Frenchs Point

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was more luxurious than I could have ever imagined. It was purely elegant and also intimate... Exactly everything I was looking for!
The staff was exceptional and I didn't have to lift a finger. (Brides: you don't know how important this is!!!) I had zero stress during our entire wedding weekend (Wednesday -Sunday).
Our wedding party stayed at the farmhouse and our close family rented one of the houses right next door. Everyone had a relaxing and fun time!
I cannot thank French's Point (both the beautiful venue/scenery and staff) for the most memorable wedding!

Frenchs Point responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind words and congratulations on your wedding! Stay in touch!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

French's Point and each of their staff members helped provide an amazing wedding experience for my husband and I, along with our famy and friends. The location is breathtaking on its own. The venue is beautiful and all details are so well thought out. The food and service during the event was perfect. Christina who helped with the wedding planning and every aspect of making sure the actual wedding ran smoothly was amazing. We were so impressed and thankful for her presence. She's a great employee and a wonderful person. We were so thrilled with how our big day turned out. We don't have enough positive things to say about our experience. Our friends and family were pleasantly surprised at what a special place this was (we were lucky enough to stay on the premises in a beautiful house for the long weekend leading up to the big day). It is the perfect Maine seaside escape.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

French's Point went above and beyond, in every sense. The location speaks for itself, but the staff and service were what really set them apart. My wife and I planned our wedding from Alabama, so there were many things that we had to leave up to the discretion and experience of the FP staff and they did a fantastic job. We had originally considered trying to do a barn wedding near Portland, but soon realized that in order to pull off what we wanted was going to require an immense amount of work on our part since we weren't in the area to meet and sample all the different components and then again to organize all these different pieces. When we visited French's Point last November, we were blown away by the hospitality and attention we received - they were more than willing to do anything and everything it took for us to have the wedding we wanted with them. I was initially surprised at their prices, but as I compared to what it would cost to rent a place, hire a caterer, provide alcohol, hire an event coordinator, etc, etc, it was actually quite reasonable, if not cheaper, with the added benefit of not having to deal with a dozen different people. Then there's the benefit of using their suggested vendors: they have a catalog of vendors that they recommend, which they do with an eye towards the personality of your wedding. All the vendors have done events (successfully) at FP before, so they know the space, the photo spots, the acoustics, the staff, etc. and are able to plan accordingly. Christina, the wedding planner, did an excellent job of making sure everyone was there when they needed to be, had what they needed to do their jobs, and didn't have to bother us at all. The food was very good, we had FP make pies, in lieu of a wedding cake, which were amazing. Guests kept telling me there was always someone handing them an appetizer or a drink. And Beach Rose Farm was my favorite part of the whole experience - beautiful house with wonderful people!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In an ideal world, each of us will only have one wedding, and my wife and I can honestly say that our wedding weekend was the dream we envisioned because we had our wedding at French’s Point.

It’s been a month since our wedding and all of our guests keep saying that they don’t know how to describe the experience they had that charmed weekend.

Each of these reviews has captured it perfectly – the venue, which now has a classic white tent – is flawless with no detail, no matter how simple, going unchecked. The food was delicious, especially for those who enjoyed the bacon wrapped steak. Beach Rose Farm – a must for anybody getting married here - will add a completely different element to the weekend for those staying there. And the vendors who they partner with are all first class working seamlessly with the staff at FP to ensure your day goes off as smoothly as possible.

As amazing as the venue is, the cuisine is, the vendors are, none of them would matter without the staff. We also traveled through New England visiting many venues with FP being our last stop and after spending a few hours with them we knew this was the place.

For anybody planning a wedding, especially remotely, the process is much more stressful then one can imagine, but somehow the team led by Sarah made us feel like we were the only client they had. The attention they provided us, no matter how big or how small the detail, was outstanding.

During the ceremony, our guests couldn’t turn around without a member of the wait staff being there to fill a drink or a need.

If you want your wedding to be the magical, unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience it should be, then quite simply you need to have your wedding at French’s Point.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Dana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't even know where to start - French's Point was everything we could've asked for and more. I found them in a Destination Wedding magazine, went to the website, and fell in love. We took a lot of scary steps, planning a wedding from Texas and signing our contract "site unseen" but every risk we took was rewarded with an amazing experience from start to finish.
The staff are warm, friendly, and very attentive. I felt like we had become friends by the end of our experience, and I miss our weekly email exchanges!! Who can say that about their wedding venue contacts?!?! We did almost all our communications via email, which were always prompt and thorough. They were also great about planning conference calls to keep me on target with all the little details. Since we didn't live in Maine, they also gave excellent vendor recommendations, and every single vendor was fantastic.
The site itself is stunning - and we also took advantage of renting Beach Rose Farm for Wednesday - Sunday. This was one of my favorite parts of our destination weekend - walking around the farmhouse watching all our closest friends hanging out, playing games, and enjoying each other's company - and enjoying Maine as well (a first time visit for almost everyone attending our wedding)!!
During the ceremony the staff kept everything running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The service staff were super attentive and friendly. I had guests tell me it was the best service they've experienced EVER. And the food - it was not "just your typical wedding food" - it was amazing. We did the buffet and there was more than enough for everyone and plenty of variety for those of our guests with specific food requests/issues. We ended the night with the s'mores fire pit and it was a huge hit!
All in all, French's Point was the best decision we made for our wedding celebration weekend.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most picturesque spot to have a wedding. I had my dream wedding at French's Point. From the very beginning they treated me with the highest respect. They were there to answer every question that I had every step along the way. Our guests cannot stop raving about how amazing everything was. The staff was 5 stars. The food was amazing! Everyone was so impressed. We rented out the Beach Rose Farm next door for 3 days during the wedding and it was such a memorable experience. French's Point was there to help us with everything. Sarah my wedding planner is the nicest, most helpful person I've ever met. I miss talking with her! Everyone could not believe that a spot like French's Point exists. They all kept saying, "where did you ever find this place". Straight out of a movie-Great Gatsby. I wish I could do the day over again and again. French's Point will always stay in my heart forever. Having my wedding there was by far one of the greatest decisions I have ever met. My husband and I owe so much to French's Point. Best advice is to have your wedding there!!!!! You will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After initially visiting several venues in Maine scouting wedding locations, my now-wife and I stopped by French's Point as our last scheduled visit. After visiting with their management touring the facility/grounds and hearing the packages offered, we exchanged looks back in the car without a single word spoken knowing we had found the venue for our wedding. Over the ensuing months leading up to the big day, we had email exchanges and conference calls discussing the wedding with our French's Point event coordinator. Though my fiancé and I served as our wedding planners, the French's Point ownership and staff was always available to answer any questions, offer vendor recommendations, give suggestions, etc.
Given that this was going to be a destination wedding with the "bride and groom to be" living over 200 miles away, we had some initial uneasiness about planning a wedding with a staff and their venue located such a distance from our homes. These concerns were quickly allayed, though, when we started working remotely with the French's Point team and came to experience their full understanding of their business and their commitment to our special day.
The French's Point team did not simply meet our expectations, they greatly exceeded them giving us a day way beyond our expectations. Everything planned and on the timeline for the day went off without a hitch, not a single inconvenience or problem encountered. The rave reviews from wedding attendees came immediately and we continue to receive unsolicited words from our wedding guests gushing about what an absolutely beautiful wedding day it was, what a gorgeous venue and location it was, and what a fantastic staff it was that made it the day it was. Put simply, the team at French's Point Private Estate is outstanding. They are versed professionals at what they do and are an absolutely wonderful team to work with.

• Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you French's Point for making our wedding day AMAZING. From the beginning of wedding planning...all the way through the day of the wedding, everything was planned perfectly and carried out flawlessly. We have gotten many compliments from our guests about the delicious food, the beauty in the venue itself, and the waitstaff/bar staff who did an impeccable job. Eric and Jessika are to be mentioned because they helped us so much and a well deserving special thank you to my wedding planner Sarah who went above and beyond for myself, my husband, our wedding parties, and our guests. She gave us a stress free experience even when I was an anxious bride at times. I have received MULTIPLE compliments from guests who raved about Sarah's professionalism and amazing job in orchestrating the days events. We really can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and the staff! Thank you again!

• Wedding: 08/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

French's Point is the a picturesque spot to get married but what really makes it wonderful is the service and the staff. They really work with you to make sure you get your vision, they are accommodating to different meals, and they really make you feel like you are their only bride. The accommodations at the neighboring farm house are perfect for a wedding party or family gathering prior to the big event. They have an on-site boudoir suite where all of the ladies and I got ready beforehand making it a perfect and relaxing morning. They also make sure all of the VIP guests are served, get appetizers, cocktails, and are in good hands. It was such a magical experience and the staff and venue were a big part of it!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can not say enough positive things about the experience we had at French's Point. We held the ceremony and the reception on the point, which is situated on the beautiful Maine coastline. The staff was professional, helpful, and knowledgeable, yet friendly and laid-back. The food, including the cocktail hour farmer's table, was delicious.

We also chose to rent the Beach Rose Farmhouse for our wedding party, close friends, and family. We all had the weekend of our lives!

• Wedding: 07/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding at French's Point was wonderful. It was a beautiful location, the staff were friendly, supportive, and helpful. My in-laws were able to stay at the Farmhouse and hosted the Rehearsal Dinner from there, which was very convenient and beautiful. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an authentic, classy, Maine wedding.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I looked at a variety of places but nothing compared to French's Point. They've really done a great job at offering a place where you can come with your loved ones to celebrate your big day in privacy, comfort, and elegance without being too over the top (unless you want that!). Some venues offered these traits, but not all.

I met with Jess and Sarah throughout the year multiple times to make sure everything I was doing and they were doing was on track. They made some wonderful recommendations as far as vendors. Meeting with them was helpful because I've never planned a wedding before—I was overwhelmed not by what I had to do...but by not "knowing" what I had to do. They lowered my stress levels by providing a detailed document to fill out and help them and myself keep track of upcoming to-dos. I had about four meetings with them throughout the year to make sure we were on schedule. A few weeks before we made a detailed itinerary down to the minute on how the day would go and where my husband and I would have to be and with who. (Be at the church at this time, be at FP by this time for photos, cake cutting, first dance, etc)

I wasn't nervous one bit on our wedding day. My family kept commenting on how it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had been too. Everything went off without a hitch too! Sarah even made sure my busted polaroid camera was fixed ASAP and took the liberty of taking the photos herself to make sure everyone was covered :) (I found out about this after the wedding and was SO thankful. No other vendor would have taken this extra step).

The FP staff ended up being more like our family. Our fam and friends all had their own little stories to tell about how nice someone was or how helpful they were. It made me happy to know I could trust them 100%.

I still have friends and family asking if we could get married every year because they loved our wedding so much. I think that is the biggest compliment FP could get!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Jacqueline Dyer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words to describe how amazing frenchs point is. It is the most beautiful place I've ever seen and the owner and her staff are the most amazing people to work with. They are so helpful and sweet. There is not better venue in the world!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
Sarah
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

French's Point is one of the most beautiful locations I have ever had the pleasure of spending time at. The staff at French's Point quickly begins to feel like family as they help with every detail of your wedding planning. Guests at our wedding continue to talk about what a gorgeous location French's Point is and how incredibly attentive the staff was throughout our entire wedding. We could not be happier we chose to have our wedding celebration at French's Point...best party we ever attended!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

The event planner, Sarah, was very inflexible and seemed to think she knew everything. She was hard to communicate with and always wanted things set in her ways. The rest of the staff was very lovely and very accommodating, she seemed to treat the other staff members with disrespect and it was embarassing when guests witnessed this.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
1 Review
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

As far as I'm concerned, there is no better landscape for a wedding than the one you will find at the Retreat at French's Point. The property is very well-maintained; the dining room is elegant yet cozy; and the view is incredible. We were very pleased with the attentiveness of the staff. The food was delicious. Our guests are still talking about what a great place it was! My only advice is to make sure that you keep organized all of the details of your planning. There were times when things were overlooked or forgotten by the owner during the planning process. But in the end, everything went smoothly.

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
207-567-3650
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards