HYL PRODUCTION PHOTO & VIDEO

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I chose Dai as the main photographer on my wedding day and he was my point of contact. His style is artistic and he has fun shots, but nothing too goofy unless you request it yourself. He was very flexible with regards to the schedule and was nice about postponing bridal party shots when a lot of my relatives decided they wanted pictures with us after the ceremony. He and the second photographer were nice enough to take pictures that my relatives requested for them with his camera and their own.

I gave him only 3/5 for responsiveness because it takes him a while to respond to emails and there were a couple times that I had to contact him again to make sure he received a previous email. However, when we said that we would like some pictures to show at a reception 2 weeks later, Dai did a great job of editing some photos and sending them to us ASAP.

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

Kevin Lee Photography team were amazing. They were very professional, flexible, kind, and discreet. Not to mention beautiful pictures with bright pictures which was key for me since the church my ceremony was held is somewhat dark indoors.

I LOVE HIS WORK!!!!!!
Choosing a right photographer is an important factor for a Wedding.
I had reviewed over 20 photographers for my Wedding and Kevin Lee's work stood out from the rest of them. Kevin applies lighting techniques to Wedding Photography that’s different from others.
My Wedding was back in December 2013 and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
Kevin is kind, patient and very dedicated in getting great shots, even under difficult circumstances.
I have friends who recently got married and they regret not knowing Kevin earlier.
I highly recommend Kevin Lee as a Wedding photographer. Best in the business in my opinion.
Thank you Kevin for giving us such cherished images and capturing our special day!

Services Used: Photography

I am an event planner. I don't think I've worked with a better photography team, ever. They were very professional. The main photographers bring their own team with them, so you have at least three photographers the entire day of your wedding. Watching the photos they took, I could tell that they will turn out amazing! I also noticed that the bride and groom did not seem put off by the amount of time they had to spend with them; meaning, they were very efficient.

I would recommend Kevin Lee Studio to anyone who asks!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Photography was very important to us, so we researched a lot of photographers. There were lots of great candidates, but here's why Kevin stood out.

Quality: There are many photographers who are self-taught these days, which is awesome, but Kevin stood out to us because not only are his photos amazing, but he majored in photography in college. He not only has a great eye, but he understands the physics and science behind the art, and that gives him an edge over many others. Looking at our photos, it's amazing to see the different angles/lighting. He truly sees the world differently.

Dedication: Kevin really went above and beyond for us. He ended up dedicating an entire day for our engagement shoot, and the photos came out beautifully. On our wedding day, Kevin and his staff came an hour earlier than expected and stayed longer.

Personality: Kevin is polite, friendly, and really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. We can be pretty awkward in front of a camera, but Kevin made us laugh and feel at ease.

Bottom line: You need to book this guy. I loved all my vendors, but Kevin was probably my favorite.

Services Used: Photography

We got married a month ago and much of the day’s success can be attributed to Kevin Lee photography. Mr. Lee and his staff exhibit the upmost professionalism, kindness, and consideration. Honestly, you will be hard pressed to find a better photographer in Southern California, and arguably in the entire state.
- Engagement picture session – Mr. Lee and his staff shot our engagement pictures in five different locations throughout southern California. He was patient, never expressed an ounce of annoyance, and was fun to work with. He used the engagement shoot to teach us several poses that he would later use on our wedding day. It was incredibly helpful as we were foreign to the world of photography. His coaching and advice helped us feel more secure on our big day.
- Wedding – Our big day entailed a separate photo shoot at 4 different locations due to time constraints at our venues. Our schedule, to say the least, was complicated and stressful. To top that, we had a bridal party of 24 individuals and ~300 guests. With that many locations, that many people, that many details, we knew this was going to be a tough feat to accomplish. However, Mr. Lee and his staff captured our love moments at all locations flawlessly and were actually early to all locations. They were able to round up our massive bridal party and enormous family and capture our big day without a hiccup and they simply personify professionalism.
- Work Product – Our engagement & wedding pictures have been lauded by our family and friends. Honestly words don’t do his work justice. You can view his website and view his work for yourself. We adamantly believe his work speaks for itself. We simply had an amazing and lovely day – a day full of memories that will last a lifetime.
Mr. Lee should be trusted for your big event. Honestly, Kevin Lee Studio is not only the best valued, but also the best photography we have experienced and seen.
Thank you Kevin Lee for making our dream come true

