Heinz History Center

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding reception was just last weekend at the Heinz History Center in the Great Hall. My husband and I booked this venue because we loved the industrial feel of the Great Hall and the event planner, Maura, really sold us on the space and what she and her team do. Having now completed my wedding I can happily report that all of our expectations of Heinz were greatly exceeded!
Maura was wonderful to work with over the last several months. She was always so pleasant to talk to on the phone and always responded to my emails promptly. Everything that she said her team would do, was done and executed well. The venue looked great and her team was extremely attentive to my bridal party and all of our guests. I had every confidence that Maura and her team would help to make our night go flawlessly and it did.
Thank you again Maura for everything. It was wonderful to work with you. =)

Kim and Ian

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were looking to have our ceremony at a unique venue. We had been to the Heinz History Center before for an event and thought that it was a really cool space with lots of great spots for pictures throughout. I didn't really think of it as a wedding venue until I saw photos online from prior wedding there. We had a smaller wedding (under 100 people), and since we both like books we went with the 6th floor library and archives room. Cara, the event coordinator, and her team were very friendly, professional, flexible, and responsive. Cara made sure to keep me in the loop even though I had a wedding coordinator, which I appreciated. We were able to leave our decorations after the rehearsal the night before the ceremony. They also have a piano in that room, which we were allowed to use for the ceremony at no extra charge. All of our wedding guests were allowed to tour the museum the day of the wedding for free, which was great since most of the guests were from out of town and had never been to Pittsburgh before. The day of the wedding we were allowed to use one of the conference rooms to get ready. They were very flexible about letting us in early to get ready there. Also, we were able to go throughout the museum to take pictures both before and after the wedding. We got a lot of compliments on the venue. I would highly recommend this venue.

• Flexibility: 5.0

The Heinz History center provided and exceptional space on the first floor for a cocktail reception, with plenty for guests of all ages to see, and a great atmosphere for mingling. The dinner was held in the ballroom on the fifth floor, which is a blank canvas that is perfect for creating any theme or ambiance. The acoustics were exceptional for a 10-piece band, and the catering by Common Plea was superb. This could not have been a better party or experience.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff and the venue! Everyone was so helpful and professional throughout the planning process and on the day of the event. They coordinated multiple vendors With contributionsto the decor and dessert from family members and friends. The acoustics in the room are great for a large band. The dance floor was packed all night! Everything was perfect. Thank you all for making this such a special event for our entire family!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience with the Heinz History Center was truly top notch. Cara was so easy to work with and could not have made this process easier for us. The evening was perfect from start to finish and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception.

The icing on the cake, a wedding guest had dropped our card, with cash in it, the card wasn't labeled with our names so someone at the history center had to open it to find out who it belonged to. We received the card with all of the cash still in it, just confirming the level of service we received with the history center.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Dana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara was our event coordinator and she was fantastic. She answered a first time bride's questions quickly and took care of all the dirty work for event set up so I could enjoy my wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The History Center's great hall was the perfect location for our wedding reception. Cara was super easy to work with. Our guests were allowed to tour the History Center before our cocktail hour began and everyone really enjoyed doing that and having something to do in the time between the ceremony and reception. The even was perfect, I couldn't be happier.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Monica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is so beautiful and unique. My guests would not stop complimenting on the space. Everyone at the History Center was so helpful and easily accessible throughout the whole planning process. I am so glad I chose this place as my reception venue.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Tara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara had great suggestions and carried out my vision. Their communication with other vendors reduced a lot of stress on my part.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved our wedding at the Heinz History Center. The venue is beautiful, the staff is professional and kind, and we stayed directly across the street at the Hampton Inn, so no driving anywhere for our guests! We did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in the history center and our guests appreciated the ease of the evening. We Loved the great hall for its interesting features and it was a perfect space for 125 guests.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Event Staff was responsive, thorough and extremely helpful. They were willing to work with whatever ideas I had, and figure out a way to do them! They were flexible with final numbers and changing table configurations. They made sure myself and the groom were happy and stress free leading up to the wedding and during it!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maura- we cannot thank you and your staff enough for everything you did for our wedding! The day was absolutely magical. The room looked fantastic, and your staff was extremely professional through the whole planning process. You made what could have been a stressful experience an enjoyable one for us and our families. Thank you, we could not be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Heinz History Center!!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue was great ! Working with Maura ws very helpful. She was there when you needed her. She always returned my calls. She was so great ot work with. She is a great asset to the history center. I highly recommend this venue.

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are not enough words to say how wonderful working with Lori during the wedding planning was. She is so organized and will go completely out of her way to help you out! We decided to have a friend make our centerpieces from fake flowers. Lori made time for us to come out on Friday to set them up. We couldn't have pulled off the wedding of our dreams without her!

The venue itself is beautiful! It has a great view and is very spacious. It's a nice touch that guests can visit the exhibits prior to the reception which was very helpful in covering the two hour gap between our ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot thank Lori enough for everything that she did to make our wedding there so fantastic. She is incredible, organized, and very in tune to everything that is going on. She responded very quickly to any email or phone call even if it was her day off. Lori was excellent about making sure that all details were worked out before the big day. One of the best things that we really appreciated was that she was the one dealing with vendors, communicating what time they needed to be there, where to set up, and any other information that they needed. This allowed both my husband and I to relax and really enjoy the days leading up to and the day of our wedding. The site itself is gorgeous. It is very unique and has so much character to it that aside from simple centerpieces, not much else is necessary to dress it up! We cannot say enough good things about this place and Lori. If you are considering this venue, you cannot go wrong with it!

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Lori at the History Center and everything was wonderful. She was very willing to work with us to ensure that we had the beautiful wedding we wanted. The location simply cannot be beat, especially if you have out-of-town guests who would enjoy learning more about Pittsburgh. Prior to the reception (and until the History Center closes at 5pm), guests of your wedding can tour the History Center without an additional charge. Also, very cool photo opportunities exist with the Racer roller coaster car and trolley that are in the Great Hall, if you use that facility (which is what we did). The limit is 150 people for the Great Hall. Larger parties can use the space on the 5th (?) floor, which has a partial view of the city, but is more banquet-room-like.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
412-454-6435
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards