Lauren Kinsey Photography

(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren and her husband Michael have been so great to us. When I saw Lauren's work, I immediately knew she was who I wanted to shoot our wedding in Seaside, FL. I also respected her choice to shoot in film - she really knows her stuff, and the images turned out so romantic and painterly. We chose a package that included an engagement shoot, and that was a great way for my groom and I to meet Lauren and Michael and get comfortable with them before the big day. Lauren is such a sweetheart and we consider her and Michael our dear friends. It was so comforting knowing our images were in their hands on the big day - we can't wait to see how they turn out!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren and Michael were awesome!! Not only do they do beautiful work but they really take the awkwardness out of standing in front of a camera and make it fun! We had a great time with them and really felt like we made new friends! On top of shooting our wedding we also had them do their Crazybooth! All our guests had a blast taking fun photos with all of their props! You can't go wrong with this amazing couple!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren and Michael were just wonderful to work with.

• Wedding: 12/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren and Michael were absolutely wonderful! We were referred to them by family and were so pleased with every step along the way to our wedding!

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren and Michael Kinsey are beyond incredible!!! I found Lauren Kinsey Photography through the Wedding Photojournalist Association and immediately fell in love with their work - their ability to capture the moment is uncanny. I called Lauren that afternoon and heard back from her that same day (even though she was on vacation in California!). Sadly, she was booked for our intended wedding date (Saturday, October 8th), but I was so head-over-heels for her THAT I CHANGED OUR WEDDING DATE!!! And believe me - it was worth it!!! She was an absolute joy to work with - so friendly and personable, and she was constantly tossing around creative ideas for wedding decor. And she was so patient through it all as our wedding transformed from a simple beachside ceremony into the "French Country meets Southern Charm" theme that we ended up with. My fiancé was not too thrilled about doing engagement photos (like most men, he doesn't enjoy being in front of a camera), but he completely changed his mind after the "Loveshoot" was over - Lauren did an AMAZING job of putting us both at ease and making us feel relaxed and confident (seriously, she has a gift!). I would recommend that everyone does a "Loveshoot", just so you can get used to working with them and being in front of the camera. They were always professional, prompt in responding to emails and phone calls, on time, extremely flexible, and upheld everything in our contract. We were so fortunate to have them photograph our wedding day, and I cannot recommend them enough!

• Wedding: 10/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am struggling to review Lauren in as few words as I am allowed here. Lauren is sooooo incredibly AMAZING and WONDERFUL and CUTE that I seriously wanted to revert back to college and have her as a roomate. You cannot possibly feel shy or awkward with Lauren. She is so giggly and lighthearted that it becomes completely contagious. Of course all of that is nice but, what about the photography skills? Her work (or art as it should be called) is so charming and breezy but, still has the element of drama that everyone wants. I have seriously looked at our engagement and wedding pictures so many times that I'm feeling a bit narcissistic. The images are so fun and airy but, have a bold color popping out here and there. So refreshing and so much less stuffy than the traditional military looking super posed stuff. Don't get me wrong, you won't be denied the group/family pictures and individual stuff that everyone will be asking for after. My mother would never forgive me if we didn't get every single family member in a picture. It was far less painful in comparison to other weddings I've been in. Lauren was thorough but, not too crazy with the structure. My Bridesmaids, Groomsmen and Family were not being bossed around or bent into wierd positions and were on their way to the cocktail hour before we knew it. We did some super romantic pictures when we were on our own. Lauren took full advantage of what the late summer/early fall day had to offer. So beautiful. You will fall in love with this adorable lady without a doubt.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow! What can I say...Lauren (and Michael) are the BEST!!!! They shot our wedding this past weekend in Seaside and it was a ball!! Lauren is so cool & fun and totally gets excited about each shot she takes which in turn gets you excited which then of course equals great photos!

And I wouldn’t want to leave her sweet hubby Michael out! I thought my fiancé would be hesitant about getting solo shots etc but somehow, someway Michael made it happen! Apparently their mutual love of college football put Paxton at ease. Regardless, whatever it was, Michael rocks!

So obviously, we haven’t gotten to see our pictures yet (only a teaser) since our wedding was this past weekend but if that teaser and her portfolio are any indications of what we will receive I am stoked!! Can’t wait!

Thanks you Lauren and Michael!!

(I would also like to mention as another bride did, the photographer was the first thing we looked into following booking the venue and I KNOW we made an excellent decision! Plus Lauren's prices are fabulous! And we took little consideration into price when we were searching so when we saw her prices it was an extra bonus!!)

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is very laid back and extremely easy to get along with. Her personality helped to ease the stress of an already chaotic day. Her work is amazing. I am so happy with our pictures. We will certainly enjoy looking at them for a long time to come.

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren Kinsey is a dream come true for any bride planning her wedding! She was the first vendor that we booked (after the location) and from that moment until the wedding day, we spoke several times and really and truly became friends. She has an eye for the whimsical, the meaningful, and the special. She and her wonderful husband, Michael, worked as a team at our wedding, and they are truly amazing!

I would highly recommend her for the photography of any big event in your life. She is not only incredibly talented and very reasonably priced, but she is a genuinely good person with your wishes at heart.

• Wedding: 03/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren & Michael are amazing and a ton of fun to work with. Every one at our wedding told us how great they were!

• Wedding: 12/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OH MY GOSH!!!! Lauren and Michael are so stinkin cute and TALENTED!! I mean the energy they bring to the shots are incredible. I love the vibrant and artistic spine they put on their work. I am so happy with their services and HIGHLY reccommend them to all you bride and grooms out there!!

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding photo experience with Lauren and Michael was exceptional. They were very professional and creative.

All of our photographs turned out more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. We came from Dallas, TX to Destin, FL for our wedding, and Lauren worked with us every step of the way with a true interest in knowing us as a couple.

It was almost surreal when we received our photo package. Lauren and Michael had captured the emotions and beauty of our wedding in every photo. We were blessed with amazing surroundings and the lighting turned out great.

Lauren's expertise showed all of this in our photos. We highly recommend Lauren Kinsey Photography for any of your photography needs when you are in the Destin or surrounding areas. Lauren has a great personality; she creates a comfort with you, and we are confident she would treat you as well as she treated us. Great job Lauren and Michael!!

Lance & Bridget Arnott
Dallas, Texas

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lauren Kinsey was awesome. I found Lauren on theknot.com and was calling because I absolutely loved her website and found that she was the most reasonable price on the website, which was an extra bonus. I know nothing about photography by any means but what I liked about her website was that the featured photos that were fun, had the couple's personality shinning through, bright, and most of all not posed. I called Lauren 2 months before our scheduled reception and she was able to do it. I loved her personality, how easy going and positive she was especially since I had no idea what the heck I was doing. A week before the reception we decided that we wanted to take a boat to the venue. I called Lauren, her and Michael were up for it. On the day of our reception it was cloudy and looked like it was going to rain, Lauren and Michael were brave enough to take their camera equipment on the boat and we got some awesome photos out of it. Michael's whole side of his shirt was drenched because of how choppy the water was, but their cameras were safe in plastic bags. I loved that they were up for anything. My husband is pretty shy and what I loved most is that they made him feel comfortable. Our pictures turned out amazing and they show our personality. We still need to order photos for our house and when I finally get a break from school I'll call Lauren to order them. When we do have children, Lauren Kinsey Photography will be taking our first family photos. Nothing short of awesome!

• Wedding: 07/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are so thankful to have chosen Lauren Kinsey Photography to shoot our wedding day. We are based in Houston, TX and had a destination wedding in Gulf Shores, AL. Photography was one of the most important elements we cared for and I (the bride) had such a hard time finding a photographer that I liked and who was also in our price range. After searching and searching for what would seem like an eternity, I stumbled upon Lauren Kinsey Photography's profile on The Knot Vendor list for the Florida Panhandle. I clicked on her website and was instantly intrigued! I filled out the inquiry form on their website and received a phone call early the next morning from Lauren. She was so sweet and bubbly! I felt incredibly at ease throughout our conversation. It turned out that she was shooting a wedding out of town the day before and would be passing through Gulf Shores, AL to go home to Tallahasee, FL. It must have been fate! I booked them quickly after and I have to say that it was the best decision that I had made. Lauren and her husband Michael are two wonderful people who are personable, friendly, and made us feel extra special on our wedding day. Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous and so creative! I will proudly display them throughout my home and brag about them to everyone all the while recommending this great couple. Thank you Lauren + Michael! Please, do not hesitate going with Lauren Kinsey Photography to shoot your extra special day!

• Wedding: 06/20/2010
Profile Picture
Whitney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot express enough HOW DELIGHTED we are in the artistic work of Lauren and Michael Kinsey! As a well studied bride who has done her fair share of wedding research and photographer hunting, I can vouch for their artistic ability, creativity, sincerity, integrity and love for their work. Each image reflected their passion to capture the beauty of life and the love therein. Having just received our wedding proofs back, I'm so excited to share their work with our families! WOW!

Michael and Lauren went above and beyond the call of duty. They made our BIG DAY... their BIG DAY...which has given us memories that will last forever...

In terms of value for cost, I couldn't be happier!

I know Lauren's work is regularly featured in several publications. I'm excited to see what else the future holds for her... I suspect BIG things! Thank you Lauren and Michael! :)

Note: Lauren Kinsey Photography did our engagement pictures (love shoot) and also the wedding. Both were GREAT EXPERIENCES!

• Wedding: 06/19/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Lauren....YOU ROCK!!! We were so lucky to find such talented photographers like you and Michael. Not to mention the NICEST people to talk to and be around. Wish you lived closer to me in Jersey so I could tell everyone I knew getting married to use you! Thank you again for capturing our wedding, you completed making our dream day come true.

xoxo Niki and Ryan

• Wedding: 06/04/2010
850-491-0600
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire