Main Event Weddings

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Main Events for DJ, photography, and Videography for our October wedding. All of the services were outstanding! The DJ (Bob) kept everyone up on the dance floor the whole night... our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. The Photo Booth was a hit with the wedding guests and we have a copy of all of the photos and video messages. The photographers (Michelle and Adam) were amazing... Same Day Photography was a wonderful way to end the night, seeing a slideshow of our wedding day photos at the end of the reception. Michelle went above and beyond her role as a photographer, helping me with my hair and dress to make sure we had the perfect pictures for our day. I would recommend Main Events to anyone who is looking in the RI/CT area (they traveled to CT for my wedding). We could not have asked for a better experience!

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

We used Michelle as a our photographer and Bob as our DJ. We were excited to use them as they had done a fantastic job for a friend of ours a couple years' prior. However, it seems between then and now they've became a lot more popular, money hungry and have lost a bit of what made them special before. Overall we got some nice images and we had a ton of dancing at our wedding which was great, but we definitely have some regrets that could have been avoided if their communication and responsiveness had been better throughout the planning process and if they hadn't been so selfish on our wedding day. Details below:

PROS:
- images that were taken came out beautiful and they were very professional.
- Bob played good music and kept people dancing most of the night
- Same day photo edit was a nice touch

CONS:
- Lack of responsiveness throughout the planning process. Forget email or phone- facebook is the best way to get a response.
- Photos took way too long to get back...15+ weeks with no apologies.
- Photos that were REALLY important for us to capture during the day that we listed in our form and mentioned didn't get taken, but we were dragged away from our reception several times to get hundreds of photos of just the two of us. In addition, we paid for 2 photographers to make sure we got photos of both us AND our guests. We have VERY few photos of our guests which is a shame since we were hoping to relive some of what we missed. At times it seems like Michelle was more into building her portfolio than capturing the images that we told her meant the most to us.
-DJ: 1/2 of our TV/photo monitors were not working most of the night. :(
- Bob was asked several times by our coordinator to start traditions at given times (father daughter dance, etc.) He ignored the requests and as a result my father didn't have a beer until 11pm-when the father daughter dance FINALLY ended. He seemed more interested in his agenda vs. what had been agreed for our wedding.

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event was the DJ for our wedding at the Aldrich Mansion. The DJ, Bob, had everyone on the dance floor all night. People of all ages were out there dancing. Bob was familiar with the venue and knew how to work the introductions, first dance, and other traditions perfectly. Our friends are getting married next weekend and Bob is the DJ again and we just can't wait!

Michelle at Main Event was the photographer for our wedding. Michelle did an amazing job at our wedding. Michelle was familiar with our ceremony location as well as our reception location. This was very helpful because Michelle knew where to take the best pictures. Michelle took all the photos that I requested and the photos came out amazing. The website does say about an 8-12 week turnaround for photos and it was a little over 12 weeks for our photos. I wish we could have got them sooner, but they were worth the wait!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used main event weddings for photography, dj, lighting, videography, and photo booth. We had such a wonderful experience with them we can't say enough great things! From day one bob and Michelle treated us like family, they came all the way to NJ for our engagement shoot, sat through countless retakes of our video love story, and went above and beyond the day of our wedding. They have amazingly creative ideas and a wonderful staff of people that they work with. Our day went off without a hitch and we couldn't be happier with the end result, our guests danced all night, the photo booth was a huge hit, the up lighting looked great, and so far what we've seen of the video and photos is phenomenal, we can't wait to see them all! They're a very talented group and we are so thankful we chose them for our big day. Thank you guys so much! Xoxo

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We chose Michelle as our photographer overall I was happy with her work and my pictures came out great.

Cons: we had a hard time getting in touch with her and she never seemed to respond to emails or return calls. She told us turnaround time for pictures would be 8 weeks and the weeks kept getting pushed back. In the end it took almost double that time to get our pictures. I wouldn't have minded if she was more realistic up front. We had a summer wedding and were hoping to give pictures as gifts for Christmas, but were not able to. We were very excited to see our pictures. A few of our friends got married around the same time and used different photographers and all paid less. Most of them got their pictures back within 2 weeks and those that did not got a preview of about 20-30 pictures to tide them over. Something like that would have been great.

The day of our wedding she seemed miserable and didn't smile once. This didn't overly bother me, however, it is your wedding day and everyone is happy and having a good time. All our other vendors were pleasant so I would say this is another negative.

Lastly, we got the photobooth through Main Event and I was very disappointed with the photo booth assistant. He didn't tell people about the video feature of the photobooth and was missing from the booth for good chunks of time. He only brought one glue stick and it apparently broke half way through the night so the book was only half done. I was really excited about the photobooth and having an album from our wedding that night, but the book he put together was no better than a toddlers work.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event Weddings did a great job at my daughter's wedding. Michelle Carpenter is the photographer. She is very creative in her photography technique. She uses everything around her as a backdrop for her pictures and the result is amazing. Her creativity is limitless and the end result outstanding. She encompasses both traditional and a more contemporary format. Bob Carpenter was our DJ. Bob is an excellent DJ. Both he and Michelle know how to keep the party going.

• Wedding: 09/16/2012
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michelle is a truly talented photographer! She handled difficult lighting situations well, producing stunning photos of our outdoor ceremony, and not only masterfully coordinated our formal photos in a tight time frame but also got everyone to loosen up and have fun with it. We LOVE how our photos turned out.

Michelle was also an extremely calming and warm presence to have by my side during the wedding - when my bustle broke before the reception, she was there with my bridesmaids fixing the mini-emergency. I highly recommend Michelle!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What does one say about Michelle and Bob and their staff? Exceptional service, wonderful music, tremendous photographs and the best fun at a wedding. I am the mother of the bride and am so happy that we selected this couple for my daughter's wedding. They both made the day a tremendous success and they both are truly vested in getting to know the family before the wedding. What they say is true: You become part of their family and that statement is reflected in the quality of their work! Hire these folks if you can and you will not be disappointed. Thanks so much to both of you.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about this amazing team. The entire Main Event team helped make our wedding day just perfect. Michelle is an amazing photographer (see my comments on her review page!), Bobby is a perfect DJ for those parties that never want to sit down and want to dance the night away! He doesn't play what he wants he feels out the guests and plays what they will respond to most! (his workout mixes are top notch too!) He also creates new and fresh ideas from video messages to guests, lighting, etc! Jeremy did a great job capturing our day on video and the photo booth kept our guests busy creating pictures and memories for us to enjoy for years to come! I especially liked that the photo booth allowed for video messages too! This team excels at what they offer and they truly enjoy what they do! We created an amazing relationship with them during the planning and day of. A relationship that is so close and work that is so exceptional that my sister has asked them to capture her wedding day in 2014! They care about their clients and work with you to make sure your day is just perfect! They are constantly thinking of new ideas and new ways to bring their products to their brides/grooms! We would highly recommend the entire team and can't wait to work with you again at my sister's wedding and for years to come!

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not ask for better pictures from my wedding! Renee was quick with getting people's photos taken and moving right along so we could get to our reception even with quite a large bridal party. When we got the pictures back I was pleasantly surprised at how great they were edited and what a large selection received! She is very friendly too and down to earth so it wasn't strictly professional, but she knew how to have fun as well! Thanks Renee, Michelle and Bobby!

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We fell in love with the staff at Main Event the minute we met them. What was meant to be a brief meeting turned into a couple of hours and our hopes and dreams of an amazing wedding were solidified! Renee from Main Event called me the week before the wedding we touched base on exactly what photo's should be taken and which to avoid. The day of Renee was in the right place at the right time and went about her business taking all the shots that even I had forgotten about. I also had photo's done with Michelle from Main Event and I honestly can't wait to see the wedding photo's I know they are going to leave me speachless!!! They also provided a photobooth for us and let me just say - every single guest said what an amazing and fun time they had in there!!!

MEW also provided our DJ services! Kenny was amazing and never missed a beat!!! The party kept going right up until midnight and everyone had a blast. I can't thank Bob, Michelle, Renee and Kenny enough for the amazing heart and soul they put into making our wedding everything we wanted and more!!!

