Lovin Oven Cakery

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

I should preface this by saying that we didn't have a choice in cake vendors, our hotel contracts out with Lovin Oven. We went up to the Round Lake Beach location to pick out the cake, picked a very beautiful design and 4 flavors and that was the end of it. And then the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup and I decided to surprise my husband with a Stanley Cup groomscake. I thought that I could not be the first bride with this idea, but apparently I was- they had never done one before. From my first call with Erica, she was confident that the bakers could put together what I was thinking. It was AMAZING. It turned out great. My husband's family and all our guests were taking pictures with it all night.

Bruce
08/15/2015

We were treated like royalty during the cake tasting. Our consultant Lindsay, was professional and very knowledgable of the types of cakes and combinations of fillings. We were very appreciative of the great help they gave to my and I. They were very flexible in allowing us to help design the final cake trimmings.

3.0

While the cake did taste good, the decoration on our cake WAS NOT correct as we ordered it. In addition one layer did not have the correct filling, which some guests even asked about (and an excuse was offered after the fact - and if that was the case we should have been told up front). I would think someone would check the cakes before they are sent to be delivered, which should prevent this. We are still waiting for a call back from the bakery.

Private User
Recently Married

They were so helpful when we came into select the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. They had yummy choices for us to taste.
The cake at the wedding was prettier than I ever imagined. Would highly recommend using them for any cake needs.

Kara
07/10/2015

We used them for our wedding cake. Our cake tasting was excellent. They had everything set up and ready for us to begin! They had great examples to show us and allowed us to mail in a sample of our bridesmaids dresses to match it to the cake frosting color! The cake tasted amazing on our wedding day!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake at Lovin Oven Cakery is ABSOLUTELY amazing! The staff helped us to find a style and flavor that worked perfectly for us in just one quick consultation and tasting. They are extremely professional, and the quality of product is out of this world. We had family and friends coming up to us at our wedding complimenting the cake all night (and even the next week).

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was included in the cost with our venue, 31 North Banquets & Catering in McHenry. Lindsay was our point of contact with Lovin’ Oven, and helped us search for cake designs. The website has several amazing pictures, and they are flexible with colors, frostings, fillings, design alterations. http://www.lovinovencakery.com/

Since we live out of state, the cakery offered for extended family members in the area to come in for the cake tasting. Lovin’ Oven took care of delivery and setup. The cake looked great at our wedding! My only criticism is that the cake tasted a little dry. We had chocolate cake, strawberry jam filling, and butter cream frosting. Perhaps a creamier filling would have made the cake taste better. Overall, I would recommend Lovin’ Oven based on good service and flexibility.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake from Lovin' Oven was included in our package at The Arboretum Club, and it was amazing. The cake was delicious during our tasting, but it was EVEN BETTER on our actual wedding day!! They have tons (and I mean TONS) of options for fillings, and a good amount of flavors for the cake as well. It was so delicious. The designs of the cakes are very beautiful as well. We chose one with scroll piping on top of the cake but not on the sides, and it was so unique. I was tired of all the usual wedding cakes, and this one they had was beautiful. They have so many options and will match your colors exactly. We got so many compliments on our cake - both the look and the taste!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lovin oven is known for the tastiness of their cake! However, I was blown away by the design of the cake. When I looked through the books of cakes they have done before, I didn't see what I was envisioning. I showed the consultant some pictures from Pinterest and she was very open to the idea. We ended up picking a cake with piping from a picture I brought it in. She made sure to include the picture in our order so the piping would be how I wanted it. And it turned out wonderfully. I was very happy!

Kristen
03/28/2015

My reception place automatically works with Lovin Oven and I am so glad they did! From our cake testing appointment to the final outcome, everything was wonderful! They customized my cake for me and even made parts of our cake gluten free. It looked absolutely beautiful but even more important it tasted excellent! We had so many compliments on our wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We changed the cake quite a few times but each time they worked with us. Would recommend. Can't wait to taste it.

Alejandra
12/20/2014

Tons of delicious flavors. Cake looked better than picture! Were there on time. Lindsey was very professional and helpfull

Lisa
11/08/2014

The cake was delicious. I really wanted a chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. When we went for the tasting they didn't have a peanut butter filling but quickly whipped one up for us to try. We had a three tier cake with one layer being white cake with raspberry filling and the other two the chocolate/peanut butter combo. Delicious!

Madeline
10/25/2014

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were to DIE FOR! When we took our first bite during the cake cutting, both of our faces lite up with the incredible taste! Almost all of our cupcakes were gone, and they looked better then imagined!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lindsay was so great to work with! Everything went smoothly and the cake was excellent. They have a mint chocolate chip mousse, which was phenomenal! VERY happy with this vendor!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was so cute! It came included with our package at our venue as they're a preferred vendor, but it didn't deter the level of service we received in my opinion. We worked with Lindsay and she was excellent. Very helpful and flexible as we changed our design a couple of times. Everyone raved about how cool the cake was and it was delicious to boot without being super over the top.