Heinz History Center

Value
Flexibility
Ellen
07/10/2015

Heniz History Center was an amazing venue to hold our son's Rehearsal Dinner. Being out-of-town, it was so easy to work with Ashley who had great ideas and suggestions. Wish we lived in Pittsburgh to hold more events there.

Jessica
07/04/2015

The Heinz History Center was an absolute amazing location for a wedding ceremony and reception. Not only is the venue beautiful but so are the people. Everyone that we worked with was so pleasant and informative. They took their time working with us an made sure that our day was extra special. Maura and her staff where so great. They kept me calm on a crazy day and made me feel like their family. I can not say thank you enough for everything they did for my husband and I on this special day.

Nicole
06/20/2015

Ashley K. at Heinz History Center was amazing at managing our event. We used the library, Campbell Gallery and the Great Hall for our wedding spaces, and everything went so smoothly and looked even more beautiful than I had imagined. Everyone at Heinz was amazing at helping with set up and working to make sure we had everything we needed, especially since we had brought a lot of our own decorations in. Simply amazing. I would work with them again anytime!

npearce
Recently Married

The Heinz History Center is such a great venue. If you are looking for a very unique location to host a wedding and/or reception, definitely consider the History Center.

My wife and I recently used Heinz History Center as our ceremony location and reception location. We got married in the Library & Archives Reading Room on the 6th floor. This is a beautiful space with warm tones, exposed brick, wooden beams, an amazing view of downtown through large picture windows, and an overall great look and feel. It made for a very intimate ceremony that truly felt special. Our reception and cocktail hour was held in the Great Hall on the 1st floor. This space is also really beautiful and offers such a unique look and feel to the night. Because you are surrounded by great architectural details and great artifacts (vintage cars, an old Pittsburgh streetcar/trolley, etc.), all of the tiny details really come to life.

Then there's Maura, the events coordinator. She was AMAZING to work with during the entire planning process! Any questions that we had, she was always ready to give us an answer. Maura was always willing to meet with us in person whenever we needed clarification on details or just wanted to get another look at the venue. She was really great about coordinating the delivery and pickup of various items from our other vendors. She did an awesome job with coordinating the setup of our escort card table, gift/card box table, etc.; everything was beautiful. Because of Maura, the stress level associated with planning/coordinating the day was extremely minimal. We can't thank her enough!!!

Recently Married

Maura, Ashley, & Eric were all fantastic to work with! They were very helpful & supportive in carrying out any ideas we had for decorations, and if it was something they weren't able to do directly, they provided information as to who would be best to contact. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors to take a lot of stress off of us & make sure our event was perfect!

Mia
04/11/2015

We recently held our wedding rehearsal, ceremony, and reception at the Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh's Strip District area. I cannot say enough great things about Cara and the whole team at HHC.

The venue itself is beautiful and a great value for what we received. We had our ceremony in the Library Archives room, cocktails in the Campbell Gallery, and reception in the Great Hall. We had many guests repeatedly commenting on the how unique and memorable the venue was. The venue is also so beautifully designed that we really didn't need a ton of decorations. Everyone loved it!

Cara was our event coordinator and was beyond amazing to work with. She was extremely professional, quick to respond, and very helpful with all aspects of coordinating with the balance of our vendors. We loved working with her!

If we were to do it all over again we would not change a thing. I highly recommend the Heinz History Center for weddings and other special events.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Whitney
03/21/2015

Cara Bull-Trombold was absolutely fabulous. She attended to any emails that I sent, was more than happy to meet with me several times, and the day of she kept everything running smoothly. She met guests at the entrance of the history center and guided them up to our ceremony space, and she even kept my fiance away until we could do our first look. I couldn't recommend her more to anyone looking for a venue for anything!

Recently Married

We had a wonderful time working with the Heinz History Center. Their wedding coordinator, Maura, was so helpful and really guided us through the whole process. Anytime we had a question they were there to help us out and to send a quick response or even set up a face to face meeting whenever we needed one. They were making improvements even up to the day before when they saw that our pastor probably wouldn't be seen by the guests during the ceremony so they added a stage for us in the library that night (no additional fee). Everyone loved how unique the spaces were and we hardly needed any decorations because the library, gallery, and Great Hall all stand on their own. The hotel being right across the street was a major bonus. Maura spoke with our vendors in advance to set up all the load in times. We felt like we were in great hands from start to finish.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding reception was just last weekend at the Heinz History Center in the Great Hall. My husband and I booked this venue because we loved the industrial feel of the Great Hall and the event planner, Maura, really sold us on the space and what she and her team do. Having now completed my wedding I can happily report that all of our expectations of Heinz were greatly exceeded!
Maura was wonderful to work with over the last several months. She was always so pleasant to talk to on the phone and always responded to my emails promptly. Everything that she said her team would do, was done and executed well. The venue looked great and her team was extremely attentive to my bridal party and all of our guests. I had every confidence that Maura and her team would help to make our night go flawlessly and it did.
Thank you again Maura for everything. It was wonderful to work with you. =)

Kim and Ian

Recently Married

We were looking to have our ceremony at a unique venue. We had been to the Heinz History Center before for an event and thought that it was a really cool space with lots of great spots for pictures throughout. I didn't really think of it as a wedding venue until I saw photos online from prior wedding there. We had a smaller wedding (under 100 people), and since we both like books we went with the 6th floor library and archives room. Cara, the event coordinator, and her team were very friendly, professional, flexible, and responsive. Cara made sure to keep me in the loop even though I had a wedding coordinator, which I appreciated. We were able to leave our decorations after the rehearsal the night before the ceremony. They also have a piano in that room, which we were allowed to use for the ceremony at no extra charge. All of our wedding guests were allowed to tour the museum the day of the wedding for free, which was great since most of the guests were from out of town and had never been to Pittsburgh before. The day of the wedding we were allowed to use one of the conference rooms to get ready. They were very flexible about letting us in early to get ready there. Also, we were able to go throughout the museum to take pictures both before and after the wedding. We got a lot of compliments on the venue. I would highly recommend this venue.

Recently Married

The Heinz History center provided and exceptional space on the first floor for a cocktail reception, with plenty for guests of all ages to see, and a great atmosphere for mingling. The dinner was held in the ballroom on the fifth floor, which is a blank canvas that is perfect for creating any theme or ambiance. The acoustics were exceptional for a 10-piece band, and the catering by Common Plea was superb. This could not have been a better party or experience.

Recently Married

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff and the venue! Everyone was so helpful and professional throughout the planning process and on the day of the event. They coordinated multiple vendors With contributionsto the decor and dessert from family members and friends. The acoustics in the room are great for a large band. The dance floor was packed all night! Everything was perfect. Thank you all for making this such a special event for our entire family!

Dana
09/27/2014

Our experience with the Heinz History Center was truly top notch. Cara was so easy to work with and could not have made this process easier for us. The evening was perfect from start to finish and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception.

The icing on the cake, a wedding guest had dropped our card, with cash in it, the card wasn't labeled with our names so someone at the history center had to open it to find out who it belonged to. We received the card with all of the cash still in it, just confirming the level of service we received with the history center.

Recently Married

Cara was our event coordinator and she was fantastic. She answered a first time bride's questions quickly and took care of all the dirty work for event set up so I could enjoy my wedding day.

Recently Married

We had our wedding ceremony and wedding reception at the Heinz History Center, because we wanted a unique venue with a special touch of "Pittsburgh" for our many out of town guests. The Heinz History Center met and surpassed all of our expectations. It was clean and set up properly the day of our wedding (a Friday). Maura was wonderful to work with - she handled all of the planning and helped us a great deal. She also coordinated all of the day-of deliveries and setup and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Thank you to Maura and the rest of the Heinz History Center staff for making our wedding the day we imagined.

Monica
09/13/2014

The History Center's great hall was the perfect location for our wedding reception. Cara was super easy to work with. Our guests were allowed to tour the History Center before our cocktail hour began and everyone really enjoyed doing that and having something to do in the time between the ceremony and reception. The even was perfect, I couldn't be happier.