Joanna Tano Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Joanna was great to work with. She answered all my questions. The photos came out beautiful. I received about 650 and hired her for 6 hours. She provided the online gallery about 3 weeks after my event, which was well within the contracted time.

Services Used: Photography

We were so fortunate to have had Joanna Tano as our photographer for the surprise vow renewal I planned while in Maui. She was extremely responsive from the first email. She gave me clear information about her services and the prices of her packages, She was extremely flexible about scheduling the date and time since we were coordinating it with the minister. I only booked this about 2 weeks ahead of time so I feel so fortunate to have been able to work with Joanna. She was so professional and easy going and made the whole experience so relaxing for my family, The pictures we received were amazing and we had nearly 200 high resolution pictures for a 40 minute session. As one family member said of the pictures, "it was like I was there as she captures all the moments of the event."

Services Used: Photography

We had the privilege of having Joanna Tano photograph our wedding at Four Seasons Resort Maui and were absolutely thrilled right from our first encounter with Joanna. She immediately reached out, clearly explained package options with us, greeted us on our wedding day and was a delight to work with. Joanna captured hundreds of special moments beautifully. She was so quick to edit and share the photos with us. We could not have dreamed of working with a more professional, kind, and lovely photographer. Joanna made us feel very comfortable doing our photo shoot and provided perfect guidance and instruction on how to pose and make our photos stunning. We highly recommend Joanna to anyone looking for a professional photographer!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Aloha Megan, Thank you so much for reviewing my services for your Maui Wedding. It was such a pleasure working with you and Adam on your lovely wedding day! Please keep in touch. ~ Joanna

Services Used: Photography

Joanna and her husband were absolute professionals. They had planned everything out very nicely to make the most of our time with them. They had photographed other couples on Lanai and as a result were very knowledgeable about where to take some really stunning pictures. We couldn't be happier with the pictures, the service, the professionalism, and the finish product! I would whole-heartedly recommend Joanna to anyone getting married in Hawaii.

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Michael, Thank you so much for your review! I really enjoyed working with you and Julie at your wedding on Lana'i! It was wonderful getting to know both of you through email and phone calls before hand and then capturing your beautiful day. Thank you so much for having us!

Reina & Brett
Recently Married

Joanna & her assistant were absolutely amazing to work with. Being in the catering/events + hospitality industry on a small island, we know that it's certainly about the quality of the work as well as the relationship. From the beginning of our conversation, Joanna was very flexible and truly listened to our needs/visions. Her works speak itself and the final edits were gorgeous. She definitely takes beautiful pictures using natural lights and awesome in taking candid photos. We truly recommend her for any occasions. It's those 'moments' she captures with her camera that make her a remarkable & unique photographer.

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Dear Reina and Brett, Thank you so much for this very kind review! It was an honor photographing your beautiful wedding day. I also enjoyed chatting with you before the wedding and learning about your vision and what types of photos you love. Stay in touch and let me know when you are back on Maui. Thank you for having me as your photographer!

Services Used: Photography

Joanna is the sweetest, nicest, and most talented photographer!! She shot our wedding, and the pictures turned out really beautifully. Leading up to the wedding, I regularly e-mailed Joanna to give her an idea about what I liked (I live in California), and she gave me very prompt and informative responses. On our wedding day, she showed up at my hotel room, and started to shoot every detail (my dress, accessories, bouquets, etc.). She then spent the rest of the day capturing the moment. She did an incredible job.

When she sent us our online gallery, we were extremely happy!! The pictures are really beautiful, natural, and gorgeous. My husband and I couldn’t be happier. We both strongly recommend Joanna for everybody. If we ever have the opportunity again (like if we renew our vows), we would definitely have her do another photo shoot for us.

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Dear Aya, Thank you so much for your review of my photography services. You and Kyle were wonderful to work with and it was wonderful to capture the beauty and love of your wedding day. I hope you had an amazing time on Maui and that you are able to return soon. Thank you so very much for having me as your photographer!

Services Used: Photography

Joanna was awesome! When I saw her blog, I loved the style of pictures she takes and knew I REALLY wanted to have Joanna shoot our wedding. She was super nice and patiently answered my many questions. Before the wedding, I emailed her a list of photos with family and friends that were important to us. Joanna had the list printed and just went through it after the ceremony to make sure we got all the group pictures we wanted. She did a honeymoon shoot for us up in Iao Valley and was super flexible with working around our schedule. All the pictures turned out wonderfully and Joanna is the best!!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Olivia, thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that I was there to capture not only your wedding at the Four Seasons but also your honeymoon session at Iao Valley. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Jerome and working with you both. Thanks for having me as your photographer!

Everly
10/04/2014

We love working with Joanna Tano Photography for our weddings and events. Not only is she professional and talented, but our clients love working with her! Joanna also understands the different cultural ceremonials involved in the Hindu wedding. From the mehndi party to the sangeet, pujas, baraat and wedding ceremony, she has a wonderful eye for getting us all the "right" shots that the couples are looking for. Mahalo for all your lovely work Joanna!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Dear Everly, Thank you so much for your kind review. It is always such a pleasure working with you as well. You do such a beautiful job with the wedding coordination. I hope to work with you again soon. Aloha, Joanna

Private User
Recently Married

Joanna Tano Photography did an incredible job for my wedding in Maui. The photos are absolutely perfect and my husband and I could not have asked for anything better. She has an amazing eye for lighting and gave us great direction for posed and group pictures. Joanna and her team were so nice and very professional. I would highly recommend Joanna Tano Photography to everyone. I cannot thank them enough for capturing those moments so beautifully!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review of my photography services! It was wonderful working with you!

Services Used: Photography

Joanna was so awesome and easy to work with. Made both us feel very comfortable. Pictures turned out amazing! Would definitely recommend her to any couple looking for a great photographer!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Aloha Kaycee, Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It was great working with you on your lovely wedding. I hope you had a fantastic vacation on Maui. Please stay in touch. Thank you! ~ Joanna

Services Used: Photography

We absolutely loved having Joanna as our photographer for our wedding! Since we were having a destination wedding in Eastern Washington, we did most of our communication with all of our vendors via email and over the phone. While I felt nervous with what type of service I would receive from most of my vendors, I felt absolutely confident in what I was getting from Joanna. From the beginning, she was very professional, timely and straightforward about the service I was requesting while still giving off a calm and comforting vibe. She was so reassuring to work with and handled my "crazy-bride freak outs" with ease. :)
On the day of our wedding, Joanna was laid back yet organized. She was able to adapt to the schedule when our groom and groomsmen showed up a little late, when the wind started to pick up and when the sun was casting major shadows in the areas we had pre-planned for the shoot. She was even able to make the entire experience fun and enjoyable for my husband, who HATES having his picture taken and can be pretty un-photogenic at times. Our photos were edited and delivered to us much quicker than I ever thought (within two weeks!) and they turned out absolutely gorgeous.
We would highly recommend using Joanna Tano Photography to document your special occasions!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Dear Kolina, Thank you so much for your review. Your wedding was so beautiful and amazing to capture! Thank you for having me there to photograph it! Congrats to you and Spencer. Aloha, Joanna

Services Used: Photography

Love, love, LOVED working with Joanna! So professional, kind, down to earth and understanding of all my requests. If you are looking for a photographer in Maui, look no further. Joanna is your lady :)

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Andrea for your review! It was a pleasure working with you and Jake on your beautiful wedding. I hope you return again soon. Take care, Joanna

Private User
1+ year ago

Joanna was very pleasant, professional and fun to work with. She did a great job with our wedding photos and we highly recommend her.

Services Used: Photography

Joanna Tano was incredibly professional and easy going. My husband and I feel really awkward having pictures taken of us, but Joanna had a way of capturing the perfect moments and making everyone feel comfortable.

Joanna captured moments and memories we can look back on for years to come. I would highly recommend Joanna for anyone looking for a photographer!

Joanna Tano Photography responded with the following comments:

Dear Evelyn, Thank you for your kind words! It was wonderful working with you. Your wedding day turned out so beautifully and it was a pleasure to capture all of the special moments. Aloha, Joanna

Felicia
01/11/2014

Pls save time on selecting wedding photographers and take my advice to go with Joanna. I have carefully browsed all the work by various photographers the Four seasons resort had recommended and Joanna's work had made my decision an easy one for one of the most important days of my life. You will be completely at ease and looking beautiful and natural on photos even if you are a nervous bride. Make sure to do some sunset shots - my husband and I fell in love with the beautiful maui sunset (better than santorini!) she captured in the background.

Services Used: Photography

Joanna is the nicest, most laid back, and professional person I have ever met! This was my first time every being married or having to find a photographer. She over exceeded my expectations. Her work is absolutely breath taking. I get tears in my eyes every time I look at our album. She captured our day just beautifully. Joanna is very knowledgeable about the islands, we had lost of questions and she was more than happy to help us. She arrived on time and even stayed late because we were driving to multiple locations to capture the perfect sunset. I can't say enough great things about her. You will not find anyone better!