Mike Topham Photography

Mike Topham Photography

Award winning Documentary style photography.

9400 Charter Crossing
Mechanicsville, VA 23116 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike's daughter Nancy did my engagement photos. She was very professional. She was very easy to get in contact with and did a great job of confirming the appointment with us. The images were beautiful! It was a really fun experience and I can't wait for Nancy to do our wedding photography. She also got the pictures back to us very quickly! Amazing!

• Wedding: [Private]
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike is amazing photographer! He was so enthusiastic about every single shot he took, which made the act of smiling for hours really quite enjoyable and easy! We love our pictures. He captured all of the right moments. I can't recommend him enough. I would give him and his team more stars if I could.

• Wedding: 10/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike is an outstanding photographer and did an excellent job photographing my daughter's wedding. Mike and his daughter Ginger took the pictures and his other daughter was the videographer. He stayed very much in the background but was there for all the critical moments throughout the day. I would definitely use his services again in the future.

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got our photos back from Mike Topham Photography last week, and we honestly could not be happier. The photos are gorgeous, Mike and his daughter were a pleasure to work with, and I think that my husband and I would both agree that this was some of the best spent money of the whole experience. Even with my husband and I coordinating the wedding from out of state, Mike was still able to work with our schedules for engagement photos and bridal portraits. Great, great experience.

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
Catherine
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy was my photographer for my OBX beach wedding. The package I purchased included engagement session and was the best pricing I had seen for the beautiful photos the are known to deliver. You can tell Nancy truly loves what she does because she captures everything. She even made sure to get photos of all the kids at the wedding (especially my nephew and goddaughter) which will be great keepsakes for their parents. They are super easy to work with, and they give you the rights to your photos. I absolutely love their work and would HIGHLY recommend them!!!

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Nancy were fabulous!!! Would recommend them to anyone looking for awesome, fun wedding photos!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just want to take a minute to say THANK YOU from my husband and myself for the AMAZING job you did at our wedding this past Friday evening!! We LOVED our time with Nancy and Mike and Ginger too :) I can not believe how hard you all worked and how professional you are! From the time you arrived and started clicking away, it never stopped until we got in our getaway car! I am so beyond thrilled with the wedding and can not wait to see how you captured it!!! Way to go Mike Topham Photography, you truly are amazing!!!!! Thank you so very much from the bottom of our hearts!!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Mike Topham for our engagement shoot, and his partner Terry Brown and her daughter for our wedding. Both Mike and Terry are AMAZING! They made us feel so comfortable (and we're awkward picture takers!) and helped us to look our best. At the wedding, all my maids commented on how wonderful Terry was, and they were right. I would absolutely recommend Mike Topham/Terry to anyone - and the price can't be beat. We paid $2200 for 8 hours of photography - way cheaper than a lot of other photographers out there!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and his daughter Nancy were a pleasure to work with. They made us feel very comfortable and their work is beautiful!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My only disapointment is I don't have another wedding to plan. Mike and his staff were wonderful to work with. The photos turned out great. Too many choices.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we got engaged, I knew right away that I wanted to see if Mike was available for our date as he had done a friend's wedding a few years ago and their photos were just gorgeous. Luckily he was and we couldn't be happier with our experience with him. He has a lot of flexibility within his packages, and we were able to trade out the bridal portrait for more coverage on the day of. He also did our engagement photos which was great because it helped my husband and I get used being "natural" in front of the camera, and since they were such stunning photos we used them for a photo guestbook!

On the day of, he and his daughter Nancy were wonderful to work with. They kept us all on schedule and even helped out with a not so happy flower girl. And although we had discussed our "must have" photos beforehand, they came prepared with additional great ideas for fun poses and action shots and seemed to not miss a single special detail. Needless to say we just got our photo gallery back and even though I knew the photos were going to be spectacular, Mike and Nancy managed to blow my expectations away!! I cannot wait to share our photos with our family and friends:)

• Wedding: 01/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Throughout our wedding planning and all the little details, I was so torn, BUT I knew that I had to have Mike Topham shoot our wedding. Not only were the reviews on various sites very positive, we fell in love with his style and was very impressed by his range of photography. We contacted him immediately when we decided on a date. Mike’s packages and rates were very reasonable and he was easy to talk to. We decided on an engagement session as we did not have any nice pictures of us as a couple. The results from that alone made us realize how right our decision was to choose him as our photographer. Mike and Ellen arrived right on time. Ellen stayed with me while Mike started with my husband’s family pre-ceremony photos. Both of them were always on point, had great ideas, and were not invasive. Ellen was amazing and her calm demeanor helped me prior to the ceremony. She was always aware of how my dress was situated since it had a long chain and was helpful in calling out directives while Mike got the shots he needed. My husband had never had a formal photography session but even he agreed that both Mike and Ellen were easy to work with and didn’t make him feel uncomfortable. Many guests commented on how great Mike & Ellen were and amazed by their professionalism and how detail oriented. One of the most important photos that I wanted was of my four year old niece, who was the flower girl, throwing a lot of rose petals in the sky. Ellen picked up all the petals at the ceremony site and both her and Mike made sure my niece had fun doing it. They also called me over to take a look at some of those photos to ensure that was along the lines I wanted – they were perfect. Bottom line, the cake, flowers, venue, and attire all fades with time but your wedding photography will last a lifetime. I can’t wait to see the moments that Mike and Ellen were able to capture and I know you’ll make the right decision with choosing them!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was AMAZING to work with. His sweet daughter was one of his assistants for the day and she was an absolute doll! I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone looking for a great photographer!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married on 9-21-12 and from the minute we got engaged back in December of 2012, I knew we were going to have Mike Topham as our photographer. My friends had used him a few years ago for their wedding, and I remember being so impressed with everything he and his team did. Her pictures were beautiful - engagement and wedding. We did the same thing - engagement and wedding shots. The engagement shoot was so much fun in downtown Richmond - near Havanna 59 and then over in Church Hill...early evening so we hit some sunset, and they were beautiful!! The wedding pictures came out amazing. Mike and his daughter were the team that evening, and they both captured so many amazing memories for us...things we never would have thought of. All the shots with my dress, shoes, our rings, etc. were adorable. They literally got pictures of almost ALL of our guests - the couples, husbands/wivies, etc. Which will all make great gifts! His daughter hung out with the ladies while we were getting ready, and Mike hung out with the fellas while they were getting ready. They were so easy to work with and organized. They both remembered everything I mentioned prior to the wedding- the questionaire I filled out with family member and attendent names - who to shoot with who, etc. It was PERFECT! I also recommended Mike to a friend of mine, who's daughter was getting married a week after I was and she went with him as well...she had all wonderful things to say too. Everything he includes in his packages is another bonus - the best bang for your buck around!! I definitely plan on calling on Mike in the future, for other special events in our lives! :)

• Wedding: 09/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Topham did a great job on our engagement photos. He was very reasonably priced and easy to work with. Terry Brown, his partner, photographed our wedding. She was very nice, humorous, and patient. I haven't received the photos yet, as my wedding was this past Saturday, however I cannot wait to see them and have no doubt they came out beautiful (fingers crossed!)

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike & Terry were great. Mike did the engagement photos and it was alot of fun and the pictures were great. Terry did the wedding and she was wonderful to work with.

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
804-285-1979
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards