Heinz History Center

4.7
Flexibility
Whitney
03/21/2015

Cara Bull-Trombold was absolutely fabulous. She attended to any emails that I sent, was more than happy to meet with me several times, and the day of she kept everything running smoothly. She met guests at the entrance of the history center and guided them up to our ceremony space, and she even kept my fiance away until we could do our first look. I couldn't recommend her more to anyone looking for a venue for anything!

Recently Married

We had a wonderful time working with the Heinz History Center. Their wedding coordinator, Maura, was so helpful and really guided us through the whole process. Anytime we had a question they were there to help us out and to send a quick response or even set up a face to face meeting whenever we needed one. They were making improvements even up to the day before when they saw that our pastor probably wouldn't be seen by the guests during the ceremony so they added a stage for us in the library that night (no additional fee). Everyone loved how unique the spaces were and we hardly needed any decorations because the library, gallery, and Great Hall all stand on their own. The hotel being right across the street was a major bonus. Maura spoke with our vendors in advance to set up all the load in times. We felt like we were in great hands from start to finish.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding reception was just last weekend at the Heinz History Center in the Great Hall. My husband and I booked this venue because we loved the industrial feel of the Great Hall and the event planner, Maura, really sold us on the space and what she and her team do. Having now completed my wedding I can happily report that all of our expectations of Heinz were greatly exceeded! Maura was wonderful to work with over the last several months. She was always so pleasant to talk to on the phone and always responded to my emails promptly. Everything that she said her team would do, was done and executed well. The venue looked great and her team was extremely attentive to my bridal party and all of our guests. I had every confidence that Maura and her team would help to make our night go flawlessly and it did. Thank you again Maura for everything. It was wonderful to work with you. =)

Kim and Ian

Recently Married

We were looking to have our ceremony at a unique venue. We had been to the Heinz History Center before for an event and thought that it was a really cool space with lots of great spots for pictures throughout. I didn't really think of it as a wedding venue until I saw photos online from prior wedding there. We had a smaller wedding (under 100 people), and since we both like books we went with the 6th floor library and archives room. Cara, the event coordinator, and her team were very friendly, professional, flexible, and responsive. Cara made sure to keep me in the loop even though I had a wedding coordinator, which I appreciated. We were able to leave our decorations after the rehearsal the night before the ceremony. They also have a piano in that room, which we were allowed to use for the ceremony at no extra charge. All of our wedding guests were allowed to tour the museum the day of the wedding for free, which was great since most of the guests were from out of town and had never been to Pittsburgh before. The day of the wedding we were allowed to use one of the conference rooms to get ready. They were very flexible about letting us in early to get ready there. Also, we were able to go throughout the museum to take pictures both before and after the wedding. We got a lot of compliments on the venue. I would highly recommend this venue.

Recently Married

The Heinz History center provided and exceptional space on the first floor for a cocktail reception, with plenty for guests of all ages to see, and a great atmosphere for mingling. The dinner was held in the ballroom on the fifth floor, which is a blank canvas that is perfect for creating any theme or ambiance. The acoustics were exceptional for a 10-piece band, and the catering by Common Plea was superb. This could not have been a better party or experience.

Recently Married

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff and the venue! Everyone was so helpful and professional throughout the planning process and on the day of the event. They coordinated multiple vendors With contributionsto the decor and dessert from family members and friends. The acoustics in the room are great for a large band. The dance floor was packed all night! Everything was perfect. Thank you all for making this such a special event for our entire family!

Dana
09/27/2014

Our experience with the Heinz History Center was truly top notch. Cara was so easy to work with and could not have made this process easier for us. The evening was perfect from start to finish and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception.

The icing on the cake, a wedding guest had dropped our card, with cash in it, the card wasn't labeled with our names so someone at the history center had to open it to find out who it belonged to. We received the card with all of the cash still in it, just confirming the level of service we received with the history center.

Recently Married

Cara was our event coordinator and she was fantastic. She answered a first time bride's questions quickly and took care of all the dirty work for event set up so I could enjoy my wedding day.

Recently Married

We had our wedding ceremony and wedding reception at the Heinz History Center, because we wanted a unique venue with a special touch of "Pittsburgh" for our many out of town guests. The Heinz History Center met and surpassed all of our expectations. It was clean and set up properly the day of our wedding (a Friday). Maura was wonderful to work with - she handled all of the planning and helped us a great deal. She also coordinated all of the day-of deliveries and setup and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Thank you to Maura and the rest of the Heinz History Center staff for making our wedding the day we imagined.

Monica
09/13/2014

The History Center's great hall was the perfect location for our wedding reception. Cara was super easy to work with. Our guests were allowed to tour the History Center before our cocktail hour began and everyone really enjoyed doing that and having something to do in the time between the ceremony and reception. The even was perfect, I couldn't be happier.

Tara
08/30/2014

This venue is so beautiful and unique. My guests would not stop complimenting on the space. Everyone at the History Center was so helpful and easily accessible throughout the whole planning process. I am so glad I chose this place as my reception venue.

Laura
08/23/2014

Cara had great suggestions and carried out my vision. Their communication with other vendors reduced a lot of stress on my part.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved our wedding at the Heinz History Center. The venue is beautiful, the staff is professional and kind, and we stayed directly across the street at the Hampton Inn, so no driving anywhere for our guests! We did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in the history center and our guests appreciated the ease of the evening. We Loved the great hall for its interesting features and it was a perfect space for 125 guests.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Event Staff was responsive, thorough and extremely helpful. They were willing to work with whatever ideas I had, and figure out a way to do them! They were flexible with final numbers and changing table configurations. They made sure myself and the groom were happy and stress free leading up to the wedding and during it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maura- we cannot thank you and your staff enough for everything you did for our wedding! The day was absolutely magical. The room looked fantastic, and your staff was extremely professional through the whole planning process. You made what could have been a stressful experience an enjoyable one for us and our families. Thank you, we could not be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Heinz History Center!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was great ! Working with Maura ws very helpful. She was there when you needed her. She always returned my calls. She was so great ot work with. She is a great asset to the history center. I highly recommend this venue.