Jack and Rose Floral Decorators Woodbury

• Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
When we went into the florist I was ready to book, my husband no so much.
My first warning should have been how they were pushing us to sign. It is a 4-6 page contract with TONES CAPITALS and fonts ranging sizes 8-20 with 3-4 columns per page. RED FLAG I ignored.
After booking & signing, months went by. I contacted via email and had a quick call back. Suddenly their flexibility to meet was not as flexible as promised. During our conversation there was a man in the background yelling responses in the background. I do admit that I was frustrated and not as nice as I could have been. I was shocked that they wanted full payment by June 4th ( a week away) and they never thought to call me and find out why I was not in contact as the contract stated.

I felt bad, so over memorial day weekend I reviewed the contract closely with a magnifying glass - and emailed the company. To my shock they emailed me back and the arguing started. I was told that I should be happy that they emailed me back outside of hours and that they do not sign contracts based on colored flowers. Again, I was shocked because my floral colors were very important - Red, White, and Blue - to me, but not to them. The do not book contracts "based on flower colors" but I do!!!!
Regardless, I was stuck. I went in for our meeting and the representative was very nice. We worked together to come up with a plan. I would not bend on certain things - and how amazing - they suddenly were able to do it. At this meeting, we made a final payment and had to sign another contract. This contract stated "if we sign we are 100% happy" I laughed, signed but said How can I be happy without seeing the final product?
The man came out to give me the contract -He was extremely condescending with his tone of voice making sure I was happy. On July 4th the flowers were nice. All blooming except for the bridal bouquet which flowers were not fresh, not opened, not the best picked.
Wedding: 07/04/2014

• Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
First off let me just tell you if you want to save money, Jack and Rose is the place to go. However, their professionalism is lacking. I went with them because it was a last minute change of plans with my original florist. At my consultation appointment, we met with Jack. He was really nice and kept bragging about being in business etc etc. When it came down to price, he made it seem like it was a one day offer type deal. We made a deal with them because A: the price was within our ridiculously low budget by the time we booked them(3 weeks before our wedding) B: They seemed like they were recommended since we've seen them at a few bridal shows. After signing the contract, it's unorganized with multiple type font but READ THE FINE PRINT! literally read EVERY WORD printed! which is exactly what i did and they attached a sample picture of the images of the pieces we wanted. Done, everything seemed great. Whew flowers booked right? wrong!

When we went back to see what our actual flowers would look like this was where the truth came out. First, the person who greeted us was a woman named Patty. She seemed polite and said she'd be helping us. She showed us the first sample which was already ready when we walked in. Jack suddenly came out from his office literally pretended like he didn't see us. He took out a camera and took a picture of the tree and left. When they brought out the next centerpiece i felt the arrangement was scarce and asked if it could be fuller. Patty kept pushing that it could be done with a price. I made a few suggestions about how to arrange the flowers and then she said it would be additional because we were contracted for a certain number of flowers per centerpiece. Jack heard me get upset and came out not to talk to us but to whisper to Patty about what i was trying to say. It got to the point where we wanted to drop them. They finally followed my instructions and changed it to what i wanted.
Wedding: 12/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Absolutely amazing!!! We chose Jack and Rose as recommended by our catering manager at Crest Hollow Country Club. Everyone we dealt with at Jack and Rose was kind and professional from the receptionist to the delivery man. I met with Patty for my creative design session and came completely unarmed. I had not put a ton of thought into flowers and only brought two photos for ideas, everything else was purely an idea in my imagination. As hard as I probably made it on Patty, she was able to take my ideas and make them reality. I cannot say enough about the flowers provided for my wedding day. Everything was gorgeous and perfect! My bouquet and centerpieces were fabulous, full, and colorful. Patty was even able to build me 8ft trees made of curly willow adorned with crystals and lights to complete my fall them. At the end of the night, my guests were arguing over who got to bring home centerpieces and asking my permission to bring them home! Do not let other peoples reviews leave you skeptical, if you read your contract fully ( as jumbled as it may look, haha) and follow the instructions the planning process with them is easy and smooth. Patty will create you the flowers you dreamed of. Thank you Jack and Rose for making my venue fabulous!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0

nella 5 Reviews
Jack and Rose product A customer service C a year before my wedding they called asking to book with me. Eve though I went just to get an estimation of what it would cost. I felt bullied with the price. I gave an estimate of how many tables but back in November I had no defined number. At the end I had to add centerpieces. They were rude about us showing up late to the preview but made us wait claiming it was because we were late. Any changes to the contract they wanted cash ASAP. Would not recommend them.
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I gave my caterer Cresthollow an Excellent review as well.
These 2 companies made our wedding a dream come true.
The dining room was a dream. It was full of color, the L.E.D. lights matched it all, the flowers, the colors so vibrant and perfect, and fresh.
Creatively put together and so very helpful thru the process. Patty actually made it fun. She's a doll, and cordial and extremely helpful in her service skills.
My mother always said, and believed you get out what you put in, so we put our sincerity first gave it to Patty to help, and appreciated her every move. I/we believe got us the results we wanted, we dreamed of, and better than we could of imagined. Trust Patty, and Jack Rose they will come thru for you. As my mom said you get back what you deliver, and we delivered her appreciation and we got so many compliments the day of our wedding. The flowers WOWED us. Thank you.
Overall great job.
So so happy!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so appreciative to Jack& Rose. I can't even begin to express my positive emotions of happiness. The flowers were beyond my expectations, and more than I ever dreamed of. I think when it comes to flowers part of the success comes about when you tell them what you want. Like buying dinner, what can the waitress tell you to eat! You will have to tell her what your appetite is like today. So without any flower knowledge I went here, told them colors, I was thinking of, and certain flowers I thought I liked, but what really did I know, I wasn't a flower expert, and I was never married before.
The outcome was incredible! Besides all of this they are so outgoing to please you. Yes they are recommended by many venues, but I see why when they are all about service first. Price was great too, quality perfect, delivery early, and they always made their time available even though I had a tough work schedule.
They get my thumbs up in all areas.
Wedding: 10/06/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
they worked with my budget, and was on time the day of the wedding. the flowers were beautiful, and fresh.
Wedding: 08/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great flowers Their professionalism was so perfect! They were always attentive to me, and always helpfu, and so courteousl. They were always so polite never rude, sweet as butter
They were so outgoing to give me several alternatives about how I can change my centerpiece, and kept coming back with ideas that did not cost any more money.
Husband and I were so surprised, as most companies would first want to sell, but not here, Patty was incredibly so pleasant and always so courteous and helpful . With the stress of having a wedding, I know their job must be hard, I actually asked how do you do it meeting so many people and she said most people get it, most people see the helpful intentions presented to them, one or two may not through perhaps some other frustrations they experience elsewhere and with the whole wedding experience, but I must say that there was never any stress here. Actually the opposite, as all ran so smoothly especially with all of the convenient appointments we had. Flowers were so fresh they smelled fresh and sweet, and the professional packaging blew my photographer away, and actually said he never has a problem with this flower company. The banquet guy at CrestHollow said their dining room never looked this nice and perfect.
Overall we are very happy and strongly recommend this flower company tgo everyone
Wedding: 08/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My experience with Jack & Rose was wonderful. They were nice from the first meeting thru the others meetings. They provide and make available their time always and offer two follow appts and maybe more, as they help you achieve what you are looking for. These are free. The flowers are very fresh. their designs are very modern too. Staff so friendly and helpful, I love their espresso lol. an incredible showroom, it has everything you possibly want. i'd give them A+++++ I'm so excited
Wedding: 08/02/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
They really do deserve 5 stars, but i never give anyone 100%, its just me. lol
Pleasant from the moment i first met them. Completely thorough too.
Always made their time available, and always called me back within a day, sometimes within just an hour or two. They have very extensive hours in that they plan the wedding at appt times and do the work to make things up, the designs, on the weekends when they delivery it and set things up the way I wanted.
I liked that, so there would be no mistakes.
They had a sale which was so surprising since I know they are very popular and lots of brides come here.
Venue pushes them too because the flowers and service are so good.
No complaints. Very nice people. very helpful, very professional. Give it a try. They came thru in many ways for us.
Wedding: 07/21/2013
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

GUERDY 5 Reviews
T was satisfied with the product, but their courteousness and professionalism was lacking
Wedding: 07/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I couldn't resist the opportunity to tell everyone how delightful these people are. They help you all the time. They have a good system for meeting you and they listen to what you want. and they help you with the money part too. I don't have much money and they told me what I could do and also gave me allot of gifts too so I wouldn't have to buy things. My mother does her best and I was out of work and this florist was so agreeable to helping us
they are nice and they are business like and have good service to everyone. thank you they made me happy
Wedding: 07/20/2013
FANTASTIC JOB
lovely lovely place
GORGEOUS BUILDING, OUTRAGEOUS SHOWROOM.
It is so perfect for a floral place The showroom is so modern with many ideas,
many centerpieces on display, like over 2 dozen and they spend private time with you so there is no rush and no interruption.
Very nice people here. I worked with Patty who really knows her stuff.
She is great with colors and has many unique and new ideas I had never seen before. She's creative in many ways. Very pleased, extremely happy.
Would book them over and over. I cant see anything other than a wonderful experience They made our wedding an affair of beauty in every aspect of the word. perfect gorgeous and every guest commented over and over how beautiful and fresh the flowers were.
Wedding: 07/16/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I AM SO HAPPY!
I am married, I have my dream honeymoon, and a dream wedding!
I loved my flowers and loved loved loved my bouquet. My bouquet was LUSH.
The service was incredible. I did this alone and Patty at Jack and Rose was like my best friend. I know that may sound weird, but I really liked her, and trusted her, and she came thru for me. I felt so alone at times and no one to reference with, but she always made me feel comfortable and pleased me and when I went off in a different direction she was so patient and helpful giving me the time and examples to demonstrate what something would look like. At times I could cry in the joy and happiness that I felt every time I went to this florist. I actually got to meet Jack, what a nice man. Cordial and professional and I guess distinguished in his own way. I thanked him for all that they do here, the time the patience the beautiful beautiful flowers and colors so fresh and all of the ideas were so endless. He said that is what we do here, and we enjoy it he said. He also said if there was anything more I would need to contact him personally. What care that showed me. I suggest you go here and check them out don't lose the opportunity to have the best flowers around......really
Wedding: 07/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We work in Manhattan, live in New Jersey, but heard so many good things about Jack & Rose that we had to make and appt and not miss this opportunity. We were glad we did!
Not only did they keep to the contract, but they gave us so many items for FREE. My mother who is the pickiest person in the world and can't be satisfied, was taken back by how perfect they were in the planning so many details were perfect. I know their contract is probably the better side of it because it is so easy to read and so precise and it details everything we ordered. But most of all, you wont believe it, it is totally type written. Yes it is type written, I don't know really about others but all other contracts including the caterers were so hard to read because I couldn't read their hand writing and its always a carbon copy that you get not a typed original. We all that that was awesome. So professional. Patty is so helpful and professional. She never stops, we wanted to give her a nice tip a reasonable one, and she wouldn't take it, she said that she enjoys pleasing brides and you can clearly see it. We will probably buy her a gift later on(keep that a secret) Well run company, well organized, flowers were so fresh they looked like they weren't real, but they were, they get a wow from our family Now we have gorgeous pictures due to the flowers of Jack & Rose.. Thank you
Wedding: 07/13/2013