Kate Preftakes Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I can't say enough about Kate. She is so calm and professional, and she blended in to our day so well - by the end of the evening she felt like an old friend! Her images are gorgeous, full of light and capturing the meaningful elements of the day. I was worried about feeling awkward in front of the camera, but she made the photos so fun and stress-free. And I couldn't be happier with the images! A friend wrote to me, "I never thought photos could capture the feeling of your day, but I was blown away. I can't stop looking at them!" And neither can I! Not only are they visually stunning, but they reflect the way that the day felt for us. She captured all the small details, and she went above and beyond for us - even venturing out into the snow to capture some incredible nighttime images! I recommend Kate whole-heartedly.

Services Used: Photography

Kate was so amazing to work with! She was fun, sweet, and stayed calm and delightful throughout the day, even when families made things hectic :) She is one of the kindest vendors you can work with, and does a great job with her photographs. They were a beautiful work of art, and we could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding day.

Services Used: Photography

Kate and her mother Nadine are masters at their craft. This is your photographer; look no further. Her vision is pure beauty. She captures light, laughter and love. Choosing a photographer for my wedding day was a task I took very seriously. I wanted a certain aesthetic...one that I knew Kate Preftakes Photography could deliver. I was not disappointed. The photographs bring tears to my eyes. Kate and Nadine are kind, cool, calm, and collected. They make you feel at ease while they gracefully dance around your wedding day capturing dreamy moments. I will cherish these photos forever. Choose Kate Preftakes...you will not regret it.

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

Kate is amazing!!! She did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos on April 26, 2014. All of her pictures are beautiful and we have gotten so many compliments. Not only is she so talented at what she does, she is extremely reliable. She responds promptly to emails, arrives early and gave us our wedding pictures about two weeks later. She is highly recommended!

Services Used: Photography

Working with Kate was truly a pleasure from day one. I saw some of her photos on Style Me Pretty which led me to her website and after our first phone conversation, I knew that she was the photographer for us. My husband, on the other hand, likes to explore every possible option and after looking at countless photographers' work, agreed that Kate was the best choice for us.

Kate and her second shooter arrived early on the day of the wedding and ready to go, which was awesome because she was able to get so many beautiful "getting ready" shots. They were both so nice and fun to work with and really put me at ease. You could tell that they both really love what they do as they put so much care into their work and truly seem excited about it.

The day after we returned from our honeymoon, we received an email from Kate with a link to her blog post featuring our wedding and a special slide show she put together for us, which my mom and I have not stopped watching since. Kate captured so many beautiful moments, not only between my husband and I, but also of our friends and family and all of the little details we had spent many months preparing. She was even able to get great photos of our 2 dogs who were part of our day and our 2-year old nephew who was our ringbearer...all of which are always on the move! She also has a wonderful way of putting the photos together to tell a story. We are so in love with every single one of our photos and thankful for Kate's wonderful work!

Profile Picture
Jane
1 Review
06/29/2013

We love Kate! Kate took the photos for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding, and working with her was a great experience. She took the time to meet up with us a few months before the wedding to talk through the feel of our wedding and the kinds of photos we might want. We liked her immediately. At the wedding Kate and her assistant (who happened to be her mom--may sound strange but was actually awesome) had a way of being really present and making everyone very comfortable, but also being somehow invisible and taking all these shots we had not idea they were taking. Many people at our wedding commented that Kate and her mom were lovely to be around. That's how we felt too! That they were so fun (and a comforting presence in key moments like getting ready) to be around was an unexpected and excellent surprise.
And the photos themselves are terrific! She made a beautiful blog post that we sent around to our family, and we are now sifting through the 1,600 photos they took trying to decide which ones to put in our album. They are all so wonderful and really capture the spirit of the event and our personalities.
We couldn't be happier with Kate and we will definitely use her for any other photography needs in the future. Highly highly recommend!

Services Used: Photography

Kate Preftakes provided photography services for my daughter's June 2012 wedding. She worked in a team with her mother. They succeeded in getting many beautiful shots of various parts of the day, while working very discreetly.

Services Used: Photography

Kate was great! She was willing to do anything to get the pictures we wanted! Her style was exactly what I wanted, and the online gallery was perfect!

Services Used: Photography

Kate was wonderful to work with. She and her partner capture the moment in every picture they take. They take wonderful cameos as well as portraits. They have great fresh ideas and are willing to do/try anything you ask of them. Thanks for all your hard work!
-Jenn and Dan

Services Used: Photography

My husband, family and I were all thrilled with Kate as our photographer. She has a great eye for seeing what will look good in a photograph and has a ton of fun while she is working with you. Kate and her mother worked so well with us and were very unobtrusive. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed every moment of taking photos whether posed or candid. We could not be happier with how our wedding and engagement photographs turned out.

Services Used: Photography

Kate did a phenomenal job on our wedding photos. She was so flexible and easy to work with, very professional and such a nice person. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding photos- they really look like they came right out of a wedding magazine! Her rates were very reasonable as well. I cannot recommend her enough (my husband is a photographer and he gives her five stars, too!)

Services Used: Photography

Kate & her mom did an amazing job at our wedding. They were very responsive, professional and clearly love doing what they do! So glad we worked with them, we've had a ton of positive remarks about our photos.

Services Used: Photography

Kate and her team were amazing!! She was helpful every step of the way!! Her pictures were breathe taking and make me tear up everytime I see how beautifully she captured our day. She was accommodating and felt like I was dealing with an old friend. She was so very sweet and helpful I am forever thankful to her. She is so very talented. I knew she was talented when I hired her bit didn't realize how amazingly talented she was until I looked at our pictures. They still make my father tear up whenever he looks at them. Thank you Kate!!

Services Used: Photography

Kate was FANTASTIC to work with!! She promptly replied to all emails and calls. She was also really helpful in the few weeks before the wedding and didn't mind all of my questions and planning. Finally, her pictures are AMAZING! I have had trouble choosing which ones to frame because there are just so many fantastic shots. Many of the pics look like they are from a magazine. In short, Kate was enjoyable to work with, very professional, and her pictures are wonderful. I highly recommend her!!

Services Used: Photography

Words can't describe how lovely it was having Kate as our photographer. She is talented, professional, fun, friendly, did I mention talented? I was so comfortable having her around, which I really think helped my photos turn out natural and relaxed. (or as relaxed as I could have been on my wedding day!) Kate took a perfect mix of photojournalistic style shots with more traditional ones, and she captured so many of the small moments and details that I would have missed on my hectic day. I'm having so much trouble picking my favorite shots for my albums! I would recommend Kate Preftakes to anyone in a heartbeat.

Services Used: Photography

What attracted us to Kate most was the wonderful rappor she builds with her clients. This makes it easy for you to relax on your special day and for Kate to easily capture so many special moments. Kate has a keen eye for "pretty" photos, which comes through in the way that she works with you to build your final albums. Her attention to service is exceptional.