Hunt Valley Golf Club

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

AMAZING wedding experience! We have gotten so many compliments about how beautiful the venue is and how delicious the food was. Katie was incredibly responsive and helpful from my very first inquiry. She responded to emails so promptly and is very skilled in her job. She is present throughout the entire process. I completely trusted her with out wedding set up. Everything ran smoothly on our wedding day and It was the most perfect day ever.

06/10/2015

This venue was absolutely gorgeous! -Beautiful scenery and great food! All our friends and family spoke very highly about it after the wedding. I would definitely recommend this venue to any couple searching right now. Katie, our event coorninator did and awesome job with everything, as well as her assisitants with setting up everything and just making sure we were happy throughout it all. I could not have imagined it to be any more perfect. Big thumbs up!!!

Amber and Dane Fox

1 Review
Recently Married

I had my wedding at Hunt Valley this past April and it was amazing! Our ceremony was held outdoors overlooking the golf course with the most gorgeous view. The reception was held inside but maintained the breathtaking view through the floor to ceiling windows. All of my guests raved about the food and the service provided was great. Everyone working there was very professional and happy to help. Our coordinator Katie deserves a round of applause for her work! She was there every step of the way answering all my questions and working out all the details with me. She made sure everything was perfect on the day of our wedding and I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would highly recommend this venue for those who are looking for a one of a kind location and an unforgettable experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently got married at HVGC and could not have been more happy with how everything turned out!! Aside from the club being absolutely beautiful with the most gorgeous views from the reception hall, the staff was amazing. Everyone was extremely helpful and made our wedding beautiful! Katie knows what she is doing when it comes to putting together an amazing wedding. She laid out the day for us by the minute so we did not have to think at all and we could just enjoy the day! We were originally supposed to have our cocktail hour outside after the ceremony, however the wind was a bit much and Katie moved everything inside and even put together extra tables that looked beautiful inside! The staff was amazing! Everyone loved the bar tenders who were super friendly! The wait staff was great, they made sure my husband and i were able to eat something. I would highly recommend having your wedding at hunt valley golf club! They were fantastic!! We would have another wedding there if we could!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding at the Hunt Valley Golf Club on 4/18 and everything was perfect! The venue is gorgeous and has many great locations for photos and the ceremony patio was beautiful. Katie was very easy to work with and was very responsive to any emails I sent her. She did a great job of setting up all of our reception decorations and helped to keep the evening running smoothly. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful it was and that the food was awesome. The staff was very, very friendly and had so much fun with us. We could not have asked for a better day and I am still swooning over how perfect everything turned out! Thank you!!!! <3 Mr. & Mrs. Ritter :)

Peter
04/12/2015

I am so happy that my wife and I chose Hunt Valley Golf Club to be our ceremony location and venue. Katie was so professional, helpful, friendly and on top of everything planning for the wedding and the day of. We got rave reviews about the hor'douerves and the food. The location was gorgeous and thankfully the day was beautiful for a Sunday in April- it was raining all week prior! We could not have asked for a better venue and staff- we will always remember everyone. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding happen!

-Peter and Kavita :)

Katy
03/13/2015

My wedding was absolutely gorgeous. The location is amazing and Katie was so incredibly helpful as my coordinator. She had everything under control and helped make my day amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hunt Valley Golf club has everything that you need for a perfect wedding. The location and event space offers room for all of your guests and also amazing photos to capture your special moment. I was lucky to get married in October so with all of the window views we had the leaves changing color and the perfect sunset. We got married October 24th and our family and friends are still talking about how perfect everything was. Katie made my day so flawless from placing everything, organizing it to making sure that my husband and I had the perfect day. As we were planning the wedding she was very responsive to all of my questions and was helpful and made my process go smoothly. Our wedding was the dream wedding I always wanted and I am so thankful for the venue, location, the food, the family and friends all thanks to the smooth planning that Katie did to make my day everything I wanted!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great service, beautiful setting and delicious food! Highly recommend!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding at Hunt Valley on 10/3 with both ceremony and reception which was simply amazing!

When I first visited I knew right away with the views this was our place! The other parts I loved were the fact that the chivari chairs, linens,etc were all included bc I was a one stop bride and didn't want the hassle of having to deal with more vendors than absolutely necessary!

Katie (event coord) was so easy to deal with and very prompt with returning calls and email (which I had a lot of) and it didn't phase her one bit!

The food was outstanding and the bar service was on point with no wait for drinks!

