Larsen's Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This review is LONG overdue from our late May 2015 wedding! Words cannot express the amazing team that is Larsen’s Photography. Comprised of incredible husband and wife duo, Niels and Maile, this pair was truly an invaluable component of our special day, helping make it one of the most magical experiences of our entire lives. My husband and I knew early on we wanted a photographer tag-team if possible, to capture more ground and key moments throughout the wedding. These two, however, exceeded our wildest expectations! From the moment I reached out after admiring their stunning work online, Maile was not only super responsive, but incredibly friendly, warm, and helpful. I knew almost immediately Larsen’s was our ideal partner. Over the months leading up to the big day, Maile sent a host of thoughtful, supportive emails, and was great about walking me through all the details and providing lots of great tips and information. On the day itself, Maile and Niels helped both my husband and I stay calm, smile, and laugh—even during the most stressful moments. They really went above and beyond in every sense of the word (our guests could not get over the creative poses they displayed on the dance floor in order to get the best shots of speeches and dances!). Even after all of that, the best was yet to come. Maile worked ever so quickly to draft a beautiful photo blog profiling our day, and deliver to us a beautiful slideshow (with music!) and several discs and drives filled with countless amazing photos. Their website does not do their work justice by any means—our loved ones are still ranting and raving about how stunning the photos are! These cherished mementos are some of the only tangible elements of our wedding that will help tell our story in ways words never could for years to come. For all these reasons, we can never thank the Larsen’s enough for being such phenomenal partners whose passion for their craft is unmistakable. Highly, highly, highly recommended!!

Services Used: Photography

I fully recommend the Larsen's for all kinds of photography needs. My husband and I just got married about two weeks ago, and man, we had no idea how crazy it was going to be! It turned out beautiful of course, but we were running around nonstop the whole day. I was afraid the photos wouldn't come out (I kept crying at every moment!), but I was surprised and relieved when I received the wedding package. Every.photo.was.BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy!
I fully and whole heartedly recommend this duo. They were funny, organized, and knew exactly what to do during the entire wedding. Maile and I spoke over the phone and through countless emails before and after the event. She was very professional and easy to talk to.
After seeing different kinds of their photography on Facebook, I'm thinking we might hire the Larsen's again for our first baby pictures :-)

Services Used: Photography

I cannot say enough glowing things about Maile and Niels!!! If I could give them 10 stars I would. They photographed our wedding on August 2, and our experience with them was great! As soon as Maile arrived, she got to work taking photos of my shoes, dress, rings, bouquets, etc...both of them are extremely professional, and have super fun personalities. They made the photos fun for us and for our guests. Maile is very responsive over email, and she was sending me "sneak peeks" of photos the day after the wedding! We received our digital photos and DVD within a week, and she also sent us many beautiful prints in various sizes. The photos came out amazing!!!! They captured the day perfectly, from the "getting ready" pics, to the ceremony, to the reception. We couldn't have asked for better photographers, and I highly recommend them. We'll be hiring Maile and Niels again if we ever need professional photos taken. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day wonderful!!!!
~Robin and Jason

Services Used: Photography

I had actually done both my wedding photos and our engagement photos with Larsen's Photography. I love Maile the first time we met and they were flexible enough to spend their anniversary weekend with us TWICE (that was just amazing service). They are so much fun to talk to on a side note about wedding drama, Maile has helped with ours over the last year and a half. We get so many compliments on the quality of the pictures and the candid ones that they got. They know how to make your day run smoothly, my girls appreciated when Maile would tell them to get ready and put on their dresses. My husband and I have agreed that we will be using them whenever we need pictures done and for our vow renewal. I love them, they are amazing people.

Larsen's Photography responded with the following comments:

Thanks, you guys!! You were a dream to work with! And, waaay too fun!! THANK YOU!!! xo

Services Used: Photography

Larsen's Photography was one of my favorite vendor at my wedding! I couldn't have asked for a better team. Thank you so much for all the lovely photos.

Services Used: Photography

Working with Larsen's Photography was wonderful. They were fun and helped us throughout the day. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! I am glad we are now able to remember our perfect day with perfect photos!

Larsen's Photography responded with the following comments:

Our Honor + Pleasure! Watching the two of you throughout your day - the kind words professed - was truly a joy!! CONGRATULATIONS!! xo

Services Used: Photography

Lovely photographs taken by lovely photographers! Maile and her husband, Neils, go the extra mile for their clients. I strongly recommend that all weddings have two photographers; it expedites photo-taking times, and everybody knows that having 4 eyes behind multiple cameras is just better business! They are punctual, considerate, personable, professional, and their work is flawless; they are equally dedicated to preserving not only the images of the event, but also the sentiment behind each scene. Maile shot our engagement session a few months prior to the wedding; she really does her homework so that she's prepared for the day of your session (she even knows the exact time the sun will set since it makes for "softer light and less shadows / squinting.") For the engagement session, she assisted with wardrobe choices, provided makeup tips, and also drove many miles into the great unknown for the sake of capturing special engagement photos at the lake where we had our first date; she even included my dog, who was far more interested in exploring than posing! For the wedding day, she and Neils arrived 90 minutes early prepped and ready to shoot as we finished getting ready; those were VERY special pictures! For my groom, Neils even used his phone to download a tutorial video on how to tie a symmetrical tie! The day after our wedding, Maile emailed sneak-peeks of completely edited wedding photos. Within 2 weeks of the wedding, we received a USB and CD of all +900 of our images (that's +900 High-Def images and +900 in a web-friendly size), along with select, hard-copy photos in our hot little hands; most brides and grooms wait anxiously for at least a month. All of my guests and family commented on how enjoyable the photographers were and how stunningly beautiful the photos turned out. I am beyond pleased with their work, and am proud to now have two new friends who will, undoubtedly, be hired for all of our future photography needs!

Services Used: Photography

I knew even before getting engaged we would be using Larsen's Photography because of the rave reviews from friends and how they capture the essence of the moment, which was so important to us. Our wedding which was such an amazing and whimiscal event was perfectly captured by Maile and Neils throughout the entire day. Even before the the actual day I spent numerous hours emailing back and forth between Maile helping to narrow down our perfect look and feel for the day. When the day came even despite minor hiccups, they didn't skip a beat to make sure everything was smooth sailing. We really enjoyed working with these two and we hope in the future to be able work with them again.

Larsen's Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you, guys!! Your Wedding will always be in my mind as one of the greats!! AMAZING!!! xo

Services Used: Photography

They were very helpful and always available for questions. We love our photos.

Private User
2+ years ago

We literally couldn't have asked for more! Larsen photography did both our engagement photos and our wedding. Maile is so amazing to work with! her and Neils just made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. It was actually fun doing photos! All of the photos were amazing- the quality, lighting, and versatility of all the photos was literally so much more than we could have asked for. Larsen Photography got the professional photos, but they also really captured those special moments of our wedding that takes a talented photographer! They really captured our wedding and I couldn't be happier!!

Private User
2+ years ago

Maile and her husband did a wonderful job of capturing our wedding! She got us a few pictures to look at within a day or so and we got our entire package in a week! She also does a great blog post with a recap of the day and its a great site to pass around to friends and family. Highly recommend her!

Services Used: Photography

Maile and her husband are wonderful to work with. Our wedding pictures turned out amazing!!! We would highly recommend larsen's photography!

Services Used: Photography

I would highly recommend Larsen's! Maile, was a complete sweetheart. The wife/husband duo were excellent to work with, and made all the smiling and posing easy. Leading up to the wedding Maile was quick to response with any question and/or ideas i had. But the best part was how quickly i was able to see my photos. She knew i was leaving a short few days after the wedding to go out of the country, and she worked her little butt off so that i could see my photos before i left! If you are looking for a good wedding photographer in Northern California, give them a call!

Services Used: Photography

Maile and Niels are absolutely amazing! Not only are they extremely talented- they're tons of fun and made us feel relaxed (as much as we could be on our wedding day) we've had so many compliments on our photos an the price was definitely reasonable- you are getting what you pay for and more!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Larsen's Photography was a great choice for us. They worked together so well and took charge so things ran smoothly. I was very impressed with our photos and the enitre day because they worked together so well. Our photos are awesome! Thanks guys.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Maile and Neils were amazing... from the moment I first spoke to Maile on the phone after looking at her website, I knew I was hooked! First, she answered the phone while on a road trip with her family, and she spent a good 15-20 minutes talking to me and answering my questions. She even suggested a better ceremony site than we had in mind, and now we can't imagine it having been anywhere else! She was always able to help with suggestions or ideas, especially since she knew our wedding was almost entirely do-it-yourself... I remember how stressed I was for several weeks about getting the reception schedule nailed down - she helped me with it, and it was done in 10 minutes tops (boy did I cry some tears of relief after that call!!). She was willing to field my picture texts from the bridal salon when my dress came in and was darker than it was supposed to be. She was always quick to respond to emails, calls, and texts. She suggested amazing colors for our bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen ties, as well as the amazing colors for our flowers. We had a pretty rough week leading up to our wedding, but Maile and Neils sure made us smile. We treasure the several hours we spent alone with them before the wedding taking our couples shots - it was a blast, and was one of our favorite parts of the day - I definitely felt like I had a friend by my side - not just some vendor. Maile, we love you guys - your hearts are huge, and you are both amazing artists... our engagement and wedding shots are priceless. We are so lucky to have been able to work with you.