Just Sew Bridal Alterations

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I am so happy to have used Renee to alter my wedding dress. After ordering my dress I realized it was too long and too big. I came to Renee with only 5 weeks to alter my dress, it needed to be shortened about 3 inches, taken in 2 inches on the waist, taken in on the hips and needed a bustle made. Renee was able to make it all happen, and more! The dress fit like a glove and was absolutely beautiful. She was able to steam it and have it packaged up for me to take home. She also videoed the back of the dress being laced up and bustled so my MOH was able to easily do both. Renee was great and so friendly, I am so happy I picked her to alter my wedding dress.

Ashlee
05/16/2015

When I first started thinking of getting my moms wedding dress redesigned and altered for my wedding I was nervous because the dress screamed early 90's and was way too small. When I first met Renee I was immediately greeted with a smile and welcomed into her home. Renee listened to what I wanted and helped transform the dress to something better than I could ever imagine! She is extremely professional and all around a great person to work with! I would HIGHLY recommend her service to other brides! I drove about thirty minutes too and from her house and it was well worth it! I'm telling ya... She's simply the best around!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Renee' is absolutely fantastic! I found her while Google searching wedding alteration and just from the reviews alone I took one of the best chances with my couture wedding dress! She is amazing, her customer service isn't measurable! If you want outstanding customer service with a warm and sincere heart, she's the seamstress for the job whether big or small!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Renee at Just Sew by Renee is seriously the best at alterations ever!! I knew immediately that she would be wonderful to work with; she's so nice and personable and very knowledgeable about fabrics and alterations/sewing! We began the process just over 2 months until the wedding, and Renee got it done in plenty of time even though she had quite a bit to alter! :D My dress was initially two sizes too big (whoops), and it was I think 7" or so too long (yay short people) and it had a "horsehair" hem which is more complicated to alter! Oh and my dress had a lace overlay with this beautiful spacing between the lace on the skirt (it's James Clifford style J11371 for reference) and we decided to shorten the skirt and not lose the detailing at the bottom by taking the length from those gaps! The dress turned out so beautiful! It fit me great! Renee added cups into the bust, which had a little push-up so that I fit the dress better, and she helped me pick the bustle (I went with the traditional bustle), and she told me how to sit in the dress without damaging the hooks and eyes in the bustle! She also had the dress steamed so that when I picked it up at the final alteration it would be ready for the wedding day! On top of all that, she handled sending it to a dress preservation specialist somewhere up north for me so I didn't have to figure it out myself and I knew the dress is in good hands! Overall, Renee did an amazing job on my wedding dress, and I hope I have dresses in need of alterations in the future so I can work with her again! Thank you so much Renee, the dress was beautiful!! :)

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Renee was a God send! I had a trumpet style, ruched dress that needed taken in 2 sizes. I also wanted to add a beaded belt. Not only did she make my dress fit like a glove but she also handmade the most beautiful belt! It matched perfectly. 2 weeks before my wedding I decided my strapless dress wasn't exactly what I wanted. Renee stepped in and added the most beautiful straps. They matched the dress perfectly and now I can't imagine it any other way. Renee offered wonderful advice when my mom and MOH couldn't be at the appointments. She is very patient, personable, and extremely talented! I highly recommend Renee!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Renee was amazing! She was the key piece in helping make my wedding happen. I planned my wedding from long distance and live overseas and only had the week of my wedding to come back to the states and get my dress altered. She was able to make a turn around for me within in 48 hours and everything was beautiful. She was super flexible with my schedule that week based on changes and the limited time frame to squeeze everything in and was highly responsive when my mother had to be the one to contact her to change times and dates. She even was able to do a minor alteration to my mothers dress in the same time frame and had it steamed. I cannot speak highly enough of her and she is truly talented! I highly recommend Renee for your wedding or event alterations. Thanks Renee for everything!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Basically, Renee was amazing. I have a crazy work/school schedule and she had no trouble finding times that would work within that without making me crazy! I had no idea what needed to be altered on my dress and Renee was able to help me figure out not only what I wanted it to look like, but what could be done to make the dress look perfect. And it did; it fit absolutely perfectly the day of my wedding. Renee truly cares about the work she does and making sure everything is as good as it can possibly be. She exceeded my expectations and I couldn't have asked for anything else!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Just Sew did the alterations on my dress. Renee is easy to work with and did a fabulous job on my dress. All the alterations were completed to the highest expectations and done in a timely manner. Renee has tons of great advice and knowledge.

Sarah
10/10/2014

Ms. Renee at Just Sew Bridal Alternations is AMAZING!!! She made major alternations on my dress (it was several sizes to big) and she did it in no time! I was shocked when I went in for my second fitting and the dress was all put back together. She even made me a custom bushel which is absolutely beautiful. Every time I put this dress on I’m in tears, with much thank to Ms. Renee. She treats you like family and does incredible work! You won't regret getting your alternations done here.

Just Sew Bridal Alterations responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Sarah! I am so happy you looked so beautiful when everything was completed! I was my pleasure, and a blessing that I can help each bride be and look so beautiful for their dream wedding day! Enjoy every minute, and many blessings!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I sincerely loved working with Renee! She not only is friendly and personable but did beautiful work when she altered my dress! I hope to get Renee to help me find a company to professionally clean and store my dress.

Private User
Recently Married

Renee was an absolute miracle worker! My dress was 4 sizes too big and she was able to size it down and made it look like the dress was made for me! She was super friendly and easy to work with!

Brittany
09/27/2014

Just Sew took my dress and really made it come alive! My wedding day would not have been the same without "My dress". I fell in love with a dress that could no long be ordered so I had to buy the dress off the shelf. It was over 4 sizes to big. I went with my heart and bought the dress. I traveled over 4 hours to have Renee (Just Sew) alter my dress. Just Sew did a awesome job and everything I wanted. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and well worth every penny we spend to have such a wonderful experience. Oh and the have my dress fit like a glove on my wedding day.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I took my dress to Just Sew after a co-worker gave Renee wonderful reviews. Every part of the experience was stress-free and pleasant. After our initial meeting I felt so confident in leaving my dress with her that I really had zero anxiety that my dress would be anything less than perfect. She was such a professional and made suggestions that I hadn't even thought of that made all the difference in the world. I would recommend her to anyone!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I could not say enough great things about Renee! I bought my dress on sale (and a few sizes too big) because I loved it that much. It did have some beaded bands around the midsection that I was not crazy about but I already had a vision in my head of how I could alter it to be the perfect dress I had been looking for. I found Renee on the internet and on a whim, asked her to do my alterations. She EXCEEDED my expectations and truly made my dress into everything I hope it would be. I had her remove the beaded bands and instead add a ribbon sash with three white flowers on the side. She also made it so the ribbon could tie into a subtle bow on the back of my dress. She had to take my dress in and cut a lot of length off since it was way too long for me.

Besides the flower sash, one of my absolute favorite things she did was the bustle. I had a ballgown-type gown that had layers of organza. She bustled it so that you could barely tell it was bustled - it looked more like a shorter, party version of my dress (the hem still covered my feet). Renee suggested a few ways she could bustle it, and even though I picked the "harder" way that involved more work on her part, she was happy to oblige and in my opinion, the end result was stunning.

Renee was super easy to work with and talk to. She makes you feel at ease during the whole process and you know you are going to get the results you want. My mother was also very pleased with the results, and couldn't stop gushing about the wonderful job Renee did. I also bought my veil from her, as well as a flower hairclip that matched the three flowers on the sash.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

All I can say is WOW!! We purchased a very expensive wedding dress with a very detailed beaded train out of town. We knew it would need to be altered down the road and worried about who would do this for months. We found Renee online and based on her reviews we scheduled an appointment for a first fitting. The dress needed a lot of work -- length, bust, bustle -- just about everything and we wanted to maintain the integrity of the gown. Renee was awesome. So kind, so friendly and didn't mind that we showed up with 5 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom! This was the first time they would all see "the dress!" Renee let us take our time, we talked through all of our expectations and I left feeling pretty great about the dress. When we returned for her first fitting the dress was perfect in EVERY WAY. There was no second fitting!! She completely exceeded my expectations! Renee is not only an expert seamstress, she also just could not be nicer! I would recommend Renee in a second!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I just loved working with Renee! She was so positive and excited for me that I couldn't help feel like a million bucks. Truly she helped make the dress fit perfectly and added some thought and attention to detail that proved her expertise to me. It fit perfectly and I felt so beautiful in it - the only sad part was when the night was over and it was no longer acceptable to wear it any more!