Jack and Rose Floral Decorators Woodbury

(3.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(3.6 / 5.0)

SUPER NICE PEOPLE
I felt like we were family. They are so warm. Jack greeted me to congratulate me when I first arrived. I thought that was very personal and cordial. Then I was introduced to Suzanne who couldn't stop smiling, and then I had the pleasure of meeting Patty who is an incredible person. She is so outgoing and caring. I like the fact that they really type everything up and not hand write it. That was key for us to be able to read perfectly what we have ordered.
They have a few meetings too to help you plan the wedding flowers. I was so nervous at first not knowing flowers and what color to choose, but Patty was great in that she said we will take it slowly one step at a time, my time is your time, I will be there for you every step of the way. And ya know, she was. She even called me after business hours, on a Saturday, too, or shot me an email whenever. She was so hands on. Actually the entire team at jacksroses was hands on always.
No complaints, I'd have to make something up But truth is everything and I mean everything was so perfect. Thank you

• Wedding: 11/09/2014

Awesome Flowers
I walked in here about a year ago not knowing what I wanted. From that moment on, I felt as though I had a flower coordinator with me at all times. I have heard about Patty from review boards, but now I can see why people love her. She truly cares. My mother couldn't come with me, and My mother in law wasn't available either, so I went with my gut. I was right! I was treated ROYALY! Beautiful place, So many centerpieces and bouquets to choose from. Hundreds. The format if any is so relaxing and smooth. I loved going there. They made it relaxing, fun, enjoyable, and mostly always about me.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014

nora b,
I can't imagine anything but 5 Gold stars, when I walked into my dining room, I almost fainted as I cried in happiness. My husband had to hold me up as I bellowed out how happy I was. It was everything I wanted and oh my God, so much more. The flowers were so fresh my husband's best man wanted to eat them, lol. Then everyone walked into my reception and every word was WOW! Every one! People stopped to touch the flowers and smell them. The colors were popping, the designs the flower stands. What could I say, so I cried with happiness.
Patty was a dream come true as she was always there to help us. So pleasing, I love there contract because it details everything and so it gave me peace of mind that everything would be perfect, (even though I knew it would be by Patty's attention to detail
The cost was reasonable, especially when considering all of the time and attention she and the team at JackRoses gave us.Good job

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pleasant experience with this company. We felt the warmth upon meeting at our first appt. and it seemingly increased with every future meeting. My sister got married 6 months ago, and she had so much trouble with her florist, mainly because her florist didn't make themselves available when she needed to clarify things. Jack & Rose always made themselves available, and actually offered meetings when it was last minute too. My sisters flowers didn't turn out the way she wanted, but at Jack roses flower place they made us feel so comfortable and worry free by making us samples of what we ordered. That made us feel stress free. They delivered everything they said they would. they delivered so early too. The extra trimmings everywhere were the finishing touches we needed and im so picky so that really made me smile with this extra care. love them!

• Wedding: 10/19/2014

Caring and Professional
This place was recommended and they helped fiance(now husband) and I so much. We were doing this alone and had a budget.
Patty was so outgoing. Nothing ever was about money, except trying to save us money.
Jack made suggestions and added so many extra flowers for free.
I cant stop smiling as they made our wedding a success. The sample centerpiece session was so smooth and when I needed to change my initial thought they were right there to help me.
No other place offered extra flowers for my cake and to decorate other areas. and they did.
They even threw in a free centerpiece that I needed without increasing the cost. I realize that this is a business and so my now husband was shocked. This place is not about the money even though they are in business we always felt like family here. Thank you so much

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy that we booked this place. I for whatever stupid reason find myself shopping around for everything, but I should have trusted my instinct. Jackand rose was my 1st choice and should have been my only choice. The other places I visited did not come near to the level of service we experienced here. Friendly always. Never a bother to call them or visit with them. We were so overwelmed by the hospitality.
Other places were never in when we needed them. had limited hours. were non focused on us. they felt routine especially since we didnt want to spend alot of money. Patty was great! She spent so much of her time with us. Fiance is in business and owns a store and told her you must be working on overtime since you have spent so much time with us. Patty made us 3 sample centerpieces, we weren't sure, but one was nicer than the other. So much to choose from.
Then our car got a flat tire, and Jack came out to personally offer assistance, and then called his mechanic. We thought that was huge. The owner of a company, offered his personal assistance. We in short were always so impressed and very very happy. Don't understand why someone wouldn't be happy unless they are just very unhappy individuals. Some people just cant be satisfied I guess like my Aunt Mary, lol. But we had such fresh flowers. they were my first vendor to arrive on wedding day, and I was still in my blue jeans (lol) getting my hair and makeup done. Thats pretty early. I was so relieved and excited that everything was falling into place perfectly starting with Jack and rose. They made our day gorgeous! We loved them!

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This flower shop was incredible. I guess they are more than a flower shop, since they have an incredible showroom and beautiful building as well. The comfort began with their cozy lobby, wonderful pictures, elegant atmosphere, but most importantly their service was the best of all of our vendors. :-)
Fiance is a bit of a hard type personality, and he couldn't generate anything less then a helpful smile always. Patty is such an outgoing wonderful human being. She stayed late for us, (i felt so bad), but she made us always feel welcomed. Never a bother. She is so creative. The other thing was that, if I questioned my flower decision not only was she so helpful in trying to make me/us feel ok, but she tried to help us without money being an issue. We were paying for this ourselves and needed to work with our budget. They most certainly did.
Service was always great, I like their contract which made me especially feel so at ease, because they typed it up. My other vendors used a carbon type paper which was blurry and we couldn't make heads or tails out of it. But at Jack&Rose everything was perfect and out in the open, no surprises. Yeah!!! We are so Happy!!!

• Wedding: 09/28/2014

A GEM OF A PLACE!
Fiance and I went to this place at the recommendation of a few friends that through Nassau Country had used JackRoses flowers. We had gotten the cold shoulder from the 3 other flower places we shopped at, and were frustrated since they would not give us a definite price, it was dependent on what flowers we chose. Then we decided to follow up on the suggestion of my friends and try Jack and Roses The place is gorgeous! It is a beautiful building that has been renovated and so it has that old world charm. High ceilings in the showroom give the sense of my venue, especially since they have so many different centerpieces on display to choose from. Besides the decor being nice, the staff is even nicer. We came in skeptical because of the bad experiences with other florists, but at this place we felt the warmth of genuine care, and helpfulness with our wedding.
We were paying for this ourselves without parents help so we appreciated Patty and even Jack who displayed professionalism and their time was always available. I work during the week and Patty made herself available after hours. I think that was so helpful, because my D.J. was never available, or even open for us to follow up with. The flowers were amazing, and so fresh, and you can choose any flower you wish at the same cost, and since I am so picky, that was important. Patty was so available with her time to allow me to return as many times as I wished for her to help in person. I guess many people would rather do this over the phone, but Jack&Rose cared so much that they in my eyes would rather see us one more time to assure us and them that our wedding would be perfect. And ya know, it was truly perfect. Thank you Jack & Rose
Wedding: 07/13/2014

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

When we went into the florist I was ready to book, my husband no so much.
My first warning should have been how they were pushing us to sign. It is a 4-6 page contract with TONES CAPITALS and fonts ranging sizes 8-20 with 3-4 columns per page. RED FLAG I ignored.
After booking & signing, months went by. I contacted via email and had a quick call back. Suddenly their flexibility to meet was not as flexible as promised. During our conversation there was a man in the background yelling responses in the background. I do admit that I was frustrated and not as nice as I could have been. I was shocked that they wanted full payment by June 4th ( a week away) and they never thought to call me and find out why I was not in contact as the contract stated.

I felt bad, so over memorial day weekend I reviewed the contract closely with a magnifying glass - and emailed the company. To my shock they emailed me back and the arguing started. I was told that I should be happy that they emailed me back outside of hours and that they do not sign contracts based on colored flowers. Again, I was shocked because my floral colors were very important - Red, White, and Blue - to me, but not to them. The do not book contracts "based on flower colors" but I do!!!!
Regardless, I was stuck. I went in for our meeting and the representative was very nice. We worked together to come up with a plan. I would not bend on certain things - and how amazing - they suddenly were able to do it. At this meeting, we made a final payment and had to sign another contract. This contract stated "if we sign we are 100% happy" I laughed, signed but said How can I be happy without seeing the final product?
The man came out to give me the contract -He was extremely condescending with his tone of voice making sure I was happy. On July 4th the flowers were nice. All blooming except for the bridal bouquet which flowers were not fresh, not opened, not the best picked.

• Wedding: 07/04/2014

• Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

First off let me just tell you if you want to save money, Jack and Rose is the place to go. However, their professionalism is lacking. I went with them because it was a last minute change of plans with my original florist. At my consultation appointment, we met with Jack. He was really nice and kept bragging about being in business etc etc. When it came down to price, he made it seem like it was a one day offer type deal. We made a deal with them because A: the price was within our ridiculously low budget by the time we booked them(3 weeks before our wedding) B: They seemed like they were recommended since we've seen them at a few bridal shows. After signing the contract, it's unorganized with multiple type font but READ THE FINE PRINT! literally read EVERY WORD printed! which is exactly what i did and they attached a sample picture of the images of the pieces we wanted. Done, everything seemed great. Whew flowers booked right? wrong!

When we went back to see what our actual flowers would look like this was where the truth came out. First, the person who greeted us was a woman named Patty. She seemed polite and said she'd be helping us. She showed us the first sample which was already ready when we walked in. Jack suddenly came out from his office literally pretended like he didn't see us. He took out a camera and took a picture of the tree and left. When they brought out the next centerpiece i felt the arrangement was scarce and asked if it could be fuller. Patty kept pushing that it could be done with a price. I made a few suggestions about how to arrange the flowers and then she said it would be additional because we were contracted for a certain number of flowers per centerpiece. Jack heard me get upset and came out not to talk to us but to whisper to Patty about what i was trying to say. It got to the point where we wanted to drop them. They finally followed my instructions and changed it to what i wanted.

• Wedding: 12/29/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Jack and Rose product A customer service C a year before my wedding they called asking to book with me. Eve though I went just to get an estimation of what it would cost. I felt bullied with the price. I gave an estimate of how many tables but back in November I had no defined number. At the end I had to add centerpieces. They were rude about us showing up late to the preview but made us wait claiming it was because we were late. Any changes to the contract they wanted cash ASAP. Would not recommend them.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
nella
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing!!! We chose Jack and Rose as recommended by our catering manager at Crest Hollow Country Club. Everyone we dealt with at Jack and Rose was kind and professional from the receptionist to the delivery man. I met with Patty for my creative design session and came completely unarmed. I had not put a ton of thought into flowers and only brought two photos for ideas, everything else was purely an idea in my imagination. As hard as I probably made it on Patty, she was able to take my ideas and make them reality. I cannot say enough about the flowers provided for my wedding day. Everything was gorgeous and perfect! My bouquet and centerpieces were fabulous, full, and colorful. Patty was even able to build me 8ft trees made of curly willow adorned with crystals and lights to complete my fall them. At the end of the night, my guests were arguing over who got to bring home centerpieces and asking my permission to bring them home! Do not let other peoples reviews leave you skeptical, if you read your contract fully ( as jumbled as it may look, haha) and follow the instructions the planning process with them is easy and smooth. Patty will create you the flowers you dreamed of. Thank you Jack and Rose for making my venue fabulous!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I gave my caterer Cresthollow an Excellent review as well.
These 2 companies made our wedding a dream come true.
The dining room was a dream. It was full of color, the L.E.D. lights matched it all, the flowers, the colors so vibrant and perfect, and fresh.
Creatively put together and so very helpful thru the process. Patty actually made it fun. She's a doll, and cordial and extremely helpful in her service skills.
My mother always said, and believed you get out what you put in, so we put our sincerity first gave it to Patty to help, and appreciated her every move. I/we believe got us the results we wanted, we dreamed of, and better than we could of imagined. Trust Patty, and Jack Rose they will come thru for you. As my mom said you get back what you deliver, and we delivered her appreciation and we got so many compliments the day of our wedding. The flowers WOWED us. Thank you.
Overall great job.
So so happy!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so appreciative to Jack& Rose. I can't even begin to express my positive emotions of happiness. The flowers were beyond my expectations, and more than I ever dreamed of. I think when it comes to flowers part of the success comes about when you tell them what you want. Like buying dinner, what can the waitress tell you to eat! You will have to tell her what your appetite is like today. So without any flower knowledge I went here, told them colors, I was thinking of, and certain flowers I thought I liked, but what really did I know, I wasn't a flower expert, and I was never married before.
The outcome was incredible! Besides all of this they are so outgoing to please you. Yes they are recommended by many venues, but I see why when they are all about service first. Price was great too, quality perfect, delivery early, and they always made their time available even though I had a tough work schedule.
They get my thumbs up in all areas.

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

they worked with my budget, and was on time the day of the wedding. the flowers were beautiful, and fresh.

• Wedding: 08/22/2013