Reviews (7)
 (4.6/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 5 Reviews
I cannot say enough good things about Michaels. They did such a nice job that i felt compelled to make an account to review them - which I normally would never do.

First and foremost, the food was excellent. Everyone at the wedding was raving about it. We had more vegetarians at our wedding than most probably do so we had ordered a veggie lasagna, which was delicious. But, they also brought a manicotti, free of charge, which was even more delicious, because Sue said they wanted to make sure there was enough food for the vegetarians. As one of the vegetarians, I cannot say much about the chicken or beef we had, other than I heard they were also quite good.

We also had Michaels make our cake. And by cake, I mean we ordered the desert table - with five different cakes and pies. Well, we planned to order five cakes and pies - Sue talked us into adding a sixth, again, free of charge. I tried four of them and was impressed by them all. And the main wedding cake was beautiful.

Sue is really excellent at her job. She seems to really love what she does and wants to make sure everything goes perfectly. She was great at directing us when we were making selections without being pushy. She was honest about what she thought would work based on her years of experience and everything she suggested turned out perfectly. Most of all, she made me feel confident in advance that everything would turn our perfect - which allowed me to relax the week before the wedding.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sue and Chef Michael truly outdid themselves! We had them cater our wedding at a unique location and Sue came out twice to our venue and make sure everything and everyone would fit. She was professional and creative and the best caterer I have ever worked with (I am in the hospitality industry so I have worked with a few!) The food was amazing and our guests all said how much they enjoyed everything. My cake was soo beautiful.
Wedding: 08/25/2012
2.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
This review would be WAY better if it weren't for our interactions with Sue and the fact that my wedding was at my grandparent's home. The stars given are for the rest of the company. The food was great and the wait staff was fantastic.
The main problem was that Sue said no one needed to check out the location before we booked and wouldn't until really close to the date. Then there were all sorts of problems because it's on a hillside. She tried to talk us into having the tables and chairs set up in the gravel driveway which no one wanted. There were some other issues and we had to order more tents and apparently almost didn't have a caterer. I was kept out of the loop (by my family) until the night before the wedding! Not a good surprise!
But with all that being said... yes, I would still recommend them (and already did, actually). The food is great and everyone else was great. I think our situation was unique and that you'd get excellent service most of the time. Just work with their know locations!
Wedding: 09/10/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sue at Michael's Catering and all of their wait staff was wonderful! Sue was so helpful throughout my planning process. She was a gem to work with! The food was delicious! Their customer service was spectacular! I would definitely recommend them- I would also strongly recommend to get everything in writing. Everything was perfect except two things- we were told there would be 2 buffet lines to ensure there was no line up of guests waiting to get food- there was only 1 buffet and there was a line up. We were also told there would be 7-10 vegetarian dishes, chef choice and there was not. I wouldn't have cared about this except they told us 18 months in advance and then confirmed with us 10 days out- so myself and our families told the vegetarians to ask for the vegetarian option- so we were embarrassed that it wasn't available- for whatever reason. One last thing- we order a beef entrée because we were told we could have creamy horseraddish sauce- that also wasn't there.

However- the food that was there was soooo tasty! Best wedding/catered food I had ever tasted! Again- Sue was great! The staff was great! I would use them- just be sure to get EVERYTHING they say in writing!
Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The food was sooo good. I got compliments long after. I can't say enough about the staff. They couldn't have been better. I would highly recommend Michaels to everyone!
Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
the food was terrificl! everyone who was at my reception complimented the beef serloin and chicken marsala. their service was perfect we didnt have any issues at all that night and i truly believe its because chef michael and his wonderful staff went over and beyond!
Wedding: 08/07/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5

MelodiesUn... 5 Reviews
Michael's did an excellent job catering my wedding. We had around 150 people at the reception, and they did appetizers, the main course, desserts and our wedding cake. All the food was exeptional. I think their quality lived up to their prices, we did have a small incident with some of the chicken being dry, but that was quickly removed and taken care of.

The reason I only gave 4 stars for quality of service and professionalism is that a few of the employees were hardly ever doing anything, and they were outside smoking. The rest of the employees took up the slack of those missing, but there was an issue when there was no one to pour the champagne for the toast at the head table. A family friend ended up doing that and I was disapointed with their wait staff in that aspect.

Overall though I would recommend Michael's to anyone, they did an excellent job and made my day stress free!
Wedding: 07/19/2008