Franciscan Gardens

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

My beautiful garden wedding day. From finding this hidden gem of a wedding venue, to the end of my wedding day I couldn't picture getting married anywhere else. My hardest thing with finding my wedding venue was I wanted everything out doors and I also wanted it to be a night wedding. Well that was hard to find until I found Franciscan Gardens. It had everything that I wanted and also came with the most beautiful Bridal Suite to get ready at, and a cool grooms room the guys hung out in before getting ready. Melissa was a pleasure to work with and made everything easy to do over emails. She was always so quick to respond and made our planning easy. Our special day was everything we wanted here at this venue. Truly is a beautiful setting at night with the lights and everything lit up, making it very romantic. I had a lot of compliments on how everything that day flowed and the food was beyond amazing. People told me and still are telling me how that was the best wedding food and greatly put together they had seen. Which makes me happy that everyone saw what we loved!!!

ItsJenniWithanI
05/16/2015

Our wedding was absolutly perfect, thanks to Franciscan Gardens. The outdoor garden setting created that romantic atomsphere. The staff was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We are so lucky to have had such an amazing team of people. The ambiance was perfect. Price was reasonable for a Southern California wedding. We received so many compliments from guests. Everyone loved the venue. Parking was easy with a parking structure just a few feet from the venue. Local hotels nearby made it easy for out of town guests. The foot supplied by 24 carrot was delicious! I only have positive things to say about this venue! I wish I can do it again! Highly Highly recommend getting married at Franciscan Gardens!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm so excited for my wedding in May at the Franciscan Gardens! IT's the most beautiful and magical venue! All outdoors, huge bridal and grooms suite! Staff has been so helpful so far. I can't wait for my wedding there in a few months!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful Beautiful Venue. I was looking for something outdoors and a little country feel. The courtyard made it feel so intimate and not spread out, with everything right there, the ceremony and reception. For my wedding, the venue switched managers through my planning process, and it was a seamless transition. The new managers took over and made me feel valued and where just as responsive and professional as the previous managers. The food was delicious, and my guests were raving about the venue. Having the head table sit under the pergola was a highlight and made me feel close with my wedding party and husband. The grounds around the venue were beautiful to take photos at, many choices to choose from. One waiter even followed us when we took our photos to bring us appetizers and water to make sure that we felt taken care of. I definitely recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such a beautiful venue! This was the first (and only) venue my husband and I toured; we were in love at first sight! The ambience they create is wonderful - so romantic. Aimee was so sweet and worked closely with us to ensure we got the wedding of our dreams. Thanks for making our wedding day memorable!

Private User
1+ year ago

I have only great things to say about Franciscan Gardens. The venue is beautiful, the coordinators were very professional and the location was very convenient for my guests.

We were able to take the venue and add in our touches to create OUR wedding. It was amazing how fast the venue was able to "flip" the ceremony site and make it into a reception. Our guests felt so comfortable in the venue and it seated 100 guests very well.

The food from 24 Carrots was delicious and very satisfying. Our guests loved the beef brisket and the variety of hors d'oeuvres. Picking a menu was tough because there were so many great options!

We initially worked with Ashley Pyle, and she was awesome. She helped us make a timeline for the day, walk us through the planning process and accommodate to us being on the other side of the country. Alyssa was the contact that was there for us on the wedding day, and she was equally awesome. She even helped fold menus for the reception tables! From the big to little tasks, these girls can help any bride do anything!

Koryn
09/28/2013

Absolutely amazing! Aimee, Ashley and 24 Carrots made our wedding so special and they are so wonderful to work with! Absolute perfection!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I fell in love with this venue as soon as I saw the photos. I knew this had to be our wedding venue as soon as we visited it. It's absolutely beautiful. My guests kept commenting on how beautiful it was. Aimee and Ashley were such a pleasure to work with. They went above and beyond. I had so many last minute requests that they were able to accommodate. The entire staff was so friendly and personable. They made sure my husband and I had everything we needed. The bartender and guard were also quick to react when I pointed out a few wedding crashers. The food is so ridiculously delicious! I have absolutely no complaints...everything about Franciscan Gardens is amazing. Thank you so much!!!

Private User
08/23/2013

Franciscan Gardens is the perfect place to get married!!! From the first meeting to the big day, Aimee and Ashley are there to make sure everything goes perfectly. They truly care about you and your wedding and it shows in their attention to detail. They respond to emails so quickly, they never make you feel silly when you're asking a ton of questions, and they are just genuinely nice people. The venue itself is amazing! It is so pretty and needs very little decoration (great if you are on a budget). It looks gorgeous on its own, or you can add a few of your own touches if you like. We loved having all of our guests in one area, it made it so easy to walk around and see everyone and everyone felt included in everything. Having the ceremony and reception in the courtyard was so convenient and the staff flipped the space around so quickly you didn't even really see it happen! We have had so many compliments on the beautiful venue, the friendliness of the staff, and on how good the food was! The food really is delicious. It's just like it was at the tasting, and it's hard to believe they can pump out that many meals and make them all taste so fresh. It was really wonderful. At night all of the lanterns added this wonderful glow to the reception. Another huge plus is that they do not schedule any other events on the same day as your wedding, so you have all day to use the getting ready rooms and all day to set up. The venue is also a great location for photographs and just across the street from the Mission San Juan Capistrano. We went to the mission for photographs and it provides a wonderful backdrop. We really could not imagine a better place to get married.

4.7

Ashley and Aimee, the detail coordinator and the catering coordinator at Franciscan Gardens, were both a dream to work with. They were so patient working with me as I changed my mind, added some details last minute, etc. They did an awesome job setting the venue up on the day of and making a dream come to reality. People commented on how cute the venue was and how delicious the food was, which isn't always the case for wedding food. They gave me some vendor recommendations, as well, that turned out great. Renting the venue itself is a little pricier than I'd liked, but it's on par with the area.

Ps- ashley and aimee are very calm, which is nice for a bride, as we can get a little stressed as the big day approaches. I'd recommend this venue and the team working behind the scenes!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful venue! I never knew about this until I saw some pictures in wedding blogs and knew I had to check it out! Venue managers Ashley and Aimee were helpful since day 1 when I went to the open house event. They worked closely with my wedding planner and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this venue and have absolutely no regrets having my wedding here. My guests were shocked at how beautiful this place was and was surprised this venue existed (its a hidden gem!). The prices are reasonable and helpful. I really had the wedding of my dreams at this venue and know that other brides will too here! This venue is getting more and more popular so you better book it quick!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have been happier with this beautiful venue! Aimee and Ashley were such a joy to work with from start to finish. They accommodated us every chance they got, and they really paid attention to the details, which meant a lot to us. They were also so helpful and patient with us. The venue itself was just perfect for the fun and romantic environment we were going for, and it was the best fit for our wedding of 155 guests (although it can comfortably hold up to 200). It is so pretty that we didn't need to add much to it. The plants, flowers, vines, fountain, etc. gave it a beautiful, lush appearance. Also, there are many photo ops nearby. We took our First Look photos at the mission and our bridal party photos down the street. 24 Carrots was amazing, from the appetizers to dinner...and the service was wonderful as well! I can't forget one of my favorite amenities: the gorgeous bridal suite and awesome groom's suite! They are perfect for getting ready in or just for hanging out. We were so impressed, and we are so, so glad we chose this one of a kind venue! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If it was possible to give more then 5 stars I would. This place made all my dreams come to life. The ladies who work here (Ashley and Aimee) are so unbelievably helpful that I do not know what I would have done without them. This place was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Gorgeous area, perfect weather, and the overall atmosphere was amazing.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Franciscan Gardens was not only our dream venue for it's beauty and charm but also because of the amazing staff that supported us in having our perfect wedding day. Ashley and Aimee were absolutely wonderful and made our planning process so smooth and easy. Ashley even went out of her way to arrive to the venue at 7 am to allow the bridal party into the bridal suite to ensure that we would have enough time to complete hair and makeup. Both her and Aimee were so personable and despite having weddings take place nearly every weekend they still were so invested in our special day and doing whatever they could to prevent any additional stress or worry.

Melanie
05/18/2013

I really can't say enough about Franciscan Gardens. Not only is it a beautiful venue with plenty of great places to take pictures nearby (the Los Rios District, the Mission, the train station, etc.) as well as the wonderful amenities of the bride and groom suites, the staff who work there are excellent. They were accommodating and flexible, and worked with us closely on our budget. You can either have a very expensive wedding here or a very reasonably priced one - they will help you figure it out!

Not only were they great during the planning process, they were intuitive on the day of the wedding. I had ordered cupcakes from Sprinkles for our cake, and two vegan cupcakes were packaged separately for two of my guests. Rather than put them out on the towers and risk having them be taken by the wrong guests, they kept them aside and then went and found the guests who needed them. I didn't even ask them to do that, and only found out that they'd done it a few days later! That's just one small anecdote to show how thoughtful and professional they are.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Franciscan Gardens was an absolutely magical place the night of our wedding. Aimee and Ashley were so helpful throughout our wedding planning process! The day/night of our wedding was a lot colder than it was supposed to be, and they kindly allowed us to use their heaters at the last minute. We received so many compliments on the venue, staff and food! Everything was top notch! Thank you for helping us throw the wedding of our dreams!