Modern Art Photograph

Modern Art Photograph

Portland, OR
503.481.7947
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Erin
07/12/2014

Modern Art did all the kinds of photos we wanted for our big wedding day and more! We gave our photographer samples of what we liked and he did exactly as we asked. He came out to the site to scope the angles and get ideas weeks beforehand. We also provided him a list with the combinations of photos and he made sure that he went down the list and got all of the combinations of the wedding party and family that we wanted. The photos of the ceremony were phenomenal and he captured every minute of the hour long ceremony. We can basically relive the moment by looking at each photo and remember which part of the ceremony it was. We asked that he do a private photo shoot with the bride and groom, the wedding party, the extended family, and artsy photos of the rings, boquets, etc. He had many different lenses and lightings he used and knew exactly when and where to use them. Modern Art was very responsive to our needs and very directable/flexible. I highly recommend this company to anyone having a major event or wedding. Robert is easy to work with and very open to your ideas. I got exactly what I was looking for in Modern Photography.

Recently Married

Awesome work. He does an outstanding job and truly is one of the nicest people my wife and I have encountered.

Services Used: Photography

Robert exceeded our expectations on our wedding day!! We immediately knew after our engagement shoot that the wedding day would be just as great! He was wonderful, fun and you can tell how much he really enjoys his job and captures every moment! I had fear that him being one person he would miss moments but boy was I wrong! I would highly recommend Robert and plan to use him as well in our future!

Recently Married

Robert was very easy to work with. He was at the place very early, even visited the venue before the event. He was very flexible and open to whatever we wanted to do, got in a canoe to take pictures of us in the lake. The album was beautiful.

Services Used: Photography

Robert is a great photographer who approaches an assignment both with professionalism and care. One of the hardest things to find as far as vendors go, is someone who is readily available. Robert answered all of our questions and addressed any concerns the same day. During the photoshoot, he made us feel comfortable and took great photos. We also got our pictures back, edited, within a few days of shooting both for the engagement pictures and wedding pictures. You definitely get your money's worth and more. I would recommend Robert to anyone I know.

Aniela
04/19/2014

Robert was wondeful! Always professional, always responsive, always flexible and the pictures were perfect. I highly recommend Robert!

1+ year ago

Robert was great to work with - extremely responsive when setting up plans and very flexible to our input. During the wedding he took some great photographs and was there all day with us. He was completely unobtrusive during the wedding, yet somehow found ways to get just the right pictures. We were married at Edgefield and Robert wandered nearly the entire property with us looking for little hidden gems of a setting to get some excellent shots. We highly recommend Modern Art Photography.

Liz
03/29/2014

Robert is nothing short of a magical! He is the consummate professional, from the consult to the wedding day to the timely delivery of the photos. I have seen other photographers at my friends weddings and I have to tell you he is honestly the best one I have come across. With each group of people from the wedding party to the guests to the family, he knew exactly how to quickly put everyone at ease and get the best pictures. He has an amazing eye for locations and seeing how some of the shots turned out I was so impressed by the framing. I have hundreds of amazing photos from my wedding which I will always treasure, I couldn't be happier with how they turned out.

I think one of the things that makes Robert so easy to work with that on top of being an amazing photographer, he is a genuinely good person and cares about his clients needs and vision for what they want out of the pictures. I cannot recommend him enough.

Services Used: Photography

I cannot speak highly enough of Robert Knapp and Modern Art Photograph. He did a beautiful job on our engagement photos and took our breath away on our wedding photos.

He was so professional and flexible. He woke up at the crack of dawn to photograph our pre-wedding crossfit workout! He was there when my bouquet was delivered, and it was different than what I had expected, and he was so kind and reassured me that it looked great. Every person in the wedding party kept telling me how much fun our photographer was and how excited they were to see the photos.

I also cannot believe how fast he got our photos back to us.

His creativity is incredible and he worked so well with our videographer as well. He used an amazing blend of photo journalism and posed pictures. I would recommend him to anyone, and I can say without a doubt that I will use Modern Art Photograph for all of our future photography needs.

1+ year ago

I would definitely recommend this photographer to everyone that is looking for photographers. On time, precise, responds quick and in timely manor, and is flexible with dates and locations of photo shoot. Overall, I am happy to have chosen Modern Art Photograph for my Wedding Photographer. Five Stars All The Way!

Nikki
10/26/2013

We had Modern Art Photographer do our wedding and couldn’t be happier! Great personality, very professional, easy going, very affordable and an overall great value. We selected the whole day package- which was a great because we got every moment of the day. He showed up while my bridesmaids and I got ready and stayed til the very end of the night! It was nice not worrying about hourly cost or overtime cost that we were running into with other vendors. The quality of the photos were beautiful - unbelievably vibrant and clear! The nice thing, the photos were ready by the time we got back from our honeymoon, we didn’t have to wait for weeks or months to see them. He was also extremely accessible- replied to emails almost instantaneously, always willing to meet with my then fiancé and I for random meetings and willing to do customization of the photos and packages long after the wedding.

Overall he was a great vendor that we plan on using in the future for anniversary or family photos!

1+ year ago

Great photos. Easy going attitude with a great eye for light.

claire
09/01/2013

i love working with Robert. he was very professional but at the same time very easy going.

Amy
08/24/2013

I had met with several photographers before meeting with Robert (Modern Art Photograph), but my search ended there. Not only is he one of the most pleasant people i have met, he is also very professional and courteous. After meeting so many overly arrogant people within this industry, it was so refreshing to sit down with Robert over a cup of coffee and have a great conversation about the wedding and what we were looking for. A few things to remember about Modern Art Photograph when searching for a photographer:

1). He does not have any time restraints! I challenge you to find another photographer that works like that. He did our engagement shoot and our wedding and both were all day events that we paid a flat rate for (not hourly)

2). His prices are great. He actually said to me that he felt some in his industry were charging ridiculous amounts and he would rather book an event every weekend and be doing what he loved than raise his prices.

3). You OWN the rights to the photos and can do whatever you would like with them. He will send you a DVD of all the photos and you don't have to buy prints. That being said, should you like he will put together a beautiful wedding album for you and your family at a very reasonable cost.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and we love our photos. He captured the energy and emotion of our special day and we are so grateful. Highly recommended!

Layne
08/18/2013

Never use any one else for photography. Robert is so easy going and took over 700 quality pics on the wedding day alone. Stress free, total professional, awesome dude, outstanding picture quality. He is so passionate about his work and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. If we ever need a photographer from this point forward we will use him. AMAZING!!!

Pam
08/17/2013

We highly recommend Modern Art Photography. Outstanding service & quality.