Keith Christopher Entertainment

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
KCE was great to work with! The DJ did a fantastic job keeping the party going at our wedding reception!
Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Keith Christopher Entertainment Group did an amazing job at my August wedding. My husband and I worked with Daryle and he was so easy to work with. He asked us questions that helped him decide what music we would really enjoy during the wedding. Our guests couldn't stop saying how great they thought the DJ was. He also listened to requests made by some of our guests and it was so fun. People were on the dance floor all night long! We are so happy with our choice to have Keith Christopher Entertainment Group DJ at our wedding, and I would recommend them to EVERYONE who hasn't booked their DJ yet!! They were great!

- Newly Married
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 10 Reviews
We decided to go with Keith Christopher Entertainment after talking with a few DJ companies. We got the Basic Package because it was reasonably priced and added uplighting to it. We were told that we would be able to choose our own DJ (normally a part of the higher package), since we had booked uplighting with them as well. We chose Daryle because we wanted a DJ who knew Spanish music. A couple weeks before the wedding as I was looking at our planning form online (which is set up very nicely), it said our DJ had changed to Mario. I emailed and called Keith Christopher a few times and I guess another couple had gotten a higher package and wanted to choose Daryle. I explained why I had been able to choose our DJ, but no comments were ever written down in our file about this and the person who had helped us had retired. Honestly, it was not a big deal because they found a DJ who also knew Spanish music, but I just wish I had been notified of the change instead of just coming across it on the planning website.

As for the actual services on our wedding day, the uplighting looked really nice (we had purple uplights) and our DJ did a fantastic job. Mario played slower and older songs at the beginning to get people dancing who might leave early. He also included quite a few Spanish songs and knew when to play them during the night. The last few hours really picked up with the music and a lot more people were on the dance floor. He also coordinated things very well with us for our dances, cake cutting, etc. and always took cues from us. He played almost every song on our play list and read the crowd very well! He also helped me in the days before in coming up with songs to have for our slideshow & various parts of the reception, which helped me out a lot! I truly appreciate his hard work and felt that he really made our wedding that much more enjoyable!

Bottom line: Great services for a very reasonable price, just make sure to get things in writing!
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
1.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 2 Reviews
We were disappointed with our experience with Keith Christopher. We were upset he did not follow through on some of the items we specified during our meeting as well as what we noted in our online planning portal.

For example, we wanted our father/daughter guests to join us half way through the father/daughter dance so the DJ (Daryle) was supposed to invite all fathers and daughters to the dance floor. I kept trying to make eye contact with the DJ but no luck so I had to make eye contact with my groom and so he had to run to the DJ to notify him. By that time, the song was coming to an end so there was no point. The DJ made sure not to do the same mistake again with the mother son dance.

A comment we received from the bridal party was that they didn't have enough time to do their bridal entrance act. Each bridesmaid and groomsmen had an elaborate plan on how they would enter and it was cut short because the DJ started to call the next bridesmaid and groomsmen.

In addition, we requested for the DJ to state the first and last name for each during the entrance. And he only mentioned the first name. Granted we had a lot of people, but that should not matter because we are ultimately paying for their service. The groom spent some time with him to review the pronunciations to each name a few days before the wedding and the DJ didn't even end up saying the last names nor did he inform us he wasn't going to fulfill our request. If for whatever reason, a vendor can not fulfill a request made by the client, the vendor should let the client know, right?

Lastly, which was most upsetting (even my parents were upset) was that he cut the money dance (Filipino custom during wedding receptions) super short!! I had no idea he was going to play a few songs and then ask everyone to wrap it up. If I had known this I would have made the request for him to play until the last person dances with the groom and bride during the money dance. I was extremely disappointed!

