Ipswich Clambake Company

Ipswich Clambake Company

Innovative Picnics...Stellar Events

196 High Street
Ipswich, MA 01938 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 1000

(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This vendor was perfect! We were looking for a low key buffet with excellent food and that is exactly what we got! They rolled with the punches and everyone was very personable.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Ipswich Clambake for the catering of our oceanfront rehearsal dinner at the Manchester Bath & tennis Club at Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA. The food was delicious, the company took care of all setup/cleanup, and the staff was incredibly professional. Our guests enjoyed the authentic New England Clambake experience, and I would highly recommend using this company to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Delicious and affordable! A clambake was a creative way to have have steak and lobster at my wedding within my tight budget. They bring their own grills and cooking stations which is fantastic for venues that don't have modern, industrial kitchens. They offer everything from linens to utensil options.

My guests loved the New England charm of having a clam bake at my wedding. It's also a nice change for them, since many of my guests attended several other weddings this summer.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014

Ipswich Clambake Catering

Well 6 months after our wedding and I am still getting compliments on the food from our wedding. While I wish I could cook that way, the reward goes to Ipswich Clambake.
Not only was the food outstanding, but the service was phenomenal. Michelle, our catering manager always responded promptly. I also really liked how she was able to work within our budget and that there were many menu options. You can tell she had so much experience as she was able to give us some tips or lead us in the right direction and answer many questions I had. One characteristic that really stood out was trustworthiness. At one point my husband and I came up with the appetizer list and we had just put a bunch of different platters. I thought it was great that Michelle got back to us to let us know the amount of platters we were ordering was way more than we actually needed. She was willing to work with us and our site, and was very flexible.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michelle and her staff were polite, helpful, professional, and friendly. They took care of things we never even thought of, such as lighting candles on the tables and opening bottles of wine, truly going above and beyond our expectations. The food was excellent quality and our guests enjoyed every bite. We would highly recommend Ipswich Clambake Company for superior service and delicious food.

• Wedding: 10/07/2012
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michelle was incredibly helpful with everything leading up to our wedding. She took so much off our plates by making sure all other vendors knew what was expected of them and when it was expected. But all this is really secondary to the food, which was incredible. We wanted something a little less traditional for our wedding and went with the clambake that included lobster, steak tips, chicken, salad, sides, chowder, and fried clams. Everything was cooked perfectly - nothing overcooked! Professional without being stuffy. Unpretentious without sacrificing quality. IMO - Perfect.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Ipswich Clambake was a joy to work with. They set up a tasting for our family and helped us design a menu that fit our needs. They were also responsive to emails and able to accomodate changes quickly and without hesitation as needed. During the wedding, the set up, service and clean up were all quick and efficient. Everyone on the staff was a pleasure to work with on the day of. We were told by many guests (and agree) that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding.

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
charlotte
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had them for our rehearsal dinner and it was great! Seamless service and we didn't have to worry about a thing!

• Wedding: 08/17/2012
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Ipswich Clambake for our wedding rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious and the prep team and servers were prompt and very pleasant. Overall we had a great experience and would highly recommend them for an event.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Michelle was very easy to work with & everything was wonderful.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I found that Ipswich Clambake Company not only serves better quality food than their competitors, but they were a pleasure to work with and really took charge and went the extra mile in troubleshooting the day of our wedding.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
Dane
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot recommend Michelle and Ipswich Clambake highly enough! We were lucky enough to get the recommendation of Ipswich Clambake from a friend who works in fundraising at a private school and is very experienced in event planning. People are still commenting on how good the food was at our wedding two years later. A clam bake was unusual and very Boston for out of town guests, and so traditional that even some people who grew up in the Boston area had never experienced one. Not only that, it was very affordable! Michelle was flexible and accommodating about little things that mattered to us--for example, we wanted Iggy's bread rolls; and very kind and professional--they even offered my dog water when she came in for pictures! Couldn't be happier with everything.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Since my daughter's wedding in 2011, I have recommended Ipswich Clambake to everyone I've talked with who is having a wedding. The food and service were wonderful; everything exceeded my expectations. The preparation, timing of courses, presentation, and taste were all perfect. The food was absolutely sumptuous! Having seafood for the wedding topped off the atmosphere we were seeking, both elegant and fun. Thank you, Ipswich Clambake, for making our wedding most excellent!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Michelle Pepin was nothing short of AMAZING. Not only did she cover every detail of the catering (i.e.: yes the berries will be perfect that time of year), while taking great pains to make it cost efficient for us ('just buy your champagne flutes from IKEA, it's actually way cheaper than renting them', so TRUE!) but she also gave us wonderful advice about the event itself that we NEVER would have thought of (i.e.: 'you should have a receiving line outside the church because it may be the only time you see some of your guests on the day', she was SO right and we even had a smallish wedding!). The food was superb, people talked about it for months after. The staff on day of was inviting, calm and orderly. We definitely got a delicious quintessential seaside New England meal for a fantastic price (leaps and bounds above the rubbery chicken I've had at other weddings that cost $90 a head!!). Given that it was a clambake, with steak and seafood (and plenty of veggies for the vegetarians) we were able to have a more casual atmosphere that felt authentic (rather than way too fancy or not fancy at all). Somehow plastic bibs are okay when you're eating lobster! I was worried about many other things going into my wedding day, but not the food. We did the right thing, the moment we signed on with Ipswich Clambake. These people know what they're doing. They know good food, service and people like the back of their hands. You cannot go wrong with them. I'm so very grateful for their service. They were also the first people I spoke to, that didn't sound like they were trying to swindle me. So many of the other 'wedding factory' caterers, don't actually care about the people they serve. Ipswich Clambake does. They get full marks in my book.

• Wedding: 06/12/2011
Jaime
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Ipswich Clambake Company was the BEST and EASIEST decision of all my wedding planning. They had the most delicious food, the best price, and the friendliest service. They were so great to work with and everything they provided - from linens, to dinner, to service - far exceeded all my expectations. A month after my wedding and people are still talking about how amazing the food was. You really can't go wrong here.

• Wedding: 05/22/2010
Robyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a clambake "rehearsal" dinner with 40+ guests. Our aim was fun more than fancy, and this was perfect. Everyone was very happy. There were some issues because of the venue and the weather - the Ipswich Clambake people handled them beautifully. Very nice, flexible, easy to deal with; delivered as promised. Highly recommended.

978-356-2050
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards