Monastero Entertainment

Monastero Entertainment

3820 Kirk Street
Skokie, IL 60076 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow! Where to even start? We met with Rob and Joe and immediately signed a contract with them (they were the only DJs we met with), because they were so genuine and personable. They were both very knowledgeable about music and weddings and made our lives easy from day one.
Joe was our DJ for the wedding, so we met with him one other time to plan. Again, he was so approachable, knowledgeable and fun to work with. We felt very confident that he would be fantastic on the day of the wedding. We didn't want to make the playlist ourselves, so we just told him our music taste and goals and he turned that into gold!!!
The music at our wedding was PERFECT and the dance floor was full the entire night! Even while we were dancing, guests were telling us how great our DJ was. How amazing is that!! When anyone asks what our favorite part of the wedding was, we always say "the dancing!"
We would DEFINITELY hire this same DJ and STRONGLY recommend this company to everyone!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roberto had been the DJ two of my family friends' weddings and did an AMAZING job! So I knew when I was planning my wedding that I wanted to work with his company!! I had Joe as my DJ and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He did such a great job at keeping the music flowing and keeping people on the dance floor the entire night!! He was so easy to work with and the on-line programs helped us to slowly make decisions and changes to the music for our wedding. Joe was great at taking requests, while still keeping to my husbands and mine musical taste. By the end of the night everyone was so exhausted from dancing all night!! I would definitely use Joe again as a DJ. I am beyond pleased with how great he did, and everyone keeps complimenting us on how well he did!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Monastero Entertainment exceeded our expectations as a vendor for our daughter's wedding. The communication lines during the planning process were always open, with meetings and email being prompt and friendly. We built such a trust that we recommended them before we actually heard the final product. And sure enough, their service on our special day was PERFECT. Our guests seemed to get on the dance floor and never leave. The atmosphere was everything we hoped for and Monastero is to be given credit for the success of our event.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Darlene
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Monastero Entertainment to DJ our wedding reception on September 27th, 2014. Since the owner (Roberto) was actually standing up in his friend’s wedding on our day, another DJ, Peter, was assigned to our wedding.

Working with Monastero Entertainment was an absolute breeze. Pretty much everything you need to plan out your reception can be found on their online web portal. Within the portal, you can select “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” songs from their database. Here you can also select your “First Dance” songs and list your wedding party for when the emcee does announcements to start the night.

As far as add-ons, we took advantage of Monastero Entertainment’s uplighting and their photo booth. The uplighting looked incredible in our venue, and we can’t imagine our reception without it! The photo booth was a huge hit with our guests. Monastero Entertainment provided someone to handle the photo booth to help out the guests and to make sure the pictures were glued in the book properly. An added perk was that a strip of pictures was printed for each member of the group (usually I’ve seen only 1 strip for the entire group, and then you have to fight over who gets to keep it).

Last, but certainly not least, Peter was AMAZING! The dance floor was packed from the moment he opened the floor to the moment the night ended. The way he mixed one song into the next was really impressive and made sure no one had an excuse to leave the dance floor! We can’t even count how many guests commented that our night was the most fun they have ever had at a reception, and we are both positive Peter had a large part in that!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roberto of Monastero Entertainment was one of our favorite wedding vendors. He is AWESOME!

He provided music for our outdoor ceremony. He was also our DJ for the wedding reception. I can't help but say only great things about him and his work. Every time we spoke on the phone or met in person he was so positive and excited. Even on the day of the wedding he was smiling the whole day.

Roberto is responsive, professional, organized, and gives you exactly what you want for your big day. There are DJs who don't listen to the music you request, but Roberto makes a point to play exactly what you ask.

Additional services: Roberto mixed a special track for a choreographed father/daughter dance. We also had uplighting and a photobooth provided by Monastero Entertainment. I would hire Monastero Entertainment again in a heartbeat for any future events.

Thanks Roberto for making our wedding day so special!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A big thank you to Roberto for all his help with the music (planning and execution) for our wedding reception. It was so great working with him and the music turned out awesome! We loved the way he mixed all of the music sets; he was able to combine Indian (Hindi, Bhangra, etc) with some of the old-skool hip hop selections with such ease. It sounded fantastic.

Futhermore, we received so many compliments on how great the music was. (a couple of our guests were planning to leave earlier stayed a bit later because they couldn't stop dancing.) It was a night to remember... :)

• Wedding: 08/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Monastero Entertainment to provide DJ services and the Photo Booth for our wedding in August 2014. We were very happy with everything that was provided! Roberto and Joe were a pleasure to work with. They gave us a competitive quote and provided our guests with great service. The music selections were just what we wanted. Our guests said the music was really good and despite the older crowd (ages 35+ ) at our small wedding -- lots of people ended up dancing! Joe really could read the room. A fun time was had by all! We highly recommend Monastero Entertainment.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roberto knocked this one out of the park. Our caterer (the wonderful Maria Collins at Sweet Baby Ray's) recommended him as they work together frequently. After the first phone call with him, we knew he was the right choice.

Roberto is incredibly friendly, funny, and understands crowds. At our wedding, he had the whole dance floor packed from the first song to the last number of the night. He was incredibly flexible, too - my dad contacted him about making a "megamix" for our father-daughter dance, and he happily obliged. Then a few days later when my husband contacted him about adding on a surprise flash mob for me after our first dance, he got right into the spirit about how he was going to trick me - and it all went off without a hitch!

His music selections were great, he was budget-friendly, and his online system for picking and choosing songs was super easy to use. You can also arrange to meet him in person at his family's restaurant, Monastero's, which has incredible food and makes for a fun night!

I would highly recommend, and more importantly, so would our guests - throughout the night they kept asking my husband and I if they could use him for future events!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Robert was a wonderful contact, though he was not our DJ. Our DJ was Joe Delfin and he worked tirelessly with us to ensure our day went smoothly. He helped us pick our songs and made great selections with the music as we asked for only top hits. He also incorporated some older hits for the parents, which they loved!! The night went perfectly and I would definitely recommend them. They provided a photo booth and uplighting for me at a great price and were extremely flexible and friendly!!!!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would recommend Roberto for any function. Our party was ROCKIN. He kept everyone engaged the entire night, couldn't have been nicer and, believe or not, sings really well! We had people at our wedding offering to fly him to other parts of the country to be the DJ at their events - he was that good!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I had first experienced the awesomeness that was Roberto at a friend's wedding. Normally I am not on the dance floors at weddings, but this particular one I couldn't seem to stop moving. I didn't know that I would be getting married a few years later, but when I got engaged, I knew that Monastero Entertainment would be one of my first calls.

We were fortunate enough to get the master himself, Roberto, to be our DJ/MC at our reception recently. In three short words - He Is Amazing. This is a sentiment that has been shared by each and every person we've spoken to about our wedding. The first statement is inevitably - "Your DJ was awesome!"

In the hectic whirl of (often times painful) wedding planning, he made everything super easy. It only took a couple quick phone calls and emails to secure him for the day and get contracts signed. We met with him a couple weeks before the wedding and discussed specifics. After letting him know our music styles/types, we basically gave him full reign and let the expert do what he does best. He had a bunch of great ideas for our entrance, first dance, etc. and he truly delivered.

From the moment you meet him, you definitely feel the passion he has for his work. You feel that he truly wants to make your day special and is eager to make sure everything goes perfectly.

As much as I hated wedding planning, I want to have another wedding just so he can be our DJ again! There is nothing bad I can say about this guy and neither can 33 other previous reviews. BOOK HIM IMMEDIATELY!!! :)

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is for Roberto and Joe. Roberto did my sister's wedding he was AMAZING. So, when the time came for my wedding, I requested for him. Because he wasn't available, we went with Joe (who apparently DJ'd for Roberto's wedding) and we couldn't be happier! Our dance floor was full all night long and people came to us to compliment the DJ, specifically! Joe played all the requested songs as well as good mix of songs that everyone could dance to. He really felt the audience well and kept the dance floor full! And, I know for the fact that Roberto is amazing!! They're really great team. They also work with your budget!! Best. Ever.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roberto provided an amazing experience for our wedding. He read the crowd and adapted to their moods. People I did not expect to see dancing were out on the dance floor, having a great time!

Many people complimented us on the DJ choice and those go straight to Roberto!

In addition, he timed the ceremony music perfect and adapted to some last minute changes with ease.

He was extremely responsive with emails as well. I heard from him within hours of sending emails and that was great considering I was planning a wedding 1,000 miles away.

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
Meredith
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roberto is the best there is in Chicago! We booked him for our wedding after we had an amazing time at two prior weddings where he was booked. Almost every single wedding guest raved about our ceremony music and how packed the dance floor was all night long. I would also say that his passion for his craft is totally obvious and made me felt completely at ease before and during the wedding. What a professional and nice guy! I can't say enough great things about Monastero Entertainment.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say anything bad about my experience with Roberto Monastero - he was a FANTASTIC DJ. Ditto to all positive reviews left previously - do not hesitate at all to hire him for your wedding - you will NOT be dissapointed!

• Wedding: 11/29/2013
SF85
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Roberto Monastero from Monastero Entertainment is an AMAZING DJ!!!! He came HIGHLY recommended from our wedding planner. He guaranteed that our guests would leave complaining about sore feet, and they were still complaining about their burning feet and legs on Monday morning. We provided a song list but requested that he play the music that our guests seem to love the most. Our dance floor was packed all night long! He is great at reading the crowd!!! He also made a beautiful slideshow for our wedding per our request and has great song recommendations. He is very professional and prompt with his responses by email or phone. Many of our guests have asked about our DJ and I highly recommend them!!! THANK YOU ROBERTO!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
847-340-3955
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards