Lovin Oven Cakery

Value
Flexibility
Bruce
08/15/2015

We were treated like royalty during the cake tasting. Our consultant Lindsay, was professional and very knowledgable of the types of cakes and combinations of fillings. We were very appreciative of the great help they gave to my and I. They were very flexible in allowing us to help design the final cake trimmings.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was included in the cost with our venue, 31 North Banquets & Catering in McHenry. Lindsay was our point of contact with Lovin’ Oven, and helped us search for cake designs. The website has several amazing pictures, and they are flexible with colors, frostings, fillings, design alterations. http://www.lovinovencakery.com/

Since we live out of state, the cakery offered for extended family members in the area to come in for the cake tasting. Lovin’ Oven took care of delivery and setup. The cake looked great at our wedding! My only criticism is that the cake tasted a little dry. We had chocolate cake, strawberry jam filling, and butter cream frosting. Perhaps a creamier filling would have made the cake taste better. Overall, I would recommend Lovin’ Oven based on good service and flexibility.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lovin oven is known for the tastiness of their cake! However, I was blown away by the design of the cake. When I looked through the books of cakes they have done before, I didn't see what I was envisioning. I showed the consultant some pictures from Pinterest and she was very open to the idea. We ended up picking a cake with piping from a picture I brought it in. She made sure to include the picture in our order so the piping would be how I wanted it. And it turned out wonderfully. I was very happy!

Kristen
03/28/2015

My reception place automatically works with Lovin Oven and I am so glad they did! From our cake testing appointment to the final outcome, everything was wonderful! They customized my cake for me and even made parts of our cake gluten free. It looked absolutely beautiful but even more important it tasted excellent! We had so many compliments on our wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We changed the cake quite a few times but each time they worked with us. Would recommend. Can't wait to taste it.

Alejandra
12/20/2014

Tons of delicious flavors. Cake looked better than picture! Were there on time. Lindsey was very professional and helpfull

Lisa
11/08/2014

The cake was delicious. I really wanted a chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. When we went for the tasting they didn't have a peanut butter filling but quickly whipped one up for us to try. We had a three tier cake with one layer being white cake with raspberry filling and the other two the chocolate/peanut butter combo. Delicious!

Madeline
10/25/2014

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were to DIE FOR! When we took our first bite during the cake cutting, both of our faces lite up with the incredible taste! Almost all of our cupcakes were gone, and they looked better then imagined!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lindsay was so great to work with! Everything went smoothly and the cake was excellent. They have a mint chocolate chip mousse, which was phenomenal! VERY happy with this vendor!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was so cute! It came included with our package at our venue as they're a preferred vendor, but it didn't deter the level of service we received in my opinion. We worked with Lindsay and she was excellent. Very helpful and flexible as we changed our design a couple of times. Everyone raved about how cool the cake was and it was delicious to boot without being super over the top.

4.2

Lovin' Oven Cakery was the wedding cake vendor through our venue (Lincolnshire Marriott) and we could not have been more happy. Lindsay was a delight to work with; she was very professional, friendly, and helpful. At the tasting we were able to try every flavor and filling and Lindsay was very helpful in narrowing down choices. We went with a small top tier to cut and cupcakes for our guests. Everyone loved the cupcakes, not only did they look adorable, they were delicious too!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ordered our wedding cake from here. It was great! Guests really enjoyed it! Lindsay was great to work with and made good suggestions!
Cake ended up being only around $200, which was really cheap compared to some other places.
Not to mention, they have a deal where they will give you a coupon on your first wedding anniversary to recreate your cake topper, which I thought was super cool because who wants to eat frozen wedding cake?

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lovin Oven Cakery did a wonderful decorating the cake my husband and I wanted. At the tasting, Lindsay was very patient and very helpful with us also. She was also very accommodating. We were very, very happy with the outcome and everyone at the reception fell in love with our wedding cake. I am very happy to have worked with them.... They were awesome...

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We chose to do cupcakes in three flavors. They looked beautiful and every flavor was delicious! We got a lot of compliments on how pretty and delicious our cupcakes were!

John
09/22/2014

Beautiful wedding cake with a elegant seashell / starfish theme. The cake was delicious and received many, many complements

Services Used: Wedding Cake

A cake from Lovin Oven was included in our package and Kemper Lakes Golf Club. Delicious and beautiful cake. What more could you ask for? They also offer a free mini cake on your one year anniversary if you send them a professional picture of your cake. So great!