Mayernik Center - Avonworth Community Park

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

The venue was beautiful! Robin and Lauri were very helpful and quick to respond. We had a great time!

Carly
07/11/2015

Best value for such a beautiful setting! Loved my venue choice!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

What a wonderful venue to celebrate our wedding on July 2, 2015! Our entire ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. It was great to have options for different caterers so that we could work out a budget and cusomize our wedding to match our vision for the event. It was such a pleasure working with the event coordinator Robin, who handled all of the details professionally and graciously. She worked well with our officiant, caterer, and DJ to make sure everything went smoothly, and was sure to handle all the details so we could enjoy our day. She had responsive communication and made sure we understood all the details, and stayed throughout the event to take care of everything from set up to break down. Our guests gave us a lot of positive feedback about the beautiful facility, and everyone had a great time. We have several friends who also had their weddings at Mayernik, and they all had great experiences. I will definitely recommend The Mayernik Center as a top notch venue for an unforgetttable wedding.

Recently Married

My husband and I fell in love with this reception venue on a very snowy day when we were starting to plan our wedding. So many of our guests had the same experience when they arrived. We received a lot of compliments about the facilities. It was so beautiful there and the staff was so helpful. Our wedding day coordinator was fantastic. She and our DJ worked well to keep everything on time and even help me get some of the blue dye off of my feet from my shoes.

Mrs. Bejster
Recently Married

We just had our wedding reception at the Mayernik, May 23rd, 2015. The ladies were all so very nice and quick to respond. At first I considered this venue to be a little more on the expensive side but they have a day of coordinator that was worth the cost to rent the place. Our "day of" was Chandelle (sorry if it is misspelled) and she was absolutely incredible. She took care of everything, made sure issues were taken care of so that my husband and I could enjoy our time, made sure my glass was always full, and did a fast and fantastic job at the end of the night getting us out the door. We could not be more thankful to her for making our reception wonderful and beautiful. Like I said she was worth the cost of the Mayernik. Thanks so much to all the ladies that were involved in the coordination of our event. I gave 2 stars for flexibility because there are a lot of rules here, but that did not deter us and our reception was amazing! Would definitely recommend for a chic rustic wedding in PGH!!!

Recently Married

The ladies that run the Mayernik are awesome! I actually had the opportunity to work with Laurie, Robin, and Chaundel. Laurie was great for accomodating a few special requests when I realized we would be losing an hour of daylight the weekend of our wedding. Robin always emailed/called back with every answer I needed very quickly. I was super nervous because it wasn't known who my coordinator was going to be until the end, and I turned out having two different gals. Everything went off beautifully! Chaundel and Laurie both kept us on track, got us everything we needed, and were just phenomenal. The venue looked beautiful for a fall wedding! This place and their coordinators are amazing!

1 person found this review helpful
Julie
10/25/2014

Such a beautiful venue! For me, it was a great location, as well!! It's a rustic venue with classy finishes. The service of the wedding coordinator was top of the line! Throughout the entire reception, she would serve of beverages, took any phone calls, and handled any and all issues that arose. The only "downfall" (and I say this with little to no complaining...) is that you are only permitted to decorate the day of your event. As a very specific bride, this was tough because I couldn't decorate the hall for my wedding. But I had lots of help from my mom and family so it all worked out!!! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful, rustic place!

kristin
09/14/2014

Shandrell dod everything to make our day smooth and amazing. She even entertained some of the kids at the wedding and went above and beyond. She made my flower girls day when they got to do flower arrangements this was well above and beyond what we could have ever dreamt. The venue is georgous!

1+ year ago

We had both the ceremony and reception at the Mayernik Center. We also had first pick on the pavilion which thankfully we did book. I was able to switch the location of the ceremony from the lawn to the pavilion at the last minute because it poured down rain all day during our wedding. The log-cabin feel certainly fit our personality with an upscale feel. Our wedding lesion from the Mayernik center was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. She made sure everything was in order and i didn't have to worry about anything. She even packed food for us as a midnight snack for our wedding night. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone for their wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laurie was great she was so helpful and understanding. Eased our worries and calmed our nerves!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our ceremony and reception was at the Mayernik Center in Avonworth Community Park and it was... PERFECT!! The staff was also amazing. They were extremely responsive and helpful. Chandel helped us out on the day of the wedding and she was great! I also was in contact with Robin and she was so responsive and extremely helpful. Our day was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding :)

4.2

We booked the Mayernik Center in May 2013 for our July 2014 wedding. We went through at least 3 different event coordinators, but the lastone was the most helpful. We were able to set up the day before because we had our event on a Friday. The space is absolutely beautiful and so are the grounds surrounding the building. Overall, we had a fantastic night that every one of our guests were complimenting us on for days.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overall a fantastic place for a wedding! Shawndell (wedding coordinator) was beyond helpful on our wedding day. She made sure we ate dinner, kept our drinks coming and even saved my ring bearer from having a meltdown before he walked down the aisle! She was amazing. The only downfall is that you can't have rehearsals on Fridays because they have weddings that day. You also can't attach decorations to any part of the woodwork, but the natural beauty saves money on décor! Great service, easy to work with, and also affordable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This Venue was perfect for our June Wedding! We worked with Laurie & Chaundel and both wonderful! Laurie basically books the place and tells you all the details. The venue only holds 200 people which is reasonable. Also they charge you $2.95 per person for soda. (which is a little much) Chaundel is you coordinator for your rehearsal and for the day of. She was absolutely wonderful! She made the day go so smoothly. Any time I was low on a drink she had one ready for me! She was awesome. I would highly recommend this venue. Just book in advance because they book up fast because it is so beautiful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue with hardworking, caring and responsive event planners who make sure your day is perfect! Really loved the atmosphere and how helpful Laurie and the other event planner was (sorry I cannot remember her name! But they are all amazing!)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mayernik Center was the MOST amazing venue for our wedding. It was everything we hoped it would be. The coordinators there couldn't have been more wonderful to work with and making sure that everything that day went smoothly and was very memorable.