Mayernik Center - Avonworth Community Park

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.4 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ladies that run the Mayernik are awesome! I actually had the opportunity to work with Laurie, Robin, and Chaundel. Laurie was great for accomodating a few special requests when I realized we would be losing an hour of daylight the weekend of our wedding. Robin always emailed/called back with every answer I needed very quickly. I was super nervous because it wasn't known who my coordinator was going to be until the end, and I turned out having two different gals. Everything went off beautifully! Chaundel and Laurie both kept us on track, got us everything we needed, and were just phenomenal. The venue looked beautiful for a fall wedding! This place and their coordinators are amazing!

• Flexibility: 4.0

Such a beautiful venue! For me, it was a great location, as well!! It's a rustic venue with classy finishes. The service of the wedding coordinator was top of the line! Throughout the entire reception, she would serve of beverages, took any phone calls, and handled any and all issues that arose. The only "downfall" (and I say this with little to no complaining...) is that you are only permitted to decorate the day of your event. As a very specific bride, this was tough because I couldn't decorate the hall for my wedding. But I had lots of help from my mom and family so it all worked out!!! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful, rustic place!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Julie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Shandrell dod everything to make our day smooth and amazing. She even entertained some of the kids at the wedding and went above and beyond. She made my flower girls day when they got to do flower arrangements this was well above and beyond what we could have ever dreamt. The venue is georgous!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
kristin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laurie was great she was so helpful and understanding. Eased our worries and calmed our nerves!!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our ceremony and reception was at the Mayernik Center in Avonworth Community Park and it was... PERFECT!! The staff was also amazing. They were extremely responsive and helpful. Chandel helped us out on the day of the wedding and she was great! I also was in contact with Robin and she was so responsive and extremely helpful. Our day was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding :)

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We booked the Mayernik Center in May 2013 for our July 2014 wedding. We went through at least 3 different event coordinators, but the lastone was the most helpful. We were able to set up the day before because we had our event on a Friday. The space is absolutely beautiful and so are the grounds surrounding the building. Overall, we had a fantastic night that every one of our guests were complimenting us on for days.

• Wedding: 07/18/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Overall a fantastic place for a wedding! Shawndell (wedding coordinator) was beyond helpful on our wedding day. She made sure we ate dinner, kept our drinks coming and even saved my ring bearer from having a meltdown before he walked down the aisle! She was amazing. The only downfall is that you can't have rehearsals on Fridays because they have weddings that day. You also can't attach decorations to any part of the woodwork, but the natural beauty saves money on décor! Great service, easy to work with, and also affordable.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

This Venue was perfect for our June Wedding! We worked with Laurie & Chaundel and both wonderful! Laurie basically books the place and tells you all the details. The venue only holds 200 people which is reasonable. Also they charge you $2.95 per person for soda. (which is a little much) Chaundel is you coordinator for your rehearsal and for the day of. She was absolutely wonderful! She made the day go so smoothly. Any time I was low on a drink she had one ready for me! She was awesome. I would highly recommend this venue. Just book in advance because they book up fast because it is so beautiful!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue with hardworking, caring and responsive event planners who make sure your day is perfect! Really loved the atmosphere and how helpful Laurie and the other event planner was (sorry I cannot remember her name! But they are all amazing!)

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mayernik Center was the MOST amazing venue for our wedding. It was everything we hoped it would be. The coordinators there couldn't have been more wonderful to work with and making sure that everything that day went smoothly and was very memorable.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Mayernik Center is beautiful! The surrounding park has a lot of cute locations to take pictures as well, so you don't have to go anywhere else. Chandel was extremely helpful throughout the process, and even came through with umbrellas for us when it started to rain in the middle of our outdoor pictures! My advice- book early! We started looking in July 2012 and all of 2013 was already booked by then.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married at the center (we rented the pavilion) on 5/2/14 and it was the most memorable day of my life. The Mayernik Center staff (Laurie B and Chaundel) were amazing to work with. My family is still raving about Chaundel. She ran her butt off for us that night (she insisted!). They were quick getting back with our questions prior to the wedding and helped to make sure that every detail was ready for the big day. Day of, Chaundel was there bright and early to assist with everything (Decorations, deliveries, etc.). I cant express how she helped make the day so perfect. She really has a grasp on what it takes to put together a wedding. The scenery around the center makes for awesome pictures. I am so happy we chose this for our venue.

• Wedding: 05/02/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing venue. Staff is fantastic and loved the whole rustic theme. My wedding was absolutely stunning so my positive comments on the hall. Absolutely loved The Mayernik Center. Laurie was totally awesome, made the reception run smooth.

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I originally booked, I booked with Suzi by referral. A few months later when I called she no longer worked at the Mayernik, this was a bit confusing since I was re-directed to a new person named Chaundel and had to go through some of the same processes. Long story short, in the end it all worked out, I had the most amazing reception, everyone was very accommodating from the Mayernik and worked so well with myself and my husband! All guests were promptly greeted and directed as they should have been. The beverage system seems a bit over priced, and the seating chart could have been sent before the week of the wedding, but other than those two minor things the venue and staff is incredible.

1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

The Mayernik was beautiful, staff on the other hand was very hard to get in touch with, difficult to work with in setting up table, beer and soda very expensive, kept security deposit for taking an extra 45 minutes to take everything out after reception. Muddy parking lot as well.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
412-766-1700
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards