Hotel Vintage Plaza and Pazzo Ristorante

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I chose to have our wedding rehearsal dinner at Pazzo after reading several great online reviews of the restaurant and service. Although we were a little hesitant at the initial projected food and beverage minimum, we decided to book Pazzo after trying out the food for ourselves: delicious! We made an appointment to meet with the restaurant's catering manager, Krissa Swan, who was kind enough to sit down with us to create a custom menu for our event. Krissa was always helpful, and incredibly patient during the planning stages. We had several changes prior to our rehearsal dinner regarding menu items and guest counts. Krissa was always very understanding, and was able to accommodate all of our changes and requests. The night of our event, Krissa was on hand to greet our guests and make sure that our event went smoothly.
The Pazzo staff were friendly, attentive and fun. They provided fast and efficient service, and always with a smile.
We held our event in the Pazzo Wine Cellar which provided a private, intimate feeling. Surrounded by bottles of wine, wine barrels and candlelight, our guests enjoyed being in a unique space that possessed resemblance of Northern Italy.
For our menu, we chose to forgo traditional entree options and instead, hosted a "pasta bar" themed menu that included different seafood, meat, and vegetarian pasta options. Our guests loved it! The food was delicious! From the starter salad, to the pasta, to the desert options we had chosen, we received many compliments on our food choices.
We would definitely host an event at Pazzo again! The quality of food, service, and unique atmosphere is definitely worth the price. We feel that Krissa and the Pazzo staff went above and beyond to make our event a success. From the custom personalized menus and event headers, to the personalized service, we give Pazzo a 5/5 rating across the board!

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our son's rehearsal dinner at Pazzo and it was wonderful. The food was excellent as was the service. We used the Tuscanny room for cocktails and the Wine Cellar for dinner - the venue was perfect for the occasion.

We had the pleasure of dining at Pazzo last year, but all of the planning was done long distance - we and many of our guests came to town from New York City. Regina, the Director of Catering, was very helpful in both the planning and the exectuion of the event.

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was this weekend in the Cellar room. It was awesome! Every last detail went smoothly and was everything I was hoping for. I can't speak highly enough about Krissa Swan, the catering and sales manager. She and all of the Pazzo staff are very polite, helpful and organized. I live in California, and thus planned my wedding almost entirely by phone and email. Krissa helped me immensely and provided me with great advice and suggestions along the way. The food was fabulous, the room was beautiful, and the transitions between ceremony, cocktail hour and reception dinner went very well. My new hubby and I are very happy with our decision to have our wedding at Pazzo!
We stayed for four nights in Hotel Vintage Plaza. On the wedding day we moved into the Garden Spa Suite, which was gorgeous. The hot tub on the balcony was fabulous. The only problem was on the second night in the Spa room, the hot tub was not hot when we originally got in. Fortunately, it came up to temperature in only an hour and we were able to enjoy it the rest of the night. Other than that one minor hiccup, we were so, so pleased with our entire experience with both Pazzo and Hotel Vintage Plaza.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at the Vintage a Plaza was amazing! Even though we had a small wedding we were treated as if we were the biggest & most important clients they had. Regina helped up plan & implement every detail. She was fabulous before, during & after our event. Everyone was so helpful...right down to the doorman who retrieved my lipgloss from my friend and ran it down the street to me where our photographer was shooting some of our photos! Sounds simple but he just overheard me say my lipgloss was fading & boom...there it was. Now that is customer service! My husband and I will never forget the most perfect day of our lives nor the time & care Regina and the staff took to make it happen.

• Wedding: 04/24/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Megan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We highly recommend Hotel Vintage Plaza and Pazzo Ristorante for multiple events. We worked with Regina, Andrew and Marisa. All of them were helpful, punctual and polished!
The first event we had was the rehearsal dinner, which we did at the Pazzo Bakery. The atmosphere was intimate and Italian. My mother in law was able to decorate and add special touches, which was nice. The food was beyond amazing. We had bread, salad and pasta (wine too!) and everyone raved. Everything is homemade and you just can’t beat that.
We had the ceremony down in the wine cellar, which was so romantic. It is by far one of the best spaces I have seen in Portland. It is also a great place for a small dinner gathering! Everyone was served a glass of wine as they entered the ceremony and after, they were all escorted out to the cocktail hour which was held on the second floor in the Burgandy room. After the cocktail hour (with appetizers), everyone then headed to the Tuscany room which was right down the hall. All the rooms looked exactly how I wanted and were gorgeous. Regina really listened to everything I wanted to incorporate and made it happen. She was a pleasure to work with, as well as everyone else on her team. The staff was professional and polite to all of our guests. Again, the food at the cocktail hour and reception was also delicious. One thing that I loved was the limited menu. Instead of doing a big buffet or a plated dinner, they offer a limited menu for your reception dinner. I had never seen this before and it was a huge success. Our guests loved having the option to order right there and alter anything if they had allergies. It was also less work for the bride to get info prior to the event!
All in all, if you are looking to host any event at Hotel Vintage

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at the Hotel Vintage Plaza in August 2013. We had the ceremony in the wine cellar and the reception on the 2nd floor in the banquet room. Wow! It was fantastic!! Regina Cameli (Director of Catering) was absolutely wonderful! As far as wedding planning goes, she knows her stuff and is a delight to work with! The dinner food and service were high quality too. We loved the wine cellar with candle light package. It was so romantic. Choosing this venue was the best choice we made in planning our wedding!

• Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our rehearsal dinner at Pazzo and everything was perfect. They were attentive to some of our dietary restrictions and handled it with ease. The food was "over the top"!! I, as parent of the groom, never received so many compliments about the food, venue and service. I wish I could take credit for it but it was all Pazzo. I will not hesitate to recommend this restaurant for future events and just plain dining out!!
Thank you so much.

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This hotel was fantastic! I absolutely loved our room (primarily the jet tubs). The staff made sure they got everything from our reception into our room (our reception was downstairs at Pazzos). We had to switch rooms on the second night and I left some jewelry in our first room. They made sure it was safely delivered to me when we returned from dinner. They also left us a wonderful note and a bottle of champagne in our room. They really made the experience wonderful.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We wanted an indoor wedding with a unique feel. We found just that and much more. The onsite wedding coordinator Robin took care of every detail making our day just as we wanted it and kept the stress levels low. We highly recommend doing the ceremony in the wine celler, with the room being lit by candle light it is sure to make any ceremony romantic. The food was excellent too!

• Wedding: 09/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had our rehearsal dinner at Pazzo, and it's easy to see why it continues to be named Portland's best. My parents are not the easiest of people to satisfy, and yet Robin rolled with every punch, question and request. Not only were my parents thrilled with the end result, but more importantly our rehearsal dinner was a big part of our dream wedding weekend. Thank you Robin and Pazzo- truly a magnificent rehearsal dinner experience!!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Josh
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Robin and the rest of the Hotel Vintage Plaza staff who helped make my wedding so flawless and beautiful! Everyone was so nice and so organized and professional. The wedding was gorgeous, intimate, romantic and everyone LOVED the venue! The staff was polite and attentive to me and my guests. They made the whole experience perfect for me and my husband! I can't thank you enough!

• Wedding: 01/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our sit-down dinner and karaoke reception in the Wine Cellar at Hotel Vintage Plaza, catered of course, by Pazzo.

At least a dozen of my guests said it was the best food at a wedding that they had ever had.

Absolutely amazing food. And the service matched. Jane was our personal server and she was so helpful with special requests and with getting everything wrapped up and secured for us. Just an amazing person, that Jane.

Heather Seethoff was our co-ordinator for this whole adventure and she was pretty great. Totally open to trying new things (karaoke) and very helpful in suggesting other vendors.

We stayed in one of the Garden Tub Rooms, and we had a problem with regulating the temperature, which the hotel worked ceaselessly and often behind the scenes to fix. The room was great, the food was great, the service was great, the wine cellar was beautiful and great. Would highly recommend the wine cellar for events with a group of 45 or less people. It did tend to get a little warm with that many bodies packed in there, but it was a MINOR inconvenience that was remedied with a fan, and didn't cast any shadow whatsoever on our experience. Overall, and with most every tiny specific detail, we were floored with their professional magic. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at Pazzo were most gracious and professional. Our expectations were more than fully met, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the rehearsal dinner and brunch.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at Hotel Vintage Plaza are exceptional and amazing. Their professionalism meant I could be calm during the whole process. It is also a beautiful setting for a ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: 05/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hotel Vintage Plaza was the perfect setting for my wedding! The minute I met with the team there I knew I was in very capable hands and I wanted to have my wedding there. I was married in the wine cellar which was so unique and intimate...perfect for the 80 guests that attended. The candles illuminated the setting and the professional staff gave me the chance to just relax and actually enjoy the day! After the ceremony the guests went upstairs for cocktail hour and the reception. We had the whole 2nd floor to ourselves so we didn't have to worry about disturbing anyone and the ballroom was one of the few we saw that had windows to see downtown....which really opened up the feeling and provided our guests with something to see other than the average hotel wall paper. Probably the best thing about the Hotel though is the delicious food from Pazzo's Restaurant! MMMmmmm Everything was so good. We had a sit down dinner, so our guests were able to order their food right then and it was made to order so it was fresh (no sitting under a hot plate for an hour). I am so happy with the service I received at Hotel Vintage Plaza. They accommodated all my needs before and up to the day of the wedding. They were pleasant to work with and they truly cared about giving me a wedding to remember. Thank you so much!!!!

• Wedding: 01/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most of our wedding guests were from out of town and stayed at the Hotel Vintage Plaza. Everyone who stayed at the hotel told us that the hotel was great and that they would stay there again. We had our daughter's wedding reception in Pazzo's Cellar Room and it was perfect and magical! The food was delicious and the service was topnotch! We really would not have changed a thing.

• Wedding: 12/27/2010
503-412-6313
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards