JW Marriott New Orleans

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My parents and I partnered with Michelle Schwall at the JW Marriott New Orleans to coordinate my wedding. My parents fell in love with the exquisite service received during their venue search and polished look of the hotel. My husband and I had an amazing and lovely time working with the entire team at the JW including Michelle around the details of our wedding. Michelle and the sales team were excellent and put all of our concerns, worries and planning panics at ease; they will become your best friends throughout the process. We highly recommend the JW to host any event, especially a wedding. The ballrooms are grand with chandeliers and balconies and the food, service and assistance are fabulous. Go with the JW, you will not regret it.

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found the service at the JW Marriott so personally caring and helpful. It reminded of an hotel that is not part of a chain- more like a personal, caring staff that really cared about our event. Emily Sita, Jim Fein, Michelle Schwall and Chef Carlos and William at the door were the names I remembered for their incredible outstanding service.

• Wedding: 10/29/2013
Bluma
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily Sita and the J.W. Marriott were a pleasure to work with. We've recommended them to others.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily Sita and Keith Vincent were so great to work with. Wedding receptions can be very stressful. They made the event stress-free!! Everything was perfect! The staff at the JW Marriott was wonderful and so helpful all weekend!

The only suggestion I have is this....I think the parents of the bride should be allowed to have some of the food from the reception sent to their suite/room as well as the bride and groom. Sitting down to eat at the reception is just not possible!!! There just isn't time. I know we would have appreciated having something in our suite after the reception.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Greatest experience of my life and greatest night of my life! We recently had our ceremony and reception at the J.W. Marriott. The JW staff exemplified professionalism, personality, and initiative that quite frankly the other locations (sales executives) did not provide. We had been had told, “no,” or “we can’t promise that,” and my favorite, “that’s not included in the package,” throughout the whole process until luckily finding Emily and the J.W. We cannot stress enough how much of an impact Emily had in our decision making process. We got everything we could have asked for. The JW made the entire process through the wedding date itself…easy. I would sometimes email small novels to the staff late at night needing questions answered, etc. and like clockwork we’d get an email back the next morning. We were not expecting to get that level of communication and service, all the while keeping the process easy. It goes to show you that if you have the right people in place, good things happen. We’ve gotten nothing but compliments on the wedding thus far, and I attribute that to what the J.W. was able to provide us. Guests were constantly complimenting us for utilizing the hotel and how nice of a setting it was. The hotel provided us with a block of rooms and there was no penalty if the rooms were not rented. Another item to point out was the helpfulness and courteousness of the staff. It seemed as though every time you turned around someone was asking if they could help. And you cannot beat the location. Our guests enjoyed being able to walk everywhere they wanted. The staff was also very accommodating to helping us with the set up of decorations and coordinating with our vendors for drop offs. The kind of service we were provided was very much appreciated. It was a pleasure having our day at the J.W. Everything was beautiful and I could not I would recommend anyone looking for a venue to pick the J.W.!

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
Krista
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were throughly pleased with the JW Marriott in New Orleans from beginning to end for our wedding. We would definitely pick the JW Marriott again if we had a do over.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
Chelsey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have picked a better venue for my wedding! From the beginning with Emily as our sales agent and then with Keith as our event manager, I felt like we were getting above and beyond our expectations of what we wanted in a reception venue. The fact that the hotel had just been renovated was an added bonus. Not only was the hotel gorgeous, but the food was fantastic as well. We are still getting calls from friends and family that attended the reception telling us how wonderful our food was!

• Wedding: 03/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have selected a better place to have the reception. The staff was wonderful to work with and so accommodating!

• Wedding: 01/19/2013
Kim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The hotel is beautful, in a great location and has enough space for any size wedding. The ballroom is beautiful. It boasts larger than life chandeliers and views of Canal St. The staff is unparalleled. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate myself and my guests. I was blown away by their attentiveness and genuine enjoyment in their jobs. I highly recommend the JW Marriott New Orleans for your wedding.

Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop commenting on how good the food was and how beautiful the venue was. I couldn't have been more pleased. Our room block worked out perfectly and our guests were all pleased.

Miriam Silva and Emily Sita are the way to go in JW Marriott world!

This is a don't miss on your New Orleans wedding hunt!

• Wedding: 12/08/2012
lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The service and staff were incredible! They gave us an absolutely perfect day! My family arrived the Sunday before the wedding, and the staff treated us as their family all week. Emily was fantastic! Miriam was our event coordinator. She was unbelievable throughout the entire process! She had great ideas and was willing to work with us on any idea we had. The food was also great! My husband and I live in New Orleans, but we are from Illinois. This was a destination wedding for all the guests and they absolutely loved the Marriott. Most of the guests stayed at the marriott for a couple of days before and after the wedding. Every one had a fabulous time! I will definitely be recommending the JW to anyone having a wedding.

• Wedding: 11/24/2012
Kaitlyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The event coordinators at JW Marriott in New Orleans are extremely helpful. They provided me with everything I wanted, plus pointed me in the right direction if they couldn't provide me with what I needed.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
Kala
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The J.W. Marriott hotel staff worked with us from start to finish to create the perfect wedding experience. The night was flawless-the food, the set-up, the service, the pace. It was the best night of my life. Our wedding coordinator also attended the food tasting and rehearsal with us to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. I highly recommend the J.W. Marriott for a wedding venue. They are so professional and willing to work with you to get you exactly what you want. I didn't have to worry about a thing all night; I just had a great time because I knew everything was taken care of. They are the best!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The quality of service, food, professionalism and beauty was incredible.
I highly recommend the JW for any venue

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
Cynthia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at the JW Marriott was great. I never stressed about the day, because I knew everything was taken care of by the staff at the JW!

• Wedding: 03/10/2012
Kimi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience from start to finish with my daughter's wedding reception. Emily Sita was a fantastic sales representative and first contact!! Mike Chamberlin was also wonderful and took care of every detail. They were both very professional. The pastry chef was also terrific!

• Wedding: 03/10/2012
terry
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very pleased with the entire process from shopping venues all the way through to checking out of the hotel and beginning my honeymoon. It all went better than I could have imagined.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Jennifer
504-527-6752
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards