Monique Powers Beauty Boutique

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Monique is wonderful. She has been doing my brows for over a year, so naturally when it came time to choose a makeup artist for my wedding, it was a no brainer. She is extremely talented at what she does and is so so sweet and wonderful to work with. I am generally very picky and was extremely particular about how I wanted my makeup done for my wedding. Monique was extremely attentive to this and made sure I was on board with what she was doing throughout the process. My make up turned out exactly how I envisioned (without me having to ask for anything changed/corrected) and I was so happy with her work. Highly recommend!

Recently Married

Monique was so amazing to work with. I hired her for my wedding day and my hair and makeup were flawless. During my initial search, I really wanted to find someone that could help my natural beauty shine through. I also have sensitive skin and coarse hair, so I was concerned about finding someone who could really work well with me. On the day of, she was punctual. She was actually there 30 min early! She even finished my hair and makeup on time! When I actually got to my venue it was crazy hot that day...95 degree weather. Not only did my makeup last, it looked beautiful in all of our pictures. I got so many complements all night. If you get the chance, definitely hire Monique for your wedding. It'll be worth it!

1 Review
Recently Married

Monique is the best in the business. Her skills as a makeup artist are unparalleled. She did my make up for my wedding and made me look and feel so glamorous and beautiful.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I decided to book Monique for my hair/makeup based on all her great reviews and the before/after pics posted. I really had only a vague idea of what I wanted because I dont wear much makeup nor know how to fix my hair for a special occasion. I didnt even do a preview, so I put 100% blind trust in Monique for that one day all of us women want to look our absolute best. Monique did not disappoint! I was breaking out due to wedding stress and had dark circles from lack of sleep, but Monique made me look flawless. She customizes your makeup based on your features, listens to what you want, and is a true artist. My hair was adorable and better than I imagined it would be. Everything stayed put for hours and hours, even after tears. And best of all (for the hubby) no lipstick transferred after so many posed kissing pics. Dont hesitate to book Monique!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough about Monique and her fabulous business Monique Powers Beauty Boutique. I realize some brides might love their vendors and give them all 5 stars for each category. Believe me, I thought about it! Monique really went above and beyond before the wedding and on the day of. As the bride you see all types of vendors from inexpensive to out-of-this-world/ in-another-universe expensive. Well, Monique isn't super-inexpensive BUT also not on the other end of the spectrum either BUT you get more than you pay for with value, service, time spent, and attention-to-detail.

After I heard and saw great things about her work in both makeup and hair, I contacted Monique prior to taking my engagement photos for a makeup trial. Have to make sure the work looks great on and off camera! That was in September 2013. After the wonderful work Monique did, her professionalism, and just her overall personality, I only had to see the photos and fall in love with them to know she was the one for my wedding and bridesmaids.

The hair the day of the wedding my hair and makeup looked even better than the trials. Monique is a true professional and will not leave until hair and makeup looks perfect! The airbrush foundation she did was AMAZING! I loved her work so much my mother, grandmother, and mother-in-law also had their makeup done. Monique is so responsive, incredibly easy to talk to, friendly, and an all-around lovely person. Everyone in the bridal party loved their hair and makeup. It really helped to make our wedding day great. Monique -- thank you!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Monique is so talented and is a lot of fun to work with! She shaped my brows, gave me spray tans and did my hair and make-up for my wedding. And I love her late evening hours! I would definitely recommend her!

