Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

Specializing in wedding calligraphy for the discriminating bride.

4002 Crestwood Dr.
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

High quality work.. Beautiful invitations!

• Wedding: 01/16/2015
Dawn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan is simply amazing! She is so friendly, I wish I could have invited her to my wedding! She has so many styles to choose from and Her work is immaculate and yet so super affordable! I actually saved several of the return envelopes and had them framed , they are so very beautiful. I plan to call Jan whenever I need anything done!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Jan Hurst is a talented calligraphy artist. She is a delight to work with - accommodating, prompt and professional. I cannot say enough good things about this extraordinary lady !

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
Hollis Starks
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan Hurst is an amazing calligrapher! I couldn't have been more pleased with my wedding invitations. She is really great at what she does and I would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Kathryn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan recently addressed my daughter's wedding invitations and they were STUNNING!!! The calligraphy was OUTSTANDING and not one mistake!
We have received many compliments on her beautiful work and would not hesitate to recommend her.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Janet
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan is so incredibly talented and is a pleasure to work with!! She is extremely responsive and quick. So happy that I discovered her early in the wedding planning process so I could get her help with so many things.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks! I love my clients, and simply enjoy helping them get the wedding extras they're looking for. Thank you for being one of them!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Jan has been a partner in planning weddings for two of my children, 3 of my friends
[multiple] children's weddings and several challenging design projects. (Partner is
probably an understatement ... co-parent? jiminy cricket? mentor? etiquette authority?
coach? You get the picture!) Her impeccable hand is exceeded only by the creative
ability of her mind's eye. Honestly, I can't imagine planning a major social event, such
as a wedding, without Jan on our team.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Party Supplies, Travel, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan was very easy to work with and does beautiful work. We were not the easiest and most organized couple to work with but Jan never made us feel that way - no matter our request, she was very accommodating.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Jan does beautiful work, does not waste envelopes with an inordinate amount of mistakes and is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Jan to create calligraphy for any event.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Jan did such a beautiful job on the calligraphy for our daughter's wedding invitations. Her calligraphy gave the invitations a wonderfully unique and special touch. Perfectly elegant. Jan's kindness and professionalism were above and beyond throughout the entire process. She was always willing to help with a change or addition to our guest list, even on short notice, and always with a smile. I would highly recommend Jan's services to help make any event more special and simply outstanding.

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
Services Used: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)
Crystal
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fabulous in every way you can imagine. Beyond A+.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

I have the BEST clients! Thanks for the great review!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow is all I can say. Everywhere I took her work, florist, party store, bridal shower restaurant, everyone wanted to know where I had the calligraphy done! And did I mention the wedding was in St Paul, Mn, so most of it was done via email or phone calls. I've given her info to all my friends, really lucked out here!!!!

Carol Bass
Louisville, Ky

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Carol, thanks so much! It was a great pleasure to work with you!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Carol
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan Hurst was a professional from beginning to end! She was always patient with me ( as I called with head count changes many many times. She was also very gracsious
when I called to ask her please stamp and mail invitations for me!
I would whole- heartedly reccomend her and use her again. More daughters to go!

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Margaret! You were delightful to work with and I look forward to working with you again!

• Wedding: 09/15/2013
margaret
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was an absolute pleasure working with Jan! She suggested the perfect font for our place cards and dinner chalkboard, which beautifully matched our wedding theme Many of our guests kept their place cards as mementos.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks! I love hearing that your guests saved their place cards. How fun!

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jan is absolutely amazing! My sister used her for her table numbers at her wedding in September of 2011 and I used her for my invites, table numbers and escort cards for my wedding this past January. She responds to email within minutes and will make changes if they need to be made. I will use her going forward for all of my calligraphy needs!

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Kinzie! I so appreciate you and Valentine! Thank you for the great review. I hope everything is going wonderfully for you all.

• Wedding: 01/13/2013
Services Used: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)
502-619-4212
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards