Harborside Grand Ballroom

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Perfect backdrop for my dream wedding. The staff is friendly and attentive. The banquet coordinators, Vicki and Karen, were extremely helpful with everything from planning the menu to calling my vendors and getting everything set. The views are breath taking especially in the evening. It was a perfect night. Thank you Harborside!!!!

Brianna
11/22/2014

I have nothing but good things to say about having my Wedding at Harborside Grand Ballroom! Karen our Banquet Manager was amazing to work with! She knows her stuff and had great suggestions during my planning process. Everything was so easy from deciding on chairs to fabrics to the food tasting! She also had great suggestions for outside vendors for floral arrangements and cake bakeries. Most importantly Karen was very responsive I never had to wait or call again to get a question answered. She was very proactive during the entire process! Not only Karen , but the whole staff at Harborside goes above and beyond to make you feel special and comfortable.

I think its hard not to fall in love with this venue! From the amazing views and the charm of the historic building! Everything was perfect on my wedding day! Karen was such a doll, there to make sure everything was in order. The food was amazing, tasted great, came out hot, and looked beautiful! Chairs and linens we rented looked great! The servers and bar tenders were all so friendly and professional.

I would highly recommend booking your wedding at Harborside! I have ZERO complaints!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Private User
Recently Married

Karen and Vickie were amazing! Very responsive and had answers for all my questions! Perfect wedding venue and people :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am really happy I went I went with Harborside. It was such a beautiful venue. I had so many people tell me it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to. We didn't even pay for the upgraded chairs or table cloths & the room still looked gorgeous. What was really nice about getting the venue there was we rented a beach house for rehearsal dinner, the night of the wedding & the night after. So we got to spend more time with our families & friends! The wedding is over so fast! It is in such a perfect location. The view is what sold us! You do not even need to go crazy with decorations or flowers because the view is so pretty in it's self. We timed the ceremony perfectly to where afterwards we were able to walk across the street and take pictures on the sand at sunset. My dream of a perfect wedding!

Harborside Grand Ballroom responded with the following comments:

We are so happy to have been part of your special day, Madison & Dereck. Thanks for such a nice note, you were a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Most Excellent! We held our reception at the Balboa Pavilion which decorated itself on the harbor of Newport Beach and Balboa Island. I would not change a thing. The service provided by their consultants was so helpful and made my evening very relaxed and happy. The food was phenomenal, which many people told us they served the best they ever had for a wedding!

I would highly recommend the Balboa Pavilion / Harborside Ballroom for any reception or party event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We searched all over Newport for a venue that we felt comfortable asking people from all over the US to travel to. While other venues were nice, we would have been in a ballroom of a hotel with no view. The view alone is worth booking at Harborside, but then you meet Vicki, Karen and Justin and it's a done deal!! They are the nicest, easiest people to work with in helping you create your special day. We could not have been happier with our choice of venue!!

Tracy
1 Review
12/30/2012

Vicki and Karen, You and your entire staff are awesome!!!! Our event was beyond our expectations. Thank you so much for everything that you did. I would recommend your venue to anyone. Hope we can have another party here someday. Thank YOU!

Aileen
09/22/2012

This was the perfect Reception place for me! They were in my price range with the setting I was looking for and accommodated more than enough space for all my guests without it costing more like other places did. They were very helpful throughout the date of booking to the event. Besides that, they seemed to try NOT to bother me on my big day but still was able to take care of everything they needed. It takes quite a bit of communication with them to get everything the way you need for the event, but it's as easy as an e-mail and they respond quickly and efficiently. Thank you Harborside!

Janaée
1 Review
04/21/2012

Vicki was amazing to work with and so helpful throughout the whole process! We would highly recommend Vicki and the Pavilion to anyone that is in search of a venue for a wedding or event!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Harborside Grand Ballroom is a beautiful setting with windows that look onto the bay. Karen and Vicki are wonderful to work with. The food was fantastic and our guests loved how large the dance floor was. One of the highlights of the evening was the "Balboa Bar" bar where our guest could enjoy fresh "Balboa Bars" with the toppings of their choice. We had cigars on the patio after the cake. The Bride and Groom left for their wedding night in a water taxi with all the guests waving from the windows of the ballroom.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is amazing! I was married here 4/4/14. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing, I would do it again here in an instant! i worked with Vicki and Karen and used one of their packages which included the venue, delicious food and upgraded linens All overlooking the water. The view is incredible.

Everything was great from the initial contact, the flexibility in dates (if they weren't booked yet) and the food and of course, the big day .I was amazed at how perfect everything was. They are very organized. They showed me the layout prior to the event and all the details ( colors, uplights, food tasting, linens- everything.) The best part is it was so easy. (i work 50 hours a week and took a new promotion while planning a wedding). They literally saved me. :)

The food was delicious and the view breathtaking. I received so many compliments on how great the food was and how beautiful and classy the reception was. All the staff the evening of my reception were very professional, attentive and kind. (Hard to find these days.)

They were flexible with the food items in terms of upgrading appetizer items and for the bar. We went with premium open bar and they accommodated extra hours and making my reception longer by an hour as well. They are very easy to deal with.

I am recommending the Harborside to my friends who are getting married next year and recommend them to you if you want an ocean/beach venue that gives great views, food, and organization within your budget. Thank you everyone at Harborside!!!

Robert
12/25/2006

Excellent , classy, and the most beautiful place on earth.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Pavilion is a great place to have a wedding reception. It has beautiful views surrounding the venue and the staff was very helpful in every aspect of the planning.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were absolutely wonderful to work with! You really can't beat the view. Floor to ceiling glass walls facing the harbor water and boats. It's so beautiful that you really don't need a ton of added decor.

The food was tasty and the staff great to work with!

It was honestly PERFECT for a Southern California wedding!!!

4.2

I booked before the new owners took over. It was a bit hectic around there when trying to reach them by phone. I'm sure it is much better now. The location is awesome. The waterfront view is amazing, especialy if you rent both sides, as we did.The food was outstanding; I got so many compliments. Parking is a nightmare, but the location makes it owrth it.

4.1

I had my wedding reception at Harborside and it was beautiful. Kristy was a delight to work with. She is very easy going and does what she can to make you happy. As it got closer to the wedding, I had more guests than expected. Since there were two rooms with a divider and I was to only have one, she was able to get me the other room and didn't charge the extra room fee. She also threw in free votive candles for the tables and mirrors for the tables. I also wanted a Persian cuisine dinner and she arranged it all and it was delicious! Great views too!