5 stars for sure and more if i could!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my wedding at Hunt Valley was a no brainer for us! My dad has been a member for years, and you can't beat the gorgeous views! From the very beginning, Katie made the process very simple and straight forward. Towards the last few weeks leading up to our wedding, Katie was great with answering my questions and making sure she understood my vision and where everything was planned to go within the space for our reception. I could not have been happier when we walked into the banquet space and saw everything, even better than I imagined! The bride at the wedding the night before had similar colors in her flowers, and Katie saved them and added them to the entry way and bar which made for an extra special touch! The food was fantastic and everyone loved our bar and signature cocktails. (Katie also was able to order in the specialty liquor for my signature cocktail!) We selected the "Elite Wedding Package" and could not have been happier! Thank you to everyone at Hunt Valley for giving us the wedding reception of our dreams!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We did both our ceremony and reception on site at HVGC. It was wonderful (and our pictures on the golf course couldn't be more beautiful)! From the time we first looked at HVGC all the way up to picking up our things after our big day, HVGC was excellent. Obviously, being the bride, I felt like I had lots of attention from the staff on my wedding day, but come to find out, everyone felt like they had lots of attention from the staff. We have received tons of compliments on the food and view. Obviously, no wedding is perfect - so here are some things I think I would change - apparently, at the cocktail hour, instead of opening up the inside bar and outside bar, only the outside bar was open, and the line was a bit long (we had almost maximum capacity, in all fairness). I never liked the carpet inside the reception room – but when you have that beautiful view – you can get over the carpet. What I loved most about HVGC was working with Katie – she was organized, kept my vendors in check, and made sure I wasn’t bothered by anything on our day. She always answered any questions I had and was open and honest about the venue the whole time. I never felt like she said something to get us to book there that wasn’t true – you can really appreciate that because there are so many decisions going on for a wedding that you want your vendors to be upfront and honest. Why did we pick HVGC? The view for sure, but it was also the packages – they were lovely. Compared to other places around Maryland, I felt like we got a lot of bang for our buck – from the appetizers to the premium bar– all very easy to pick and more than what we ever expected to have (our guests were def. impressed with the choices at the bar). I wanted an in-house caterer (because why mess with an additional vendor if you don’t have to?), and HVGC was just perfect for us. I would def. recommend you checking HVGC when looking for a lovely wedding location. We were thrilled!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I got married at Hunt Valley Golf Club on September 7, 2014 and our day could not have been more magical! The view was stunning and the weather was perfect! My wife and I searched long and hard for a venue that was within our budget and didn't have a minimum guest count. Hunt Valley just exceeded every other venue we researched and included so much that it almost seemed to good to be true. The venue includes: Katie (Wedding coordinator - HUGE PERK), linens, food/drink, ceremony site, chairs, centerpieces, setup of favors and decorations, amazingly beautiful setting/view etc. How could you pass up this venue...it's PERFECT!! Katie and her staff did a superb job of setting everything up and making our wedding dreams come true. It was such a relief to just drop off everything and have Katie and her staff set everything up. I was a carefree bride and so stress free the day of the wedding!! The bridal party even had a room with appetizers and drinks to get ready in and a wait staff to get what we needed. It was a nice place to relax and calm my nerves before walking down the aisle.

The food was more delicious on the wedding day than during the tasting....which was a big surprise considering I thought it was good on the tasting day. Katie was also super flexible with our wedding package and also catered to my family's food allergies which is a huge plus! Katie coordinated all vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. I had to do nothing but enjoy my wedding day which was such a relief.

Katie answered all of my crazy questions and was extremely helpful when we needed ideas for decorating the tent. She should be given the super wedding coordinator award of the year! We could not have been more pleased with Katie or the venue! I would recommend this venue and especially Katie to anyone!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Hunt Vally Golf Club was an amazing venue to host our wedding ceremony and reception. You cannot beat the spectacular view that this place gives you, it is so romantic. Not only is everything aesthetically pleasing, but the staff is amazing. Katie, the event coordinator, is so good at what she does. She listens, gives much needed advice, and makes everything run so smoothly. With her around you will not need to worry about a thing. She sees your vision through from beginning to end. She was very easy to get ahold of and responded to messages and emails very promptly. The rest of the HVGC staff is amazing as well! They were very friendly and attentive to all of our guests. You really cannot ask for a better place to host your wedding, all of our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to!

1 Review
1+ year ago

All my experiences with Hunt Valley Golf Club were overall positive. The venue coordinator was very organized, professional, and helpful. I am an extremely organized bride, and if I hadn't been, it would still have been okay because she took care of everything. She even saved my appearance two times during the big day.

The golf club was one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. The wedding reception was held in a beautiful room, with a gorgeous bar and balcony. The view from the balcony was amazing, which was right next to where the ceremony was held.

The food we picked was great, especially the appetizers which were very popular. The only thing I would say is my meal was a little different between the trial tasting and the wedding, but delicious both times.

Because they had followed my instructions so well, everything with the venue really went perfectly. The venue coordinator Katie, the manager Jake, and the golf club itself made my experience awesome! I would totally pick them again if I had to do it all over.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had a fantastic experience working with Katie and her team at Hunt Valley. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for - classy, understated, and an incredible view - and Katie was a pleasure to work with. It was obvious that she had tons of experience coordinating weddings and clearly laid things out for us. She was responsive and open to all of our questions and suggestions, and we were able to get an amazing deal by having our wedding on a Friday evening instead of on a Saturday. Based on all of our conversations with her over the months between signing the contract and the actual wedding day, we had 100% confidence that the event would turn out just as we had imagined it would.

The wedding day itself went off without a hitch. April, Katie's assistant, was on-site to run the show. The room was set up just how we had described it (I got tears in my eyes!), and everything flowed seamlessly. The food was delicious, and we received so many compliments from our guests on the venue, the food/drink, and how friendly and efficient the staff was. My family also hosted a brunch at Hunt Valley the following morning, and that was wonderful as well. Once again, great food, friendly staff, and a lovely way to see our friends and family one last time before they went back home.

I would absolutely recommend Hunt Valley to future brides. Everyone had such an amazing time, and Katie and her team made the planning process easy and painless. It will absolutely be an event in our lives that we'll never forget!