Mitchell Park Conservatory "The Domes"

Mitchell Park Conservatory "The Domes"

524 S. Layton Blvd
(5.0 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(3.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the most beautiful wedding venue to have our ceremony and reception at. This was literally like a destination wedding without having to travel too far. I would recommend you tell your guests to view the entire venue during your event. Our guests were having too much fun dancing the night away and didn't realize they could walk the entire venue.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome venue and reception space...a big hit with all of our guests!!! Once booked, our options were laid out nicely and decisions were made well in advance so there were no last-minute surprises.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don’t know where to begin when it comes to thanking ZHG. You made what could be an overwhelming process a very enjoyable one. The fact that you took time to explain all the meal options was very beneficial. You didn’t just hand us the packet and brochures. You talked to us, got to know our likes and dislikes, and then provided helpful suggestions. On top of that, you offered enhancements (probably because you realized I like to get a good deal!). Next, you spent time meeting with us at The Domes, not once, but twice, in order to give Tim a chance to check it out too. The fact that you allowed us to switch to Bud rather than Miller was probably what sold Tim! J Then came the taste-testing event, and what a treat that was. All of your food selections were so wonderful that it was difficult to narrow it down to the final choices.

Once everything was pretty much in place, you continued to provide constant guidance and support. You made me feel so at ease, and I thank you for patiently answering my questions and promptly addressing any concerns. Now, for the big day. Even though you had other commitments, you still took time out of your busy day to come to The Domes and check to make sure everything was just as we had planned. Just seeing you there was reassuring to me.

Please tell your staff that they’re the best! They did a wonderful job of making me feel like “Queen for a Day” . The reception area was absolutely beautiful, the food was the best I’ve ever had, the staff was so accommodating and professional, and everything went perfectly. I have never received so many compliments in my life, and that’s all thanks to you.

I could go on and on about everything, such as the gorgeous show dome, how nice it was that the DJ’s music was acoustically pleasing (allowing guests away from the dance floor to be able to carry on conversations), and the wonderful food and appetizers (can you tell, I really loved the food!). To top it off, your staff was kind enough to box up some food for me to enjoy later since I couldn’t eat anything that day due to the fact that I had the flu. How thoughtful was that!

So thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me look so good. I felt guilty getting all the praise when it was you and everyone you work with that really deserves all the compliments. I would highly recommend Zilli Hospitality Group to anyone else planning a wedding or special event, and if you ever need a referral, I would be more than happy to do so.

Thank you again for everything!

• Wedding: 07/10/2010
Services Used: Catering
4.2/5.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Most of the coordination with the Domes staff was handled through Zilli Hospitality, our caterer. The venue was wonderful and very pretty. It fit our group well (approx 200) and provided a nice setting for people to have fun dancing or break away to a quieter area in the Domes themselves. Very unique location - different than a hall. The one disappointment was that there was no flexibility on time for when friends/family could get to the Domes and begin setting up the favors/place cards/program/etc. This led to things being really rushed and we had guests arriving while still trying to do setup. We were also unable to get into the Domes early to take some pictures with family before other guests arrived.

• Wedding: 05/23/2011
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Overall we really loved the Domes as a venue. Our biggest frustration was that the staff at the Domes did not allow the rest of the vendors in to set up on time which set the whole evening behind schedule. The ceremony ended up being delayed 30 minutes, but worse than that, the groom had to run around right before helping the Domes get things done. That is not how I wanted my husband to spend the time leading into our wedding ceremony (plus I know it was aggravating for the other vendors who then had to rush to get everything done). Once everything got set up and done though, it is a truly beautiful venue. Just be aware that when they say the vendors can get in at 4pm for set up (an hour before they close to the public), they may not actually let anyone in until 5pm (after they close) and if you have your ceremony start time set early (we had ours at 5:30pm), it may cause a huge problem.

• Wedding: 01/28/2012
262-547-9447
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire