Lakeshore Country Club

• Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I have very mixed feelings about my wedding at the lakeshore, so I will first start with the pros. The venue itself is beautiful. The lake setting and all of the rooms were the perfect location for our wedding, and despite the rain it was as beautiful inside as it was outside. There was a nice big locker room, making it the perfect place for the hair stylists and makeup artist to get us ready. Jerry the catering manager was responsive and attentive and always met with us whenever we had questions, which was often. Now for the cons. Sarah the wedding coordinator was new to the lakeshore when we first signed the contract. We had several meetings with her and Jerry to discuss the fine details (extra appetizer, remove trees, certain potatoes, bring fruit out for desert, ceremony line up/order). We had confidence until the day of the rehearsal, which was a disaster! Sarah asked me several times what the line up was even though we had discussed it before. She asked me what my songs were and about the length several times, even though I told her I could not think of them. Instead of taking charge, she was basically asking all of us how to do the ceremony. She made me completely stressed out because I was already overwhelmed and not prepared to be fired with questions that day. On the day of, despite promising she would help with the set up, she was nowhere to be found. My mother, father, Jerry, the custodians and the waitstaff all helped set up but she did not contribute to the process. During the wedding, it seemed like we had not met with her at all, because all of the things we had asked for were not done. There was no fruit with desert, no vegetables on the plate, the trees were not removed, she did not line up the bridesmaids for the ceremony (my mother did), and I did not even see her until the end of the night. This is why I say I have mixed reviews, because most of the staff was attentive and the wedding was beautiful in spite of her.
Wedding: 07/28/2013

Jenn 5 Reviews
Perfect location for our ceremony outside by the water and our reception inside the ball room. The staff was great and Andre, the catering manager, goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect!
Wedding: 06/16/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Andrea was a sweetheart to work with. The food was perfect and I loved that we had the bar room to have guests stay during cocktail hour. Andrea was so helpful in getting everything set up the day before and helping with table arrangements. She put special touches to the food (like raspberries in the champagne) and allowed us a free tasting before hand at the restaurant to try all the food (don't eat before you go!).
Wedding: 08/13/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our outdoor wedding and reception at Lakeshore YCC, and I can't say enough great things about the venue and the staff there. The contract included a wedding coordinator who took care of all of the details on the day of the wedding. Beautiful setting, very flexible staff, and quality service. They even let us do a paper hot air balloon lift off over the lake after sunset. Unforgettable!
Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Andrea was incredibly helpful in planning our Reception. Andrea, as well as her staff, took care of nearly every detail without question making our night completely stress free. Her attention to detail was exceptional and her staff was very professional. I would recommend the Lake Shore to anyone looking to host a reception in one of the most beautiful locations Central New York has to offer.
Wedding: 08/29/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Lakeshore was perfect. Every detail was exactly how I planned. I did not have to worry about anything. We had the ceremony outside and it was beautiful. Andrea was great to work with and took care of every little detail!! I would highly recommend the Lakeshore to anyone. The food and service were excellent as well.
Wedding: 10/04/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What an amazing experience! I planned every detail of the wedding and even I was shocked how beautiful everything turned out. Lake Shore made everything so easy! idropped everything off and without explanation turned it into the perfect day! Book early, there fill up fast. And I highly suggest getting married on the lawn out front right on the lake, the pictures are amazing!
Wedding: 07/07/2007