Mike Topham Photography

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My fiancé is a photographer, so when searching for a photographer, it was his choice, and he made a great choice! Though we haven't gotten married yet, mike did out engagement shoot yesterday evening and it went very well. Mike is amazing at what he does and he makes the photo shoot very comfortable! He actually met with us in Southern Maryland for our photoshoot at 6 pm. He was full of energy and very nice! We can't wait for him to shoot our wedding! For the quality and quantity of photos that you receive, his prices are amazing!

[Private]

Mike's daughter Nancy did my engagement photos. She was very professional. She was very easy to get in contact with and did a great job of confirming the appointment with us. The images were beautiful! It was a really fun experience and I can't wait for Nancy to do our wedding photography. She also got the pictures back to us very quickly! Amazing!

Services Used: Photography

Mike and Nancy were such a joy to work with! They both exhibited so much professionalism and love of their craft. Our engagement photos turned out lovely, despite my fiancé and I talking through all the photos. Mike made us feel completely comfortable and went above and beyond to get great shots.

On our actual wedding day, the two were all but invisible during the ceremony and reception. We did about 90% of the posed photos before the ceremony, so that afterward we could truly enjoy each others, our families and our guests. They gave us clear and friendly suggestions throughout- guiding us through the various poses and arrangements without ever making us feel like we were being ordered around.

Toward the end of the evening they even made the effort to get us back outside where the sky was a beautiful, vivid blue as the sun was about to set for some final, wonderful photos. All in all they were awesome- I'd recommend to anyone who will listen!

Recently Married

We worked with Mike and his daughter, Nancy. They were absolutely wonderful from start to finish. We wanted a "photojournalism" style for our wedding and Mike's portfolio was exactly what we had in mind - we didn't want to spend a lot of time posing for pictures and instead wanted to capture the day. For the short posed session we did have, they were friendly, quick, and Nancy in particular was so awesome with the kids. They were also incredibly flexible - we had to switch up our cocktail hour and ceremony for our outdoor wedding due to weather, and Mike and Nancy rolled with it and put together a last minute "first look" which we weren't planning on. They were so critical in helping our day run smoothly! The pictures have turned out absolutely gorgeous and we couldn't be happier.

Recently Married

We cannot say enough good things about Mike and Nancy. They are true professionals. From the moment they got to our wedding until we got in the car to leave, Mike & Nancy never stopped taking pictures. They are very creative and you can tell he has been around the block several times when it comes to weddings. They were very timely in getting our pictures back to us and very easy to work with. They traveled all the way from Richmond, VA to Lancaster, PA so that shows their dedication to their clients. We would recommend Mike to ANYONE looking for a photographer in the mid-atlantic region. His prices are extremely competitive and you definitely get your bang for your buck. On the day of the wedding they were great at making sure we were moving and on time for what pictures we wanted, etc. We loved Mike & Nancy and can't say enough great things about them!

Services Used: Photography

Mike is amazing photographer! He was so enthusiastic about every single shot he took, which made the act of smiling for hours really quite enjoyable and easy! We love our pictures. He captured all of the right moments. I can't recommend him enough. I would give him and his team more stars if I could.

Services Used: Photography

We absolutely LOVED working with Mike Topham Photography.

My (now) husband and I were so very impressed with Mike’s past experience in photography on Capitol Hill and working alongside Presidents and traveling the world. We knew this wouldn’t just be some random photographer who decided to take photos of weddings, but instead a truly skilled professional.

When we first met with him, we enjoyed his very calm and easy-going yet very professional attitude, and loved his photojournalistic style of capturing candid moments and telling a story through his photo albums. This was just what we were looking for.

We also loved that Mike’s assistant photographer would be his daughter, and he set us up with his OTHER daughter as our videographer! We were happy to work with a family business. They were all SUCH a pleasure to not just work with, but to BE with! Everyone that they interacted with got such a kick out of them and had such nice things to say about them.

Mike’s daughter was great at ‘cheering us on’ during the photos, so everyone stayed alert, looking in the right direction, and on task. This was so helpful during the group photos, because we wanted to get them done as quick as possible since there were so many of us to keep focused. That way we could get back to the wedding action!

Most importantly, Mike and his team produced the most incredible set of photos. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. They have a great eye for capturing the most beautiful and sentimental moments.

I highly recommend.

Services Used: Photography

Mike is an outstanding photographer and did an excellent job photographing my daughter's wedding. Mike and his daughter Ginger took the pictures and his other daughter was the videographer. He stayed very much in the background but was there for all the critical moments throughout the day. I would definitely use his services again in the future.

Catherine
1 Review
06/22/2014

We got our photos back from Mike Topham Photography last week, and we honestly could not be happier. The photos are gorgeous, Mike and his daughter were a pleasure to work with, and I think that my husband and I would both agree that this was some of the best spent money of the whole experience. Even with my husband and I coordinating the wedding from out of state, Mike was still able to work with our schedules for engagement photos and bridal portraits. Great, great experience.

Services Used: Photography

Nancy was my photographer for my OBX beach wedding. The package I purchased included engagement session and was the best pricing I had seen for the beautiful photos the are known to deliver. You can tell Nancy truly loves what she does because she captures everything. She even made sure to get photos of all the kids at the wedding (especially my nephew and goddaughter) which will be great keepsakes for their parents. They are super easy to work with, and they give you the rights to your photos. I absolutely love their work and would HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Services Used: Photography

Mike and Nancy were fabulous!!! Would recommend them to anyone looking for awesome, fun wedding photos!

Kathy
03/15/2014

Mike Topham was the perfect photographer for our daughter's wedding. He was professional, but, yet, brought a sense of calmness to the day. His photographs truly do tell a story. One of the best decisions we made!

Services Used: Photography

Just want to take a minute to say THANK YOU from my husband and myself for the AMAZING job you did at our wedding this past Friday evening!! We LOVED our time with Nancy and Mike and Ginger too :) I can not believe how hard you all worked and how professional you are! From the time you arrived and started clicking away, it never stopped until we got in our getaway car! I am so beyond thrilled with the wedding and can not wait to see how you captured it!!! Way to go Mike Topham Photography, you truly are amazing!!!!! Thank you so very much from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Services Used: Photography

We used Mike Topham for our engagement shoot, and his partner Terry Brown and her daughter for our wedding. Both Mike and Terry are AMAZING! They made us feel so comfortable (and we're awkward picture takers!) and helped us to look our best. At the wedding, all my maids commented on how wonderful Terry was, and they were right. I would absolutely recommend Mike Topham/Terry to anyone - and the price can't be beat. We paid $2200 for 8 hours of photography - way cheaper than a lot of other photographers out there!

Services Used: Photography

Mike and his daughter Nancy were a pleasure to work with. They made us feel very comfortable and their work is beautiful!

Services Used: Photography

My only disapointment is I don't have another wedding to plan. Mike and his staff were wonderful to work with. The photos turned out great. Too many choices.