Longfellow's Wayside Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We got married at the Martha Mary Chapel, had cocktail hour in the beautiful garden and reception in the tent. Everything went beautifully, food was amazing, and staff went above and beyond. We had made a sign that broke during transport the day before. The woman in charge of making sure the wedding the day went smoothly, brought the sign home and her husband repaired it so it was ready for the next day. She was so flexible and helpful with everything. We just got the pictures back and they are gorgeous with the chapel, gristmill, and pond in the background.

Recently Married

I can't think of any place better than The Wayside Inn for a fall wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception at the wayside inn was incredible! Everyone was polite, helpful, and answered all emails in a timely manner. They set up the reception just as we talked about, and it was perfect! The inn itself is so beautiful! We utilized the Martha Mary chapel, and the horse and surrey to make our fall New England wedding perfect! We couldn't have asked for anything more from a venue, and we recommend this place to anyone!

Longfellow's Wayside Inn responded with the following comments:

Hello Sasha,
we are delighted to hear that your day went so well and was exactly what you expected!
You were so wonderful to work with and we thank you for taking the time to review us.
Please take care and congratulations to both you and Jeffrey!
The Functions Team at Longfellow's Wayside Inn

Ava
08/31/2014

The most magical place to get married. The wedding staff is amazing and the food was outstanding! We even let them do our cake and everyone raved about it. The best venue in New England.

Heather and Michael
06/14/2014

My husband and I recently got married at the Wayside Inn. We would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone! The staff was AMAZING. They truly made everything so easy for us. We never had to worry or stress about any details going into the wedding. Our wedding was absolutely perfect... we wouldn't change a thing about it. We can truly say that this is GREATLY in part to the staff at the Wayside Inn. They are very professional, attentive, and trustworthy. They went above and beyond all of our expectations. We can't thank them enough for making our wedding so perfect and stress free!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the wedding planning to the day of the wedding, the staff of the Wayside Inn was great! Michelle is amazing and so helpful, communication is key and she is so good at it.
Linda, the host for the wedding took care of every little detail and was so attentive with us (bride & groom) thought the night.
got compliments on the food all night and the service was great also, and staying at the Inn for the night was a great choice.

Thank you so much!
Terry & Lili

Bill
01/25/2014

We had a very small wedding at the Wayside Inn and loved the place. The staff was perfect through the entire process and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We were very satisfied with everything.

Brian
10/26/2013

The charm, the people, the food and customer experience better than none are all the items in one deliverable from the Longfellow Wayside Inn. Melissa Striharsky was better than the best in delivering exceptional customer service and in a short time-frame, made the impossible happen without a flaw! Hands down, best of breed at the Longfellow Wayside Inn!!!

Hayley
10/05/2013

I loved my wedding. Every bit of it.

We married in the chapel and had a cocktail hour in the garden before dinner. The event was 56 people and was relaxed, comfortable, beautiful and very enjoyable - for all! Just like everyone told me: it will be over so quickly, and it was, but people are still talking about how it was one of the nicest weddings they had ever been to.

My fiance and I paid for the entire event ourselves so I was very budget conscious. I looked into every possible option, I mean... every. After searching for months for the perfect place that didn't give me a finance related heart attack, it turns out that absolute best option was the one place I didn't think to look because I figured it would be out of my reach. I grew up going to the Wayside Inn: birthdays, weddings, thanksgivings, celebratory dinners and dinners to celebrate the life of passed relatives. It would be the perfect spot.

The wedding coordinator was excellent. She assured me that my ideas weren't nuts, that they were completely doable and gave me examples of things that people have done in the past. It helped. A lot.

We did opt for the garden cocktail hours add on which was a bit of a gamble as it is weather permitting. I just crossed my fingers. Luckily, it was a beautiful day and I fully recommend taking this gamble.

We stayed right at our budget of $5,500 and had a beautiful and elegant wedding!

1+ year ago
0.4

Every since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to get married at the Wayside Inn. I was engaged for 2 hours when I called to reserve my date. The whole year leading up to my wedding I was so excited and wanted everything to be perfect! When talking to Melissa the event cordinator I got an extremely cold feeling about her. When my parents and I went to go meet her the feeling because stronger. She seemed like she was listening to my wishs, ideas and throughts but when it came down to it none of my wishes came true. The tent itself was BEAUTIFUL! the Food was amazing!!! and the wait staff is amazing!!! But the events office team is GOD AWEFUL!!!!!!!!! All I recieved from the events staff was attitude especially when I called them out after my wedding. They HOSE you here and don't respect brides wishes Their time management is NOT acceptable for the big name facility that it is. They also threw out some of my centimental belongings without even asking myself or my parents. Again the resteraunt is amazing, the waiters and waitress' are amazing but the cordinators stink!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we had our ceremony at the Martha Mary Chapel, and our rehearsal dinner at the Wayside Inn. I would highly recommend them! They are so professional, and really know everything about weddings! They were so good about responding to phone calls and emails, and everything was so beautiful. guests were so impressed with the venue and loved the food. Melissa was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding pictures are beautiful in front of the chapel and the grist mill. The rehearsal dinner was really speical too. You cannot go wrong with the Wayside Inn!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa was very helpful and responsive to all my questions leading up to the wedding. The day was perfect.

Christopher
10/13/2012

My wife and I had our wedding at the Wayside Inn, because she had fond memories of the area from when she was a child. They handled everything except for the flowers and the DJ, and everything was great. The food was excellent, and everyone was friendly and good at what they did. We had a great wedding, and all of our guests enjoyed it as well.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The staff at the Wayside Inn were professional, attentive to detail, and flexible. We picked the Wayside Inn as our venue more than a year before our wedding, and throughout that time, everyone in the Functions office was responsive to our questions and always willing to help. We met with the Functions staff four days before the wedding to go over all the last minute details, and their hostess made sure on the day-of that everything was exactly the way we had intended it to be. The food was delicious and the wait staff was very receptive to guest needs. It rained during our reception at the tent and you wouldn't have even known it! Everyone had a fantastic time dancing the night away!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Wayside Inn was a perfect venue for us - ceremony in the chapel, cocktail hour in the garden, and the reception in the dining room... a one-stop shop for a fabulous wedding! The staff were helpful and the service was incredible. The cost was reasonable and Melissa and her team made us feel like family!

2+ years ago

The Wayside Inn has been where I always wanted to get married. It perfectly fulfilled my expectations. I was out of town so I had to plan my wedding remotely, and the Inn always responded quickly to my many e-mails. The team they have is great and my day went very smoothly (thanks to Linda). All of guests loved the venue and the food. The only compliant I had from guests was that plates were cleared a little too quickly. I researched a lot of venues, and this was the best value and the nicest setting!