Private User 6 Reviews
I had booked KCE for my wedding a couple weeks ago (12/7/13) and they were wonderful. Daryl was my DJ and he was fabulous to work with. He listened to all my suggestions, played exactly what we wanted and kept our crowd happy. I received many compliments throughout the night about how great my DJ was. We also booked the photo booth package which was a huge hit and I would highly recommend it! KCE has a great website tool that you fill out all your song requests/dislikes, story on how you meet your fiance, and much more. Working with them was wonderful and I could not have been happier!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had the most wonderful expierence with Larry Brooks from Keith Christopher Entertainment. I actually had another DJ booked for my wedding and they ended up canceling on me 4 weeks before my date. I had been getting emails from Keith Christopher entertainment but didn't pay attention because I had one booked. When my DJ canceled with no real reason I was a reck. I wished that I had not deleted the emails. When I went to the bridal salon to have my dress altered I asked if they had any reccomendations. The girl told me she was at a wedding that Keith Christopher Entertainment had done and she had the contact info. This is when I first spoke to Larry on the phone. When I talked to him he put my worries at ease. He was able to give me a great deal and the way that he talked about his buisness you could tell that he is passionate about his work, and about the buisness he works for. My schedule was crazy and he was so accomodating and was able to set up phone interviews. He was kind, sweet, caring, and he kept telling me that my wedding would go off without a hitch. The day of our wedding was the first time that I had met him and he did an amazing job. He arrived at our venue early and had everything set up by the time my bridal party was there to do pictures! He had such a wide varitey of music and was awesome at taking requests from people. I can't express in words how very pleased I was. Everyone at our wedding kept asking who are DJ was, and they kept telling me how great he was! It was the best time. I will give my highest reccomendation for Larry Brooks to do your wedding! If you chose Larry Brooks from Keith Christopher Entertainment you will not be dissapointed and I promise that DJ wise, your wedding will go off without a hitch. I can't thank him enough!
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were initially not sure that we wanted to have a DJ at our wedding reception. Troy was recommended to us through a coworker's brother. We met with Troy and discovered that he was associated with a professional entertainment group that had a solid reputation, was engaging, had a great sense of humor and was enthusiastic. We booked him at the meeting, used the online planning tools and met with him the week before the wedding to finalize the details. Troy did an outstanding job keeping the pace at the reception comfortable. We did not have to worry about a thing! He had the dance floor rockin all night! Troy was a consummate professional! Thank you to Troy and The KC Group for helping make our wedding reception fun and memorable! Roger and Sharon
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had the pleasure of celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on Saturday with the help of Keith Christopher and DJ Larry and assistant Matt. Everyone is still talking about what a great time it was Everyone was up dancing all night long! We highly recommend Keith Christopher to anyone looking for great entertainment. Thank you Larry and Matt for helping to make a perfect night! Judy and John
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Keith Christopher Entertainment to DJ our reception because they stood out. We went to an event to show off two different DJ companies. They have a philosophy to how they work & it just made more sense to us that just picking dance music that didn't fit the situation & the DJ's didn't seem to have any personality. We knew we wanted to use this DJ when we met with KC a few weeks later. He presented his ideas & we told him what we liked & didn't like. Larry called us a few days before the wedding & went over everything. We explained that we didn't want to spread out the speeches like they tend to do & he said he would just delay it until the first course came out so the guests could eat and listen. We used AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" for our walk in song. We wanted to let the music play for a little & get the guests pumped, because, let's face it, that song is perfect for it! He did such a good job of that on the day of, and we had so much fun walking in to the combination of people clapping & pumping their fists in the air. It was just what we wanted. I loved that they played the perfect combination of music at our wedding and, just as they said they would, played based on the mood of the crowd. We never had an empty dance floor & that is all credited to Larry & his assistant for the night. My parents presented us with Hawaiian wedding lei's as is our family tradition, and he found the song we needed. It was a very emotional presentation & having that song playing in the background made it even more special. My husband used to do some DJing himself so the quality of the music & the diversity was really important to him. They never played the music too loud throughout dinner & it never felt like being in a nightclub where everyone had to shout to hear each other. Music has always been an important part of my husband's & my lives. That's why Keith Christopher Entertainment was the perfect fit for us. We could not have been happier with them. Thank you again Larry!
Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Larry and his Team did an exceptional job for us. We had a lot of different ages and types of people attending. My daughter and I liked using the website to set many of the night's "events" which helped to be sure things were clear. Once the reception got going everything moved along nicely but was still fun and flexible so we weren't all "trapped" into a program. Once we got down to dancing Larry was able to accommodate our requests easily, even a few very personal and unusual ones. Virtually everyone there complemented us on our music selections and for that I credit both my Daughter AND Larry. I highly recommend Larry and Keith Christopher Entertainment and would love to have the opportunity to use them again
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 1 Reviews
I think everyone from Wedding wire should visit Yelp to see all the other bad reviews about KC entertainment. Wedding wire must be hiding the bad reviews.... I was also completely unahppy with KC's performance at my wedding. I spent hours just like everyone else filling out his online wedding tool forms, and they were not recognized whatsoever. NONE of my "must play" songs were ever played. He made sly remarks about my family members that were dancing over the microphone and it offended them. We had guests at our wedding that we referred him to and when they went to introduce themselves to him, he barely made an effort to talk to them and was rude. KC gave us the best pitch when we was trying to book us and as i look back and reflect, it was all a lie. KC was the first and only DJ that we went to interview and his pitch was so good that we decided to book, without looking at any other companies. that was a big mistake on our part, but I honestly trusted him that much.
He went on and on about how they are not cookie cutter DJ's but that is exactly what I got. He played the electric slide, "twist" by chubby checker, and Tim McGraw "im amazed by you", ridiculous. I also paid for him to have an assistant with him, and he did not bring one. Maybe that is why we was in a horrible mood. I am completely serious when I say that the only dissapointment of my whole wedding was hiring KC. Sorry KC.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I first talked with Larry he was engaging, accommodating and worked hard to put me at ease. I met with K.C. (the owner) He talked this big flower speech and stated how they were the best in the business. He talked about how important it was to have introductions for your bridal party and how their mission was to get the guests on the dance floor having a good time. I was assured if any crisis arose they had an excellent policy for back up dj options. Nothing to worry about. I left the meeting so excited. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted a dj but after hearing K.C. talk I was convinced I needed one of his djs. We met with our dj and had a great meeting 2 days before the wedding. And that's where the positive experience stops. I walked in to our reception room and saw Mark, a Jersey shore cast off looking guy setting up sound equipment. I asked him who he was and he told me our dj had a family emergency and he was the replacement.
We wrote the introductions for our bridal party. (We spent hours coming up with just the right info)
While Mark told us he was new (since it was his first gig with the KC entertainment company) all he had to do was read what we wrote. He read the intros like he had never seen them before. They were all choppy and the music was either not on or too loud. Then he mixed up some of the introductions and not only did he get them mixed up he read one twice for two different people and skipped my brothers introduction completely. He played the wrong song for our entry. He played the song that was for the cake cutting. I understand sometimes mistakes happen but he STOPPED IT as we were walking on stage. Then started the intro song as we were leaving the stage to go cut the cake. As we were walking down the stairs OUT OF SIGHT of the guests the intro song starts blasting. I even had guests tell me they were trying to help Mark out! And when I called to talk about what happened after the wedding KC asked if he could call me back. I'm still waiting.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired them for my wedding. The were very professional. Larry arrived on time and left after the reception had ended. Their service is outstanding and reasonable.
Wedding: 08/24/2013
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used Keith Christopher for my backyard wedding August 10th. We had just over 200 guests and Michael was our DJ. We discussed the wedding plans at length over the phone and he had me fill out a very helpful event planning guide. I wasn't as prompt as I should have been and Michael was great at reminding me, always staying positive and professional.
The day of the wedding, Michael came early and was ready to help out with all aspects of the wedding since he was set up ahead of schedule... he was really great. We had a band after the ceremony and another guest paid the band (without out consent) to play an extra hour... this would have been a HUGE glitch if Michael didn't step in and make sure we were aware of the situation (we weren't) and he resolved everything, again, very professionally. I can personally recommend Keith Christopher entertainment, they made my special day perfect!! Thanks KC and Michael!!!
Wedding: 08/10/2013

Brittany 4 Reviews
We could not have asked for a better DJ. Troy from Keith Christopher is awesome. He played all the music we enjoyed, and a little something for everyone. He kept everyone on the dance floor, and planned all the events of the night perfectly!!
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Larry worked with Krystian and I through out our entire DJ experience with Keith Christopher Entertainment. We met him when we first inquired as our sales representative, he did a great through our first meeting explaining the packages and different options. We could tell right away that this DJ company cared about our special day. We got our online planning portal right away and were able to choose how our event would flow and the type of music we would like to be played. I found the online planning portal to be a great help and it really helped us plan our event. I called Larry a few months before the wedding to discuss who would be our DJ, and he told me he was! I was very excited and happy to hear this since he was our original contact. Larry did a fantastic job through out the entire reception, he kept everyone dancing through out the night and played most people's requests. He had a great selection of music. We got a lot of good feedback from people attending the wedding.
Wedding: 07/27/2013
 847-278-1050
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire