made my wedding so easy to get through. They walk you through every step of the way. They have meetings for you to plan every detail of the wedding. They have a prop room that you have access to, so you can decorate. The food is DELICIOUS! If you can work with Mary Kay, do it!! She is so knowledgeable and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 02/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It has been one year today since our wedding day and still we have friends and family that speak so very highly of the delectable dinner that was served that evening along with the thoughtfulness and care that the professional staff there put in to make our wedding go off without a hitch. I cannot speak highly enough about how professional, accommodating, and thoroughly pleasant it was to work with Fredda and her staff. The food really was spectacular and service all around impeccable. Having a non traditional wedding (without a bride) we struggled in finding a caterer with such a welcoming and open door policy however Fredda and her team treated us with such care and respect as they do with all of their clientele that we could not imagine having worked with anyone else. They were so thorough down to the last detail from table arrangements to table decor and even placement rehearsal (not to mention that as amazing as they were they were also just as accommodating and affordable - trust me we looked around!) I would recommend Nellie's to anyone. They made our whole evening come together in a way that was unforgettable!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nellies made our wedding day absoulutely amazing. The staff was so nice and helpful making sure that everyone was properly taken care of. The food was delicious and delivered in a timely manner. Fredda and Cheryl are both wonderful people and so glad we were able to work with them. I highly recommend that every bride in Sarasota use Nellie`s Catering.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
941-924-2705
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards