National Museum of Women in the Arts

4.7
Flexibility
4.7
Recently Married

The National Museum of Women in the Arts was a fantastic location to have our wedding reception. Not only is it stunningly beautiful and centrally located in downtown DC, but the staff was exceptional and provided great assistance during the overall planning process. Lori was a pleasure to work with- she is extremely knowledgeable about event planning and was a joy to have help plan our dream wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for an exceptional venue that will keep your guests talking for years to come :)

Alexandra
09/20/2014

NMWA is an amazing space for a wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception at the museum and it was perfect. Really classy venue with excellent event staff to help along the way--Christina and Alison are great; very helpful and responsive. Thanks for an unforgettable day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my Labor Day wedding at the NMWA and was so happy I chose this venue. It was the perfect setup for my wedding of ~180 guests. Just be aware that there are more rules associated with this venue than others since it holds valuable pieces of art and that there a few more hidden costs to this already expensive venue before you book. However, the slight extra hassle and extra cost were totally worth it in the end. Our guests loved being able to look at the art during cocktail hour and everyone loved the venue and its central location in downtown DC.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The NMWA is an amazing venue for a wedding ceremony and reception in the DC area. All of our family and friends were amazed at the space and commented on it repeatedly the entire night. We rented all 3 floors and it was great for guests to experience the art gallery during cocktail hour. We worked with Allison at the museum and she was great. She provided input on how things could be done and it was very valuable. I am extremely happy I had my wedding there and I would recommend anyone looking for a wedding venue in DC check out the NMWA.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I absolutely loved this venue. The location, the ambience and the staff were absolutely awesome. We worked with Christina during the planning stages and she was so sweet and helpful throughtout. We were notified last minute that Christina was no longer available to be the staff on duty on our wedding day. However, her colleague Alison was just as nice and extremely helpful as her replacement on the day of. I highly recommend this gorgeous museum for any couple looking for an unconventional but beautiful venue for their wedding. Definitely the best decision we made!

Recently Married

Absolutely gorgeous space. Event staff at the museum was extremely helpful and stayed through the event. Museum was very flexible in permitting our decor choices. The space is so majestic but not stuffy in feel. Our guests loved it. Being there just makes you feel special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Stunning venue and was so happy to use them!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at NMWA this past weekend and it was an absolute dream!! I worked exclusively with Alison and could not have been more please with her and everything she did.

My husband and I knew that we wanted to have the ceremony and reception in the same venue. We looked at hotels and decided not to go that route, because we wanted more than just 4 walls. That cut down our choices drastically. We then began the search through DC for the perfect venue and once I walked into NMWA I said to myself "This is it!". Alison gave me the initial tour and answered all of my questions before I could even ask them. She was extremely attentive and responsive to any of my questions and needs. She let us come and walk around the museum whenever we wanted to which was such a huge help!

I cannot recommend NMWA enough. Not only is it an absolutely beautiful building and venue, the staff were all wonderful all the time and worked with us for whatever we needed. I am sad that I won't get to see and talk to Alison as much, but plan on going back from time to time.

3.4

We got married at this venue -- did the ceremony on the first floor, cocktail hour on the third floor gallery, dinner on the mezzanine, and dancing on the first floor. It was BEAUTIFUL and elegant and really a perfect setting. It was winter and it felt warm and candle lite and all the guests loved the paintings and beautiful details of the rooms. It's an expensive place, but it really is beautiful. The staff was helpful but not super responsive. I was planning from out of town and had some difficulties with them being flexible to my schedule of limited travel opportunities. So I'd say its not the easiest venue to work with professionally, but it really is beautiful so was worth it for us.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When planning our wedding, we were looking for a place that was not a hotel where we could host 200+ for a seated dinner in downtown DC. I had done corporate events at NMWA before and it was a great fit - super walkable to the metro and hotels (for out of towners) and the most beautiful and elegant space. I recommend working with Lori - she is so kind and the most flexible of the special events staff.

1+ year ago

We just had our wedding a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING. Every single one of our guests raved about the beautiful venue and location. Many said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended! Alison Roth, our event manager, was so sweet and accommodating. She and the entire staff were incredibly helpful and responsive to our every need. She made sure that all of our questions and needs were met and always responded immediately.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The National Museum of Women in the Arts is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful spots to get married in DC. The space is so truly amazing that you really don't need to do much in the way of decor. I had the opportunity to work with Elise, who unfortunately is no longer there. She was absolutely amazing every step of the way. She answered all of my many questions, provided me with vendor recommendations, and was even willing to work with me when it came to storing favors, table markers, programs, etc. in her office. My husband and I were even able to have pictures taken in the gallery, which ended up being my favorite pictures of that night.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This museum was the absolute perfect spot for our wedding!! The space is beautiful and exquisite and with all the lighting and decor set up on the day of the wedding, it was stunning. My husband I had originally planned to be married at a resort on the beach in October 2012, however, due to his military obligations we had to move our wedding up to January 2012 and move it to DC, where I live. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed but once I saw this venue, I knew I would love it just as much! It was a little pricey but we did get a slight discount since our wedding was in January (not an especially popular month). Elise was our contact at the museum and she was super sweet and answered all my questions. She helped recommend vendors (all whom were fantastic choices) and was very accommodating whenever I wanted to come into the museum and meet with a vendor. I would absolutely recommend this venue for a wedding or really any large special event!

M.
06/18/2011

The National Museum of Women in the Arts was absolutely the perfect venue for our event. The Museum is the most beautiful in Washington DC and is really set up to be the perfect venue. The main floor is gorgeous and has a marble floor, beautiful columns, art work, and wood trim. The second story balcony overlooks the main floor and is so grand with beautiful columns, chandeliers and art work. We were so thrilled with our choice and couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful venue - the place looked amazing for my wedding! It was a little bit more than I wanted to spend on the venue, but well worth every penny. Love the chandeliers and the dramatic lighting in the evening. I used uplights during my ceremony and reception, but I don't think that you need them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is breathtaking and makes for a fabulous wedding spot! We had our ceremony in the round on the first floor followed by cocktails in the 3rd floor gallery, seated dinner on the mezzanine and dancing, dessert and a lounge area back on the first floor. The space is so dynamic, lends itself beautifully to dramatic lighting and decor and allows for a totally unique set up! So many guests commented on how beautiful and special the venue was.

I knew I wanted a change from the usual Hotel ballroom set up and NMWA was exactly this!

The people at NMWA are also very easy to work with. There are a few museums in the DC area that rent the space out for weddings but NMWA is by far the most accommodating- allowing our vendors to start setting up prior to the museum close.

While the space is a bit pricey, in the end I really felt like it was worth every penny.