Matthew Sowa Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

While I'm not the type to typically take the time to write reviews, this one is necessary. I can't say enough about our experience with Matthew Sowa and Team for our wedding on 4/12/2015. Not only was he flexible in his packages/pricing which helped, but his passion for his art is contagious. He showed up early and made the most use of his time while he was with us.. He was familiar with our venue so knew the great spots readily available. And the best part, was he surprised us just a short 10 days a later with 67 "sneak peak" photos to feed our need to relive the wedding asap (without us even having to ask!).

I am getting constant compliments on the photos which, at the end of the day, is all you have! Definitely hire Matthew Sowa for your wedding....he is top notch!!

Services Used: Photography

If you are looking for high quality wedding photos that can be featured in top magazines then Matthew Sowa and his team are amazing!! They will not stop taking pictures...I don't even remember them taking a break at our wedding. They captured every person I invited to the wedding and every moment I hoped to see in print. I was so impressed with his work that I wish I was getting married again to get even more pictures. All the photographs really capture the moment in a fun, drama-filled and/or romantic way. Matt see's what no one else see's...until you get the images after your wedding is over...then you really appreciate the talent he has. He is not an ordinary photographer...he is an artist that always has to get that perfect shot...it really shows in the final outcome.

Services Used: Photography

Matthew was beyond amazing for both my engagement pictures and my wedding pictures. Not only were they both edited and send back to me in a very timely matter, but they came out amazing! He was wonderful to work with and a true artistic genius behind the lens. Highly recommend!

1 Review
2+ years ago

Based on all of the previous reviews here on The knot it should not be a surprise that Matt really is one of The BEST NYC photographer!

We didn't have a location in mind to shoot on our wedding day . We really relied on Matt and his ideas to come up with unique, beautiful locations and he came up with some amazing locations for us and our large bridal party to shoot at.He made the entire process enjoyable and comfortable both for us and our entire party. Both him and his assistant Ralph were amazing to work with and helped us out. We are so thankful that we chose to work Matthew Sowa Photography and we would recommend them to all our friends in need of a photographer. Best choice ever!

Services Used: Photography

Matthew Sowa is an fantastic photographer with amazing eye. He and his assistant photographed our big day last July. His work shows the quality and diversity. The photographs are remarkable with of fashion look and photojournalism impact....

Services Used: Photography

I'm writing a review for Matthew Sowa Photography because I feel by sharing my experiences.If you are looking for a photo-journalistic approach to your wedding with vogue image elements.He will be the right choice.I just adore Matt's creative eye and his easy approach. Matthew Sowa captured all special moments and emotions. When reminiscing over our photos, it feels like I’m re-living our wedding day. I love,love love...

2+ years ago

Matt & his team did such a great job on my wedding and the engagement session. They were always very professional and responsive.. Ralf the second photographer did an amazing job, shooting the guys durring the preperation. I have gotten over 1000 pictures to choose from for my album and am definitely having a hard time with it, because they are all so great. I would highly recommend Matthew Sowa Photography...

1 Review
2+ years ago

I love Matt and his photography.He photographed our wedding last May and we had amazing time him and his assistant full of ideas.His images speak for himself they are fresh and imaginative. After meetings with many other photographers we realized, that Matthew Sowa is only one!

Services Used: Photography

Great person to work with! Professional, great attention to detail and fun!!

2+ years ago

I got married on November 17th 2012. When my husband and I were in the process of looking for a photographer, we came across Mathew Sowa. From the moment we looked through his photos, we knew we had to have him be apart of our wedding day.
A few words that could describe Mathew are amazing, an artist and a true gentlemen. He did everything on our wedding day to make us feel comfortable while at the same time capturing our special moments with his camera. Mathew made me feel so comfortable in front of the camera when otherwise I am quite shy. Time went so fast on our wedding day, but I am so comforted to know I will always have these beautiful moments captured in these amazing pictures. I can honestly say it was a true privilege to work with someone so graceful and talented. I look forward to working with Mathew again and would recommend him to any bride that is getting married.

Services Used: Photography

May sound strange coming from a bride but  - I never wanted a wedding. The day I decided that I cannot live if I don't have one was the day that I first saw Matthew Sowa's work. My now husband and I planned our wedding day around Matthew's availability. We would do so a million more times if we had to. In fact, we consider ourselves incredibly privileged and lucky to even be able to book Matthew for a day. He is busy for a reason!  His talent is unreal. I don't even have to mention it, it's enough to look at just one of his photos. When they say that a picture is worth a thousand words......., you should know that Matthew Sowa's picture will make you speechless.

Services Used: Photography

Matthew Sowa is an artist. He sees the world through the lens of his camera and boy, is that world sexy! We were so enamored by Matthew's work that we broke the contract with the original photographer that we had picked just to work with him. His passionate yet calm demeanor is so comforting. He does not force you into awkward poses or push his style on you. He simply follows you with the camera and lightly nudges certain actions: "Show me how you embrace each other", "Kiss each other and show her how much you love her." Our engagement and wedding photos were so emotional and natural and showed our true selves. We have received so many compliments on our photos - they are unparalleled.

The day of the wedding - Matthew had a fire in his eyes! His ideas, enthusiasm and passion for his work were everywhere! He was jumping on tables, rolling in the grass and stopping traffic to get his desired shots! What amazing memories he has captured for us!

I can't wait for our pregnancy shoot!

Services Used: Photography

Matthew was a pleasure to work with. He has such an eye for photography and takes stunning pictures! You can see his thought process and how he's constantly thinking about the next great shot. I highly recommend him if you are looking for someone to capture your special day and give you pictures that will help you reminisce in the future! He's the best of the best!

Magdalena
09/01/2012

If you are looking for wedding photos that can be featured in Vogue, this is your guy. When it comes to photography, I don't think it can get better than this. He is a true artist, you can see it in his eyes, he has a vision and he gets really excited and has to get that perfect shot every time. His photos are so real and every one of them feels like a million dollar shot. Very glad he captured our wedding. These memories can now last forever, in style. :)

2+ years ago

My husband and I just got married about a month ago. We are so very grateful to find Matthew Sowa.He and his team are very professional and super duper nice to work ! He responded to our correspondences very promptly. Some photographers took days to get back to me. And accountability is so important of being a pro photographer. In addition, Matt is extremely good at journalistic photography. My husband is very camera shy. So I need Matt to capture my hubby's emotions naturally instead of having him posing in front of the camera. And he did it beautifully!!! The wedding pix turned out to be gorgeous! I am having a very difficult time to pick my favorites to go into the album! I also highly recommend to have Matthew Sowa to design the album. The sample he showed me is top notch!!! Matt thank you so much for being part of our wedding! You are always highly recommmended !Best Iwon & Rob

2+ years ago

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Matthew on our wedding day. My wedding party said it was the first time they actually had fun while taking pictures. He didn't make us stand in ridiculous poses, he shot mostly candids - and when he did direct us to do something, it was enjoyable. He is a true artist and his passion for photography is evident through his amazing pictures. We cannot wait to get our album!