Moving Picture Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This may be a little out of the ordinary, because I am writing a review, not as a bride, but as the mother of the bride. Hiring Moving Picture Weddings' to chronicle my daughter's nuptial journey, was one of the highlights of our mother/daughter wedding experience! There is not enough space to write how extraordinarily talented, professional, kind, and genuine Marc and his team were with us! Even though Moving Picture Weddings documents far more prominent events and people, we still were treated like VIP's. Melissa and I were blown away by their eagerness and patience with us, in accommodating everything we wanted filmed! Moving Picture Weddings' warm, fun and yes, magical personalities had a way of transforming the awkwardness of being in front of camera into a memorable experience that felt more natural than you can imagine. No detail was neglected, no request dismissed. Moving Picture Weddings is beyond phenomenal! When the "Same Day Edit" was shown at the wedding reception, I was moved beyond words ( and I was not alone) at how perfectly they captured my daughter and her husband's love story! These wonderful people are the real deal! I would advise any of you thinking of hiring them, to do it! And if they are booked on the date you wish to marry, change your date!! You will not regret it! I only wish I had more unmarried children to marry off so that I could use them again and again and again! Beautiful work, and truly beautiful people, inside and out!

Services Used: Videography

Moving Picture Weddings was fabulous to work with! Planning a wedding outside of Portland was challenging, but everyone at Moving Pictures made it easy and worry free. On the day of our wedding, our videographer was not only inventive and creative, but such a pleasure to be around on our big day. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great video experience from their wedding!

Recently Married

You can already tell the amazing work that moving pictures has done based on past work. We are still awaiting our video and so eager and excited to see it! Moving pictures team were very attentive, answering all of our questions promptly. Angel was our day of cinematographer. He was such a joy to work with. He made it feel natural and a lot of the time we would forget the camera was recording us. Highly recommend any couple to Moving Pictures!

Services Used: Videography

LOVE the MPW Team!! My husband and I had the fortunate privilege of working with Marc and the MPW Team on 2 separate occasions, for our engagement cinema portrait session and on our wedding day. My husband, who has a shy and quiet temperament, was incredibly hesitant about talking on camera. I, admittedly, was just as nervous about being filmed. We needn’t have been worried or nervous! Marc’s humor, charm and down to earth personality made filming such a fun and memorable experience! Within an hour of working together on our first shoot, my husband and I were so relaxed we forgot that we were even on camera, thanks to Marc’s great direction! We couldn’t have been happier with the end product. We absolutely LOVED our engagement cinema portrait and actually showed a surprise viewing for our guests during our wedding reception. It received so many compliments, as many of our family and friends had never seen anything like it!
Getting to work with Marc and MPW Team again for our wedding was even more fun the second time around! Despite our wedding day jitters, both my husband and I couldn’t help but relax, laugh and enjoy ourselves while working with Marc. Never at anytime did we feel that the MPW Team stood out as our “vendor or videographer.” Rather, many of our guests didn’t event realize we had videographers filming, the team was so inconspicuous!
Marc is such a visionary and creative talent, and is a true joy to work with. We cannot thank Marc and the MPW Team enough for the AMAZING experience of personalized cinematography. We highly recommend Moving Picture Weddings! It was, by far one of the best investments we made for our wedding.

Services Used: Videography

Marc is a riot to work with! I can't stress enough how important that is. When the stress of the wedding gets more and more intense, you need people around you who you can trust and make you laugh. Having watched his previous work and working with him, we were at ease. He also worked great with our other vendors. He's great at balancing work and play. He is phenomenal at what he does. He makes the videos look effortless. His work is natural and captures the mood of the wedding. He doesn't force anything. He is fabulous at his craft and knows how to capture the couple exactly as they want to remember the moment. Our budget was getting tighter when we booked Moving Picture Weddings and they worked with us to make this partnership happen. They are really invested in making a good product for you. They are a great company and we would recommend them in a heartbeat! Goes without saying that they are one of the best vendors in Portland!

Services Used: Videography

We are so pleased we chose Moving Pictures to film our ceremony and our reception. Being filmed is something that doesn’t happen every day obviously, so we were way outside our comfort zones. Marc & Megan put us at right at ease—we felt comfortable right from the beginning; we didn’t even realize we were on camera most of the time! What a FUN duo to work with, too. There were just 3 days between our wedding in Seattle and our reception in Portland so a rush edit was in order for a ceremony highlights video. We couldn’t have been more pleased with the results—the film was reflective of our personalities and captured the feeling of the event perfectly. There wasn’t a dry eye in the ballroom after the video viewing and we have received so many compliments since about how well done the video was. Marc & Megan exceeded all of our expectations. If you’re considering a videographer, we HIGHLY recommend Moving Pictures…you’re getting more than just a video to capture your big day, you’re getting lots of fun memories in making the video, too!

1+ year ago

I don't even know where to begin to describe how much we loved working with the incredibly wonderful Moving Picture team for our wedding. Aside from being so talented and absolute experts at film making, they are some of the the most authentic and genuine people we have worked with. From the moment they arrived to start shooting they were warm and welcoming, and seamlessly fit into our day. They captured every little detail and went far above and beyond any expectations. Whether it was getting us to where we needed to be or making sure my husband and I were fed during the wedding (seriously how many videographers stop to make sure you have been fed??), it is unreal how above and beyond they went to make our day that much more special. They added to memories and we feel so blessed to have worked with Marc and his incredible team. We HIGHLY recommend working with Moving Pictures for your wedding or really any occasion!

1+ year ago

From the second we met Marc from Moving Pictures at the Portland Bridal show we knew we wanted him to film our wedding. Super energetic, funny and just a top notch pro at what he does, Marc was amazing. He is all over the place, shooting everything and you don't even realize he's there (which is what you want). Anytime you know the camera will be on you, he makes you feel incredibly comfortable and it's the last thing you are thinking about. Marc knows his stuff and we were honored to have him capturing our perfect day!

1+ year ago

O.M.G. This is the COOLEST thing ever! I am SO glad we found Moving Picture Weddings! The videos are so amazing and I am so excited to see our final product! I CANT WAIT!!! Nicole and Marc have been awesome to work with and I'm grateful to them for being there to capture our special day.

Services Used: Videography

Marc and his team were absolutely fantastic! We decided to add videography to our big day sort of late in the game…and we are SO glad we did! What an amazing thing to be able to look back on it and both our feature and our highlight films were incredible. Definitely worth the money and what a great, fun, and easy team to work with! We love you guys!! :)

Tony
07/12/2013

These guys are awesome! Very fun to work with and they made us feel so comfortable. They also work together with our photographer so it was a perfect team working in perfect sync. These guys go above and beyond to get the shot. They communicate very well and are very professional. Their work and how they captured our wedding is simply amazing!

1+ year ago

Moving Picture Weddings thinks of every little detail needed in filming the big day! Marc, in particular is a joy to have on board on such a hectic day. He is great at what he does and does it witha smile!

Shauna
1+ year ago

Marc and his team are wonderful! They are so easy to work with and always answered our questions in a timely fashion. Vladi Turkov and his assistant were so fun to work with and made our wedding day that much better! We can't wait to see the final product as we know any Moving Picture Weddings production is amazing!!!

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

I AM SO HAPPY with Moving Picture Wedding. Marc Rotse is very easy to work with, and our highlight and wedding video turned out beautifully. He and his team captured every meaningful and important aspects of our special day, and projected everything wonderfully.

He is also very responsive, professional, and funny!!! I would highly recommend anyone to trust their special day moments with Marc Rotse and his team. Thank you Marc for such a lovely outcome!

Services Used: Videography

How to say thank you enough times? That was the only question after working with Marc and Vladi. Their helpfulness in planning from engagement video to wedding video was incredible, their ideas inspired, showed up prompt and even early on the day of the wedding and overall are a delight to work with. Everything turned out even better than we could have hoped for.