Services Used: Photography

Kevin Lee was one of the best vendor choices I made for my wedding planning process. He was so courteous and respectful, very caring and made us feel totally comfortable.
Kevin was very good about responding to e-mails and text messages, which surprisingly not all vendors were good about and turned out to be a big frustration in other situations. Kevin was really easy going and listened to our suggestions/requests. But because he's been doing this for such a long time.. most of the time it's just better that you listen to his suggestions. He knows what he's doing.
Our engagement photos came out really nicely. Kevin went above and beyond and spent extra time with us. We received so many compliments.
One of the reasons we chose Kevin was because he was a good balance between the traditional Korean photographer and a 2nd generation photographer. And I don't mean that in the sense of language speaking ability. The type of images adults/parents want are not creative at all, but rather stiff and composed. But that's what makes them happy, I found out. Our generation (although it varies widely) enjoy the vintage look, photojournalism, high fashion, etc. Kevin Lee is able to do a wide variety of styles. I do regret a little bit that we couldn't get in more photos from the wedding that would please our parents.
All in all we are both very happy with our photos from both the engagement and the wedding. And we have referred many of our friends already to Kevin.

Services Used: Photography

Kevin Lee and his team were awesome!

We had our engagement session and wedding day photography done by Kevin Lee.

We had a lot of fun during our engagement session. Kevin Lee is so caring he even brought us drinks and some snacks to make sure we don't get too hungry. Per Kevin, "Usually, when the groom gets hungry, he refuses to cooperate." That is so true! Kevin took the time to visit our venue as he had never been there before so that he could get a better idea on how to plan the wedding day. Our venue was about 1.5 hours from where his office is and he didn't mind the drive.

On our wedding day, Kevin came along with 3 other photographers. Relatives and Friends were so surprised that we had so many photographers. They were all very professional and was dressed all in black. Kevin took artistic, creative shots. I plan to have them blown up poster size to hang up on our walls as they look like paintings.

We can't wait to see our album once its all done!

I highly recommend Kevin Lee Studios!

Services Used: Photography

Kevin and his staff were phenomenal. My wife Amy and I felt so comfortable during both the engagement photo shoot as well as the wedding.

The great thing is that Kevin actually went above and beyond. He brought his whole staff and extra photographers to our wedding, when we had expected just Kevin. Even during our engagement photo shoot, he brought us some baked goods to give us the energy to take more amazing pictures.

It's clear that his work is flawless, and the images pop out like magazine pictures. We highly recommend AngelDV to anyone, and will make sure all of our friends and family use his services.

Services Used: Photography

They are simply the best!!! I am so grateful that they forever keep my wedding memories beautiful with their great job.

Services Used: Photography

Kevin Lee from Angel DV Pro Photography & his associates were absolutely AMAZING! Since day one when we met with Kevin, we knew that we had to have him. Being a photographey enthusiast myself, I must admit that I am extremely picky in choosing the best photographer for our BIG day. My wife & I met with many other photographers that same month but was not at all convinced with any of them. Kevin proved to be very professional & caring with us. We just love his style in photography. Every single photo tells a story & all of our emotions where caught just perfectly.

Kevin shot our Save the Date, Memory Journey engagement pics & of course our wedding. He has great attention to detail & is very masterful with his art. We love how Kevin took us out for dinner one night just to get to know us better as a couple & we really appreciated that so much. You can definitely see our personalities in our photos.

What surprised me the most is how quickly Kevin was able to provide us some awesome photos from our ceremony. It was just a matter of days! Our wedding video had gone viral & Kevin's photos only added much more "magic" to our wedding day.

We are so fortunate & happy to have had Angel DV Pro capture the biggest day of our lives in photos & we definitely recommend him to any couple!

Check out our wedding website & wedding video/concept film played on our reception as our grand entrance!
www.weddingwire.com/DKLA
www.youtube.com/user/DKLA52811?ob=5

Services Used: Photography

When my husband and I first started planning our wedding, we were completely overwhelmed, especially by the extensive list of photographers that we could hire. However, the moment I laid eyes upon Kevin’s work, I knew that he was the one for us.

1. Quality: Kevin and his team capture emotion so well that they have the ability to capture what you’ve experienced throughout your entire relationship in just a few short hours. They take simple moments and turn them into something beautiful. Photography is so much about personal preference, but if you enjoy photojournalism with the use of clean, natural lighting, then there’s nobody better than Kevin and his team. He has such an eye for the “perfect shot,” and his pictorial shots are second-to-none.

2. Dedication: When we first signed up for the “Engagement Session,” Kevin had said that it was going to be a 3-hour shoot. (The “Memory Journey” which captures a couple’s history from beginning to present is much more elaborate and takes about 2 days!) However, on the day of the shoot, Kevin arrived early at USC and we shot for almost 6 hours—with no extra charge! He brought an assistant with him and even provided us lunch and drinks.

3. Patience: My husband and I had a tri-cultural wedding (American, Chinese, and Vietnamese) with about 350 people and 8 people in our bridal party. Despite this, Kevin treated all of us with the utmost patience. Kevin arrived early and with 3 assistants. All of them were so courteous and energetic. They climbed stairs, trees, and chairs in order to get the best shots. They knelt, sprawled, and even hopped. Our wedding was a 12-hour ordeal from set-up to take-down, consisting of 3 different venues (Kyoto Grand Hotel, Disney Center, and NBC Restaurant). Never once did any of the photographers show a sign of fatigue. When my family insisted on taking pictures, they always allowed them to finish before taking their shots. And, they were never intrusive. My family can be hard to handle and my mom almost never smiles, but my family was so enamored by him that they couldn’t stop talking about him even days after the wedding.

4. Personality: Kevin is one of the most calming and reassuring people in the world. I always walked into his office with a bundle of nerves, but I always walked out with a smile. Kevin is truly kind person who possesses great passion for his work. He always went the extra mile for Tom and me; he created both a sign-in book and collage only five days before the ceremony. Plus, he’s super organized and he communicates well. I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer.

A few tips about how to get the most out of your experience:
• Reserve Kevin ahead of time—he’s popular and gets booked fast.
• Take advantage of the “Engagement Shoot” or “Memory Journey” so that you can learn the poses ahead of time and get to know Kevin better.
• Kevin can sometimes take a few days to get back to your emails, but he always gets back to you, so just be patient.
• His services can be pricey ($4000 for Engagement Shoot and 12 hours of shooting on the day of the wedding), but we decided to forgo a videographer just to hire him because he is THAT good. He was worth every penny and more. Plus, he creates a highlight slideshow/video of all your highlights at the end that practically serves as a “DVD” of the day anyway.

I was not a bride who had wanted to plan a wedding, but I would go through the whole planning ordeal again just to work with Kevin another time. I wholeheartedly recommend him to any couple who is looking to look good for their big day.

Services Used: Photography

kevin lee and his studio provided the best services possible for us. they are absolute wonderful studio. you can visit them at their studio and just look at their collection of photos. that would be enough to convince you. very good work, and very good prices for the work provided. we are very happy.

Services Used: Photography

After viewing the wedding photos Kevin Lee had photographed from a friends wedding my fiance & I knew he would capture beautiful moments for our wedding as he did with theirs. He & his coworkers amazed us with their professionalism & creativity. As we waited to view our finished product we were again amazed to view all of the captured moments of our wonderful day. We've had numerous compliments on our photos and can only thank the one & only Kevin Lee for our memories which he made so wonderful.
A HUGE Thank You to Kevin Lee & his staff!! We would highly recommend him.

Jane
12/11/2010

Ted and his team were the best.
We just got the pictures and they are just beautiful and heart-warming.
It did take a little longer than we had expected to get them but it was definitely worth the wait.
They actually took more than 8000 pictures on the day of, made our slide show, and sorted out the better pictures for us (which explains the wait).
Ted has sooo much positive energy it's unbelievable!!!
We love love the pictures.
Family and friends were so impressed with them on the wedding day and even more when they saw the pictures. (My sister actually said she wants Ted and Angel DV to do my niece and nephew's weddings, although they are only 10 and 11 now.)
Thank you so much Ted!!! You reallly captured each and every precious moment!

Services Used: Photography

Words cannot express how wonderful Kevin Lee and his team has been to us. We first found them through a mutual contact and fell in love with his work and enthusiasm for photography immediately. From the beginning, he always made great efforts to meet all of our needs and went above and beyond our expectations – even bringing along 4 additional photographers (in the blazing California summer heat) with him on my wedding day to capture the most important moments of our lives. Kevin and his team has the uncanny quality of making you feel (and my entire bridal party/family) very relaxed and comfortable while he works his magic. I’d definitely work with Kevin again and have referred many of my friends that are getting married to him. His quality of work, desire to always go the extra mile, professionalism, stride for perfection, and overall warmth/charisma makes him the best photographer, ever.

Thanks Kevin for everything. I appreciate all that you have done for us.