Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

Specializing in wedding calligraphy for the discriminating bride.

1808 Hunter's Trace

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan Hurst is an amazing calligrapher! I couldn't have been more pleased with my wedding invitations. She is really great at what she does and I would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Kathryn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan recently addressed my daughter's wedding invitations and they were STUNNING!!! The calligraphy was OUTSTANDING and not one mistake!
We have received many compliments on her beautiful work and would not hesitate to recommend her.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Janet
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan is so incredibly talented and is a pleasure to work with!! She is extremely responsive and quick. So happy that I discovered her early in the wedding planning process so I could get her help with so many things.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks! I love my clients, and simply enjoy helping them get the wedding extras they're looking for. Thank you for being one of them!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Jan has been a partner in planning weddings for two of my children, 3 of my friends
[multiple] children's weddings and several challenging design projects. (Partner is
probably an understatement ... co-parent? jiminy cricket? mentor? etiquette authority?
coach? You get the picture!) Her impeccable hand is exceeded only by the creative
ability of her mind's eye. Honestly, I can't imagine planning a major social event, such
as a wedding, without Jan on our team.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Party Supplies, Travel, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan does beautiful work, does not waste envelopes with an inordinate amount of mistakes and is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Jan to create calligraphy for any event.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Fabulous in every way you can imagine. Beyond A+.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

I have the BEST clients! Thanks for the great review!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow is all I can say. Everywhere I took her work, florist, party store, bridal shower restaurant, everyone wanted to know where I had the calligraphy done! And did I mention the wedding was in St Paul, Mn, so most of it was done via email or phone calls. I've given her info to all my friends, really lucked out here!!!!

Carol Bass
Louisville, Ky

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Carol, thanks so much! It was a great pleasure to work with you!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Carol
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan Hurst was a professional from beginning to end! She was always patient with me ( as I called with head count changes many many times. She was also very gracsious
when I called to ask her please stamp and mail invitations for me!
I would whole- heartedly reccomend her and use her again. More daughters to go!

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Margaret! You were delightful to work with and I look forward to working with you again!

• Wedding: 09/15/2013
margaret
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was an absolute pleasure working with Jan! She suggested the perfect font for our place cards and dinner chalkboard, which beautifully matched our wedding theme Many of our guests kept their place cards as mementos.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks! I love hearing that your guests saved their place cards. How fun!

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan is absolutely amazing! My sister used her for her table numbers at her wedding in September of 2011 and I used her for my invites, table numbers and escort cards for my wedding this past January. She responds to email within minutes and will make changes if they need to be made. I will use her going forward for all of my calligraphy needs!

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Kinzie! I so appreciate you and Valentine! Thank you for the great review. I hope everything is going wonderfully for you all.

• Wedding: 01/13/2013
Services Used: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan provided beautiful calligraphy on our invitations and place cards for our wedding! I cannot tell you how many people have commented on their invitations and how beautiful they were! The place cards helped to dress up the wedding and make the tables look elegant. I would highly recommend working with Jan! She responds to e-mails quickly and is flexible with changes (unfortunately we had some:))....

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Ashley! You were wonderful to work with!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Services Used: Invitations, Party Supplies
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I 100% recommend Jan for any and all calligraphy. She did all of my save the date envelopes along with my invitation envelopes along with a matted frame with my moms name above and her birth/death date. These were all beautiful, she answered all my questions and was very responsive.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Sandy! You were a joy to work with!

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Sandy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan was a pleasure to work with -- professional, responsive and kind!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Only thing that was frustrating is that she wanted everything spelled out with no abbreviations, therefore, I had to re-do my list which was time consuming.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Awww, I'm sorry. You told me your handwritten envelopes (not calligraphy) were 'awesome', but you didn't say using appropriate etiquette (which includes no abbreviations) was unimportant to you. I am happy to letter the names as presented (complete with abbreviations and misspellings) if that is what the bride wants. When my time allows, I am just as happy to revise the list myself for a time-relevant fee. : ) Thanks! I hope your wedding was gorgeous.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan's work is stunning! She did my invitations and place cards at the rehearsal dinner and reception. I recieved so many compliments. I couldn't have been happier with her services!! I highly recommend her and look forward to using her again in the future.

Thanks,
Colleen Clemons Hartley

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Colleen. You were a delight to work with!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
Colleen
502-619-4212
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards