Mia Videos

Mia Videos

Favorite
Houston, TX
713.446.2829
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7
1.2

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! This was the absolute worse experience of our wedding! It is very difficult to get in touch with the owner. The website says "At Mia Videos, we are committed to capture the day and make those memories to last forever. Remember communication is the key to have a smooth, stress free wedding and the best work from your vendors." However, there is absolutely NO COMMUNICATION between Virginia, the owner/director, and her clients and she causes nothing BUT stress. We did not receive what we paid for. We were told it would take 4-6 weeks to get our video back. It took 3 1/2 months. When we would ask about the video, she would say it would be ready the next week and it would not come. It was excuse after excuse. Once we finally got our video it looked like an amateur had edited it.
If you want a memorable wedding video DO NOT USE MIA Videos!! You have been warned!!

Services Used: Videography

My overall impression was that - yes, the final product was pretty good, and they were on time for the event and stayed the whole time, but no, I did not get everything that I wanted, it took a long time, and I feel like we could have been more involved in the process.

The good: Very professional. Her team was very easy to work with on the big day. They caught a lot of important shots, and did a great job cutting and editing into watchable footage that wasn't 8 hours long. They camera quality was top notch, and she did provide digital copies of everything after I asked as well as some previews along the way. The quality is way beyond the competition - whom I interviewed before hiring MIA.

The bad: We were not able to be involved in the editing. I realize that there is some creativity that has to happen, but we would have like to suggest important scenes we wanted included or not included. In her defense, she did end up making some edits to the final video at our request. It took over 4 months to get the final video, and it was stressful for us. Again, in her defense, she had a complicated pregnancy, and was hospitalized for a while. Honestly, if that hadn't happened, I'm certain things would have gone more smoothly. Still, she should have just told us it would take another month or two - instead of "next week" - and we would have completely understood. Also, she never did the parent interviews, though we had specifically asked for them. She said they didn't have enough time, but we had booked 2 videographers for 7 hours and I'm not sure how much more time they would have needed. That's a big disappointment, and something we will never be able to replace.

Advice for couples: I would still recommend MIA Videos. I would advise that you be very specific about what is important to you - I likely didn't emphasize enough with all the goings-on. If you don't want Blu-Ray, let her know. And require that you get to "preview" the footage and make small changes.

Recently Married

Virginia was a fantastic videographer! She blended into our wedding day with ease in a very unobtrusive way that was still able to capture all the most meaningful moments. We initially weren't going to have her around for the prep the morning of the wedding but after her recommendation, paid for the extra hours and it was truly worth it for the final product both short clip and long film! She was very easy to work with prior to the day making all arrangements, transportation, paying, etc. The final product came quickly after the wedding and made us cry with how beautiful it was - especially considering my spouse's grandmother couldn't make it and this allowed her to see a bit of our day. Virginia was also very good about adhering to the rules of Catholic Churches and easily remade the DVD's for us when a meaningful part of mass had not made it into the 1st cut due to time and having too much good footage. I initially wasn't going to put videography into the budget (and honestly wound up spending more than intended) but I will say it is one of the best things we have now to relive our special day and worth every penny! We got enough copies of the footage that our parents can also have copies which makes everyone even happier.

Services Used: Videography

MIA videography was just what I needed for my wedding. The team captured my day perfectly and were very professional. My video quality is amazaing as well. Overall, this company will not disappoint and I woukd definitely recommend to others. Thanks!

James
02/01/2014

High quality blue ray video we'll enjoy for a long time.

1+ year ago

When we saw Virginia's videos online and got a quote from her I was pleasantly surprised to find that her price was significantly more reasonable than other vendors and the quality was just as good, arguably better. Watching our full wedding video, I was truly amazed at the quality I was witnessing. Everything is top notch -her talent, the equipment used and the editing. She is also a wonderful person to work with and responds to emails promptly. I would recommend her to all my friends.

Services Used: Videography

You will love to work with MIA VIDEO. I am extremely happy about her work . It couldn't be more perfect. She is amazing and she does exactly what you ask to do.

Megan
10/12/2013

Amazing videography company and I would use again. I love my video so much that I could do without a photographer is I had to choose between the two. You won't regret having a video of your wedding from MIA Videos!!

Sana
08/30/2013

Virginia did an amazing job with a very complicated traditional Indian/Pakistani wedding! She caught everything on video that we wanted from the ceremony to the small details at every event. The final video was exactly what I was looking for and I'm so happy with the final product. I highly recommend her! She is extremely professional and does her job well!

Patty
08/24/2013

Mia Videos was probably the easiest decision about a vendor my husband and I made during the wedding planning process. This is a wonderful videography vendor and I will/do recommend them to any of our family and friends we know who are getting married in the Houston area. Virginia (the owner) is a pure joy to work with. She is so nice!! Moreover, she is incredibly professional yet flexible for her clients. I don't even need to get into the quality of her work. It speaks for its self. My husband and I just watched our videos and I literally felt like I was reliving our wedding day...tears and all! Virginia and her team captured a lot of details and special moments. And she has been doing this long enough to recommend ideal suggestions while filming. If you book Mia Video for your special day, you can be confident that your memories are in good hands.

Omon
08/24/2013

Mia Videos did an excellent job on both of our wedding ceremonies. The videos captured our big day and family/friends were impressed with the quality of the videos. The customer service we received was great, we were very impressed with their flexibility and willingness to work with us and our schedule changes. I would recommend their services to both family and friends.

1+ year ago

Mia Videos was great to work with and did a good job on my wedding video.

Services Used: Videography

Both my fiancé (how husband)and I have grandmothers that are in assisted living facilities so we knew they wouldn't be able to share this day with us in person. Now because of the video we have been able to share our day with them and they are so thankful. The video really captured who we are as people including clips of me joking with my father before the ceremony. My extended family was so impressed by the video and happy that I hadn't sent them a link that would take an hour of their time to watch that my cousin is now attempting to make her 1.5 hour video from another videographer into a 10 minute one. I can't say enough good things about the video. Every time I watch it I can't stop smiling and I know that will be the case for years to come. It was money well spent.

Services Used: Videography

Thank you so much to Virginia and her team! Everyone was so wonderful to work with. One of the biggest things that we loved about the videographers was that on our wedding day we never even noticed them, in a good way. They were never in the way yet they still captured every moment flawlessly! It was so special to get our videos back and re-live our wedding day but also to see all the things we missed!

2+ years ago

MIA videos was very easy to work with. Virginia was very quick to respond and was flexible with me when I needed to change plans a bit. The highlight video is just perfect! I am very pleased with the service that I received and would recommend this vendor to anyone.

Amanda
04/20/2013

Virginia was easy to work with, friendly, and captured our special day beautifully. We just watched our video last night and are thrilled with the result! I didn't realize how many little moments I missed in the craziness of the day. So glad we have these memories to enjoy forever.