Kurtz's Beach

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.2 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The bridal cottage was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was unbelievable :) My wedding was gorgeous and EVERYONE had a good time!! Thank you Kurtz's

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place is a hidden gem! Such a beautiful place for a wedding or any other event. The staff and owner are amazing and so helpful. They definitely know what they are doing because they made my wedding happen without anything going wrong. Smooth and efficient.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can not say enough about how wonderful my experience was at Kurtz's! It was absolutely the best decision I made when planning my wedding. They are consummate professionals who want to make your wedding a success. We had both our ceremony and reception there, as well as used the Bridal Dressing Cottage for photos beforehand. They provided a staff member to help us at the cottage, and they even had refreshments. It was amazing. At the ceremony and reception, our guests were taken care of wholeheartedly. The night went off without a hitch. Kurtz's made my wedding dreams come true!!!

• Wedding: 07/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning a wedding was super stressful, but once the day arrived, I was so happy and stress free, thanks to John & Donna & the staff of Kurtz's beach! They made my vision a reality, and even added the small touches I didn't think of myself to make the day that much more special. The wedding was beautiful with the perfect weather, the reception was perfect and my guests couldn't stop raving about the food, bartender, DJ, and wedding over all. I can't thank John & Donna enough, they made sure my day was reflective of my husband and I's tastes. The venue was so much more than I expected! Multiple people told me it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I'm so glad I chose Kurtz's Beach and would HIGHLY recommend them for your special day!

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
Ana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot say enough about Kurtz's Beach!! We had such a beautiful and wonderful wedding and reception! They were not only professional and responded to our needs, they were attentive to detail. They made sure that what we wanted for our wedding and reception is EXACTLY what occurred. We knew from the moment we visited Kurtz's Beach that we wanted our wedding and reception there. We made the perfect choice! Everyone who attended our event has told us that this was the first wedding they attended that went so smoothly and efficiently. We could not have done without John and everyone at KUrtz's Beach!! The food was incredible!! It was served hot and very tasty!! We tried every dish and we loved EVERY Bite!! They even prepared a special dish for my sister who has severe allergies. They were so accommodating making sure that her needs were met!! We could not have picked a better vendor for our wedding ,reception or catering!! 5 stars does not do justice to showing their level of professionalism, service, flexibility or value and 5 stars falls way short of explaining their quality of service and care!

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best place!!! They took care of everything!!!!! We had our wedding on 10-8-11 and couldn't picture a better place!!!! Book it ASAP!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The people at Kurtz were absolutely wonderful. They worried about all the details for me so that I could be calm on my wedding day. They took care of everything, even things that I did not originally ask them to do. Everyone at my wedding said how beautiful the venue was and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This company has been around for a very long time and couldnt have been nicer people. They are very accomodating and set everything up perfectly. The staff are all so nice and pleasant. The price is a great deal, especially being on the water. Makes a great backdrop for pictures! Their food was delish!

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at Kurtz's beach is very professional. They kept things moving along smoothly. The venue is beautiful and a great value for the money.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Boop
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The people at Kurtz's beach were exceptional. They treated you with respect, kindness, and warmth as if they were your own family. They were amazing.

• Wedding: 06/27/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What a day!! If you want a beautiful, no fuss, no mess perfect day- Book Kurtz Beach- Immediately! As the bride I wanted an all-in-one. I did not want to be hasseled or deal with "well the caterer never told us this, or the venue never told us X Y Z" I wanted communication, smooth sailing, no nonsense and thats exactly what i got- they handled everything with no road bumps! Treated us like family and the food was like Momma made it! Everyone told me it was the best wedding they had been too, and how beautiful it was, my pictures are gorgeous, my video is gorgeous! Everything was perfect! and the cost was a third less than what other venues wanted!! i could not be happier! Thanks Kurtz Beach!

• Wedding: 05/17/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Exceptional Value! Wonderful! Absolutely beautiful setting and the food was delicious. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who is looking for a elegant setting and a memorable occasion

• Wedding: 06/10/2007
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy with the service and the staff were so helpful. The bridal cottage was absolutely perfect. The whole event was more then I expected :)

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I had my wedding here in September and it turned out PERFECT. The only complaints I would have is that I felt a little rushed out of there at the end of the night. We had the place until 10 and by 9:30 they were cleaning up and getting us out. Also, I would have loved to extend the reception another hour (until 11) and this was discussed before the wedding. They would not do this so it made for the reception to feel short and a little rushed. Don't get me wrong though, the place a gorgeous, everything was set up exactly how I wanted it and we had a blast!! Definitely a great value and location.

Kurtz's Beach responded with the following comments:

Holly,
Thanks for taking the time to give a review. I am terribly sorry that you felt rushed,We appreciate the in put and will be sure to address that in the future.
Please note that extra hours are always available,but must be decided in advance.Thanks Again.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kurtz Beach was the perfect spot to have our wedding reception! The facility is beautiful, located right on the water with a lovely patio and ballroom inside. The staff was very accomidating escorting guests to their tables, although some of my groomsmen weren't shown their tables, and didn't know where to sit. Other than that, event was perfect!

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
Stacie
  • Flexibility: 4.0

This venue was awesome!!! They took care of everything and it was exactly the way I wanted it! My planner for the day was excellent! I came up prior to the wedding and got to fully explain everything I had, where I wanted it and how I wanted things to go. She was so helpful and even added touches that made it more beautiful! John is awesome to work with as well! They have many years experience and it truly shows! We had an amazing wedding... thanks Kurtz!

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
410-255-1280
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire