Kevin York Photography

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

My good friend had used Kevin for her wedding and had nothing but great things to say. We had Kevin shoot our wedding and we are more than pleased. He was great to work with and made me very comfortable. We had no doubt our pictures would turn out great and they did. Would recommend Kevin again and again .

Private User
Recently Married

Kevin York Photography was a pleasant experience from start to finish. Kevin invited us to do an engagement photo shoot, so that he could get to know us and subsequently help him photograph us better for the wedding day. Come wedding day, Kevin was like a magician. Not only was he able to get great photographs, but he made sure he was prepared for every nuance of our cultural traditions. He was very nice to work with, and we could tell he wasn't just doing it for the paycheck, but because he enjoys his work. Ultimately, we would highly recommend Kevin York Photography!

John
04/04/2014

We love our photos! Kevin and Brian really captured our wedding! Thanks for doing such a great job!!!

Maggie
03/29/2014

We had a wonderful experience working with Kevin for our wedding, and would highly recommend him. He made us feel comfortable which resulted in photographs that looked natural. Even though it poured rain on our wedding day, Kevin worked with the indoor spaces we had available - you'd never know we didn't plan it that way! He did an excellent job capturing the emotion on our faces and on those of our guests. Thanks Kevin!

Services Used: Photography

We booked Brian Michael, a photographer with Kevin York Photography, as our wedding photographer. During our initial search for a photographer, I was really trying to keep the cost down without sacrificing quality. Not an easy task! I didn't want the typical posed/portrait type pictures (except for a few formal ones in the church), but rather more along the lines of candid, "action" type pictures. I wanted the emotion of the day to come through in the pictures. This was EXACTLY what I found when reviewing Brian Michael's portfolio, and subsequently, the results I received in my wedding day pictures. I can't express enough, the excellent experience we had with Brian, from the engagement photo session, through to the last minute of my wedding. We booked Brian for a full day. He and his assistant Jessica arrived on time and ready to go. Unfortunately, I had locked myself up in my room to get away from all the chaos going on downstairs, and was not necessarily ready. They were so patient with me, and really helped me to relax. From that moment on, they were taking care of everything, from helping me with my veil so it didn't get snagged on anything, to keeping track of time and where I needed to be at each moment. I felt like we knew each other for years. When the pictures were available for viewing, I can't tell you how many times I sat and viewed the online album. Each time I look at my pictures, I love them more and more. If you're looking for high-end quality images, but don't want to pay the high end prices, then I HIGHLY recommend you look into Brian Michael of Kevin York Photography!

Services Used: Photography

I will start off by saying I have certainly dropped the ball with writing a timely review for our amazing wedding photographer Kevin York. Soon after my husband and I married in 2013, I started a new job and as the saying goes, "life got in the way." That being said, a year and a half later I still remember our wedding day as vividly as I did on October 12th, 2013, specifically how wonderful it was to work with Kevin York and his team. We knew before our wedding day that Kevin was a true professional. Not only did he coach us through our engagement photo shoot, but he patiently and enthusiastically did so in about 30 degree weather at a beautiful local park in the dead of winter. A trooper to say the least! When it came to our wedding day, Kevin was all of that and more. Both Kevin and his second shooter were kind, patient, funny, charismatic, professional, creative, and downright true pleasures to work with. From morning until night both Kevin and his second shooter had smiles on their faces and were constantly making both my husband and I laugh, which took any nerves right out of us. Kevin was also incredible at directing us whether it was through posing, testing different areas of the venue, or sneaking us out of dinner to take the most breath taking shots under the night sky. His years of experience were impossible to miss. What was also impossible to miss was his passion for what he does. After our ceremony it would have been easy for any photographer to rush through some group/intimate photos as we had limited time before our reception was to start. However, Kevin insisted that we spend ample time taking several shots under a gorgeous 4:30 pm fall sunset and I am SO eternally grateful for that. He knew what those photos would produce for us, and truly had our interests before anyone else's. I could go on and on about Kevin York as an individual and as a photographer, because both are nothing short of phenomenal. Kevin York, we cannot thank you enough!!!

Services Used: Photography

I have only seen 2 photos so far but they are awesome! Kevin was great and was wonderful to work with. He and his assistant made everything so easy and fun .

Memorie of a lifetime!
Kevin York Photography delivered the most amazing pictures for our engagement session & wedding day!!! It is so hard to pick which ones we want, we love all of them! Kevin really goes above & beyond, just relax, put your trust in him, and you will have wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

Melanie
07/28/2012

Kevin is a knowledgeable and awesome photographer! He thinks on his feet and is very easy to work with. He makes the photography seem effortless and his pictures come out beautifully. He is flexible & will work with you to give you everything you want. Well worth the money!

Services Used: Photography

I didn't care about food, and other things like most brides.. My biggest concern was the photography... We had looked at a few and either they didn't have that wow factor to them or were extremely overpriced. We were referred to Kevin and from the moment we met him we were in love with his work! He was flexible with everything we had concerns with, made us feel great and relaxed when taking our pictures. I absolutely loved every single photo from our big day! We will definitely use him again whenever we can! Best photographer in my eyes!

Stacey
11/12/2011

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, please stop here as Kevin York is amazing and is also very affordable. We love our engagement and wedding photos and am glad we picked Kevin. I look at our pictures almost daily and everyone that I show them to is blown away.

Kevin is very professional and easy to get along with which made the whole process very enjoyable. My husband and I lived out of town and he was very easy to work with and very resposinve. Kevin worked with our schedule when we would be in town for meetings and appointments.

We took our engagement pictures just a few days before the wedding and were so overjoyed with the photos. I was so impressed I just needed to have a large photo printed for our wedding day and Kevin made it happen. The day of Kevin knew all the right spots to take photos and worked with our large group very easily. He got all the perfect moments and then some and my husband and I had such a great time together taking the pictures. Our whole day is captured just the way that I imagined.

At the end of the night Kevin put up a slide show of pictures that we had taken earlier and it was so neat to be able to share those pictures with our friends and family that day. They loved them just as much as we did.

I want to thank Kevin and his team for proving us with a great service.

Gina
09/24/2011

I loved working with Kevin and his staff. They made me feel comfortable and at ease being photographed. Everything was planned out perfectly and made for a very easy day. The work was very good and they were very affordable.

Services Used: Photography

Kevin came highly recommended, and although I don't know all that much about what to look for in a photographer, this guy was hardcore. He's not just a wedding photographer, but an official NASCAR photographer, with a bunch of celebrity photos in his portfolio to boot.

We wanted a low-key photographer, and that's what we got with Kevin York. He wasn't obtrusive, and the few times I did notice him, he was snapping away taking what seemed to be non-stop pictures. When we first got our photos back (the proofs), we were amazed at some of the shots he got that were not only awesome, but it was like "How didn't we see him taking that picture???"

Great photographer, and really nice guy. Comparatively speaking, and with his level of experience and the quality of his work, this guy is a bargain. Wedding day and engagement shoot were about $1,000.00 less than the other photographers we interviewed, and his work was significantly better.

Services Used: Photography

Kevin was truly amazing. He was recommended to us by our DJ, and he delivered above and beyond our expectations. He was very artsy, and that was exactly what we were looking for. It was difficult to sort through all of the 'weekend warrior' hobbyist type photographers, so it was refreshing (and relieving) to finally find a real photographer who was formally trained, and didn't just pick up a camera and teach himself.

Kevin was able to not just take the traditional photos, but to capture intimate moments that we never expected. This was a personal touch which brought tears to my eyes when he finally presented the proofs to us. The photos he took were priceless, and most of the time we didn't even know he was there.

We will be spreading his name to our friends planning weddings in the future.

Services Used: Photography

Kevin York is a true professional and a super nice guy and just happens to take the most beautiful pictures around. He made the most of our limited time on our wedding day and rolled with the punches (weather, scheduling and unexpected happenings wise). We were so thrilled with his pictures, which captured such a range of emotions in such a range of styles. He did a great job with the portraits and gives just enough direction to get the best out of you, but without being overbearing. He also did a great job with candid pictures and was unobtrusive during our reception, yet caught amazing moments. Kevin also set up a "photo booth" style portrait area and this proved to be a great surprise and major fun for our guests. I'd recommend Kevin without hesitation - he is a master!

Services Used: Photography

Where do I begin with how amazing my wedding pictures turned out?! Where do I begin with how skilled Kevin's eye is for wedding shots, photo opportunities, and creativity with the camera?! Where do I being with how passionate Kevin is for his job and how compassionate he is towards his clients?!
I came to Kevin York as a bride-to-be with big ideas and a small budget. He worked with me in finding a wedding package that suited my budget, but still gave me everything I wanted with my photos. When my mother and I met with Kevin, we got a great feeling about him right away. He shared stories of the weddings he photographed in the past, and you could tell he enjoyed the weddings as if he were one of the guests celebrating along with the family. I realized it is good to have a photographer that enjoys being there at the wedding while doing his/her job, as opposed to someone just doing their job.
Kevin has a great fun-loving and out-going personality! My family felt comfortable around him and absolutely loved him! I think his allowed him to capture my family being themselves on film - we're a goofy bunch!
Kevin's portfolios of photos are gorgeous! The theme of his website is "Let me show you what love looks like", and he does exactly that in every photo, whether it's with you and your groom, or between you and your family and friends. He captures every smile, tear, sigh, and the many moments of laughter! Kevin's ability to be creative with the camera in unfamiliar places provides amazing variety to your album. Some of the most artistic and beautiful photos of me where shot in the decorated lobby of our hotel where I got ready!
Kevin is quite the experienced photographer! His portfolio of photos, and his ability to create unique photo opportunites and scenes are proof of his experience. But, his ability to snap shots of a personal moment at the wedding that are so intimate, without you noticing his presence is a talent in itself.
I am very impressed with the collection of photos Kevin took for our wedding, not to mention there are so many to choose from! I would recommend his services to anyone!
Kevin York is really good at what he does, and he loves it, too! And it shows!