Main Event Weddings

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We used main event weddings for photography, dj, lighting, videography, and photo booth. We had such a wonderful experience with them we can't say enough great things! From day one bob and Michelle treated us like family, they came all the way to NJ for our engagement shoot, sat through countless retakes of our video love story, and went above and beyond the day of our wedding. They have amazingly creative ideas and a wonderful staff of people that they work with. Our day went off without a hitch and we couldn't be happier with the end result, our guests danced all night, the photo booth was a huge hit, the up lighting looked great, and so far what we've seen of the video and photos is phenomenal, we can't wait to see them all! They're a very talented group and we are so thankful we chose them for our big day. Thank you guys so much! Xoxo
Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Unique Services (Other)
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 1 Reviews
We chose Michelle as our photographer overall I was happy with her work and my pictures came out great.

Cons: we had a hard time getting in touch with her and she never seemed to respond to emails or return calls. She told us turnaround time for pictures would be 8 weeks and the weeks kept getting pushed back. In the end it took almost double that time to get our pictures. I wouldn't have minded if she was more realistic up front. We had a summer wedding and were hoping to give pictures as gifts for Christmas, but were not able to. We were very excited to see our pictures. A few of our friends got married around the same time and used different photographers and all paid less. Most of them got their pictures back within 2 weeks and those that did not got a preview of about 20-30 pictures to tide them over. Something like that would have been great.

The day of our wedding she seemed miserable and didn't smile once. This didn't overly bother me, however, it is your wedding day and everyone is happy and having a good time. All our other vendors were pleasant so I would say this is another negative.

Lastly, we got the photobooth through Main Event and I was very disappointed with the photo booth assistant. He didn't tell people about the video feature of the photobooth and was missing from the booth for good chunks of time. He only brought one glue stick and it apparently broke half way through the night so the book was only half done. I was really excited about the photobooth and having an album from our wedding that night, but the book he put together was no better than a toddlers work.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Main Event Weddings did a great job at my daughter's wedding. Michelle Carpenter is the photographer. She is very creative in her photography technique. She uses everything around her as a backdrop for her pictures and the result is amazing. Her creativity is limitless and the end result outstanding. She encompasses both traditional and a more contemporary format. Bob Carpenter was our DJ. Bob is an excellent DJ. Both he and Michelle know how to keep the party going.
Wedding: 09/16/2012
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Lighting & Decor, Videography
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Michelle is a truly talented photographer! She handled difficult lighting situations well, producing stunning photos of our outdoor ceremony, and not only masterfully coordinated our formal photos in a tight time frame but also got everyone to loosen up and have fun with it. We LOVE how our photos turned out.

Michelle was also an extremely calming and warm presence to have by my side during the wedding - when my bustle broke before the reception, she was there with my bridesmaids fixing the mini-emergency. I highly recommend Michelle!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
Services Used: Photography, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What does one say about Michelle and Bob and their staff? Exceptional service, wonderful music, tremendous photographs and the best fun at a wedding. I am the mother of the bride and am so happy that we selected this couple for my daughter's wedding. They both made the day a tremendous success and they both are truly vested in getting to know the family before the wedding. What they say is true: You become part of their family and that statement is reflected in the quality of their work! Hire these folks if you can and you will not be disappointed. Thanks so much to both of you.
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough about this amazing team. The entire Main Event team helped make our wedding day just perfect. Michelle is an amazing photographer (see my comments on her review page!), Bobby is a perfect DJ for those parties that never want to sit down and want to dance the night away! He doesn't play what he wants he feels out the guests and plays what they will respond to most! (his workout mixes are top notch too!) He also creates new and fresh ideas from video messages to guests, lighting, etc! Jeremy did a great job capturing our day on video and the photo booth kept our guests busy creating pictures and memories for us to enjoy for years to come! I especially liked that the photo booth allowed for video messages too! This team excels at what they offer and they truly enjoy what they do! We created an amazing relationship with them during the planning and day of. A relationship that is so close and work that is so exceptional that my sister has asked them to capture her wedding day in 2014! They care about their clients and work with you to make sure your day is just perfect! They are constantly thinking of new ideas and new ways to bring their products to their brides/grooms! We would highly recommend the entire team and can't wait to work with you again at my sister's wedding and for years to come!
Wedding: 07/07/2012
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not ask for better pictures from my wedding! Renee was quick with getting people's photos taken and moving right along so we could get to our reception even with quite a large bridal party. When we got the pictures back I was pleasantly surprised at how great they were edited and what a large selection received! She is very friendly too and down to earth so it wasn't strictly professional, but she knew how to have fun as well! Thanks Renee, Michelle and Bobby!
Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We fell in love with the staff at Main Event the minute we met them. What was meant to be a brief meeting turned into a couple of hours and our hopes and dreams of an amazing wedding were solidified! Renee from Main Event called me the week before the wedding we touched base on exactly what photo's should be taken and which to avoid. The day of Renee was in the right place at the right time and went about her business taking all the shots that even I had forgotten about. I also had photo's done with Michelle from Main Event and I honestly can't wait to see the wedding photo's I know they are going to leave me speachless!!! They also provided a photobooth for us and let me just say - every single guest said what an amazing and fun time they had in there!!!

MEW also provided our DJ services! Kenny was amazing and never missed a beat!!! The party kept going right up until midnight and everyone had a blast. I can't thank Bob, Michelle, Renee and Kenny enough for the amazing heart and soul they put into making our wedding everything we wanted and more!!!
Wedding: 05/27/2012
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Private User 5 Reviews
Main Event Weddings is an incredible, talented, and exciting team to work with. They absolutely know what they're doing and their passion for what they do truly shows in their end results. We worked with Michelle Carpenter as our Photographer and I can't tell you how many compliments she received during and after the wedding for all of her work. I highly recommend her for the job because she has everything it takes to give you the memories in your photos that I feel every Bride deserves. The day goes by way too fast and her photos will tell the story which I for one will cherish forever. Second, we worked with Bob Carpenter (our DJ) who is the perfect spokesman to make announcements, he's full of energy and personality, and he cares about one thing - bringing the life to party!!! He fits the perfect description for what a professional DJ should deliver to any and every wedding so we absolutely recommend him 100%. Third we chose to go with a video and again my compliments go to Main Event as a team because Jeremy Abrams who shot our video worked perfectly with Michelle and Bob to create another memory for us by capturing all of the highlighted moments on our wedding day. Finally, we totally rocked the Photo Booth throughout the entire reception and it was such a big hit, I feel like it's basically the THING to do now :)!!!!!!! Overall - it's amazing that one company, MAIN EVENT WEDDINGS, has ALL of the above and more to offer. The best decision we made for our special day!!!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!! :)
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Michelle as our photographer and Bobby as our DJ - and could not be ANY happier with that decision!! Talk about a Dream Team! As soon as we had our initial meeting with them, we knew they needed to be involved in our special day - they were so fun and passionate about their work and we knew they would bring that energy to our wedding. Main Event made it easy for us to tailor the music and images to our taste, through their website as well as a follow-up meeting - we went into that day at complete ease, knowing that our music and photos would turn out amazing. We were never more right! Michelle was a blast to hang out with through the day and even turned into an emergency hair stylist for me when the wind pulled my veil out! We were blown away when we saw all of the images she captured - she brought every memory we had to life and now we get to relive them always. All of our guests are STILL raving at how amazing our DJ was, the floor was packed all night. DJ Bobby also played the music for our ceremony and went above and beyond by adding some staging and lighting to the space to give it a more romantic feel - we had never even thought to do that and I was blown away when I walked through the door to say I Do. The uplighting throughout our entire ceremony was amazing too - looking back through the photos now it just looks like a kaleidoscope of colors across the images! I can not stress enough how much I would recommend Main Event to any bride and groom!! You will not be disappointed!!
Wedding: 11/12/2011
Services Used: DJ, Photography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We loved all of our Main Event staff for our wedding. We had Renee as our photographer, Kenny as our DJ, and Mike as our videographer. All three of them did an outstanding job for our wedding and we would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Michelle for our photography, Bob for our DJ, and Jeremy for our videography. Main Event was always so professional and so easy to get a hold of via email or phone.

Michelle: She's amazing. We especially loved her ability to handle our large group of attendants and to keep things moving. I can't comment on our wedding pictures yet since we haven't got them back, but we used Michelle for our engagement session and absolutely adore our pictures. I'm confident that we'll love our wedding pictures, too. And not only is she a great photographer, she has such a fun personality, which is absolutely necessary on your wedding day since you spend so much time with your photographer.

Bob: Also amazing. He kept the dance floor full all night long. I was a little nervous that people wouldn't dance at our venue because the dance floor was the foyer of a mansion, but no one seemed to care with all the great music he played!

Jeremy: I can't wait to see his video. He was quietly in the background all day, so I didn't get to know him as well as Bob and Michelle. Nonetheless, he was so easy to work with. He was also very professional about calling me the day before the wedding to finalize the details and to see if I needed anything else from him.

Bottom line: Main Event is awesome! They are professional, fun, and their prices are reasonable for the quality of service you get. We highly recommend them!
Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are sooo happy that we chose Main Event Weddings to be apart of our wedding day!! THANK YOU Bob, Michelle, Renee and Jeremy for AMAZING results!! One of the best things about choosing Main Event is that we were able to use one vendor for all our services!! It was one of the best decisions! After experiencing the work of Main Event Weddings at a friends wedding, my husband and I were positive we wanted to have them be part of our wedding day! From the moment we left our first meeting with Bob and Michelle we were so excited to work with them and knew we made the best decision!! I had already looked at every possible wedding picture that Michelle had taken and LOVED her work! Although we had never experienced Bob in action prior to our wedding, we had watched many of his wedding clips and knew he would be perfect! Days leading up, they kept in contact and made sure all of the final details were set and ready for a perfect day ahead! Michelle, along with Renee, did an amazing job!! We absolutely LOVE all of our pictures!! ~wish we could frame every single one! They both captured so many details that we even missed that day! It is definitely worth having two photographers to get every shot! Thank you!! And Bob definitely got the party started and got our guests on the dance floor and kept them there all night!! We had so much fun~Didn't want it to ever end!! Thank you!! We have since watched our video many times! We love it! Thank you Jeremy! It captures so many moments that we will cherish forever! We could not be happier with our choice in using Main Event!! They are so personable, professional and passionate about what they do!!! We absolutely recommend all three services!!

THANK YOU!!!
XOXO Chris and Cara
Wedding: 09/11/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used Main Event Weddings on Sept 5th for my wedding. We used them for DJ services, photography, and videography. THEY WERE AMAZING!
We still talk about it a thousand times every day. We just can not get over how smoothly everything ran on the day of our wedding--and it was all thanks to Main Events! They were so much fun and very relaxed which was exactly what we were looking for. There is no part of the wedding or the reception that I would change. Everyone was just amazed at how everything fit perfectly into place. Michelle was our photographer - I do not know how she did what she did but she was amazing (and so much fun!!) Everywhere I looked she was right there getting that "perfect shot"! Mike was our videographer. He was awesome too! He was everywhere I looked! Bob was our DJ and was great! He really got the crowd involved! The dance floor was always packed! We also had him do two photo montages that played during my dance with my dad and my husbands dance with his mom. We did this as a surprise for our parents and they came out awesome! I would definitely recommend it to anyone! It was a very personal touch. Our guests have been calling us since the wedding telling us that it was the funnest wedding they have ever been to! Everyone comments on how great the DJ and the music was and how the photographer and videographer were everywhere!! I would recommend Main Events to anyone planning a wedding! They made our wedding day so incredibly amazing!
Wedding: 09/05/2010
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bobby with Main Event Weddings was such a pleasure to work with and provided the best DJ services we've ever experienced! He is a true professional and entertainer. Bobby has such a friendly, warm, fun personality that was contagious with all our family and friends. Our guests are still raving about Bobby and what a wonderful time they had at our wedding. His music selections were perfect for our crowd and he spaced our many activities throughout the night very well. Bobby also provided uplighting in our reception room. The lights created a warm, elegant and fun ambiance. We would highly recommend Bobby to anyone and would hire him again in a heartbeat for any occasion!
Wedding: 08/21/2010
Services Used: DJ
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
Bob, Michelle, Jeremy & Renee,

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Our experience with Bob and Michelle at Main Events was wonderful. From the moment we met them at their house we KNEW we could trust them with our special day. We choose Main Events to do our photography, videography, up-lighting, monogram and slide show. We were also lucky winners of their photo booth contest. We couldn’t have been happier with their work and more importantly with their personalities. They were dependable, professional and FUN! We had the time of our life’s at our wedding and it had so much to do with Main Events! They were supportive and helpful from day one. Michelle went from taking pictures one minute to fixing my makeup the next. She was the BEST! Our wedding party had such a great time taking pictures with Michelle and Renee. We loved all of our photos and are looking forward to creating our albums. Jeremy was our videographer and the video is spectacular. He caught so many memories on tape that we will cherish forever because of him. He was able to capture so many details of the wedding on the video that we didn’t get to see that day. Bob, by far turned our wedding into the event of the year!! He played the best music from dinner to the last song. He had EVERYONE on the dance floor. Family members who never dance were dancing. It was great! Bob does such a tremendous job feeling the crowd and knowing what to play to keep everyone dancing! And he obviously played Joe’s personal favorite POISON. The up lighting, monogram and slide show were perfect final touches for our wedding day. The photo booth was set up beautifully in the room, it was elegant looking and fun for all of our guests. We had a blast looking at the photo booth pictures the day after the wedding and they made great thank you’s. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend MAIN EVENTS for anyone who is looking for true professionals to handle their wedding. There work was as great as their dedication to us. We LOVED the Main Event staff and continue to get many compliments on their work during our wedding. Choosing Main Events was the best decision we made in our wedding planning, they were able to turn our wedding into a fairytale. We thank them for that from the bottom of our hearts!

STOP LOOKING FOR OTHER VENDORS Main Events has EVERYTHING you need or want!!! BOOK MAIN EVENTS NOW!

Love,
Jen & Joe Paolantonio

Wedding: 08/07/2010
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography, Unique Services (Other)
 800-915-9225
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire