Griffin Mansions

Griffin Mansions

Exclusive, all-inclusive ceremony and reception wedding venue

Las Vegas, NV 89103
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

3.6
(3.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(3.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 0.0

CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

We are representing numerous couples in Bankruptcy Court. If you would like a free consultation to learn about what is happening in the Bankrtupcy Action, and our plan to pursue a civil action against Griffin, its owners and their various entities, please call for a free consultation or email me at kristina@truittlawgroup.com.

Kristina R. Weller, Esq.
www.truittlawgroup.com
702-425-3529

• Wedding: 10/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

THIS PLACE DOES NOT EXIT ANT MORE !!!! THEY STOLED MONEY FROM TONS OF BRIDES. I LOST OVER $10,000.00. and my sanity. I have NOT STOP CRYING SINCE, mothers Day, the day of my FOOD tasting 5/13/12. WHICH WAS THE DATE I FOUND OUT THEY WERE IN TOUBLE> IF ANY BRIDES IS STARTING A CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE PLS CONTACT ME: noonesweetlikepam8@yahoo.com

This letter is the letter sent to Giffin Mansion
Good day,

I am writing because I have made extensive work arrangement for my 2 employers, along with my groom's employer to attend my 5\13\12 food tasting, both the groom and I used accrued time, along with school arrangement and cancellation for my TWO special needs child who receives serves\therapies , round trip airline/airfare and carfare arrangements from NYC to Las Vegas, hotel arrangement for 5 adults and a toddler. I am devastated that half an hour prior to attending my prearranged tasting we were informed by Griffin Mansion that our tasting would not occur today because the Chef fell sick at work and was not able to fur fill the cooking for the tasting. I understand that people get sick but being notified just minutes before arriving at Griffin is so heart wrenching. I am so at a lost for words and totally unsure of how my wedding day will be. I moved the closing of my house to attend my food tasting, I forsake meeting with my mother, grandmother, aunts, sister on Mother's day 5\13\12 because of my impending tasting. And having my children see me cry uncontrollably on a day that we plan to have tons of fun tasting and viewing our venue and enjoying mothers day is price-less and not a memory any person would want to have as memories leading up to their Wedding day. I look forward to speaking to a Griffin Mansion Executive to discuss how to proceed. My contact information is 212-810-7796.

Respectfully,
Lorena Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Pls SEE this :

attach are the people who lied and stoled my money knowing that they were going to close.

The Griffin Team:

Bonnie Adams
Hilary VandenBroek
Priscilla Hartley V.P. Operations
Ashley

• Wedding: 07/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I got completely swindeled by Griffin and their company Griffin Events Inc. just filed a NEvada bankruptcy last week! They took my $10,000 wedding deposit and now refuse to give it back.

I called a law firm (Kupperlin Law 702-614-0600) and they are taking calls from out of state creditors who have been swindled by Griffin too. I am definitely willing to be part of a out of state committee that formed in order to try to get my deposit back.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I believe our my daughter's wedding was the LAST that Griffin did, well sort of. I just found out a few days ago from our photographer about the mess that Griffin has created in the Las Vegas wedding industry. I read the most recent reviews and found out that the mansion was closed down on May 13 - 2 days before my daughter's wedding. We had thought we got lucky back in May, but have now just realized just how lucky we were!
We had flown in to Vegas from Hawaii on Dec. 26, 2011 to meet with Bonnie Adams of Griffin and for a tasting that day. We gave her a deposit and signed the contract pretty much on the spot and contracted for a wedding on May 15, 2012. We made the scheduled payments from January to May 2012, a total of about $40,000. Griffin was to provide the ceremony & reception venue, cocktail hour, dinner and flowers. Everything else was contracted to other vendors. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until May 6 when the wedding planner, Kaila of Plush (see my review of that company) had a disagreement with the bride and quit - 9 days before the wedding! Griffin was made aware and they were very helpful in picking up the slack. Things became stressful but with Griffin planner's help things seemed to be back on track.
We arrived in Vegas on My 11 along with 120+ guests to celebrate a wedding. We had a rehearsal at the Griffin Mansion on May 14 at noon - we were rushed out of there because we were told that there were executives coming to inspect the mansion, but that we would be expected at 4pm the next day as planned. NOTHING was said about it being closed down or anything - we had no reason to suspect that there were issues.
At about 7pm on May 14, the evening before the wedding, as we were hosting a welcome dinner for 100+ guests I got a call from a very distressed Bonnie Adams - she informed me that after our rehearsal the health department came in for an inspection and their kitchens were shut down. I was told that the inspection was due to a complaint filed by UNLV who had hosted a function at the mansion the previous week. Supposedly 30+ guest of this function fell ill and one of them complained to the health department - resulting in the shut down. Of course I very nearly fainted! Bonnie then told me everything would be ok as they had already booked The Mix - a Michelin starred restaurand by Alain Ducasse located at The Hotel on the top floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel. I was told that Griffin staff had already contacted our vendors - photographer, videographer (who were present at my dinner at the time), cake, photobooth and band. All the vendors were made aware of the venue change. The plan was that the ceremony would be held at the mansion as planned then at Griffin's expense all the guests would be shuttled to The Mix for the reception and back to their cars afterwards. I was told that the menu we planned would be matched as closely as possble and Griffin staff would be at the Mix with us to make sure everything ran smoothly.
After an unfortunate call to my daughter the bride by the cake vendor to verify that her wedding was canceled (this caused a major meltdown) I personally contacted the other vendors and met with the videographers...they all assured me that this move to the Mix was a definite upgrade and that we would all be happy. All the other vendors pulled together to accommodate this last minute change. Somehow inspite of all the stress and tears the wedding was wonderful We arrived at the mansion as planned, had the ceremony then announced to our guest that they were being whisked away to a special location for the reception. When we arrived at the Mix the cocktails were pouring and seafood appetizers were being passed. We had contracted for an iced seafood display (didn't happen) it was replaced with passed assorted appetizers. We contracted for Beer & wine throughout the night night - it happened. We contracted for a bottle of champagne per table - they poured champagne all night. We contracted for a simple house salad - we were served an excellent lobster salad. We contracted for entree choices of Filet, chicken, or mixed seafood - our guests were served the same excellent choices. We contracted for a crepes station - didn't happen - we got a wonderful dessert buffet instead.
Overall the wedding was a bit unorganzed due to the unexpected venue change, but we somehow pulled it off. The Mix did indeed turn out to be a wonderful upgrade - the food was better than what we had contracted for and the view of the strip from the balcony was amazing. And Griffin did not charge me anymore than what I already had paid them. I believe that the reception cost them about double what I paid them - they had to buy out the restaurand for the night in order to accommodate us - and it is one of the top spots in Vegas - know for the food and the view - very upscale - definitely an upgrade from the Griffin Mansion.
I don't know why they did this for us - all I can say is that we were very, very, lucky. A higher power must have been smiling on us that day.
I've since found out that they have cheated many brides. I feel very bad for them and hope they can find a way to make their weddings happen. I read on this site that some brides would be willing to jump onto a class action lawsuit to try and recoup their money...I hope that they can. The unfortunate thing is that they may not be able to as the company has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy last month and I believe I read somewhere that the owner is facing some criminal charges. Good luck to all the "Griffin Brides" out there.

• Wedding: 05/15/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Griffin Mansions is amazingly beautiful! They've been so helpful and understanding. Desiree made everything so simple and easy going. I would recommend Griffin to anyone along with her!

• Wedding: 11/10/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was wonderful! We all had an amazing time at griffin mansions! Everyone did an amazing job and I loved the Dj. The photographer was great and the food was execellent! I will defiantly reccomend griffin to all my friends and family.

• Wedding: 11/01/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding day was the most perfect day of our lives! everything from the planning to the tasting of our food menu was outstanding. As a woman, I was the most calm of any bride to be ever! Everyone at Griffin made sure that every detail and option was offered and approved by me. I woke up on the day of my wedding excited and ready to see it all come along! I was not dissapointed! every second of this experience was worth every dime! I thank them so much for their caringness and hard work. My husband didnt want the night to end. Best decision I have ever made was chosing Griffin. Thank You!

• Wedding: 09/26/2011
0.8/5.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I had my wedding here last year, and I have to say that the wedding did turn out beautiful the day of. But planning the wedding was very stressful. The wedding coordinators are such FLAKES! Before you sign the contract, they are so accommadating, they reply to your emails right away, call you back right asap and answer your questions and concerns right away, like they should. But as soon as you sign thier contract and put your down payment down, its so hard to get a hold of them. I felt like I was sold a bad used car. I would email them and never get a response. I would send them the same email again and then even call them to see if they got my email and nothing. They promis to give to you 5 % back of what you spent on the wedding, if you paid all your payments with checks, which we did, and I am still waiting for that 5% back. And they supposedly assign you a wedding coordinator the day of your wedding to help you with anything you need. Well mine was no where to be found. She came in my room and introduced herself and then I didn't see her again until we were ready to go out to the ceremony. My aunt had to take care of everything, (setting up decor, making sure things were in thier place, etc.) before the ceremony because our wedding coordinator was back visiting with the staff in the kitchen. The next day,a few of my family members and friend mentioned to me that the staff was rude to them. And don't even bother setting up a trial with the florist, because all she does is just listen to what you want. I sent the florist several photos of centerpieces and bouquets that I liked, then set up an appointment to see her which cost $100 by the way. I thought we were going to be able to look at different flowers of the colors that I liked and we would come up with an arrangement together, but no. She put something together before I got there, which didn't look anything like the pics I was sending her, and then just assured me that she would get it right the day of the wedding. So I didn't get to see what she had in mind until the actual wedding day. So to me, that was considered a gamble. But the sad part about it is that I paid $100 for that. Same scenario with the wedding cake! All in all, I was extremely scared how the wedding was going to come together in the end because dealing with the wedding coordinators wasn't easy. But Thankfully, it all came together in the end. My day turned out pretty close to perfect, the food was good, the dj was awesome and the venue was beautiful in all of our wedding photos.
Also, I just saw this video on FB about Griffin and thought I would share it.

Hope this helps you future brides.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous

Griffin,

Thank you so much for everything! All our guests had an amazing time and we had a blast. We couldn't have thought of a better place to have our wedding celebration! Tahnks again especially to Desiree and Erica who havw been extremely helpfull through the whole process.

• Wedding: 04/23/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Griffin Events made our special day worry free and very elegant. All the questions we had leading up to our wedding day were handled accurately and on time. My wife was totally able to concentrate on being in the moment and not worrying about details. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We love you all!

• Wedding: 10/10/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Griffin Mansions and it was everything that we ever wanted. Vitruvian was beautiful but Polaris was exactly what we wanted. All of our family continued to come up to us and tell us how amazing and impressed they were and there is no other place in Vegas like this! They want to have there 25th anniversary there. The food was amazing and any time I had a question someone was always was there. I am speechless. My dress broke and Desiree was right there to help to fix it. From the small details to the large details. It was absolutely amazing!

• Wedding: 06/22/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

To all at Griffin Events:
Navery and I were unsure as to the outcome associated with planning a destination wedding so far from home. However, we had the most amazing experience with everyone with whom we came in contact with during our special event at Griffin Mansions. We are aware that not only the people we were blessed to meet, there were several team members working behind the scene to make this day possible. From the planning process throughout the actual event we have had nothing but a positive, exciting, and pleasurable experience. We were pleased beyond our expectations (which were high to begin with) and would definitely have our Las Vegas events (family reunions, showers, birthdays and anniversary parties) planned and provided by Griffin in the future. They have the most elegant venues, exceptional team, more than accommodating, compassionate, and understanding planners and coordinators, a fabulous chef (the food was delicious and visually appealing as well), the DJ kicked butt, Jackie the floral arrangements were not only unique but breathtaking, I loved the orchids, and the bartender was friendly and fun...Overall the most memorable experience of a lifetime. Not just because it was our wedding, it truly was an absolutely amazing and stunning weekend to remember. We flew completely across the US to have our wedding at Polaris Mansion and were more than impressed with the level of professionalism abilities and endless personalized possibilities granted by the Griffin Events team to make our DREAM wedding a REALITY. We cannot say anything negative about this experience...Top of the line from A to Z. They have definitely outdone themselves and we are abundantly grateful to all who were a part of our special day. Griffin made sure that all of our desires were met without surprising us with an unexpected bill at nights end; they are very upfront as to what to expect, and you get more than your money's worth with them, worth every penny! Compared to all of the other venues this is the best thing Las Vegas has standing if you want the special treatment they provide for you and your guests! Can't wait to get our pictures back so I can relive the moments over and over again... Special thanks to Cynthia, Bonnie, Portia, and Eric for taking care of us to the fullest! You guys ROCK! Thank you soooooooo much!

• Wedding: 06/20/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at the Vitruvian was more than we could have asked for. The staff went above and beyond to make our day the most memorable day of our lives. I highly recommend Griffin Mansions to anyone planning a wedding.

• Wedding: 06/06/2010
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Griffin Staff!!! Portia, Des & Bonnie…thank you so much for all of your help. The day was amazing. I wouldn’t have changed a thing. The ceremony was a beautiful setting. The reception felt very intimate and homey. It felt as if we were at our own home celebrating with family & friends. The all- inclusive service helped a lot with the planning. There were only a few outsiders that we had to deal with. Everyone that attended our wedding said it was beautiful place to have a wedding. I was in a stress free zone and was not nervous at all!! Griffin is the place to have a wedding!!! Awesome service provided to Keoni & I along with our family & friends.

Mahalo-

• Wedding: 05/31/2010
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding day was perfect, I could have asked for less wind but moving the ceremony inside did not take anything away from the day. It went by way too fast, it is all kind of a blur. A blur of kind words, a few tears, family and friends together who have not seen one another for a long time, dancing, laughter, and just an overall memorable experience no one will soon forget. Even after the wedding guests are still telling me what a great time they had, they loved the venue, and the food was great. The evening was well choerographed, if there was ever a problem I never knew about it. It was a great night, I just wish it would have gone on forever!

• Wedding: 04/29/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
877-702-9333
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.6