GENERATIONS cinemastories

GENERATIONS cinemastories

Real. Intelligent. Intimate Wedding Films and so much more...

134 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111 | map
Style: Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling
Packages: 8mm Movie Film, Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was on the fence about having video at our wedding. It seemed like an unnecessary expense – something that wouldn’t really impact our wedding. We ultimately decided to do it because we knew that we would want to have something to go back and remember our special day. And we figured if we were going to do video, we were going to go with the best – and that’s how we found Jack & Naomi!

Jack & Naomi are absolutely delightful to work with. They are professional, creative and relaxed. We did a “love story” engagement shoot and showed it at our rehearsal dinner – and it was absolutely perfect! It captured our story perfectly, and it was so fun to share this with our family and friends.

On the wedding day, Jack & Naomi did an amazing job of capturing the action without disrupting it. They were proactive in finding quiet moments to talk to guests and to interview the wedding party. We are SO excited to see our wedding video – and I have a feeling this will be one that we watch over and over again, and not just sit around collecting dust.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Naomi and Jack were a pleasure to work with! We had the great opportunity to meet them a few months prior at my brother's wedding and they felt like family by the time they shot our wedding. We barely knew they were there but they were able to capture all the best moments.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Naomi, Jack and team were fantastic! They pulled together all the best elements of our wedding and created a beautiful film that feels like a hollywood production. They captured all the emotions and joy of the day and we could not be happier with their services. And while the end product is exceptional, it was great to work with Naomi and Jack as well. They were super easy to talk to and work with - they made us feel comfortable right away (no easy feat if you're not use to being in front of a camera.) We'd highly recommend Generations Cinemastories, and a video in general. It is worth every penny!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I feel so lucky to have had Naomi and Generations Cinemastories video my sons Bar Mitzvah- For my first sons Bar Mitzvah I decided to forgo the expense and as soon as the celebration was over, I realized what a hugh mistake that was- I will never again get to seamy son at that stage of life- such a little boy still- but reading from the Torah and speaking to the Congregation like a man. The first thing I did was ire Naomi when I had the date for my 2nd sons Bar Mitzvah- I was thrilled that they came to to the dress rehearsal an took video there ( our temple would nit allow them there on Saturday)- They interviewed the family members and made the video so special and personal- I am thrilled and tell all of my friends not to skimp on the video, find something else to save on but the video, photos and the invitations are the few tangible items yo can save and treasure forever- everything else is just a memory- Thanks GC!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oh my god it is the most amazing video and I love it so much! I can't even explain how much I love it and everything is in there. It's so funny to see it and I don't even remember some of that stuff. So thank you so much for capturing all those great moments. I was laughing and crying it's so great. We really appreciate all the effort and care you put into the video and making our wedding so memorable forever. And those beautiful cases I had no idea they came like that. Thank you so much for making my wedding video!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
stefanie
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved working with Naomi and Jack!!! We literally cannot say enough good things about the job they did. What they caught and captured is unreal. You seldom see them the day of the wedding, but they are always there and somehow always in the right place to capture a moment. They did such a great job capturing the energy and spirit of the day. You can see the serious and silly parts of our personalities in what they provided. We love it. It brings us right back to the day of the event every time I watch it. We simply can't say enough good things about GENERATIONS cinemastories and Jack and Naomi. We hope we have other events we can work with them on in the future.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just caught a look at the trailer.. looking forward to the finished product etc in a few months time but WOW!!! So glad we did this with Naomi and her crew. Fabulous.

Now we have the finished product and WOW superb, wonderful and completely spot on perfect.

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do we begin? Words alone do not do the team justice. Naomi, Jack and Tess were fantastic to work with and the quality of their pieces is outstanding. As we said after having watched the video -- bucketfulls of awesomeness. We laughed, we cried and when it was over, we watched the video again. In fact, we were so excited with their work that we immediately shared our video with friends and family, and it was an immediate post onto our Facebook walls.

During the hubbub of planning a wedding, there often comes a time when you wonder if/how to cut expenses - when you question if all of the things you sign up for "make sense". Well, it absolutely made sense for us to include videography, and we are thrilled that we chose to include it as a way to help us celebrate our marriage.

The team at Generations cinemastories is gracious and professional - all of the things you'd expect from a top-notch crew. But more than anything else, having them film our wedding was such a natural process - they were part of the family.

Consider them recommended a thousand times over. Thanks, Naomi, Jack and Tess!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and it has now because a tradition of ours to watch our wedding film each year. It's a prized possession that I will cherish forever. I'm so glad that we decided to have our wedding documented on film because it is the best way to relive our wedding day and all the emotions that everyone was feeling that day. Naomi & Jack are the best and we couldn't be happier with the film we received!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Naomi, Jack and the GC team: Thank you, thank you for the amazing documentation of our wedding day! The final product is just perfect and we couldn't be happier! You truly captured all of the emotions of the day! I love hearing the commentary of our family and friends and reliving what was going through everyone's minds that day. So often the memories become faint over the years but this video allows us to remember all of the tiny details of that day. We are so grateful for everyone's hard work and talent! You guys rock!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were recently married at The Seaport Hotel Boston on September 1, 2012---- our wedding day was picture (video) perfect!

When it came to hiring Naomi and Jack of Generations Cinemastories, it was a no brainier. I have been a wedding photographer (www.bkbphoto.com) for over ten years in the local industry and have worked with the Generations Team throughout the years; I have always enjoyed their work, their laid back approach and highly personalized service.... fast forward to my wedding, Naomi and Jack started our wedding weekend by capturing our rehearsal dinner while getting to know our immediate family and friends---through filming our wedding day from start to finish and ending the night by filming our chic after-party at The Seaport Hotel. They were unobtrusive, and their documentary style proved to be one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day. Our guests commented on their professionalism, their tired and true skills of capturing a wedding day seamlessly without interruption.... and the best part was... they turned-around our highlight clip in less than three weeks! See our film here: http://vimeo.com/49884013

As a professional who is embedded in the local wedding community, who knows the in's and out's of a wedding day, there are many videographers in the area, but when it decision time for vendors for YOUR BIG DAY, the choice is simple--- Generations Cinemastories. They will not only captivate you with their films, they are true artists who eat, live and breath cinematography.

We couldn't be more pleased with our highlight clip--- AND we couldn't be more EXCITED to watch our entire wedding from start to finish once it is completed.

From the bottom of my heart, I cannot say enough about Generations and the service we received, we now have memories to look back on as our family grows.

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I decided to hire a videographer for our wedding, I checked out a handful of vendors. I came across GENERATION cinemastories in a Style Me Pretty feature and their work stood out as top notch artistry that I immediately went to their site to view some more clips. After watching all of the available videos, I contacted them through their site and didn't think I would be contacted back. But within an hour or so I received a response from Naomi and she was so pleasant, professional and prompt from that very first interaction, even when I asked a lot of questions. The contract phase was a breeze too and with that behind us I was told that as a bride to I wouldn't be talking as much with GENERATION cinemastories as with my photographer, and that person was right. We did not meet Naomi and Jack until the day of our wedding. I was getting ready and Naomi pops in with a friendly smile on her face. After talking to her for a few minutes, it was as if she and Jack had put on invincible cloaks from there on out. Myself along with our photographer found them to be unobtrusive and in the background of everything all the while still filming everything. You hardly knew Naomi and Jack were there! Fast forward six months to now, we just received our dvds and are totally blown away. The video is high quality and the capture of our wedding day by Naomi and Jack is exactly how we remember it all (I tear up each time I watch it!). My husband and I loved the messages from our family and friends too. We are so thrilled that we invested in not only a videographer but with GENERATION cinemastories. So easy to work with with a wonderful end product. I can't wait to show my family, especially my grandfather who missed parts of the wedding and has been asking each day to see this!

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for the best wedding film creators out there, your search stops here! Naomi, Jack and their team did an absolutely amazing job capturing the story of our wedding day and our relationship. When my husband and I were first planning our wedding, we were not going to have videography for a couple reasons. 1. We thought pictures would be enough and 2. we were not impressed with any wedding videos or companies that were out there. Then we met Naomi at a bridal show in Boston. We got to know her and her amazing work. It was so different than anything we had seen. We knew we found the perfect person to capture our day and there was no turning back. Our film is amazing!! It brings back the day for us! It captures the imagery beautifully, the feeling, the atmosphere and, the best part, the sounds and words! So many things that my husband and I didn't get a chance to see or hear on our wedding day, Naomi and Jack saw and heard it for us. I can't believe that I ever thought having a film was going to be a waste of money. My husband and I agree that hiring Generations Cinemastories was the best decision and investement that we made to capture our story!!

To Naomi and Jack - Thank you so much for capturing our story and everything that you did for us. Words can't express how happy we are with our film and no one could have done it better. Hope to see you again soon!

• Wedding: 12/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most wedding videos are called wedding videos because they capture what is there; Generations Cinemastories actually made a film that demonstrated how our wedding was really a love story and not just a day at a church and a reception hall. Jack and Naomi are wonderful to work with and were great company during the parts of filming that took place during intimate moments leading up to the big event and their talent for choosing the scenes and shots that really tell the story of your day, moment-by-moment is truly exceptional. You get so much more than just a video, you really get a movie of your life's greatest love story!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Naomi and Jack are true professionals and masters of their craft. The bride and groom requested that all videography be "Not obtrusive" and this request was honored throughout the wedding day, ceremony and reception. The wedding trailer that we received shortly after the event was so beautifully done that everyone who viewed it said that it brought tears to their eyes! The completed video captured so many moments of this wonderful wedding that family members could not remember!! What a joy to be able to watch the video and relive the wedding!! I would recommend GENERATIONS cinemastories to any bride and groom as well as to anyone looking for a high-quality and totally professional videographer. Naomi and Jack will provide a product that exceeds your expectations!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Happy Mother of the Bride
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot adequately express how blown away we were by working with Naomi and Jack. From the first time we spoke on the phone, every interaction was nothing but a pleasure. There could not be two more genuine and creative people who bring incredible professionalism, artistry, and talent to their work. We were so happy to be sharing our wedding day with them and loved how important it is to Generations Cinemastories to have an understanding of the couple's identity and story and what matters most to them about capturing the day. After we told Naomi and Jack that our huge focus for our wedding was including our 5 grandparents, they thought of the idea of interviewing each of them for our video. Those interviews are beyond valuable to us, and for the rest of our lives we will be able to see our beloved grandparents so happy for us, talking about their excitement for our future together.

Watching the video, we laughed until our bellies hurt, we cried tears of joy, and we were able to relive the best day of our lives. I will pass along the same statement that was said to me when a friend recommended working with Generations Cinemastories - it is the best decision I made when planning my wedding. I'm sure there are great videographers out there, but Generations Cinemastories is on a whole different level. They created a personalized memory for us that we will have forever.

GENERATIONS cinemastories responded with the following comments:

We LOVE you Emily and Sean! Making your wedding film, getting to know your friends, your families, your grandparents (!!!) was nothing less than pure delight. We hope we have occasion to work with you again in the future, and thank you, thank you, thank you, for inviting us to share your very special day!
Naomi+ Jack

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
617-233-9874
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards