Kurtz's Beach

Value
Flexibility
Steven
07/25/2015

Our daughter and her fiancé wanted a Chesapeake wedding, and after looking at several sites, we chose Kurtz's Beach. It's not the easiest place to get to, but the location--right on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay--was perfect for us, and the staff couldn't have been easier to work with. Their planning and preparations were first rate, their execution was flawless, and the facility delivered everything we'd hoped for. The variety and quality of food and drink during the reception--it was a morning wedding--exceeded our expectations. All in all, Kurtz's Beach proved to be an extraordinary value. (The Bride's Cottage turned out to be well worth its $500 cost, too.)

Thank You !

Recently Married

We had a morning wedding at Kurtz's Beach, and had a perfect experience. We received many compliments from the guests on the attractiveness of the venue, the execution of the ceremony, and the quality of the food (we did brunch-- Kurtz's bartender does a fantastic Bloody Mary; tip: if you request Bloody Mary's specifically as part of your menu, the bartender can make the base in bulk from fresh ingredients rather than relying on a store-bought mix!). We also used the Bridal Cottage to get ready before the ceremony, and loved the relaxing atmosphere and supportive staff-- having the extra time and space to prepare for the wedding was incredibly valuable, and we both were glad we had opted to rent the cottage.

We didn't really have many strong opinions about what we wanted our wedding to be like, and the Kurtz's staff were patient and helpful with suggesting different kinds of options (including recommending a great local baker and local florist). All of Kurtz's Beach's suggestions seem to have worked beautifully: several of our friends remarked on how "authentic" the wedding seemed, based on knowing our personalities. In addition, my spouse and I come from different cultures, and the staff at Kurtz's were very happy to help us find ways to incorporate small nods to both of our backgrounds into the wedding, such as in the food options. We wanted a wedding that would be enjoyable for our guests (several of whom had traveled internationally just to attend our ceremony, so we really wanted to treat them well!), reasonably low-stress for us, and would give all of us good memories for the future. Kurtz's delivered exactly that. Thank you so much!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I absolutely LOVE this venue. My wedding was June 27th, 2015 and I was heartbroken when we had a torrential downpour the entire day and my ceremony was originally suppose to take place outside overlooking the water. When I showed up, I saw how incredibly gorgeous the inside looked and gave the ok to have the ceremony inside. It was still beautiful, service was great and there were 2 bars open with no lines. The only change I would have made is to get an extra hour to have more time to enjoy it. I feel like it went by so fast! Thanks for everything John! You really helped me feel at ease, even when I was freaking out about the rain!

Recently Married

If your looking for a wedding on the Chesapeake Bay look no further. Kurtz Beach is affordable compared to its neighboring competitors and offers so much more in value. John will make you feel at ease. At Kurtz they will box up your cake and centerpiece/decorations. I remember having to stay late to help my sister at her wedding at Chesapeake Beach Resort. I would recommend this venue for anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had my daughter's wedding at Kurtz Beach and could not have been happier with their services. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate and it rained. They have several back up plans and she still had her dream wedding. John, I can not thank you and your staff enough. The food and service was amazing. We had the steak and crab cakes, which were amazing. I would highly recommend this to place to brides and their families. Thank you again.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was married at Kurtz on 4/25/2015 and I cant express enough how AMAZING our experience was from start to finish! I was insanely overwhelmed when I began wedding planning, but once I secured our date and made my final decision with Kurtz everything from there was a breeze! We booked over a year in advance, and every time I reached out, John was super quick to get back to me and was always extra helpful with anything I needed. By the time the actual wedding arrived, I had felt as though John became part of the family! I probably drove him nuts with all of my concerns/requests but he was a great sport and always seemed thrilled to help in any way possible

The day of the wedding, everything was perfect! The staff was helpful, friendly, and extremely organized! Donna made sure that everything that day was flawless!!! She was amazing! It truly was the wedding of our dreams! Oh, and the bartender is awesome! My guests are still talking about how cool Tim is weeks after the wedding ;)

Thanks Kurtz!! You guys are the best!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such an amazing venue; great views, the staff was so accommodating and friendly, food was outstanding and it was fairly reasonable.
We had the ceremony and the reception here on 4.18,15, and had just over 200 guests. We did the buffet style option with beef tenderloin and potatoes and im pretty sure everyone went up for seconds. The place is amazing, the reception room has giant windows out to the patio and onto the water. They just renovated the entire out side, and they have this cool fire pit out there. One thing i loved was never having to wait for a drink, they had a few different bars spaced out so there was no long lines like i have experienced at many weddings. The owner John was a big help every step of the way, and all of the staff were amazing especially Donna. We told them what we wanted and how we wanted it, and they delivered. Every guest told me how much fun they had and how great the food was. We truly couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Recently Married

The bridal cottage was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was unbelievable :) My wedding was gorgeous and EVERYONE had a good time!! Thank you Kurtz's

Katie
08/09/2014

The Kurtz family did a wonderful job hosting and coordinating my wedding! Everyone was friendly, courteous, and professional. The day went off without a hitch and everything was beautiful. I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a large event or family gathering.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies
Jeffery
07/13/2014

It was a beautiful venue, food was amazing, and staff was outstanding.

Ashley
07/13/2014

Our wedding was beautiful, the staff was so wonderful, food was great, and everyone had a great time! They were great with all of the kids in the wedding party, and helped everything to run smooth.

Christina
06/28/2014

My husband and I were so happy with Kurtz! Our wedding was absolutely amazing thanks to the staff! They were so responsive to our questions up until the big day. Before the wedding they sat and listened to everything I wanted in the bay room for our reception and they took great notes to make sure everything was the way we wanted it. The food was absolutely amazing, so many people were upset when the food was cleaned up because they wanted to keep going back for more. The overall price for Kurtz services are very much worth it! The view is amazingly breathtaking. Thank you so much John and the other staff!!! -Christina & Eric Collini

Jonathan
06/21/2014

Thanks to Kurtz's Beach My wife says the wedding was like a beautiful dream.

Thank You !

DJJonnyBlaze
06/21/2014

It was great my wife says the wedding was like a dream

Michelle
06/07/2014

We had a wonderful time at our wedding!! It was a beautiful day on the water.

Courtney
06/07/2014

I had an absolute wonderful time. My wedding/reception was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better location or nicer folks to work with. John and his staff are truly amazing.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue