Gateaux Inc.

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Gateaux created a beautiful and delicious gourmet cake buffet for my wedding. It was fabulous! We had 9 different flavors, all equally delicious! Guests described the cake as "awesome," "delicious," "to die for," and "amazing." It was so yummy! It also looked absolutely amazing!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Robin and her crew are beyond amazing, they are not just cake connoisseurs but rather artists. When we first sat down with Robin, we were expecting to have a meeting like we did with other bakers; one where you taste a few cakes then decide if you want white or chocolate and how many tiers you would like. Our meeting with Robin was so much more than that. We spent 2 hours telling her our story, she pretty much knew everything about us in the end and because of that was able to draw up a cake that was SO personal to us. We left and decided to taste the freshly baked cake samples that she had given us to try. After shoving piece after piece in our mouth, we all looked at each other and said we gotta have them at our wedding!! We booked them right then and there. It was a delicate cake with a large flower on it, the petals had words/places/things that were important to Kyle and I throughout our relationship. There were also fallen petals down the side with the same message. It was perfect. People were in absolute awe of our cake and just adored the detail that went into it, it was so much more than a cake--it was our story. It was also so delicious and so fresh, everyone devoured their (quite large) slice. She also created the perfect mini version of our sweet pup Leo eating one of the petals! The proceeds from the fondant pup go to the ASPCA which is such a thoughtful touch. Thank you Robin, your creative mind made our wedding cake so memorable!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing! I really liked working with Robin at Gateaux. She's clearly passionate about what she does and is really creative--she never does the same cake twice. To make sure the flowers on the cake matched my blush dress perfectly, one of her associates went to the Wedding Shoppe where I got my dress and took a Pantone swatch to get it exactly right. She also made a custom stencil for our work and let us sample quite a few types of cake before choosing the flavor.

If I could change anything, it might be the flavor of the cake--it was good, but not blow-your-mind delicious. Some of the guests said that considering how pretty it looked, though, they expected it to taste not so amazing, but were pleasantly surprised that it was actually good. So there you go. Also the pricing is, I think, on the higher end, so a head's up on that. But what you're getting is extremely professional work and the highest level of care for the craftsmanship. I didn't have to worry about any details and there were absolutely no mix-ups, which is super valuable when you're planning a wedding. I do recommend them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Robin, the owner of Gateaux, is amazing. She is super sweet, charming and also talented. I fell in love with her unique, artistic designs when I first checked out her website. You will not find another amazing cake designer like Robin in the TC area. She delivers what she promises. My cake was stunning, in fact, I was in awe when looking at it and didn't want to even take a bite because it was such a piece of art!!!

She was so flexible in changing the flavors and will go out of her ways to make sure that you are happy with the end product. For example, I didn't like any of the flavors during the first tasting and wanted something different, which she definitely tweeked and made it fantastic.

My cake was at the higher end of the $ scale, but it was worth every single penny. It looked like something from a bridal magazine! I cannot say enough about Robin, Jenna and Gateaux so please make your reservations now to design a once in a lifetime wedding cake!

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

Gateaux not only supplied our incredible cakes for our wedding, but also did our invitations and dinner menus. Gateaux has a great selection of invitations and definitely on another level for one-of-a-kind pieces. I was extremely thankful for how patient and understanding they were with how many times I changed my mind on colors and so forth. They turned proofs around in the same day as we asked for changes. I highly recommend Gateaux for a one stop cake and invitation shop!

Profile Picture
Maggi
09/22/2012

I was more impressed with my cake than my Vera Wang dress. That's how awesome it was.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Beautiful cake and so delicious. The only thing that I wish is that they had a little more flexibility as far as flavors go, but I understand that it is a lot of work to work out a new recipe for a type of cake that you do not have on the menu. However, the flavors that they do have are exquisite and so is the work they do with the decoration of the cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Gateaux was one of the vendors I HAD to have so I called her right after getting engaged! Working with Robin was so much fun!! She is insanely creative it is just fun to watch her come up with designs on the spot while talking with you and your fiancee. Our dog is a huge part of our story so Robin made an EXACT sugar replica (she even had him go to her shop to sit for photos!) of him and had him strategically placed on the cake peeking out from behind an orchid! We LOVED it and so did our guests! Proceeds from the addition of having Mr. Baxter on the cake go to the ASPCA, just another reason to love Gateaux. We also had Gateaux do our full dessert buffet as well as the cake. We had cake pops (a MUST), petit fours, shorbread cookies, gummies, swedish fish, turtles, and oh so much more! It was beyond incredible. Gateaux is by far the BEST cake designer and your best choice, you will be astonished at what she creates. *Look for Gateaux in MSP Weddings spring 2012 - real weddings section. Our wedding!

4.7

INCREDIBLE!! The cake was fantastic and a work of art. Plus, it tasted FABULOUS!

4.7

Upon first meeting with Robin I was amazed with how easy going she was about the whole process. She sketched out three different styles of cake for me to choose and I was able to mull if over for a while. After recieving the colored sketches I knew which one was my cake! The cake was amazing and tasted wonderful! She even did our dog Marley on the side of the cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

When my stepfather kept poking the Grooms Cake to make sure it was real, I knew Robin at Gateaux was a cake genius! She went above and beyond anything that we could have expected. And more important than the look? Her cakes are incredibly delicious! I cannot wait to order an Anniversary cake. Gateaux is the not the least expensive cake place in town but every penny was MORE than worth it.

Art + + Deliciousness + New Friend = Gateaux

You'll never be sorry that you chose Robin to design your wedding cake. There's no one like her.

Signed,

A very satisfied customer

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Gateaux made my wedding cake dreams possible! We had a gorgeous cake buffet, and it exceeded our expectations. Working with Robin and her team was easy, fun, and through their excitement - we knew we could trust them in participating in our big day. Our family and friends still comment about how beautiful our cakes were, and more importantly, that they were delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

WORKING WITH ROBIN WAS AMAZING. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

Gateaux Inc. is fantastic. Robin is an absolute pleasure to work with. I planned my wedding long-distance and found it easy to communicate with Gateaux over phone and email. They worked around my schedule so I could do a tasting while I was in town. The cake was gorgeous.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The time spent with the bride and groom to design the perfect cakes was appreciated. Both the wedding cake and groom cake were wonderful. They suited the couple and the venue and --were absolutely delicious. I am the mother of the bride; living out of town and helping plan a wedding can be a stretch. Gateaux answered concerns/questions immediiately by phone and email. Look no further.