Monastero Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We had Joe as our DJ and he was completely amazing!! In the months leading up to our wedding Joe was helped us gather a timeline for the big day. He was extremely helpful in getting everything organized, from music to speeches to even timing of food courses. His style of music was everything we expected and more. He started with some oldies earlier in the night and moved on to top 40 as the night went on. He also stuck to our "do not play" and "must play" lists. Everyone had a blast and our guests all complimented us on our DJ at the end of the night. We also rented the photo booth from them, which was also great. They gave us a copy of every photo in a book at the end of the night. Overall, a great experience and I would recommend Joe to anyone out there. As a side note, we hired Monastero because we were really impressed by Roberto at another wedding we attended. Overall, a great team, couldn't be happier.

Services Used: DJ

Rob played all of the music we requested, all of my wedding guests raved about the music. The dance floor was never empty! The music flowe'd throughout the night moving from one song to another. Rob was professional and helped my wedding be the perfect night! I would recommend Monastero entertainment to anyone who needs a DJ. From the planning process to the actual day of th e wedding, Rob helped make sure everything was lined up and ran smoothly. Thank you!!

Services Used: DJ

Monastero Entertainment went above and beyond for our wedding, and provided EXCEPTIONAL service! My husband and I were aware of the company’s fantastic reputation, but never had the pleasure of seeing an event ourselves. Well, our expectations were blown out of the water when we finally were able to see them in person for the first time, at our wedding reception. In the planning process, Roberto was fantastic to work with – he was incredibly flexible, and accommodated all of our requests, including a handful of last minute changes to the original plan. I filled out the template on their website and he emailed us back within five minutes! He was incredibly responsive, and always made time for us when we had questions. He made us feel like every question we had/request we made were perfectly reasonable, and was very helpful in making key decisions related to the timing and flow of the reception.

During the wedding reception itself, he set up the music to flow perfectly for every single step of the process. The introductions, the cake cutting & first dance went smoothly, and made us feel like we knew exactly what we were doing up there, despite never having done any of those things in front of a crowd before . Not only did things go smoothly with the music, we also had the pleasure of hearing Roberto perform a number of songs himself, one of which included a serenade to my mother, the mother of the bride. After the guests joined the dance floor we couldn’t get them to leave! The music was great, and was timed in a way that made people want to stay on the floor for as long as possible. Friends and relatives spent the next morning telling me how sore and tired they were from all of the dance moves they broke out the night before. We can’t thank Monastero Entertainment enough for making our wedding reception a night we will never forget!

Services Used: DJ

Roberto was fantastic. My husband and I had seen him perform at another wedding prior to ours, so we knew he would be great, but he went above and beyond our expectations.
He was helpful in guiding us smoothly through introductions, first dances, and cake cutting. He played the perfect music throughout the reception--great oldies but goodies to get everyone dancing (even the older folk) at the beginning of the reception and then newer jams as the night wore on. Our dance floor was filled with people the entire night.
We also loved the photobooth--we so appreciate all the great pictures and memories we have from many of our guests in the wonderful book that was created for us.
So many people at the wedding asked us about Roberto, and he may even be performing at another wedding we're attending later this year--my husband and I can't wait because Roberto is truly that good. Such a great talent and great person--thank you for making our wedding reception so amazing.

Karen
10/25/2014

Wow! Where to even start? We met with Rob and Joe and immediately signed a contract with them (they were the only DJs we met with), because they were so genuine and personable. They were both very knowledgeable about music and weddings and made our lives easy from day one.
Joe was our DJ for the wedding, so we met with him one other time to plan. Again, he was so approachable, knowledgeable and fun to work with. We felt very confident that he would be fantastic on the day of the wedding. We didn't want to make the playlist ourselves, so we just told him our music taste and goals and he turned that into gold!!!
The music at our wedding was PERFECT and the dance floor was full the entire night! Even while we were dancing, guests were telling us how great our DJ was. How amazing is that!! When anyone asks what our favorite part of the wedding was, we always say "the dancing!"
We would DEFINITELY hire this same DJ and STRONGLY recommend this company to everyone!

Services Used: DJ

Roberto had been the DJ two of my family friends' weddings and did an AMAZING job! So I knew when I was planning my wedding that I wanted to work with his company!! I had Joe as my DJ and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He did such a great job at keeping the music flowing and keeping people on the dance floor the entire night!! He was so easy to work with and the on-line programs helped us to slowly make decisions and changes to the music for our wedding. Joe was great at taking requests, while still keeping to my husbands and mine musical taste. By the end of the night everyone was so exhausted from dancing all night!! I would definitely use Joe again as a DJ. I am beyond pleased with how great he did, and everyone keeps complimenting us on how well he did!!

Darlene
09/27/2014

Monastero Entertainment exceeded our expectations as a vendor for our daughter's wedding. The communication lines during the planning process were always open, with meetings and email being prompt and friendly. We built such a trust that we recommended them before we actually heard the final product. And sure enough, their service on our special day was PERFECT. Our guests seemed to get on the dance floor and never leave. The atmosphere was everything we hoped for and Monastero is to be given credit for the success of our event.

Services Used: DJ

We hired Monastero Entertainment to DJ our wedding reception on September 27th, 2014. Since the owner (Roberto) was actually standing up in his friend’s wedding on our day, another DJ, Peter, was assigned to our wedding.

Working with Monastero Entertainment was an absolute breeze. Pretty much everything you need to plan out your reception can be found on their online web portal. Within the portal, you can select “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” songs from their database. Here you can also select your “First Dance” songs and list your wedding party for when the emcee does announcements to start the night.

As far as add-ons, we took advantage of Monastero Entertainment’s uplighting and their photo booth. The uplighting looked incredible in our venue, and we can’t imagine our reception without it! The photo booth was a huge hit with our guests. Monastero Entertainment provided someone to handle the photo booth to help out the guests and to make sure the pictures were glued in the book properly. An added perk was that a strip of pictures was printed for each member of the group (usually I’ve seen only 1 strip for the entire group, and then you have to fight over who gets to keep it).

Last, but certainly not least, Peter was AMAZING! The dance floor was packed from the moment he opened the floor to the moment the night ended. The way he mixed one song into the next was really impressive and made sure no one had an excuse to leave the dance floor! We can’t even count how many guests commented that our night was the most fun they have ever had at a reception, and we are both positive Peter had a large part in that!

Services Used: DJ

Roberto of Monastero Entertainment was one of our favorite wedding vendors. He is AWESOME!

He provided music for our outdoor ceremony. He was also our DJ for the wedding reception. I can't help but say only great things about him and his work. Every time we spoke on the phone or met in person he was so positive and excited. Even on the day of the wedding he was smiling the whole day.

Roberto is responsive, professional, organized, and gives you exactly what you want for your big day. There are DJs who don't listen to the music you request, but Roberto makes a point to play exactly what you ask.

Additional services: Roberto mixed a special track for a choreographed father/daughter dance. We also had uplighting and a photobooth provided by Monastero Entertainment. I would hire Monastero Entertainment again in a heartbeat for any future events.

Thanks Roberto for making our wedding day so special!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

A big thank you to Roberto for all his help with the music (planning and execution) for our wedding reception. It was so great working with him and the music turned out awesome! We loved the way he mixed all of the music sets; he was able to combine Indian (Hindi, Bhangra, etc) with some of the old-skool hip hop selections with such ease. It sounded fantastic.

Futhermore, we received so many compliments on how great the music was. (a couple of our guests were planning to leave earlier stayed a bit later because they couldn't stop dancing.) It was a night to remember... :)

Services Used: DJ

We hired Monastero Entertainment to provide DJ services and the Photo Booth for our wedding in August 2014. We were very happy with everything that was provided! Roberto and Joe were a pleasure to work with. They gave us a competitive quote and provided our guests with great service. The music selections were just what we wanted. Our guests said the music was really good and despite the older crowd (ages 35+ ) at our small wedding -- lots of people ended up dancing! Joe really could read the room. A fun time was had by all! We highly recommend Monastero Entertainment.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Roberto knocked this one out of the park. Our caterer (the wonderful Maria Collins at Sweet Baby Ray's) recommended him as they work together frequently. After the first phone call with him, we knew he was the right choice.

Roberto is incredibly friendly, funny, and understands crowds. At our wedding, he had the whole dance floor packed from the first song to the last number of the night. He was incredibly flexible, too - my dad contacted him about making a "megamix" for our father-daughter dance, and he happily obliged. Then a few days later when my husband contacted him about adding on a surprise flash mob for me after our first dance, he got right into the spirit about how he was going to trick me - and it all went off without a hitch!

His music selections were great, he was budget-friendly, and his online system for picking and choosing songs was super easy to use. You can also arrange to meet him in person at his family's restaurant, Monastero's, which has incredible food and makes for a fun night!

I would highly recommend, and more importantly, so would our guests - throughout the night they kept asking my husband and I if they could use him for future events!

Services Used: DJ

Robert was a wonderful contact, though he was not our DJ. Our DJ was Joe Delfin and he worked tirelessly with us to ensure our day went smoothly. He helped us pick our songs and made great selections with the music as we asked for only top hits. He also incorporated some older hits for the parents, which they loved!! The night went perfectly and I would definitely recommend them. They provided a photo booth and uplighting for me at a great price and were extremely flexible and friendly!!!!

Private User
1+ year ago

I would recommend Roberto for any function. Our party was ROCKIN. He kept everyone engaged the entire night, couldn't have been nicer and, believe or not, sings really well! We had people at our wedding offering to fly him to other parts of the country to be the DJ at their events - he was that good!

Services Used: DJ

I had first experienced the awesomeness that was Roberto at a friend's wedding. Normally I am not on the dance floors at weddings, but this particular one I couldn't seem to stop moving. I didn't know that I would be getting married a few years later, but when I got engaged, I knew that Monastero Entertainment would be one of my first calls.

We were fortunate enough to get the master himself, Roberto, to be our DJ/MC at our reception recently. In three short words - He Is Amazing. This is a sentiment that has been shared by each and every person we've spoken to about our wedding. The first statement is inevitably - "Your DJ was awesome!"

In the hectic whirl of (often times painful) wedding planning, he made everything super easy. It only took a couple quick phone calls and emails to secure him for the day and get contracts signed. We met with him a couple weeks before the wedding and discussed specifics. After letting him know our music styles/types, we basically gave him full reign and let the expert do what he does best. He had a bunch of great ideas for our entrance, first dance, etc. and he truly delivered.

From the moment you meet him, you definitely feel the passion he has for his work. You feel that he truly wants to make your day special and is eager to make sure everything goes perfectly.

As much as I hated wedding planning, I want to have another wedding just so he can be our DJ again! There is nothing bad I can say about this guy and neither can 33 other previous reviews. BOOK HIM IMMEDIATELY!!! :)

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

This review is for Roberto and Joe. Roberto did my sister's wedding he was AMAZING. So, when the time came for my wedding, I requested for him. Because he wasn't available, we went with Joe (who apparently DJ'd for Roberto's wedding) and we couldn't be happier! Our dance floor was full all night long and people came to us to compliment the DJ, specifically! Joe played all the requested songs as well as good mix of songs that everyone could dance to. He really felt the audience well and kept the dance floor full! And, I know for the fact that Roberto is amazing!! They're really great team. They also work with your budget!! Best. Ever.