1 Review
1.4

I hired Natasha as my makeup artist after knowing that Monique is not available on my wedding date. I wanted Monique to do my makeup but I agreed on Natasha after reading positive reviews about Monique thinking that her colleague will do a great job. Natasha is a great person and made me feel at ease as much as possible. But the makeup didn't suit my face. She made my face so gold and yellowish. She also made my eyes look small although I have big eyes. My makeup looked so artificial when I saw me wedding pictures. Moreover, Taylor did my hair. She was too bossy and was doing her own thing although I showed her the pictures of hair style I wanted. I wouldn't recommend anyone to them. I get mad whenever I see my wedding pictures.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I hired Monique to do my daughter's hair and makeup for her Wedding. When I accompanied my daughter to the preview a few weeks before the Wedding, I was immediately impressed. Monique was very friendly, polite and professional. She made us feel comfortable with her clean, cool and well lit salon. We engaged in casual, non invasive conversation. Monique did such a spectacular preview job with my daughter's makeup and hair, that I booked hair and makeup for my two other daughters and two nieces, I also booked eye makeup for myself. On the Wedding day Monique arrived early as promised, with a well qualified assistant, that made it possible for all of us to be ready and unhurried for the big day. We all were very satisfied with the work we each got done, most importantly, the Bride was happy, radiant and overjoyed. We would definitely use Monique again for our beauty needs, and our friends have been asking who is this Artist. Thank you Monique Powers for a job well done.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I booked Monique a year before my wedding and without meeting her! I just had a feeling that she would be perfect for my big day. I booked a few treatments (facials, eyebrows and make up for engagement session) in order to get to know her before my wedding. I always left feeling refreshed and enjoyed every visit. On my wedding day, she and her team arrived on time and made all of us look fabulous! I would highly recommend Monique for all of your beauty needs and especially as a wonderful addition to your wedding day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Hi, I have to say this is a first time I'm writing a review in my life (sorry laziness)..But I owe a thank you to a person who made my big day more beautiful and special and that person is Monique. she is the one you're looking for. she is a real professional,she knows what she is doing however she is all ears to listen to you what you want....all my quests admired my make up and I was really relax at the day cause I knew she is the best. she is soooo patient specially if you have a demanding and noisy family and they wont let you alone for your make up you may want Monique beside you. she had 4 people to make up in my wedding and each one of them had unique and beautiful make up and mine as the bride make up was her masterpiece...make the long story short trust her cause I'm an interior designer and you know how picky and difficult I can be... and I'm so fortunate to get to know her.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

My experience with Monique Powers was simply tops! I was a busy bride flying in from Washington, DC to get married in LA. Not only was Monique professional, she was timely, accommodating, and super bubbly! She was a much needed comfort during one of life's most stressful events. At my request, Monique did a great job applying individual eyelash extensions - a 2 hour, yet peaceful process. She even showed up early and stayed late on the day of my wedding in order to transform me into a gorgeous bride on my special day. I received so many compliments from family and friends and my wedding photos were absolutely amazing! To be honest, I feel like I'm a regular looking girl - with Monique's attention to detail and extraordinary level of skill I was transformed! My husband, during out first-look even cried when he saw me! He was absolutely shocked and stunned at how gorgeous I looked.

I'd recommend Monique to anyone who is looking for an elegant, and glamorous look for a great price. Trust me you'll receive plenty of compliments and accolades.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I really enjoyed having Monique as part of the wedding. She was professional and very easy to talk to about what I had visioned for the wedding. I was one of the brides that had planed everything out from the beginning, and when we had to unfortunately change the date and add some services last minute for my ladies, she was very sweet and understanding. My hair and make up came out just as I wanted it and my ladies looked peefect! I will be keeping her number for any future events that may come up.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Monique Powers was a God send! She did my makeup preview and wedding makeup, as well as my hair. I never even knew I could look like that! She truly made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself, which is what every bride dreams of. Monique listened to me and really captured the entire idea of the natural, classic look I was going for.

Her airbrush makeup is flawless. Her hairstyles are incredible. I highly recommend Monique to any girl who is in need of the perfect look for a big day! She's the best and has an amazing personality on top of it all. AND she has the best music playlist ever! :)

Xo, Rachael

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Monique did an amazing job on my wedding make up. The colors and products she used were absolutely perfect. My make up looked amazing all night long and didn't even need retouching. She also transformed my mother who usually doesn't wear makeup into a goddess. We both were complemented all night ion how beautiful we looked and my photos came out amazing! Monique is extremely professional, she arrived early and patiently waited while my hairdresser perfected my coif. I cannot say enough about how much I valued her services. I would recommend her to anyone.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of working with Monique and two of her stylists 3 weeks ago for my wedding. It was a wonderful experience! She was extremely helpful and responsive to all of my questions and even had two of her wonderful stylists, Shana Taylor and Jessica Berrios, drive all the way to Pasadena on a Saturday morning to get myself and my best friend ready for my big day. I was so impressed with their work, I had to write a review ( which in all honesty, I hardly ever do.) Even though Monique herself was already booked for that day and couldn't do my makeup for me, she left my friend and I in very good hands. I highly recommend this boutique for anyone looking for a bit of glam for their special occasion. I'd give this review more than 5 stars if I could!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Monique is the BEST at beauty treatments of all kinds! She did my make-up for my wedding and I have never felt or looked more beautiful. In addition to great, airbrush make-up applications, Monique also takes GREAT care of my brows and eyelashes, and even offers lessons on how I can achieve the professional look she gives me on my own at home. She is absolutely TERRIFIC...best in the biz!!!!