Julie's Deli & Market - Bakery

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Nicole 2 Reviews
They were a dream to work with! I called and had a cake tasting scheduled after the previous baker I looked into hiring fell through. Everything started on time, the Julie's Deli's baker was very professional and kind and talented. She showed me some cakes they had made, and one of them was the exact cake I had fallen in love with on Pinterest, which was awesome. I had a three-tier red velvet cake with buttercream frosting, and it was gorgeous and delicious.

However, the real star of the wedding was my husband's groom's cake. It was a cake replica of the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's starship from Star Wars, and it looked AMAZING. Seriously, people took pictures of it all night and it was a shame that we had to cut it up and eat it. The baker did a fabulous job on it, and it looked better than all the ones that I saw pictures of online. It was so detailed and well decorated that some people thought it was a decoration rather than the cake.

They handled all of the setting up and delivery and honestly, I never even had to contact them after the cake tasting where we went over the details and I paid. It was a wonderful thing to not have to worry about since getting married and planning a wedding is stressful enough. They made getting my cakes easy, fun, and the cakes were SO cool!
Wedding: 12/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding cake could not have been ANY better! It all started with our first tasting. I was an out of town bride. They scheduled a tasting for me and my fiance with a 2 week notice. When we arrived I did not have a clear idea about what I wanted for the cake. Jennifer, the catering coordinator, started asking me about the wedding itself. After showing her a picture of my dress she suggested that we mimic my dress for the cake. I was hesitant because my dress was all lace, very detailed, and it worried me that it would be a very poor imitation. However, I had no better ideas so I went with it. I'm so glad I did. They nailed it! Even down to the same pattern of the lace in my dress! The lace was heavy at the top tier and fell out to a looser pattern as the tiers progressed, there was a layer with a fondant wrap to mimic the satin sash on my waist, there were pearlized flowers to copy the flower aplique on the sash, even the edges were scalloped at the bottom to match my dress! They did all of this from the pictures on this website http://allurebridals.com/products/8850. They delivered the cake (on time) to the venue over an hour away. When they arrived, they had more than enough supplies to fix nearly any mistake or mishap. My dress had buttons on it that were mentioned but not pictured so they put buttons on the fondant layer. As they were setting the cake up in the reception hall, I was telling a friend that the only difference in my cake and my dress was that the buttons went all the way down my dress. To my delight and surprise, when we arrived after the ceremony, there were buttons all the way down the back of the cake! I could not have been more impressed with them. Their attention to detail, desire to make the cake exactly what you envision, and flexibility and easiness to work with made my experience with them perfect! I would recommend them a million times over! Oh, and the cakes tasted just as good as they looked, even my husband's KU Jayhawk groom's cake.
Wedding: 07/20/2013

tabyrne 5 Reviews
Julie's Deli was amazing to work with and my cake was even better.. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!
They were super responsive throughout the process and accommodated all my requests. My cake was more than I imagined.
THANK YOU!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was actually for a Harvest Texarkana auction item for wine and food tasting. but everything was outstanding. The food prepared was absolutely wonderful and unique. Everyone was impressed and had an awesome time. Received many compliments about the selection of the dishes served. Would not hesitate to do this again or to recommend Jennifer Hughes for any catering services!
Wedding: 06/03/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
ENJOYED THE EXPERIENCE. FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. MS HUGHES WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON TO WORK WITH. THE DELI WOULD BE MY FIRST STOP IN PLANNING ANOTHER EVENT.
Wedding: 03/06/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at Julie's Deli are always a pleasure to work with whether it is a small business luncheon or an event for hundreds. Julie's Deli strives to make every event bigger and better for their client. They are very creative and open to suggestions.

My events have always been PERFECT in the catering department while using Julie's Deli. It is because of there professionalism and personal interest in every client that I have choosen Julie's Deli Catering personally and professionally for the past seven years (and will continue to utlize their Catering and other services). I have NEVER been dissappointment.

Satisfied Customer,
Carol
Wedding: 01/28/2010
 903-792-3354
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire