Last Resort DJ & Photo Booth Service

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

Jeremy was wonderful to work with. He was responsive to emails and frequently checked in with us during our wedding to see if changes needed to be made to the timeline. His music selection for our group was right on which helped get people out on the dance floor. I would choose Last Resort DJ again if I ever needed music for a future event.

1 Review
Recently Married
2.2

I would not recommend last resort DJ. The actual DJ sent his wife and was 2 hours late, we also didn't find out he wouldn't be coming until he didn't show up. We had a friend sing our first song and that friend had set everything up with the actual DJ..his wife had no idea and had no idea on how to set it up, she was also rude to my friend. They also didn't play some of the music we asked for. Bottom line is they weren't awful, but with about a million different choices, I would not recommend them.

Last Resort DJ & Photo Booth Service responded with the following comments:

We are very sorry you were unhappy with the show Last Resort DJ provided. Unfortunately a lot of this review is just not true. First you mentioned that the "DJ sent his wife." That is true my wife who is a DJ and is 1/2 of Last Resort DJ did DJ your event. She is prominently displayed on our website as 1/2 of the Last Resort DJ Team. Next, it was mentioned that we were 2 hours late. We pride ourselves on our punctuality and have always showed up with at least 1 hour to our contracted start time and in most cases we show up with 2 hours to set up and sound check. This event was no different we were there 1.5 hours early and the venue had us change set up locations 3 times before the ceremony. Then we were asked to do a favor and provide sound for the wedding parties private singer, We showed him how to plug directly into our speakers for the best sound as they have a mixing board and EQ that is made for all audio. He insisted on plugging into our DJ mixing board that is not made for mixing live music. As professionals who care about quality we would not let this happen he ended up using his own equipment? The DJ team was not rude but very focused on the setup, some people with questions did approach her as she was setting up for the 3rd time and she may not have been as engaging but that is because we have a STRICT deadline for the ceremony and we MUST be set up for that, it was flawless. As you mentioned we did not play all requested music this happens often when we are given more music requests prior to the wedding than we have time for. When this happens we play the hits off your list so the majority of the guests will be listening to music they know. Now that every thing is cleared up we still wish you the best in all the journeys life takes you on!

Services Used: DJ

Jeremy was wonderful-even though we sort of scared him when we submitted our, "Do Not Play List." After 18 years together b4 marrying and 2 kids who love to dance to pop- my man and I didn't want your typical wedding dance playlist. Jeremy played nearly all the 2012+ requests we made for dinner and dance and was awesome!!! We still had "Sweet Caroline" in honor of my Grandma who died a couple of years before and that brought the house down. Midway through the dancing my brother approached me with, "You've apparently got the DJ on lockdown and dad won't dance unless it's Sinatra!" Jeremy's gaze followed my brother to me and as I gave him the thumbs up his "New York, New York" was the talk of the next day. We really appreciated that he honored our wishes and left the crowd wanting more. He also helped a best friend sing our 1st dance song, "Here's to Us." Thanks, Jeremy...

Services Used: DJ

Awesome- fabulous- great- on time - friendly- professional!!!

1+ year ago

Thank you Last Resort DJ for making our wedding reception amazing! All of our guests were out of there seats and on the dance floor dancing away.All of our guests told us that they had a great time at the wedding and it could not have been possible with the help of our DJ. Thank you again Last Resort DJ!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Outstanding DJ, very professional and responsive!

Services Used: DJ

I used Last Resort DJ for my wedding in South Lake Tahoe and they did a fantastic job! They were able to provide music for our ceremony at Lakeside Beach and they were all set-up and playing music at the reception venue when the guests started arriving right after the ceremony. They were also able to provide background music for my sister to sing a couple songs (they even provided her w/ the music file ahead of time so she could practice with it).

I loved their casual sort of style and their great sense of humor. Most importantly, they kept the dancefloor full all night long by playing great dance music. Jeremy and Jason did a great job of reading the crowd and playing what kept people dancing.

Services Used: DJ

Last Resort DJ's were fabulous! They did our daughter's wedding last weekend at the top of Heavenly Valley Ski Resort. They were already set up when we arrived at 3:00 for a 5:00 wedding start time. They were responsive to requests and timed everything very well. We would hire them again in a heartbeat!!!!!! A pleasure to work with!

Services Used: DJ

What can be said about perfection! Last Resort DJ Should be called 1st choice above all else DJ.. I guess that wont fit on a buisiness card.. Last Resort Not only made our wedding Smooth but fun and exciting as well! From the 1st phone call to the day of the wedding they made me feel comfortable and eased my mind that every thing was going to work! AND IT DID!!!! If you don't pick last resort then your missing out!

Happily Ever After...

Melissa and Bill Compton

Services Used: DJ

You get what you pay for. My wedding was an evening wedding and dressy. The guys showed up wearing beach shirts and slacks. I never got a schedule of how things were going to be done, and in which order. They pushed everything together, so that the cake cutting and garter/bouquet tossing was done right at the beginning of the reception. It made everything very rushed and let people leave early! I was very upset about how everything turned out once I got home and had time to think about everything. I would not recommend Last resort D.J.'s. They trully were my Last resort!

Last Resort DJ & Photo Booth Service responded with the following comments:

At Last Resort we work with all brides to follow their time lines on their special day. However should the bride be 45 minutes to an hour and a half late to her wedding we do the best we can to accommodate the other vendors as well as the bride and groom to ensure the meal is not cold and there is time for all the events of the evening. If we are given a timeline we have no problem following it. Everyone had to wait for over an hour for the ceremony. Then after dinner there was another hour of photo's being taken. If things seemed rush it was because of the poor planning of the wedding party and photographer. Not the DJ. We had to fit all of the special events into the small time allowed to us. After dinner and during the other hour of photos, the guests were ready to party, from what we were told they were not from Nevada and wanted to go gamble. While we waited for the bride and groom to finish their meals and take photo's people did leave, because they had been there for 2-3 hours waiting for something to happen. As you all know the bride and groom's first dance and is very important. We as DJ's cannot start open dancing till after this event has happened. Because of the 3 hour delay from the bride and photographer our hands were tied. As in life, life happens. We can't plan for everything but we are experts at accommodating!

Services Used: DJ

The gang at Last Resort Dj did an outstanding job at our wedding. Got everyone out and dancing, were funny, and made no mistakes. Would definitely recommend them for any of your functions. Very professional and very reasonable pricing....Thanks!

Corinne
05/30/2009

The DJs were very professional and flexible. The music was excellent, made sure to ask us if a request came in that was questionable. The price was very affordable and within our budget. We would highly recommend them to friends and family.