Mike Topham Photography

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My fiancé is a photographer, so when searching for a photographer, it was his choice, and he made a great choice! Though we haven't gotten married yet, mike did out engagement shoot yesterday evening and it went very well. Mike is amazing at what he does and he makes the photo shoot very comfortable! He actually met with us in Southern Maryland for our photoshoot at 6 pm. He was full of energy and very nice! We can't wait for him to shoot our wedding! For the quality and quantity of photos that you receive, his prices are amazing!

Private User
[Private]

Mike's daughter Nancy did my engagement photos. She was very professional. She was very easy to get in contact with and did a great job of confirming the appointment with us. The images were beautiful! It was a really fun experience and I can't wait for Nancy to do our wedding photography. She also got the pictures back to us very quickly! Amazing!

Private User
Recently Married

We cannot say enough good things about Mike and Nancy. They are true professionals. From the moment they got to our wedding until we got in the car to leave, Mike & Nancy never stopped taking pictures. They are very creative and you can tell he has been around the block several times when it comes to weddings. They were very timely in getting our pictures back to us and very easy to work with. They traveled all the way from Richmond, VA to Lancaster, PA so that shows their dedication to their clients. We would recommend Mike to ANYONE looking for a photographer in the mid-atlantic region. His prices are extremely competitive and you definitely get your bang for your buck. On the day of the wedding they were great at making sure we were moving and on time for what pictures we wanted, etc. We loved Mike & Nancy and can't say enough great things about them!

Services Used: Photography

Mike is amazing photographer! He was so enthusiastic about every single shot he took, which made the act of smiling for hours really quite enjoyable and easy! We love our pictures. He captured all of the right moments. I can't recommend him enough. I would give him and his team more stars if I could.

Services Used: Photography

We absolutely LOVED working with Mike Topham Photography.

My (now) husband and I were so very impressed with Mike’s past experience in photography on Capitol Hill and working alongside Presidents and traveling the world. We knew this wouldn’t just be some random photographer who decided to take photos of weddings, but instead a truly skilled professional.

When we first met with him, we enjoyed his very calm and easy-going yet very professional attitude, and loved his photojournalistic style of capturing candid moments and telling a story through his photo albums. This was just what we were looking for.

We also loved that Mike’s assistant photographer would be his daughter, and he set us up with his OTHER daughter as our videographer! We were happy to work with a family business. They were all SUCH a pleasure to not just work with, but to BE with! Everyone that they interacted with got such a kick out of them and had such nice things to say about them.

Mike’s daughter was great at ‘cheering us on’ during the photos, so everyone stayed alert, looking in the right direction, and on task. This was so helpful during the group photos, because we wanted to get them done as quick as possible since there were so many of us to keep focused. That way we could get back to the wedding action!

Most importantly, Mike and his team produced the most incredible set of photos. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. They have a great eye for capturing the most beautiful and sentimental moments.

I highly recommend.

Services Used: Photography

Mike is an outstanding photographer and did an excellent job photographing my daughter's wedding. Mike and his daughter Ginger took the pictures and his other daughter was the videographer. He stayed very much in the background but was there for all the critical moments throughout the day. I would definitely use his services again in the future.

Catherine
1 Review
06/22/2014

We got our photos back from Mike Topham Photography last week, and we honestly could not be happier. The photos are gorgeous, Mike and his daughter were a pleasure to work with, and I think that my husband and I would both agree that this was some of the best spent money of the whole experience. Even with my husband and I coordinating the wedding from out of state, Mike was still able to work with our schedules for engagement photos and bridal portraits. Great, great experience.

Services Used: Photography

Nancy was my photographer for my OBX beach wedding. The package I purchased included engagement session and was the best pricing I had seen for the beautiful photos the are known to deliver. You can tell Nancy truly loves what she does because she captures everything. She even made sure to get photos of all the kids at the wedding (especially my nephew and goddaughter) which will be great keepsakes for their parents. They are super easy to work with, and they give you the rights to your photos. I absolutely love their work and would HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Services Used: Photography

Mike and Nancy were fabulous!!! Would recommend them to anyone looking for awesome, fun wedding photos!

Kathy
03/15/2014

Mike Topham was the perfect photographer for our daughter's wedding. He was professional, but, yet, brought a sense of calmness to the day. His photographs truly do tell a story. One of the best decisions we made!

Services Used: Photography

Just want to take a minute to say THANK YOU from my husband and myself for the AMAZING job you did at our wedding this past Friday evening!! We LOVED our time with Nancy and Mike and Ginger too :) I can not believe how hard you all worked and how professional you are! From the time you arrived and started clicking away, it never stopped until we got in our getaway car! I am so beyond thrilled with the wedding and can not wait to see how you captured it!!! Way to go Mike Topham Photography, you truly are amazing!!!!! Thank you so very much from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Services Used: Photography

We used Mike Topham for our engagement shoot, and his partner Terry Brown and her daughter for our wedding. Both Mike and Terry are AMAZING! They made us feel so comfortable (and we're awkward picture takers!) and helped us to look our best. At the wedding, all my maids commented on how wonderful Terry was, and they were right. I would absolutely recommend Mike Topham/Terry to anyone - and the price can't be beat. We paid $2200 for 8 hours of photography - way cheaper than a lot of other photographers out there!

Services Used: Photography

Mike and his daughter Nancy were a pleasure to work with. They made us feel very comfortable and their work is beautiful!

Services Used: Photography

My only disapointment is I don't have another wedding to plan. Mike and his staff were wonderful to work with. The photos turned out great. Too many choices.

Services Used: Photography

When we got engaged, I knew right away that I wanted to see if Mike was available for our date as he had done a friend's wedding a few years ago and their photos were just gorgeous. Luckily he was and we couldn't be happier with our experience with him. He has a lot of flexibility within his packages, and we were able to trade out the bridal portrait for more coverage on the day of. He also did our engagement photos which was great because it helped my husband and I get used being "natural" in front of the camera, and since they were such stunning photos we used them for a photo guestbook!

On the day of, he and his daughter Nancy were wonderful to work with. They kept us all on schedule and even helped out with a not so happy flower girl. And although we had discussed our "must have" photos beforehand, they came prepared with additional great ideas for fun poses and action shots and seemed to not miss a single special detail. Needless to say we just got our photo gallery back and even though I knew the photos were going to be spectacular, Mike and Nancy managed to blow my expectations away!! I cannot wait to share our photos with our family and friends:)

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Throughout our wedding planning and all the little details, I was so torn, BUT I knew that I had to have Mike Topham shoot our wedding. Not only were the reviews on various sites very positive, we fell in love with his style and was very impressed by his range of photography. We contacted him immediately when we decided on a date. Mike’s packages and rates were very reasonable and he was easy to talk to. We decided on an engagement session as we did not have any nice pictures of us as a couple. The results from that alone made us realize how right our decision was to choose him as our photographer. Mike and Ellen arrived right on time. Ellen stayed with me while Mike started with my husband’s family pre-ceremony photos. Both of them were always on point, had great ideas, and were not invasive. Ellen was amazing and her calm demeanor helped me prior to the ceremony. She was always aware of how my dress was situated since it had a long chain and was helpful in calling out directives while Mike got the shots he needed. My husband had never had a formal photography session but even he agreed that both Mike and Ellen were easy to work with and didn’t make him feel uncomfortable. Many guests commented on how great Mike & Ellen were and amazed by their professionalism and how detail oriented. One of the most important photos that I wanted was of my four year old niece, who was the flower girl, throwing a lot of rose petals in the sky. Ellen picked up all the petals at the ceremony site and both her and Mike made sure my niece had fun doing it. They also called me over to take a look at some of those photos to ensure that was along the lines I wanted – they were perfect. Bottom line, the cake, flowers, venue, and attire all fades with time but your wedding photography will last a lifetime. I can’t wait to see the moments that Mike and Ellen were able to capture and I know you’ll make the right decision with choosing them!