• Wedding: 05/27/2012
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event Weddings is an incredible, talented, and exciting team to work with. They absolutely know what they're doing and their passion for what they do truly shows in their end results. We worked with Michelle Carpenter as our Photographer and I can't tell you how many compliments she received during and after the wedding for all of her work. I highly recommend her for the job because she has everything it takes to give you the memories in your photos that I feel every Bride deserves. The day goes by way too fast and her photos will tell the story which I for one will cherish forever. Second, we worked with Bob Carpenter (our DJ) who is the perfect spokesman to make announcements, he's full of energy and personality, and he cares about one thing - bringing the life to party!!! He fits the perfect description for what a professional DJ should deliver to any and every wedding so we absolutely recommend him 100%. Third we chose to go with a video and again my compliments go to Main Event as a team because Jeremy Abrams who shot our video worked perfectly with Michelle and Bob to create another memory for us by capturing all of the highlighted moments on our wedding day. Finally, we totally rocked the Photo Booth throughout the entire reception and it was such a big hit, I feel like it's basically the THING to do now :)!!!!!!! Overall - it's amazing that one company, MAIN EVENT WEDDINGS, has ALL of the above and more to offer. The best decision we made for our special day!!!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!! :)

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Michelle as our photographer and Bobby as our DJ - and could not be ANY happier with that decision!! Talk about a Dream Team! As soon as we had our initial meeting with them, we knew they needed to be involved in our special day - they were so fun and passionate about their work and we knew they would bring that energy to our wedding. Main Event made it easy for us to tailor the music and images to our taste, through their website as well as a follow-up meeting - we went into that day at complete ease, knowing that our music and photos would turn out amazing. We were never more right! Michelle was a blast to hang out with through the day and even turned into an emergency hair stylist for me when the wind pulled my veil out! We were blown away when we saw all of the images she captured - she brought every memory we had to life and now we get to relive them always. All of our guests are STILL raving at how amazing our DJ was, the floor was packed all night. DJ Bobby also played the music for our ceremony and went above and beyond by adding some staging and lighting to the space to give it a more romantic feel - we had never even thought to do that and I was blown away when I walked through the door to say I Do. The uplighting throughout our entire ceremony was amazing too - looking back through the photos now it just looks like a kaleidoscope of colors across the images! I can not stress enough how much I would recommend Main Event to any bride and groom!! You will not be disappointed!!

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved all of our Main Event staff for our wedding. We had Renee as our photographer, Kenny as our DJ, and Mike as our videographer. All three of them did an outstanding job for our wedding and we would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Michelle for our photography, Bob for our DJ, and Jeremy for our videography. Main Event was always so professional and so easy to get a hold of via email or phone.

Michelle: She's amazing. We especially loved her ability to handle our large group of attendants and to keep things moving. I can't comment on our wedding pictures yet since we haven't got them back, but we used Michelle for our engagement session and absolutely adore our pictures. I'm confident that we'll love our wedding pictures, too. And not only is she a great photographer, she has such a fun personality, which is absolutely necessary on your wedding day since you spend so much time with your photographer.

Bob: Also amazing. He kept the dance floor full all night long. I was a little nervous that people wouldn't dance at our venue because the dance floor was the foyer of a mansion, but no one seemed to care with all the great music he played!

Jeremy: I can't wait to see his video. He was quietly in the background all day, so I didn't get to know him as well as Bob and Michelle. Nonetheless, he was so easy to work with. He was also very professional about calling me the day before the wedding to finalize the details and to see if I needed anything else from him.

Bottom line: Main Event is awesome! They are professional, fun, and their prices are reasonable for the quality of service you get. We highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are sooo happy that we chose Main Event Weddings to be apart of our wedding day!! THANK YOU Bob, Michelle, Renee and Jeremy for AMAZING results!! One of the best things about choosing Main Event is that we were able to use one vendor for all our services!! It was one of the best decisions! After experiencing the work of Main Event Weddings at a friends wedding, my husband and I were positive we wanted to have them be part of our wedding day! From the moment we left our first meeting with Bob and Michelle we were so excited to work with them and knew we made the best decision!! I had already looked at every possible wedding picture that Michelle had taken and LOVED her work! Although we had never experienced Bob in action prior to our wedding, we had watched many of his wedding clips and knew he would be perfect! Days leading up, they kept in contact and made sure all of the final details were set and ready for a perfect day ahead! Michelle, along with Renee, did an amazing job!! We absolutely LOVE all of our pictures!! ~wish we could frame every single one! They both captured so many details that we even missed that day! It is definitely worth having two photographers to get every shot! Thank you!! And Bob definitely got the party started and got our guests on the dance floor and kept them there all night!! We had so much fun~Didn't want it to ever end!! Thank you!! We have since watched our video many times! We love it! Thank you Jeremy! It captures so many moments that we will cherish forever! We could not be happier with our choice in using Main Event!! They are so personable, professional and passionate about what they do!!! We absolutely recommend all three services!!

THANK YOU!!!
XOXO Chris and Cara

• Wedding: 09/11/2010
800-915-9225
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire